PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Is farming The Director Bot worth it?

Silentarrow
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
From what I can tell, the director bot has about the same drop rate as all the other bosses, but takes much longer to kill. So what do you think? Is the director bot really worth killing/farming?

Ellyidol
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
From my experience, nope, not at all.

I've probably done a total of 10 director runs in my entire 26-31 and counting, I don't see the point.

nzane
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
In one instance, I do believe lvl5 holds more chest then the rest of the other zone. More chest more mats.

This is based on my opinion, not an attack nor a flame.

Litlnzane - 31 - Engineer
Squid buddy! - 1 - Squidy

Silentarrow
09-25-2011, 08:30 PM
In one instance, I do believe lvl5 holds more chest then the rest of the other zone. More chest

True, although you can farm the first three chests of Scorcher for easy mats instead :).

nzane
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
In one instance, I do believe lvl5 holds more chest then the rest of the other zone. More chest

True, although you can farm the first three chests of Scorcher for easy mats instead :).

Also true, and you can solo farm those. But if your farming EXP/mats. Director is not a bad choice. Altho I only did venom-scorch anyway. Thru 31 to also farm mats/epic. I hated director.

Majik
09-25-2011, 09:24 PM
The director bot is very useless. I got a custom recipe once tho

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Not had much luck with them a few purple here and there.. but from running the whole of Sloucho yesterday I got around 7 purple drops in 2 whole runs :)

When farming I tend to run levels 2-3 and rmk, works quite well.. though all of this is random ha, you will prob find someone who dont get them through mini-bosses/chest but the team get a bunch when going against Director lol.

Bakoffmycandy
09-26-2011, 04:05 AM
From what I've heard he is the only boss that drops actual pinks. I've farmed him over a hundred times over 90% of the time using x3 Enhancer & still haven't seen him drop anything but the occasional Purples & a couple recipes.

Ellyidol
09-26-2011, 04:07 AM
From what I've heard he is the only boss that drops actual pinks. I've farmed him over a hundred times over 90% of the time using x3 Enhancer & still haven't seen him drop anything but the occasional Purples & a couple recipes.

Pinks can come from elsewhere as well. I've seen one from a chest and the other from the boss in map 3.

Unless there's something special that drops from Director, I don't see the point :)

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Pinks can come from elsewhere as well. I've seen one from a chest and the other from the boss in map 3.

Unless there's something special that drops from Director, I don't see the point :)

Agree Elly, also PINK have dropped in Level 1 and 2 of sloucho, so pretty random like Vanity.

Zaltiar
09-26-2011, 04:23 AM
In my own experiences, I've gotten more purple drops from scorcher runs than directors. They drops almost the same stuff from purp armor to weapons.
I'd say it's not worth it, wastes time, money. You could be doing 2 scorcher runs in the same time you do 1 director run.
But the again, it might be that I just do more normal map runs than commercial filming, so I would obviously get more drops there.
and the intro and outro to director runs is really.... quite annoying.

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 04:26 AM
intro and outro to director runs is really.... quite annoying.

Especially when it bugs out.. and you die before the cut scene finishes :O

Cahaun
09-26-2011, 04:42 AM
True. I do lvl's 1-3. It's where the purps show up more often.

Zaltiar
09-26-2011, 04:42 AM
lol, you can go to menu from your phone buttons, then quit :)

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 04:47 AM
lol, you can go to menu from your phone buttons, then quit :)

Lol my phone freezes and I cant press any buttons haha, if I hold down my home and exit that way, and I log back in that instance just before I die, it still counts as my phone/lagg thinks its still running grrr.. Androids eh.. lol

Kakatoa91
09-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Farming director is just a waste imo.
It takes about ~4 min.
Only sees purp there and even that he is not so generous.
Thats an other map you can clear and more chance of drops.
I sometimes join a random game coz theres no other choice. But I dont mind doing it. You never know lol.:)

Phitz
09-26-2011, 06:51 AM
For the time you have to put in, on director, you don't get enough decent drops. Not worth it to me. I usually just do it for people who haven't done it yet. I personally, just run lvls 2 and 3 the rmk.

MimeRifle
09-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Agree about the value of farming him - and also about the length of the cutscenes. *yawn* (and that was the question of the thread) But I do like the aspect that it requires a little coordination. This weekend I was with a party and I'm pretty sure we got him with just three "charges" because everyone hit their assigned platform each time. I think there is a lot of opportunity for baddies that require a group to establish a tactic, and preferably that involves all character classes to maximize the success. It's the teamwork aspect of the game I enjoy the most.

deafmaster
09-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree as well with the fact that the return here isn't great enough for the amount of work required. Way too much effort required for anything that isn't epic, or a pink IMO.

If he were to almost never drop, but at least drop very high valued items I'd fight him. But even a good drop here usually isn't good enough :-). I'll stick to first three levels as well. :p

krazii
09-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Agree about the value of farming him - and also about the length of the cutscenes. *yawn* (and that was the question of the thread) But I do like the aspect that it requires a little coordination. This weekend I was with a party and I'm pretty sure we got him with just three "charges" because everyone hit their assigned platform each time. I think there is a lot of opportunity for baddies that require a group to establish a tactic, and preferably that involves all character classes to maximize the success. It's the teamwork aspect of the game I enjoy the most.

Good Point and I agree, he's funniest due to teamworks. Also, I bet he drops pinks also, just not farmed nearly as much as Scorch. FYI, was running level 4 the other day and I think that's the best level for exp. Constant mobs, lot's of chests, little downtime and no backtracking, just no biggie boss so limited chance for good loot (has anyone seen a purple or pink drop in level 4?).

BodMaster
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
has anyone seen a purple or pink drop in level 4?).

Never! lol but like you said this may be due to no boss.. though I also agree with the xp and constant mobs but still wouldnt be able to say hands down that it was more effective than running level 2-3 IMO maybe a little less however if this was just level 2 or 3 compared to 4 it would be most likely the best for xp gains.

Acyer
09-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Yeah 4-5 are more of a xp grind levels up to director then rmk. 1-3 should be farmed for items as i saw op pink boots drop from a big chest in scorcher map. Also crafting mats are good in scorcher map too.

Ephemeris
09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree with the consensus: Not worth it. Plus, if you end up with a less-than-stellar group, you may find yourself stemming to the beat of the Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive." I only run this map for grind variety. :)