View Full Version : Arcane shard too expensive?

Electroplasm
11-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Why is it too expensive I dont get it!
The things that require arcane shard + another item are cheaper!

like arc ring is 1.2m and it requires shard+dragonite bar

arcane brooch require recepie + shard and its 1.5

but how much does the arcane shard cost? 1.75m -_- !

If anyone out there actually understands that the shard is overpriced and wants to sell it for a more sensible price, add me on my IGN:Electroplasm

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

emkochiu
11-14-2016, 06:59 AM
Arcane shard is required to make new vanity.

Vvildfire
11-14-2016, 07:37 AM
^And the new upgraded mythics, let's not forget that.

Greoatef
11-14-2016, 07:38 AM
supply and demand .... the very basics of all mechants?!?!?
The shards are currently rare, if players are willing to pay 1.7 million gold for one them then thats what they will be listed at, its simple?
A player needs TWO shards to upgrade the mythic armours into vanities so the price is bound to be very high as the shards are so rare?

Schnitzel
11-14-2016, 07:46 AM
The rich ppl control the market, commoners like you and me, can do nothing but open enough crates for a shard or buy one

Xaantork
11-14-2016, 09:15 AM
The rich ppl control the market, commoners like you and me, can do nothing but open enough crates for a shard or buy one
You nailed the point! The problem is these ruthless merchants hoarded loads of shards and they control the market..... It's perfectly legal obviously, but it's a real hassle for the normal players....The thing is, why doesn't sts change either the rarity of the shard, putting an end to this monopoly or insert a new arcane item, perhaps farmable like the dragonite, in the recipes.... Normal players would be grateful......They intervened for example to correct the gold loot in arena which was good for us "normal" players, why not hit these monopolistic merchants for once??????'

Back
11-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Shards are now very much affordable compared to the 41 cap when shards used to be 80m+

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
11-14-2016, 10:29 AM
You nailed the point! The problem is these ruthless merchants hoarded loads of shards and they control the market..... It's perfectly legal obviously, but it's a real hassle for the normal players....The thing is, why doesn't sts change either the rarity of the shard, putting an end to this monopoly or insert a new arcane item, perhaps farmable like the dragonite, in the recipes.... Normal players would be grateful......They intervened for example to correct the gold loot in arena which was good for us "normal" players, why not hit these monopolistic merchants for once??????'

If STS did that, all the merchants would whine and cry, STS loses money
At the end of the day, money talks;
And if you're not one of the rich elites, your opinion holds less a value

Shards are now very much affordable compared to the 41 cap when shards used to be 80m+

Cheaper than back during the 41 cap? Yes
More affordable? Likely
Can the average player afford it? Less likely

Xaantork
11-14-2016, 10:36 AM

The thing is money is much harder to make nowadays, with the tomb/chest drop and the gold loot arena gone, making money is quite hard. Events, running elites, gold loot weapons in the new maps, and of course merching are the only ways to make some gold at the moment. So only few players can spend more than 10 mln for something, I can't imagine spending 80 mln for a shard...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back
11-14-2016, 11:03 AM
The thing is money is much harder to make nowadays, with the tomb/chest drop and the gold loot arena gone, making money is quite hard. Events, running elites, gold loot weapons in the new maps, and of course merching are the only ways to make some gold at the moment. So only few players can spend more than 10 mln for something, I can't imagine spending 80 mln for a shard...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Making money was always harder with the exception of Season 1 and 2, after the introduction of locks, paid players went to a whole different level and only a handful of free players were able to match them in terms of net worth. I wasn't around for 2 years and I deleted all my toons when I left, still I was able to collect enough gold for arc ring, whim and mm within a period of 2 months (from scratch), I did loot an arcane chest and the halloween event helped to an extent, however I couldn't have afforded these items during 41 cap even if I had an year to farm (been there done that).

My point is, getting top tier items are now relatively easier for normal players provided they have patience and work hard for it. When I spend my gold (almost everyone does it) I think of long term investments. Take the arcane ring for example, if I purchase an arcane ring at L.41, it'll serve me for the next 20 levels toll L.61 and even if I becomes obsolete at one point, I can always use the ring on a 41 twink, as I am sure there won't be another ring to match its stats at that level for some years.

Ninthplague
11-14-2016, 11:47 AM
high end items today are far cheaper now compared before where arcanes costs like 20m-80m 2yrs ago. It was also one of the reason I stopped playing AL for 2yrs, when I came back, everything is a lot cheaper nowadays.