PDA

View Full Version : Gobi Discussion

ClumsyCactus
11-20-2016, 05:37 PM
As the title says, what are your thoughts on the newly introduced champion Gobi?
My initial reaction was that he was way too strong, but I quickly understood that I just so happen to play characters that he counters. Regardless, Gobi is clearly a very strong character considering the armor reduction his skills provide and his very strong gapcloser/escape. Do you people think he is overpowered and deserve a nerf, or is he fine? If he deserves a nerf, what should be changed?

NicotineRushh
11-20-2016, 05:44 PM
I have yet to encounter a Gobi that I couldnt beat. Now im not saying that just to be cocky, im just saying that even though he is good, its not like any noob can pick him up and dominate with him, which is what I consider OP. Maybe ill change my mind if I face a really good gobi player, or once most players learn to play him, but for now i think he is powerful, but not overpowered.

NicotineRushh
11-20-2016, 11:10 PM
Ok I just bought him and I can definitely see now why people say he is overpowered.

Ceuidear
11-20-2016, 11:19 PM
As the title says, what are your thoughts on the newly introduced champion Gobi?
My initial reaction was that he was way too strong, but I quickly understood that I just so happen to play characters that he counters. Regardless, Gobi is clearly a very strong character considering the armor reduction his skills provide and his very strong gapcloser/escape. Do you people think he is overpowered and deserve a nerf, or is he fine? If he deserves a nerf, what should be changed?

With his current damage & shield i consider him an OP. Cant bring his blood bar down even with tantrum, when his shield is active cant make much damage event after summoning Mr.midnight with combo of its bits spidy. With Modus can take him down(without having shield) with barrage(W/ additional projectile) & Final salvo when he is near the tower but, off the tower its hard to take him down.
*needs a nerf*

Legallyblonde
11-20-2016, 11:36 PM
IMO Gobi is OP. He deals more damage than the assassins, has tons of CC, mobility, and survivability. He's honestly almost as broken as pre-pre nerf Violet. He honestly needs a big nerf, but StS love him so I fear that'll never happen.

*All his skills reduce armor, im also assuming this effect stacks because he definitely deals insane amount of damage. Also this armor decay allows his entire team to take advantage of the weakened target.
*Tons of CC. 2 interrupts, 3 snares, 1 knockback, 1 knocback/stun. Makes it almost impossible to fight Gobi without getting your skills cancelled, and whether you fight back or not he'll just stack armor decay and kill you.
*Ursan Roar & Unstoppable both grant him sizable shields, Unstoppable granting him intangibility. Which combined with his natural tankyness make Gobi extremely hard to kill.

His only weakness is like, he doesn't push turrets extremely fast. I mean he stills deals good turret damage but I guess that's it??

He's only maybe countered by Cinder/Modus and that's only if they can kite him. If they get caught out of position they're deader than mausoleum in arcane legends.

EDIT: If he had to be nerfed/changed. Here are my ideas.
Nerfs
*Armor Decay no longer stacks.

*Remove the interrupt & armor decay from Ursan Roar. Damaging & Granting shields per enemy is enough.(plus the 10% free damage boost)

*Ursan Kick still knocks enemies back but it no longer stuns.

*Unstoppable no longer deals damage or decays armor, but it still has knockback.

*Remove the tier 6&7 talents Opportunity & Tendon Slash.

*Remove the tier 10 talent Charge.

Buffs
*Hamstring now interrupts enemy skills.

*Tier 6 Talent Opportunity is replaced with a 5% movement speed buff.

*Tier 7 Talent Tendon Slash is replaced with a 3 second 15 damage bleed.

*Tier 10 Talent Charge is replace with a CC cleanse.

ClumsyCactus
11-21-2016, 01:56 AM
*Armor Decay no longer stacks.

I really like this idea in particular, it would make things at least a little bit mor balanced!

Caabatric
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM
I really like this idea in particular, it would make things at least a little bit mor balanced!

Holy you still play COC jina!!!
(do you even remember me >.>)

agreed that gobi armor debuffs shouldn't stack

ClumsyCactus
11-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Holy you still play COC jina!!!
(do you even remember me >.>)

agreed that gobi armor debuffs shouldn't stack

I mean does it count as "still playing" when I came back and started playing again for the update? ;)
But haaaaaii!

Caabatric
11-25-2016, 02:43 AM
I mean does it count as "still playing" when I came back and started playing again for the update? ;)
But haaaaaii!

Lol Same

you should prob friends request me

NicotineRushh
11-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Who are the champs that counter gobi?

ClumsyCactus
11-26-2016, 03:00 PM

I wish I knew too

NicotineRushh
11-26-2016, 07:08 PM
I wish I knew too

Oh i misread your post as "i just so happen to play characters that counter him"

So far I think his best counters are high damaging tanks and supports but thats just from my personal experience. Anything else dies very quickly

Ironforge991
11-27-2016, 09:25 AM
Try ulric vs gobi xD

Necropolis
12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Try scorch vs gobi, I can solo a gobi with my scorch

Sent using tapasucks

Necropolis
12-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh i misread your post as "i just so happen to play characters that counter him"

So far I think his best counters are high damaging tanks and supports but thats just from my personal experience. Anything else dies very quickly
If you're a little bit skilled, you're able to kill all enemies.

Sent using tapasucks

ClumsyCactus
12-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Try scorch vs gobi, I can solo a gobi with my scorch

Sent using tapasucks

Problem is my Scorch is level 4 and I don't really enjoy playing him, but thanks for the tips :)

Arkesa
12-07-2016, 10:19 AM
I can counter with jack