PDA

View Full Version : accept the revive!

arischal
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Why do some people not accept the revive at bosses in nuris? Its really starting to get annoying three bosses today. People died, then they try and stay dead for the rest of boss fight. I feel like my boots might have to start again. Please don't afk during a boss

onemadzhau
09-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Agreed lol

xXDamonDXx
09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah I never understand why they do that and not get up and help out.

Although i never accept revives much these days i just pay platinum to get up even if iv been revived lol.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Neffy
09-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Why do some people not accept the revive at bosses in nuris? Its really starting to get annoying three bosses today. People died, then they try and stay dead for the rest of boss fight. I feel like my boots might have to start again. Please don't afk during a boss
Since I usually host for all my friends, and we usually run with 2 mages, they say "bt" and I boot the person dead. This has been happening a lot lately. Even in sewers.

Charmstrange
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
The only way I will accept this kind of drop in death is if:
I am the only mage, and dead on the floor
The boss is almost dead when I went down
There is definitely no time for me to run back from the start (I usually don't plat rev)

I would expect to get booted if another mage rev'd and i didn't accept, even if it was due to a major ping.

PatsoeGamer
09-27-2011, 07:33 AM
I bought some new boots today, funny that maybe puttin them to use soon then ;) wakey wakey...

RedRyder
09-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Their ping goes out of control. It's happened to me plenty, even throughout the entire boss fight.

StompArtist
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Their ping goes out of control. It's happened to me plenty, even throughout the entire boss fight.

Yeah. I looked at a 8K+ ping and the boss and group "teleporting" around the room and suddenly I was dead with a bad drop and everyone was gone :(

RedRyder
09-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Yea pings the most common reason, Idk why no one brought it up. No one will deliberately stay dead since the timer is 2 minutes of being dead that you wouldn't get a drop. So if they're still down by then it's obviously ping, which we can't really help.

Gluttony
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Ping could be a possibility, but the more likely answer is they would rather wait and receive their drop and not risk another death. Aggro is usually obtained by whoever is doing the most damage to the boss,,so if they gained aggro and died changes are if they accept the revive and spam their best skills they'll get aggro again. We can all agree that a good kill to death ratio doesn't make a better player, but many players try to preserve their numbers and avoiding difficult situations is one way.

Zaltiar
09-27-2011, 09:36 AM
I feel you, during one of the nuri madness runs back then, I had a party member that died right outside the boss room.
This person had the nerve to tell me "pull the boss here" :| lol. off topic but meh. Just amazes me sometimes.
I guess the reasons could be:
1) The person doesnt have enought mana/health pots to survive the battle
2) Lag, could also be the reason the person died.
3) Lazy and cant be bothered
4) Enjoying the view of the sky above.

apoceq
09-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Usually why they dont revive or run back is because they auto attack and afk...some people..

drewcapu
09-27-2011, 10:10 AM
They were probably playing a long time and had to leave the room to do a few gurgoxes IRL

dudetus
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
^MhmhmmrmrmrrrrmrmrmrmrmmrmrrrrrHAAAAA!!

Navygreen
09-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I've seen this happen, too. I don't ever boot from games unless there's someone there breaking the tos or something. So, if I rev them and they lay on the ground, i just run by them and keep playing. I guess I never really payed much attention to it. I hope I don't start noticing this more now since I read this thread lol..