PDA

View Full Version : Sandstone Caves

wvhills
09-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Dear Devs,
I've recently made a new noob bird. My plan was to level him to 25, put the onyx set on him, lock xp and play sandstone caves since I haven't played it much before. Everything worked great until I actually got to 25 and realized that no one plays sandstone caves, it's a desolate wasteland. It surprised me because there are TONS of people in forest haven through glumdoll. I think the reason may be either because 1) this map costs plat or 2) people are focused on leveling and do that in glumdoll then move up to lost expedition.

I think this is a waste because IMO Sandstone is a real fun map to play. I think you guys did well in making the gear in SSC a little better and a lot cooler than what you can find in glumdoll (this should give people a reason to farm it, but most do it on their level 55s) but I have 2 suggestions: 1) make SSC a deal of the day and include something like "farm the most powerful level 25 gear in the game" (to let the noobs know there's a reason to play it) and 2) do away with having to clear the whole map to unlock the next one. It's really hard to find a team that will clear the whole thing and I think it leads to people giving up on it.

Please consider this and do what you can to get people in these maps. Let's not see the time you spent deving this campaign go to waste.

Sincerely,

Robert7204

Tamino
09-26-2011, 07:55 AM
I unconditionally approve all points. Good Idea! Please promote SSC campaign and make it a weekend Deal of the Day!

Nourish
09-26-2011, 08:26 AM
SSC is usually used for lvl 21 farming or higher levels just solo it.

wvhills
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
SSC is usually used for lvl 21 farming or higher levels just solo it.

I agree. That's why I made the suggestions. I'd like to see it used just like any other map. I'd like to see it full of level 20-25's with as many games going on as you see in forest haven, dark forest, balefort and the other low level maps.

StompArtist
09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
A good way to "lure" players in would be to make it a plat purchase to unlock the dungeons after the first... instead of a plat purchase to unlock the whole caves. :D

drewcapu
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
I really like the word "deving"

Kakatoa91
09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
The only time those caves were hot and filled with people was at the release.
It was fun to be the first people to go there with our twinks lvl20 and clean all maps.
Those sand gears we farmed pretty much killed the pvp at lvl20.

Its true they r now ghost maps and town.
Might b good to put it on daily deal but lots of people might miss it. Better imo to put special low price discount for a week like they use to do when we had to pay for most maps before it was free like now.

Ebalere
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I support this idea, sandstone caves as it is is hard to find a good PUG in.

bronislav84
09-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Should be like Shadow Cave and let you go to any of it's zones.

Heroelite
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Yes it is also hard for me when i make a new account to unlock all the maps because many games i join are unfinished because the high lvls just kill the boss