PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion/Discussion: AOE change from Heavy Weapons.

Ellyidol
09-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi all!

As we all know, Heavy Weapons have an AOE normal attack. I've been especially discouraged from using one in Slouch due to the unfriendliness of the maps/mobs towards the effectiveness of Heavy Weapons; not as much mob packs, majority of mobs are ranged; immunity to pulls. This is compared to Numa maps where a lot of mobs were melee, very dense mob packs, and quite easy to pull to crowd control.

That said, using a Heavy Weapon in Slouch would make your Commando less effective since, more often than not, your Heavy Weapons are only hitting one-two targets at a time anyway. Sometimes, just one if the mobs are ranged/immune to pull effect.

My suggestion is a slight change to how the AOE effect of Heavy Weapons work. Instead of a small fixed area of normal attack AOEs, what if some sort of proc'd chain lightning happens instead?

What comes to mind is a max of about 1 main target + 3 bounces (4 mobs total) if the weapon procs. This would have a slightly larger radius of effect around the main target, as compared to Heavy Weapons now which require the mobs to be practically on top of each other.

I'm neither blaming the map/mob type nor the weapon, but would just like to see the Commando class specific weapon to be more effective. I personally find the Numa maps to be more interesting and fun to play versus Slouch, but that's my take. I would think that my suggested type of AOE proc would still work well in maps like Numa anyway, although not as effective as constant AOE from normal attacks with no target limit (I think), it would also be more effective in situations and maps like Slouch.

Thoughts?

Purist
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Sounds good to me would e much more effective for tanking as a commando which if I'm right is our job???!!?? Lol I agree with you Elly!

+1

Ellyidol
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Sounds good to me would e much more effective for tanking as a commando which if I'm right is our job???!!?? Lol I agree with you Elly!

+1

Lol, you're right. I forgot to factor in how AOE attacks from a HW helps in maintaining aggro in a way towards mobs. Good point :)

So yes, in a way, this type of proc would allow us to gain aggro towards a slightly larger AOE from the target. Especially useful for those that like to stray away when moving around.

Ephemeris
09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
+1 - I had intended on posting a similar suggestion for the same reasons. :)

Purist
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
+1 - I had intended on posting a similar suggestion for the same reasons. :)
LOL