PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to help the PL community? Read this.

Whirlzap
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Edited

Draco Mikato
09-26-2011, 10:03 PM
They are, they once said they have toons they play with that they haven't publicly mentioned

Charmstrange
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
hahahaha this is so funny
I also wondered, if CS was a business, how much money does it make? We all pay a lot for those listing fees.... Anti-trust suit anyone? lol
But right now, every time we list in cs, we take money out of circulation! This means we may have to adopt a 25/7 or 24/8 schedule, at least in the near term, to accomplish your stated goals...

WoundedEagle
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't quite understand.
Example:
Whirlz received Applesauce of the Health.
Wounded: Hey dude. How much is it liquidation amount?
Whirlz: 10k
Wounded: Well liquidate it!
*Whirlz liquidates and now has 10k*
Wounded receieved Chicken of the Pot Pie
Whirlz: Bro, I am starving can I buy that?
Wounded: 10k mang
Whirlz: FINE! GIVE IT UP!
*Makes trade and Wounded has gold while Whirlz has item.*

The point is, this is happening in not just one situation, but many from the beginning of time.
Catch my drift? Or am I confused.

RedRyder
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Gold didn't start pumping in or at least the large amounts hadn't surfaced, until lone bought over $1k worth of gold. This happened near the release of the first pink and purple helmets. There was no plasma pyramid, and gold never dropped like that, since this was around when swamps came out.

morfic
09-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. But I am willing to bet a larger % came from buying gold with platinum than .01. If it puts anything in perspective..

During Star Legends beta, as you know, we were getting 1-3 credits from liquidating items. At the end of the beta period, I am willing to bet that no one person had more than 20,000 credits from legitimate farming. However, as soon as the first vanity was found...50,000 was offered for it. Then the next day, they were selling for 75,000. Then the next day, around 100,000. Seriously, everyday the price jumped up to something ridiculous. Platinum bought credits overloaded the system. Then from there, people began to get rich off selling items for a ridiculous amount because so many credits were flooded into the economy.

As for Pocket Legends, I am willing to bet something similar happens, but each liquidation gives more gold here, so not nearly as much. I would still guess that a much larger percentage is from platinum. Even if only .1%.

However, you are absolutely correct and I like the idea. If everyone came together on this, enough gold could potentially be injected into the economy to eliminate as much platinum purchases of gold. (Which only harms the economy).

+1 to this idea.

stevieoopsie
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
The only result of that will be inflation. As long as the total amount of gold in the economy is backed by the same amount of assets, there is no real growth.

The fastest printing machine in the world is Zimbabwe. In Zimbabwe everyone is a trillionaire. Doesn't mean they are richer than we are.

WoundedEagle
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I wonder what would happen if I just maxes my potions and bought random things to get rid of all my gold. I wish it was like SL economy lol.

darkfussion
09-27-2011, 12:38 AM
I wanna say 25-30% of gold in game was bought with plat

Riccits
09-27-2011, 01:15 AM
No, this is not about events. It's about what's been going on inside of my head.
So as a merchant/farmer I wonder, I sell drops to people for gold, and that gold comes from selling drops too, but where did all the gold first come from?
Farming. And I thought deeper. There's an estimated 3-4billion gold on PL. 99.9% of that gold came from farming and liquidating. And the 0.01%? Platinum buying gold.
The gold will simply keep circulating. For me, I have made only 1% of my total gold from running dungeons and selling trash drops. That 1% is not enough!
We need to keep farming DIRECT GOLD. Let's put more gold into that circulating system! And make people more richer! Let's do 24/7 farming of Plasma Pyramid.
Another topic I once thought of was, why? Why did it take a year to farm 3-4 billion gold?
It can be looked as too long of a time or too short.
And so I wonder, have the developers been here?
Have they made actual toons early in the game and injected gold from the toons(developer-made gold) into the CS/game to speed things up?
Do you think...the developers were ONCE AMONG US??))

sorry but we should NOT keep on farming direct gold! the prices of items will increase and increase! the sewer sets costed around 2-3mil. now the new sets kost 5-7mil (not want to speak about the craftet ones..) the lvl 65 set will kost 10-15mil??

PL needs a big gold sink! the direction from Sewers was right IMO. It was a big gold sink. Nuri is the opposite...

here the whiner of today:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38034-Prices-are-getting-ridiculously-high

so plz gold sink!

Darkfader
09-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Help community by speeding death of pocket legends economy. Let me think...... Nty. :]

Corpser
09-27-2011, 05:29 AM
players quit everyday nearly you lose there gold to unless they pass it on :{

JaytB
09-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Just wondering, where did you get that estimated amount of gold from??