PDA

View Full Version : Riding Pets, Mounts, Saddles System idea

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi! I was inspiried by this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?379883-Riding-on-pets-) and came up with this idea for a mount system and how it would work.

Mounting & Effects
What's the point of mounting you ask? When riding a pet the player recieves a 150% movement speed bonus.

Riding pets has no effects on its happiness meter. Players can also ride pets for as long as they like, you can even stand idle in town while mounted on a pet.

Players are unable to mount a pet if its happiness meter is depleted. Players are also unmounted if they-
*Use a skill or basic attack.
*Using your pet's Arcane Ability.
*Receiving damage.
*Dying

Note: You can travel & fast travel in-between maps while mounted I.E. Kraag -> Kraag Guild Castle.

How to ride your pet
Once you have summoned an appropriate pet and have the right saddle equipped. An icon of a saddle will appear beside(or instead of) the elixer button at the bottom of the screen. Tapping it will put you in a 2 second channelling state. Upon completion you will be riding your pet!
http://imgur.com/dDrngdH.png

Saddles
Saddles are items available in the Store that allow you to mount & ride pets. There are 4 types of saddles available in the store.
Bound Riding Saddle: 50 Plat
Riding Saddle(Tradeable): 100 Plat
Bound Special Saddle: 150 Plat
Special Saddle(Tradeable): 300 Plat

What are special saddles?
Special Saddles are saddles imbued with animacy magic. They allow the player to ride pets that logically couldn't be otherwise. Pets that require a special saddle have unique animations when riding them.

Vanity Trail Saddles
Vanity Trail Saddles are Special Saddles that function the same as a Special Saddle except create a visible trail while riding on your pet. This can range from leaving a trail of flames, rainbows, gold, and much more. Seasonal Saddles are sold in bound version for a high platinum price in the store. They are otherwise looted from seasonal Massive Locked Crates.

Where to equip a saddle?
In the Other section.
http://i.imgur.com/YXNSsW7.png

*Note: Saddles are just items. There isn't a physical saddle when riding pets.

Normal Mount Pets
All Deers
All Reindeers
All Boars
All Unicorns
All Bears
All Dodos
All Wolves
All Demon Dogs
All Dragon Whelps
Stampy/Golden Stampy

Special Mounts
Brothers: They both carry you on your back over their heads.
The Brothers Whim
Shady'N'Surge
Lemon and Lime

Genies: Transforms into a magic carpet, letting you surf on them.
Maridos

Ghosts: Instead of riding them, the player runs frantically as they are chased by their ghost making a spooky face/waving their scythe.
Slobber/Golden Slobber
Grimm
Gloom

Sharks: The shark lifts their head and back from out of the ground, letting you surf on them.
Ripmaw
Hammerjaw

Golem: The player bounces repeatedly in pain off of their golem's back.
Glacian
Slag
Breezaga
Toor/Golden Toor

Alterra Fairies: They carry you by the back of your collar.
Ellie
Hawken
Gobi

Werewolves: You sit on their back as they run on all fours.
Fenris
Accalia

*If you have any ideas for special mounts let me know! :)

*If a certain pet/species isn't on the list it's because they would be unmountable.

Motorway
11-21-2016, 04:42 AM
200% speed is a unique advantage for speed set users. Giving everyone pretty much a free speed set is absurd.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

boohgey
11-21-2016, 05:28 AM
WOW DUDE :-D I LIKE YOUR IDEAS....it make sense...all of your ideas should be implemented in the game :-D

Sent from my A11w using Tapatalk

Kydianz
11-21-2016, 05:31 AM
What if those pet 200% speed stacked with 200% speed set damn 400% speed

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 05:47 AM
u should reduce a speed from 200 to 100% because speed sets will be much cheaper, ik mountains would be useless on maps but still 200% speed means 200% speed

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 06:34 AM
Since everyone disliked 200% I lowered it to 150% :)

Mounting should feel fast and fun to use. ^-^

Vvildfire
11-21-2016, 07:28 AM
u should reduce a speed from 200 to 100% because speed sets will be much cheaper, ik mountains would be useless on maps but still 200% speed means 200% speed

100% speed is the normal speed! xD

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 07:38 AM
100% speed is the normal speed! xD
glad somebody got my jokeXD

Back
11-21-2016, 08:40 AM
Since everyone disliked 200% I lowered it to 150% :)

Mounting should feel fast and fun to use. ^-^
200% is fine if it's a werewolf pet or a pet with speed bonus, like whim, sorch etc.

Nice work but I think this will require a lot more powerful client than the one we have now (I might be wrong here). I'd like to see it implemented.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 08:59 AM
I don't think it'd need a more powerful client. If they could implement an entire housing system they can implement our toons riding on preexisting pets with like a handful of new animations for special mounts.

Intous
11-21-2016, 09:18 AM
This idea is imperfect and those special saddles such as brothers Whim will be buggy af since they don't move in a single row moreover it would take an extremely lot of work and might generate fps issues ( the game freezes for a second when someone joins a map, who knows what will happen when maridos turns into a genie and you ride on top of it), and it'll give an unwanted advantage to players rendering the speed set more useless.

Epw
11-21-2016, 09:27 AM
200% speed is a unique advantage for speed set users. Giving everyone pretty much a free speed set is absurd.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say the same, thank you God that im not the only one with this opinion!

Epw
11-21-2016, 09:29 AM
What if those pet 200% speed stacked with 200% speed set damn 400% speed

Sent from my ASUS_Z00VD using Tapatalk

Then Youll need to fasten your seatbelts..

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 09:30 AM
How would animating brothers pets in a row/side by side be buggy? When unmounted they would just transform back to side by side. Same as Maridos. If anything with FPS issues they could just lower the movement speed to be more forgiving to the FPS, or upxate the client like they do with all the other big system releases.

The Speed Set wouldn't become instantly useless because Speed Set still grants 200% movespeed permanently. Whereas taking damage/using skills unmounts you.

Plus when the newer gear/stronger maps are released the speed set will become obsolete anyway.

Roninmoro
11-21-2016, 11:43 AM
While this is a cool idea, it's in the entirely wrong subforum if you want the devs to see it- they will probably not see it here. Once you have one solid suggestion, remember to post it in the feedback/suggestion forum.

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Oops lol, could you please move it Roninmoro.

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 01:09 PM
what about not turning our pets into mounts (it would take a year, it isnt so easy because it... it is just hard and i know that because stg would have problems with genders) so my idea is generally to add mounts BUT as u wrote mounts can be allowed in cities, guildhall etc but not in maps with mobs or pvp
and mounts shouldnt be easy to get, too many mounts can make my phone laggy :/
so here we go...
9 mounts, 3 for 300 plats 3 for 500 3 for 800
last mounts shouldnt be tradeable
3 mounts that fly (dragons) and 6 that are walking or running
classes has their own mounts so 3 per each class, and 1 dragon per each class
9 mounts wouldnt be so hard to do for sts i think n it wouls be much easier than turning all pets into mounts

resurrected
11-21-2016, 01:10 PM
what about not turning our pets into mounts (it would take a year, it isnt so easy because it... it is just hard and i know that because stg would have problems with genders) so my idea is generally to add mounts BUT as u wrote mounts can be allowed in cities, guildhall etc but not in maps with mobs or pvp
so here we go...
9 mounts would be so hard to do for sts i think n it wouls be much easier than turning all pets into mounts

If we can fly i want rendtail as pet!

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 01:13 PM
If we can fly i want rendtail as pet!
*.* this pet should give us title "lord of rendtail" :D

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 01:28 PM
so here we go...
9 mounts wouldnt be so hard to do for sts i think n it wouls be much easier than turning all pets into mounts

Turning pets into mounts would be way easier for StS to implement than genders since mounts are already using pre-existing assets in the game rather than creating thousands of new items for aesthetic purposes only. I dare say it would be even easier for them to inplement because mounts wouldn't be nearly as big as their house system. Also how would you know know mounts would make your phone laggy if they aren't even in the game yet. XD

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Turning pets into mounts would be way easier for StS to implement than genders since mounts are already using pre-existing assets in the game rather than creating thousands of new items for aesthetic purposes only. I dare say it would be even easier for them to inplement because mounts wouldn't be nearly as big as their house system. Also how would you know know mounts would make your phone laggy if they aren't even in the game yet. XD
ma phone is lagging without mounts in some cities

Legallyblonde
11-21-2016, 01:30 PM

That's just your phone though. .-.

Meowtho
11-21-2016, 01:32 PM
yes thats just my phone with 2gb ram, there are also many players with similar phone and even worse, i would like to keep my game smooth

Lolifee
11-21-2016, 01:36 PM
i'd love it :)

resurrected
11-21-2016, 01:49 PM

yes thats just my phone with 2gb ram, there are also many players with similar phone and even worse, i would like to keep my game smooth

That's not really phone in most of cases. I have 1.35 GB ram in total. 500/600 of it is taken. While playing AL, chatting in line and whatsapp and listening music i have 1GB taken. I also can open mobizen and record during this all and still i won't lag even when i farm jewels or spam lava pools lol. If i lag then i know it's really server issue. I use samsung galaxy s3 neo. I'm in Belgium. If its server per country or so then I know there is very very very small amount of players that are playing here.

Schnitzel
11-21-2016, 03:29 PM

Do you have any apps running in the background?
Is it a framerate lag? (menu > settings > 2nd tab setting > fps/battery slider, check)

Normal Mount Pets
All Deers
All Reindeers
All Boars
All Unicorns
All Bears
All Dodos
All Wolves
All Demon Dogs
All Dragon Whelps
Stampy/Golden Stampy

Stampy is classified as a walking potato

Intous
11-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Do you have any apps running in the background?
Is it a framerate lag? (menu > settings > 2nd tab setting > fps/battery slider, check)

Stampy is classified as a walking potato

Lmao you made my day hahahahhahahaha

moeztape
11-22-2016, 08:57 AM
My idea haha [emoji14] :banana:

Sent from my ASUS_Z007 using Tapatalk

Sherenah
11-22-2016, 12:13 PM
How u wanna ride sns xD or lemon and lime...?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
11-24-2016, 10:14 AM
The idea is awesome but.. arcane legends pets isn't designed to be ridden you rather have to increase there sizes or make a refresh designs on each or specific pets, plus mounts aren't a necessity since AL is not a open world type of rpg so this idea might be suited for other games.

Kenzou
11-24-2016, 11:58 PM
How u wanna ride sns xD or lemon and lime...?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Like this xD

ilhanna
11-25-2016, 12:35 AM
LOL this reminds me of this prank I pulled on one of my guildies on Line chat about a year ago. I told him update was about crate lootable saddle that allows players to mount their pets and which, depending on the pet's rarity, will give the player between 5% (for common pet) - 25% (for arcane) movement speed. He bought it, got psyched about riding his Dovabear, then went into a major sulk when I told him I was joking.

Sandeeep
12-08-2016, 09:15 AM
slight changes??/

- 25%(rare) - 50% (arcane) speed not too much,
( no op speed, unfair)

- cannot be used in pvp at all,
(no helping pvp sts made balanced finally) (dont get pvp players angry again)

- u will no dis-mount if u recieve hits, u can use pots
- u will dismount if u die, use skill, use basic attack
- pets cannot attack in this state
(reason: in maps u die and respawn at start but wanna run to teammates fast).

special saddles,
dual pets
sns, whim, squirril sns,

u sit in a chariot when they pull u

birds
unmountable, poor birdies

ghost
(urs will look weird if they dont move)
change : flying on a cloud, like the carpet..... death takes u to heaven of hell on a cloud thus teh concept,

sharks
(they already have a weird ability to swim in the ground)
change: like chariot u get a boat, weird ability to float on ground like those pets

dodos, wolves, fairies, golem
(imagine a tank riding a dodo, poor birdie)
change: chariot.
try not to make too many diff animations for devs its hard to make animations to all those pets and new incoming ones,

heck if its too hard for u devs, make all pets pull us in a chariot... u can use chariot vanitys... instead of making soo many animations. all pets pulling us using chariots. (game is set in mediviel times anyways) boat and carpet for sharks and mari or not ur choice
+1 to idea.

Salmonious
12-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Good idea, unrealistic stats.

shadowronn
12-18-2016, 12:45 AM
i might not know but i think okay just think that you missed out on nekro

Fareezad
02-06-2017, 05:07 AM
Just like other MMO RPG,you can mount & merge with pets.But AL is MMO RPG Dungeon style

nightmaresmoke
02-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Just like other MMO RPG,you can mount & merge with pets.But AL is MMO RPG Dungeon style
Exactly AL is not an open world type of rpg so no point in mount pets in AL, unless STS makes a new game based on AL lore but with open world type like WoW.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Musclelimit
12-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Sts would.never add mounts :p