PDA

View Full Version : Time Interval on Store

Shimada
11-15-2016, 09:50 PM
Hi STS.

Kindly help to enlighten us, why is there a need to have a time interval to purchase from store like the ones now which is crate keys.? Aside from this is the items left to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ckc Chen
11-15-2016, 11:56 PM
To be honest, sometimes they even add time count down for vanity. And when you load up again, the timer will reset, like what is the purpose? Its really confusing.

Legallyblonde
11-16-2016, 12:08 AM
To be honest, sometimes they even add time count down for vanity. And when you load up again, the timer will reset, like what is the purpose? Its really confusing.

If theyre gonna discontinue the "limited edition" vanities can they just discontinue them already. it's been like 10000 years.

Shimada
11-16-2016, 01:03 AM
STS its very frustrating to buy from store. Why youd even put a timer and slot in the store. What is the purpose of this enhancement, no one ask this kind of enhancement from you, so why would you even changed the well implemented store . Kindly remove this timer pls. People just want to buy items from store and yet cant buy because of this nonsense implementation.

Schnitzel
11-16-2016, 01:22 AM
If theyre gonna discontinue the "limited edition" vanities can they just discontinue them already. it's been like 10000 years.

That's why its "limited edition", because you never know when the limit of the limited will reach the limit

Vvildfire
11-16-2016, 01:27 AM
o:
Looks like I just missed the crate keys, they're sold out :c
*needs to check store more often*

Shimada
11-16-2016, 01:32 AM
This items like crate keys i can understand to be avail in 1 week time. But hey, to put a timer in between is just a disappointment. Just so you know , i bought 1700 plat to purchase crate keys only to have an interval of every 2 hours and when the time your buying theres only a limited stocks , just wow these items actually are not pyhsical item that can have out of stock. Please re-consider this and remove this annoying time interval and slot

Shimada
11-16-2016, 02:08 AM
o:
Looks like I just missed the crate keys, they're sold out :c
*needs to check store more often*

Theyre sold out the moment you click the buy button. There's no way you can buy if you have slow internet connection.

Vvildfire
11-16-2016, 07:39 AM
This items like crate keys i can understand to be avail in 1 week time. But hey, to put a timer in between is just a disappointment. Just so you know , i bought 1700 plat to purchase crate keys only to have an interval of every 2 hours and when the time your buying theres only a limited stocks , just wow these items actually are not pyhsical item that can have out of stock. Please re-consider this and remove this annoying time interval and slot

I think it might help preserve the prices

Schnitzel
11-16-2016, 08:07 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder743/500x/59651743.jpg

Shimada
11-16-2016, 08:40 AM
I don' want to answer that. I might as well not assume . Let STS answer a reasonable explaination about this. I could agree to put interval in between but higher the item limit that can be purchase in every 2 hours. Waste of money buying the plat. Fix this please.

Melthyz
11-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I think it's unfair to the general public. I wasn't even aware that the crate keys were up for sale again. I would much preferred how it was done before. Sell it for a few days and take it out. I really dun understand the logic for the current setup.

blazerdd
11-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Theyre sold out the moment you click the buy button. There's no way you can buy if you have slow internet connection.

I had 90 ping and double clicked right when it popped up.. didnt take my money >.<

But I do agree, either there is 1 in stock per 2 hours, or there is everyone trying to buy it at once. There needs to be a bigger stock, at least.

Preserving value or not, its a consumable that is supposed to be a ftp option for locks. Atm, 250k just for 1 chest to be opened is complete bull.

Not to mention all the people that were planning to buy plat for the keys until they found out how the new store worked.

blazerdd
11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
The 1 key crate per 2 hours was (hopefully) an exaggeration. The point was that I had clicked the confirmation to the purchase within 1 second of going on sale, yet they were sold out already.

"Just to clarify"

Vvildfire
11-16-2016, 04:10 PM
That was (hopefully) an exaggeration. The point was that I had clicked the confirmation to the purchase within 1 second of going on sale, yet they were sold out already.

I realized that as soon as I tapped on "post" but you were too fast and now my foolishness will forever stay on your post xD

blazerdd
11-16-2016, 04:13 PM
I realized that as soon as I tapped on "post" but you were too fast and now my foolishness will forever stay on your post xD

Or will it... Teehee xD

Shimada
11-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Any reply from STS regarding this matter is highly appreciated. People are frustrated about this enhancement. We demand that you dont generalize all the items stock. Its like those featured vanities you posted is not even selling, those are the one you can limit to 10 . These crate keys as you can see is sellable, at least make the limit to 100.

Shimada
11-16-2016, 10:58 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/36192fd2950e67a410f57775f92615fa.png

Shimada
11-16-2016, 11:00 PM
I wonder how many days that featured crate keys took. Now the item has totally gone in the store. STS this is totally frustrating, this is not the way to make your gamers happy. :(

blazerdd
11-16-2016, 11:09 PM
I know of plenty of people bought plat to try and gamble at buying something. Now they feel like they bought it for nothing.

Not sure what to think.

Vvildfire
11-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Or will it... Teehee xD

Why thanks! xD

---

I'm a bit sad I can't buy the crate keys (in time), but I'm guessing it helps preserve the item's price. I wanted to buy the keys because you could gain 300k from those 30 plat; if everyone could take as many as they wanted, the price would lower considerably and possibly fall as low as 100k (yikes!), and, well, I wouldn't want to buy the keys anymore in that case xD

Kenzou
11-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Why thanks! xD

---

I'm a bit sad I can't buy the crate keys (in time), but I'm guessing it helps preserve the item's price. I wanted to buy the keys because you could gain 300k from those 30 plat; if everyone could take as many as they wanted, the price would lower considerably and possibly fall as low as 100k (yikes!), and, well, I wouldn't want to buy the keys anymore in that case xD

Ya exactly but 10 kits every 2hours is not enough maybe make it atleast 25 xD

Shimada
11-17-2016, 02:20 AM
Why thanks! xD

---

So much for preserving the price. Items are being generalize in stock limit. Whether its sallable or not. You see this kind of concept is not viable since all items are differ on demand, as I can see here theres no actual analization on the market demand. They just posted the item crate in featured and set the limit to a very small quantity. They don't even bother if this item is sallable or not.

Potato is me
11-17-2016, 04:46 AM
So much for preserving the price. Items are being generalize in stock limit. Whether its sallable or not. You see this kind of concept is not viable since all items are differ on demand, as I can see here theres no actual analization on the market demand. They just posted the item crate in featured and set the limit to a very small quantity. They don't even bother if this item is sallable or not.

If you have followed key prices, the price remained pretty constant from the time of release until now, meaning the demand and supply of the key has pretty much be in equilibrium for a long time now, any external production of the key will lead to a fall in the equilibrium price due to a surplus of keys in the economy.

If you think that you 1.7k plats will earn you good conversion rates into gold, you need to think again.

Currently the items that are available in locks are not tempting enough for players to open locks with keys, most players who buys it are probably hoarders waiting for winter event to come and hopefully cause a rise in price of the keys, hence there isnt much outflow of keys from the economy.

Out of 100 keys chests circulating in the market right now, i would say that 99 of them are not being opened since the start of this month (After halloween event)

It is only right for sts to release the keys in minute quantities if they even plan to do so

Shimada
11-17-2016, 04:54 AM
If you have followed key prices, the price remained pretty constant from the time of release until now, meaning the demand and supply of the key has pretty much be in equilibrium for a long time now, any external production of the key will lead to a fall in the equilibrium price due to a surplus of keys in the economy.

If you think that you 1.7k plats will earn you good conversion rates into gold, you need to think again.

Currently the items that are available in locks are not tempting enough for players to open locks with keys, most players who buys it are probably hoarders waiting for winter event to come and hopefully cause a rise in price of the keys, hence there isnt much outflow of keys from the economy.

Out of 100 keys chests circulating in the market right now, i would say that 99 of them are not being opened since the start of this month (After halloween event)

It is only right for sts to release the keys in minute quantities if they even plan to do so

You dont think that I don't know the market demand as of now? Thats why when you checked cs I only posted one crate keys to observed. Ofc ill hold it when no movement in cs and release it during event. Just when is the last time they posted crate keys. Have you remember? Because it was long ago and even that time they dont put the time interval its still sallable with decent price compare to other items like elixer.

Potato is me
11-17-2016, 05:28 AM
You dont think that I don't know the market demand as of now? Thats why when you checked cs I only posted one crate keys to observed. Ofc ill hold it when no movement in cs and release it during event. Just when is the last time they posted crate keys. Have you remember? Because it was long ago and even that time they dont put the time interval its still sallable with decent price compare to other items like elixer.

i dont quite understand you english but i can roughly grasp the jist of it.

1. It isnt just about you, if they release crate keys, you are not the only one buying it, so it doesnt matter if you want to hold or not, thats your business. There are other players who have plats too, not just u, they will also take this opportunity to buy the keys and GLOBAL DEMAND will decrease while GLOBAL SUPPLY will increase.

2. If you are referring to the last time they sell the 25 and 50 keys the price of keys 1 month after the event was around the same price as of now, 250k - 300k for 25 keys 400k - 600k for 50 keys. Meaning the demand is pretty low and the supply is still quite high in the market.

Let me show you this lovely diagram

So to let you understand it, we assume demand for crate keys remain the same in the economy, P (Price) right now is say 300k for 25 keys, when the release more keys in store, supply will shift right from s to s1 causing price to decrease to P1 lets say 200k.

Hope this helps

Shimada
11-17-2016, 05:31 AM
I dont need a graph to understand you point bruh. I dont mind other people buying crates. 200k still fine for me compare to buying elixer. Hope you got my point too.

Potato is me
11-17-2016, 05:37 AM
I dont need a graph to understand you point bruh. I dont mind other people buying crates. 200k still fine for me compare to buying elixer. Hope you got my point too.

200k is an assumption, there is also the leftward shift of demand, since many people would rather spend plats now, they will not buy keys from you, they will buy from store, i saw some threads of people showing off their plats like this dude who was thinking of buying vanity weapons with his 1700 plats. The reason why people buy from cs now is to stock it because they predict price will rise during winter. If sts release keys now, I dont think many will really buy keys from cs because THERE IS NOTHING GOOD TO BE LOOTED IN LOCKS NOW. Meaning there will be a huge surplus of keys in the economy and price might even go 100k for 25 keys.

I really hope sts will release keys before winter event to prove my point correct lol

Shimada
11-17-2016, 05:46 AM
See. I'm just another plat buyer just like everyone else here, trying to invest with good intention to the best of what I can get out of the plat I purchased. See the vanity worth 300 plat is not even worth it. Buying elixer is not even generating a descent price. I've waited for this moment on keys so that I could purchase some good gear out of the gold income but all I get is a frustration. I'm not even demanding now to remove the interval. What was just request is to higher the limit because as what previously been encounter is the moment you clicked buy it's already sold out and now it's totally gone. If the store is keep going to be like this , this might be the last plat I'll purchased. It's not even about when to release again, its about the method of selling the crate keys in the store. Imagine how many people would buy plat if winter comes and same method of selling. Just imagine the frustration.

Potato is me
11-17-2016, 06:00 AM
See. I'm just another plat buyer just like everyone else here, trying to invest with good intention to the best of what I can get out of the plat I purchased. See the vanity worth 300 plat is not even worth it. Buying elixer is not even generating a descent price. I've waited for this moment on keys so that I could purchase some good gear out of the gold income but all I get is a frustration. I'm not even demanding now to remove the interval. What was just request is to higher the limit because as what previously been encounter is the moment you clicked buy it's already sold out. If the store is keep going to be like this , this might be the last plat I'll purchased.

i understand how you feel, the reason why u couldnt buy the keys is because there is high demand on these 1 keys for plat on it. Being able to purchase it is like striking lottery because i see them selling for at least 100k in cs which is silly.

This cause many people to camp in the store to snipe the keys. However, if sts increase the output of it, the key economy is really going to crash

Imagine u might get 1 glowstick in 30 locks which can make you 6m
To open 30 locks u need 450 keys which is 18 x 25 crate keys chests.
Let price of the 25 keys chest now be 250k, 18 of it is 4.5m
So if you open locks now to try loot the most valuable item you can get from lock right now, is equivalent to saying you are putting 4.5m to gamble for a 1.5m profit.

I dont think many people will do such a thing.

We will need to wait for the economy to sink out the available keys before sts can introduce new ones. In the mean time, if you want to convert plats to gold, there are many things you can buy to have a good conversion. I wont tell you what items they are but i am doing it on regular basis when the price are right, but a big clue would be try looking out for housing items

Shimada
11-17-2016, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the advice bruh. Yeah I'll check that because as of now there's no other way I could gamble my plat to.

Probationer
11-17-2016, 06:53 AM
i dont quite understand you english but i can roughly grasp the jist of it.

1. It isnt just about you, if they release crate keys, you are not the only one buying it, so it doesnt matter if you want to hold or not, thats your business. There are other players who have plats too, not just u, they will also take this opportunity to buy the keys and GLOBAL DEMAND will decrease while GLOBAL SUPPLY will increase.

2. If you are referring to the last time they sell the 25 and 50 keys the price of keys 1 month after the event was around the same price as of now, 250k - 300k for 25 keys 400k - 600k for 50 keys. Meaning the demand is pretty low and the supply is still quite high in the market.

Let me show you this lovely diagram

So to let you understand it, we assume demand for crate keys remain the same in the economy, P (Price) right now is say 300k for 25 keys, when the release more keys in store, supply will shift right from s to s1 causing price to decrease to P1 lets say 200k.

Hope this helps

You don't know the elasticity of demand so it's hard to judge the price, you never know...people could collude and restrict output to sustain there abnormal profits hehe :banana:

Potato is me
11-17-2016, 08:23 AM
You don't know the elasticity of demand so it's hard to judge the price, you never know...people could collude and restrict output to sustain there abnormal profits hehe :banana:

Firstly, as i have mentioned above, there is no real need for people to be using crate keys now, meaning the degree of necessity is low, which is a factor of the price elasticity of demand. this is due to the high cost of risk involved which do not encourage many people to open locks, hence demand is price elastic. The fall in price will be more than proportionate to the increase in demand due to the lack of need for crate keys.

Secondly, collusion can only occur when there is a few producers of the keys with high market power, high barriers to entry and they can either choose to set the price or the output, in this case, if STS release crate keys, the price is already set, the output can hardly be controlled because there is low barriers to entry, many people now have access to plats, be it plat offers or through money, hence it is almost impossible for someone to restrict output unless they create an artificial demand by buying up all the keys that goes up on cs. This requires a lot of gold to do so, and hence the supernormal profit cannot be sustain in the short run.

In the long run, there might even be subnormal profit if sts do not release anything valuable in lock crates that are worth at least 12 m (Twice the profit one can earn if he spend on opening a benchmark of 30 locks or so) The demand for lock crate will continue to fall, and thus creating even more surplus in the economy.

You have to keep in mind that one of the condition for price discrimination for firms who collude to gain profits is that resale of product is not possible, however due to people nowadays having a hoarding mentality, the keys will always be floating in the economy and not used

Probationer
11-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Firstly, as i have mentioned above, there is no real need for people to be using crate keys now, meaning the degree of necessity is low, which is a factor of the price elasticity of demand. this is due to the high cost of risk involved which do not encourage many people to open locks, hence demand is price elastic. The fall in price will be more than proportionate to the increase in demand due to the lack of need for crate keys.

Secondly, collusion can only occur when there is a few producers of the keys with high market power, high barriers to entry and they can either choose to set the price or the output, in this case, if STS release crate keys, the price is already set, the output can hardly be controlled because there is low barriers to entry, many people now have access to plats, be it plat offers or through money, hence it is almost impossible for someone to restrict output unless they create an artificial demand by buying up all the keys that goes up on cs. This requires a lot of gold to do so, and hence the supernormal profit cannot be sustain in the short run.

In the long run, there might even be subnormal profit if sts do not release anything valuable in lock crates that are worth at least 12 m (Twice the profit one can earn if he spend on opening a benchmark of 30 locks or so) The demand for lock crate will continue to fall, and thus creating even more surplus in the economy.

You have to keep in mind that one of the condition for price discrimination for firms who collude to gain profits is that resale of product is not possible, however due to people nowadays having a hoarding mentality, the keys will always be floating in the economy and not used

The fact still remains that these commodities are a luxury when compared to gear, pets etc. Which are ultimately what players require to progress through the game. However, after acquiring these players are left with not much to do except purchase luxury items, crate keys being one of the few real sunk costs within the game currently and may seem like the only rational thing to do to people is to purchase them. With the hidden incentive of making profit which could potentially be gained from opening locked crates, some may see gambling as a way of maximising there utilty while others may do this by simply hoarding as you said or not purchasing at all and being conservative in terms of gold.

Regarding to what you mentioned about players not being able to keep it up in the short run is dependent on the consumer and supplier as the supplier may be able to make a short term loss and rely on imperfect information to absorb the consumers surplus to retrieve a normal profit of potentially an abnormal profit. However, in the long term once supply exceeds demand and the market is in disequilibrium then consumers will be more aware of the risks involved when considering the costs and benefits which may influence loss aversion as there will be a flood of keys within auction dictating there price and forcing people to become price takers, whereas currently players can be price makers.

I'm not sure how price discrimination comes into this as keys are purchased with platinum which has no precise conversion to gold, so how does one know if they are maximising there profits?

blazerdd
11-17-2016, 01:58 PM
I would just like them to come back to the store so I at least have a shot at some. :p