PDA

View Full Version : Hp or Armor ??

Errorrz
11-21-2016, 06:28 AM
Can anyone teach me about hp and armor ? I dont know which i should choose for my mage . Im doing pve and pvp .

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
11-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Hey, I'm sorry I can't quote, but I remember a dev saying that at lower levels armor is more worthwhile than HP, and it's the other way round at endgame. Would be nice if someone would confirm this (or confirm that it's the other way round) :)

Befs
11-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Hey, I'm sorry I can't quote, but I remember a dev saying that at lower levels armor is more worthwhile than HP, and it's the other way round at endgame. Would be nice if someone would confirm this (or confirm that it's the other way round) :)

I think this is because armor can be debuffed while hp cannot. A 50% armor debuff on 100 armor is a lot less than on 4,000 armor.

Luciano Lobo
11-21-2016, 09:40 AM
I would also like to know the real truth about it and have a better perspective. Thoughts anyone? Tbh I have experienced a better protection with high armor always. You will feel the durability when playing specially on harder maps like the ones on the expansion. Although like in others scenearios like PvP I'm not so sure if this applies.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Errorrz
11-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Up ! Still need a good answer to make me and other know which is good . Maybe for warr , armor is the choice . Im a blue smurf that dont know which i should choose .

Ferision
11-21-2016, 11:02 AM
In levels 57+, rogues and mages have around 3k armor and wars have around 6k armor. Vroom states in ChatBox a few days ago that health becomes better than armor at end game. Because all three classes already have enough armor at endgame, Diamond jewels won't make a noticeable difference. I'd also like to note that Health on all classes have stayed relatively the same after level 56, while armor has nearly doubled after level 56.

Att
11-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Effectiveness of armor decreases with increasing amount not 100% sure need dev confirm.

Ninthplague
11-21-2016, 01:20 PM
If you are a sorc or rogue, better choose hp

Fsuryo
11-21-2016, 10:53 PM
If you are a sorc or rogue, better choose hp
I'm still trying to reach 4k armor (with sumberholt rank buff) on my mage, stuck at 3808 with no diamond or gem applied. And i dont think to put them too at my slot. Can someone give me a tips?
Already sloted MM egg. Wondering using a Warfare (armor/helm) but lose a bit of healt.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Ceuidear
11-21-2016, 11:14 PM
I'm still trying to reach 4k armor (with sumberholt rank buff) on my mage, stuck at 3808 with no diamond or gem applied. And i dont think to put them too at my slot. Can someone give me a tips?
Already sloted MM egg. Wondering using a Warfare (armor/helm) but lose a bit of healt.

Use assault armor/helm for better HP

Luciano Lobo
11-22-2016, 12:11 AM
If armor jewels are useless on end game whats the point of having a high tier diamond jewel? If you want more HP just put fury jewels to your gear. They are also good for the sorcercer class increasing their arcane shield damage absorption.

Cinder.
11-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Up ! Still need a good answer to make me and other know which is good . Maybe for warr , armor is the choice . Im a blue smurf that dont know which i should choose .

why dont u test it out yourself? Add full nature on one set of armor and full diamond on another set, see which one gives u an easier time

Errorrz
11-22-2016, 12:28 AM
If armor jewels are useless on end game whats the point of having a high tier diamond jewel? If you want more HP just put fury jewels to your gear. They are also good for the sorcercer class increasing their arcane shield damage absorption.

I dont say armor is useless , I just say which i should choose for my mage . That mean , which better for mage . Pls read carefully

why dont u test it out yourself? Add full nature on one set of armor and full diamond on another set, see which one gives u an easier time
Not need to test if someone at forum already test it . I just wait for the answer . Btw Im already found a good answer for now .

Cinder.
11-22-2016, 12:34 AM
I dont say armor is useless , I just say which i should choose for my mage . That mean , which better for mage . Pls read carefully

Not need to test if someone at forum already test it . I just wait for the answer . Btw Im already found a good answer for now .

I see, if that works for you then its cool, guess this game is for casual players anyways

Fsuryo
11-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Assault? Hp? Btw i ask about increasing armor. An assault equipment increase hp? I think they are belong to dmg. Thanks for the feedback.

creeepycreeepy
11-22-2016, 09:08 PM
Assault for mage is for damage. It lowers hp from brutality armors about 500.

Ninthplague
11-23-2016, 06:52 AM
Better use Warfare versions of helm and armor, gives u good dmg and armor, and is cheaper than Brutality versions

Minisalami
11-23-2016, 07:40 AM
Fully buffed, proc'ed, warfare'd and pet'ted i have around 10k HP and 8600 Armor.
And i still get one-hitted by undead mages in maus 3 and 4.
Now decide yourself :-)

eelectriccure
11-23-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't fully understand how armor works it is some sort of ratio in which 2 armor will reduce hp loss by 1 or vice versa (maybe even different numbers?). However the main thing i consider when I decide what I need is what type of enemies I am fighting against. Poison damage (and maybe curse as well if I remember correctly) ignores armor and does direct damage to your hp.

Zaizor
11-23-2016, 01:05 PM
About a year ago there was a great guide on this forum about armor and health, and for the life of me I can't find it... But I did find this response in my digging:

Without going into too much detail, the general concept of armor in Arcane Legends is the more you have the better your damage reduction is. A very simplistic example would be something like if you had 0 armor and a level 12 mob hits you for 100 damage, you take 100 damage. If you have 341 armor in this scenario, behind the scenes we determine for your level that 341 armor is roughly 22% damage reduction, and thus you would take 78 instead. There are many other variables involved, but that's the general idea. As a warrior tank, you probably want a lot of armor :)

I feel compelled to mention these numbers are fabricated for the sake of pointing out the general idea of how armor works in Arcane, and has no bearing on our actual calculations.

any items or pet passives/bonuses that "reduce damage by x%" effectively work as an addition to the algorithm. If given the amount of armor you have you have say, 37% damage reduction (behind the scenes mind you) that extra 2% damage reduction applies directly to that number, giving you a 39% damage reduction. It's a huge stat, because it's circumventing the normal armor associated algorithms that determine armor value based on things like level, level differences and the like and sticks it straight on. Damage reduction is a very powerful stat. The power of it this stat is why the damage reduction stats were reduced across the board for pets because they were incredibly overpowered with the revamp.

Here's a post from MonkeySphere on more specifics about armor

Quote Originally Posted by monkeySphere
Armor works like this:

Armor Value * (Armor Modifier by level of attack mob) = Damage Reduction

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

Warrior with 980 armor at level 21 vs. Sorcerer with 500 armor at level 21.

Warrior DR w/out passive - 980*.00047619 (attacking mobs modifier) = 46.6% DR
Sorcerer DR w/out passive - 500*.00047619 = 23.8% DR

Warrior DR w 4/5 passive - (980*1.04)*.00047619 = 48.5% DR
Sorcerer DR w 4/5 passive - (500*1.04)*.00047619 = 24.7% DR

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time.

Zaizor
11-23-2016, 01:09 PM
And if you REALLY want to get into the nitty gritty, I also found this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?212529-Full-Armor-amp-Damage-Reduction-Analysis

Zaizor
11-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Found it! Zylx posted it back in July! All of these so̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

Edit: Duh, all of my searching and it already is a guide and in the AL Player Guides... Occam's Razor cuts me again...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?346477-Guide-Armor-Valuation

Errorrz
11-24-2016, 01:08 AM
Found it! Zylx posted it back in July! All of these so̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

Edit: Duh, all of my searching and it already is a guide and in the AL Player Guides... Occam's Razor cuts me again...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?346477-Guide-Armor-Valuation
Thanks zaizor !

Fsuryo
11-24-2016, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the constructive quote and feedback, very usefull!