PDA

View Full Version : Contest

Neffy
09-26-2011, 04:24 PM
So I'm throwing together a contest and here's how it's going to work. You have until October 16th to write the best, fictional story you can. They will be judged in three categories to determine who wins. Creativity, grammar, and plot. The rules are as followed:

- Each members gets one (1) entry.
- The story must contain NO inappropriate language, behavior, or stolen work.
- Stories must be original.

Judges:

Judge One - Me

Judge Two - N/A

Judge Three - N/A

Prizes:

1st Place: [Undetermined]

2nd Place: [Undetermined]

3rd Place: [Undetermined]

Send your entries in now before you miss out!

apocketlegend
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Once APON a time there was an archer named Poppy. Poppy's grandfather, Harry, owned a small shop in a traveling circus crew. The shop was called Harrys haberdashery. The shop sold hats of all types from berets to cowboy hats to Viking helms.
Poppy lived in the lands of Alterra. He worked to protect the land from evil witches, clowns, and tons of other minions. One day Poppy's grandfather, Harry, wrote to Poppy explainting to him that The traveling circus was coming to alterra! Poppy was sooo happy to see his father and the circus. A few days later the circus arrived Alterra. Poppy saw his father and ran to him giving him a greatbig-archer hug. But His grandfather was crying. Poppy asked him why and he said some evil clowns had stolen his inventory just outside of Alterra. "Oh no!", Poppy exclaimed. We have to find those evil clowns! Poppy got a group of friends and set out on a quest to find those evil clowns! Poppy had never been out of Alterra and was quite frightened when he saw how dark and scary it was. The group came across a big black and white tent in a clearing. They silently crept toward it and heard evil laughs from inside. The group powered up they're buffs to prepare for combat. At the count of three they stood the tent. The tent was filled with lots of rubbish. Clown noses, wigs, staffs, and other miscellaneous gear. The party caught the clowns by surprise. Within seconds the group had killed the evil clowns. Poppy found his grandfathers chest burried under colorful robes.
The next morning the group set back for home. Poppy's grandfather was amazed and so happy to see his items, and his grandson Poppy back home safely. Poppy's grandfather gave them each free circus tickets to that nights event. Everyone had lots of fun. The next morning Grandfather said goodbye to Poppy. "Ill see you next year!" they both exclaimed in unison. And from that day on there were no new evil minions invading Alterra. "Thats what you think", said a translvania accent vampire like voice from behind Poppy....

To be continued...

-apocketlegend :)

Neffy
09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
x) Good entry.

apocketlegend
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks, will the prizes be gold? :)

thefirehawk
09-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Spot saved

apocketlegend
10-01-2011, 08:32 AM
What happened to this thread?

Darkfader
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Well reason I didn't take part into this is, story is judged by grammar. I'm not even close to speak/write enough good English to succes in contest like this. And also since this community have players around the world I don't see good idea to judge by grammar of language which some won't talk normally or as first language.