View Full Version : Numa Raceway CONTEST RESULTS!

Ebalere
09-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Well, it was insanely hard to track down everyone, and even though I missed a few people over the weekend and today, I feel that overall this contest was a huge success and I plan on doing more like it in the future. I will post below, all the heat times of all who participated in order of fastest to slowest.

Many thanks to KillaIngs who was my very clear and consistent start caller throughout the games, and to Cappinclutch for his help repeatedly clearing new maps to race on. Thank you to everyone else who helped or offered to pitch in along the way, and the many donators who helped sweeten the pot and allow a fourth place to earn a prize as well. Also, big thanks to Samhayne in his cooperation in posting this event on facebook as well as adding to the grand prize.

And the finalists are:

1. Nighttrooper, with a blazingly fast time of 52.96 seconds
2. Xbozz, with an awesome run of 55.22 seconds
3. Yareli, with another awesome run of 56.06 seconds.

4. The winner of the 25k honorable mention is ProSophist, with a time of 56.22 seconds

Grats guys, and good luck in the finals to the top three. and now the rest of the times. thanks to everyone who tried, it wasn't an easy map to race on, with all the oil slicks and wrong turns, but I hope everyone had fun either way. here they are.

Imnumberone 56.65
Abekrie 59.70
masterex 1:00.75
Hiotalith 1:01.12
Maabelebas 1:01.12
Cappinclutch 1:01.98
Gizmo 1:05.11
Trixietoo 1:05.36
Cheah 1:05.75
Meows 1:07.52
Silent 1:12.49
Bodmasta 1:14.67
Majik 1:15.40
Booya 1:15.68
Bussinessmanx 1:17.37
Matutd 1:17.47
Mitsusen 1:19.05
THC 1:19.75
Supaprodigy 1:29.42
--------DNF-------
Cascade
Zbooo
Weeegeee
Toxicenigma
Myst
Tanggo
Meowz
Lowlyspy
Onemanswagger
Royalcommando
Bigblackdude

Top three finalists are to post times they can be availaible this week.. hopefully we can all meet up at a reasonable time to finish this up. The race will be held on the same map, but I will wait on it till the orbs disappear (they are confirmed to disappear after about 30-45 mins) so we can have a fair race. take note, it will also be a there-and-back race, with the finish line being the same place you start. Good Luck!

ProSophist
09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh my.. I lost by 18 milliseconds :(
I really wanted that forum title!

Oh well.. At least I won something. :)

GJ Eb on hosting this unique and amazing contest.
Good luck to the finalists!

Ebalere
09-26-2011, 11:36 PM
It's too bad between my stopwatch click, everyone's latency, and the way the wind was blowing could take up 18 milliseconds.. but hey, that works both ways, grats Pro, I'll throw ya that prize money next time i see you.

Edit: with that said, the finalists were considerably faster than the rest, so I believe the race still was fairly conducted., This was a worry of mine but now that I think about it, it worked out just perfect.

ProSophist
09-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Well I don't really mind it that much.

Afterall, I joined for the fun of it. :)

pigeon
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
gj on the contest eb!
Grats pro!
And Grats to the finalists!

Nightarcher
09-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Woot! Fastronaut you are within my grasp ;)

Thank you Ebalere for hosting and organizing this event, it was one of the most unique I've seen!

Ebalere
09-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Woot! Fastronaut you are within my grasp ;)

Thank you Ebalere for hosting and organizing this event, it was one of the most unique I've seen!

Thankss for entering, Night, You are one quick commando!

Lillypink
09-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Wow gratz to the finalists and wow most of the ppl I know is on dnf side wow

Yareli
09-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Woot this was so much fun :) And i i thought i was going so slow lol

Thank you for hosting this event, i have school Tuesdays and Thursdays but I'm mainly free.

The other two finalists should post what time is good for them and it will most likely be good for me too.

Btw I'm pacific time

Ebalere
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Wow gratz to the finalists and wow most of the ppl I know is on dnf side wow

Yeah lol it was sad to have to cut out a few good friends and such.. next one I will host I hope they try again.

Lowlyspy
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Congrats to everyone for giving it their all. I rlly wished i could have raced but school was not my friend this day, curse you homework! XD

Carth
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Grats to those who participated and to those who placed! Hope you all had fun!

SUPAPRODIGY
09-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Why are commandos faster i dont know how they just are and operatives have no chance imo. Well i sck anyway i had the worst time and it was my first time with no practice i feel baf cause im a cross country runner...

Carth
09-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Why are commandos faster i dont know how they just are and operatives have no chance imo. Well i sck anyway i had the worst time and it was my first time with no practice i feel baf cause im a cross country runner...

Don't feel bad about placing last. Remember, this was just for fun! No one here is going to judge you in a negative way for how you did. :)

Kakatoa91
09-27-2011, 04:09 AM
Nice contest.

Gratz to all who have participate.
And good luck to the finalists.

BodMaster
09-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Well done guys!! And Congratz to Finalists and ProSophist! Awesome!

Was quite surprised thought I had done alot worse than that, killer Ping of Death and a wrong turn.. haha all was fun and will definetly be participating in next run also Donating again as this was worth the excitment and joy of the other contestants!

As previously said in last post, Awesome job to the everyone that played a part on making this an amazingly fun event to be a part of!

Special Thanks to; Eb for producing and KillaIngs for getting all starters ready, and others that helped clear these maps. Alot of time put into this and believe they derserve all the credit for making this possible. :applause:

Ebalere
09-28-2011, 01:48 AM

Don't feel bad bro, some people gave up they got lost so bad, so the fact you didn't give up and posted a time is very cool of you in my books.

I need to run these finals, so lets get online finalists!

BodMaster
09-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Don't feel bad bro, some people gave up they got lost so bad, so the fact you didn't give up and posted a time is very cool of you in my books.

Agree! Great job :)

I need to run these finals, so lets get online finalists!

Good Luck to all finalists :D I will be in the bar in BlackStar rooting for you all, cheering you on all the way! xD

EEEEEEKKK.. lol Hit the same.. 666 :O

CanonicalKoi
09-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Wow! Awesome times all the way down the line--give me five minutes, a guide-dog and a map and I might be able to find my way through. :D Congrats, ProSophist! And congrats to the finalists! Most importantly--anybody get any screenshots of the action?

Great contest, Eb! Looking forward to your next creation. :)

BodMaster
09-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow! Awesome times all the way down the line--give me five minutes, a guide-dog and a map and I might be able to find my way through. :D Congrats, ProSophist! And congrats to the finalists! Most importantly--anybody get any screenshots of the action?

Great contest, Eb! Looking forward to your next creation. :)

Lmao! Haha think there wasnt much time for screenshots unless we had 2 more players in the middle and end of the map taking them, though they may be a little fast for it haha.. next race suggestion maybe? :p

Only screenshot I taken was just to remind me how bad my Ping was on this day.. 900-1360 surprised I had finished it at all :p

P.S. and Canon.. where were you.. :O I was waiting to see you shaking them pom poms! <----------- Reason I didnt win :p (Saying that maybe this would be worse and end up being a distraction ;))

CanonicalKoi
09-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Lmao! Haha think there wasnt much time for screenshots unless we had 2 more players in the middle and end of the map taking them, though they may be a little fast for it haha.. next race suggestion maybe? :p

Only screenshot I taken was just to remind me how bad my Ping was on this day.. 900-1360 surprised I had finished it at all :p

P.S. and Canon.. where were you.. :O I was waiting to see you shaking them pom poms! <----------- Reason I didnt win :p (Saying that maybe this would be worse and end up being a distraction ;))

I've seen you play--you had plenty of time to take screenshots, eat a sammich, solo the Guardian and still put in an awesome time in spite of your ping rate. *shakes fist at the evil ping*

If you ran Saturday during the daytime (my time), well... You would not believe the odd looks you get shaking pom-poms and cheering at a sheep festival. People are so uptight. And sheep are so easily startled. *looks puzzled at people's and sheep's reactions* "What?" I think a couple people liked your name, though, so there may be a ram or two at next year's show--"Bodmasta's Ram of Defiance +3 of Baabaa Farms". :D

Flip
09-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow, you guys are fast! Congratulations!

trixie
09-28-2011, 11:18 AM
If you ran Saturday during the daytime (my time), well... You would not believe the odd looks you get shaking pom-poms and cheering at a sheep festival. People are so uptight. And sheep are so easily startled. *looks puzzled at people's and sheep's reactions* "What?" I think a couple people liked your name, though, so there may be a ram or two at next year's show--"Bodmasta's Ram of Defiance +3 of Baabaa Farms". :D

LMAO at the sheep festival comment! I would have paid to see that!

trixie
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Congrats to all the winners....Great job! Thanks again for putting this together! I really had fun doing it (except when I ran through the oil slick...lol). I hope to participate again next time.

Good luck to all the finalists! Looks like it will be close with those times!

Ebalere
09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately screenshots are out of the question for me, unless someone can take my phone and make it magically do that :( however ,I plan to rig up a camera and take actual footage of the finals and post them here. Should be good fun!

Matutd
09-28-2011, 02:16 PM
This was an awesome contest :) even tho i was close to last i enjoyed myself alot :D thx for the amazing contest :D and u better stick to ur promise that there will be more like this one :p

BodMaster
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately screenshots are out of the question for me, unless someone can take my phone and make it magically do that :( however ,I plan to rig up a camera and take actual footage of the finals and post them here. Should be good fun!

Awesome! Haha will look forward to seeing that :D

I also have a temporary solution to your screenshot problem buddy please read below.

Download Snappz Market on SnappzMarket.com (APK) or now available on normal Market> Download 'ScreenShot It' app > open app.. tells you exactly what to do.. Settings > Applications turn on USB DeBug > go on website it says to download a quick program to enable.. open on PC.. while hooked to phone.. the app on comp will ask you if your phone is a NonRoot or Root you click enable on Non-Root then enjoy..

Either click on app will say take screenshot in 5 secs (modify this if want more or less time) can add it to your task bar.. or shake to screenshot :D

Only down side is that if your phone dies then you lose it (same as app killers) but you literally turn DeBug on then connect wire via USB then open app on comp and press enable.. done! :p

CappinClutch
09-28-2011, 02:57 PM
woot! TOP TEN HAHA!

Nightarcher
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm on Pacific Time, and because I have school I'll probably be available roughly 4-10 PM this week. Roughly.

Ebalere
09-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Tentative time is tomorrow, between 6-10 pm eastern. Let me know what y'all think. This 165k is burning a hole in my pocket LOL

Dylan Woods
10-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Excuse me. anyone know the black pegasuses hoome website adress?

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 02:29 AM
Excuse me. anyone know the black pegasuses hoome website adress?

Check the Black Pegasus Guild thread, if there is one. I'll try find it and pm you.

javier995
10-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Wait is the contest finished? lol

Rittik
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
You know..my avg Ping is 1529....i was too afraid to enter sich event....i would obviously come last....i am so slow due to this bad ping...so eb..i would love to enter some other contest you make...or may be a part of the contest but surely not a conteatant in any race....

Rap2xLim
01-08-2012, 02:28 AM
3 cheers for the dnf guys!!!!!!!hip hip hooray!!!!

Cahaun
01-08-2012, 03:45 AM
3 cheers for the dnf guys!!!!!!!hip hip hooray!!!!
You're a bit late on the post lol. (Thought of a meme lol)

BodMaster
01-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Blast from the past!

Cero
01-08-2012, 06:20 PM
pff, i miss this contest. tsk tsk.

well congrats to all participants

BodMaster
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
16. Bodmasta 1:14.67 (Took a wrong turn ha)

Nuff said... :'(

Kanozaki
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM
16. Bodmasta 1:14.67 (Took a wrong turn ha)

Nuff said... :'(

LOL thats ugh fail lol

kholiwen
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, it was insanely hard to track down everyone, and even though I missed a few people over the weekend and today, I feel that overall this contest was a huge success and I plan on doing more like it in the future. I will post below, all the heat times of all who participated in order of fastest to slowest.

Many thanks to KillaIngs who was my very clear and consistent start caller throughout the games, and to Cappinclutch for his help repeatedly clearing new maps to race on. Thank you to everyone else who helped or offered to pitch in along the way, and the many donators who helped sweeten the pot and allow a fourth place to earn a prize as well. Also, big thanks to Samhayne in his cooperation in posting this event on facebook as well as adding to the grand prize.

And the finalists are:

2. Xbozz, with an awesome run of 55.22 seconds
3. Yareli, with another awesome run of 56.06 seconds.

4. The winner of the 25k honorable mention is ProSophist, with a time of 56.22 seconds

Grats guys, and good luck in the finals to the top three. and now the rest of the times. thanks to everyone who tried, it wasn't an easy map to race on, with all the oil slicks and wrong turns, but I hope everyone had fun either way. here they are.

Imnumberone 56.65
Abekrie 59.70
masterex 1:00.75
Hiotalith 1:01.12
Maabelebas 1:01.12
Cappinclutch 1:01.98
Gizmo 1:05.11
Trixietoo 1:05.36
Cheah 1:05.75
Meows 1:07.52
Silent 1:12.49
Bodmasta 1:14.67
Majik 1:15.40
Booya 1:15.68
Bussinessmanx 1:17.37
Matutd 1:17.47
Mitsusen 1:19.05
THC 1:19.75
Supaprodigy 1:29.42
--------DNF-------
Cascade
Zbooo
Weeegeee
Toxicenigma
Myst
Tanggo
Meowz
Lowlyspy
Onemanswagger
Royalcommando
Bigblackdude

Top three finalists are to post times they can be availaible this week.. hopefully we can all meet up at a reasonable time to finish this up. The race will be held on the same map, but I will wait on it till the orbs disappear (they are confirmed to disappear after about 30-45 mins) so we can have a fair race. take note, it will also be a there-and-back race, with the finish line being the same place you start. Good Luck!

Can anybody tell when was this contest held? And how they compete? Cheers.

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Can anybody tell when was this contest held? And how they compete? Cheers.
before 9/26 (which was the date on the original post). Look through the contest section of the forum for one that you might be able to compete in. Good Luck!

kholiwen
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
before 9/26 (which was the date on the original post). Look through the contest section of the forum for one that you might be able to compete in. Good Luck!

Oh yeah our team is going to compete on this coming contest at Volaria campaign. But I wonder how this Numa Contest back then look like. I tried to look for the contest overview but there's nothing more than just the results. Anyhow, thanks for reply louch!

BodMaster
01-10-2012, 03:27 AM
When i competed, the last level of Numa was cleared, left a few mob on the sides (disqualified if you killed them, though they were nowhere in the way). Eb who stood at the finish line took the time with a stop watch, and Killa positioned me in the right place to start off.

The objective was to use the 'yellow boosts' to get the quickest time possible.

The three with the quickest times (out of everyone that participated) went head to head against each other and winners were determined by how quick they could do it backwards :)

Very fun competition! Best I've participated in. If it wassnt for my lag/ping and a wrong turn (lol) I may have got a little further, though still doubt id take 1-3 spots amazingly fast!

kholiwen
01-10-2012, 05:48 AM
When i competed, the last level of Numa was cleared, left a few mob on the sides (disqualified if you killed them, though they were nowhere in the way). Eb who stood at the finish line took the time with a stop watch, and Killa positioned me in the right place to start off.

The objective was to use the 'yellow boosts' to get the quickest time possible.

The three with the quickest times (out of everyone that participated) went head to head against each other and winners were determined by how quick they could do it backwards :)

Very fun competition! Best I've participated in. If it wassnt for my lag/ping and a wrong turn (lol) I may have got a little further, though still doubt id take 1-3 spots amazingly fast!

Wow, thats absolutely fun contest! Wish i was there and have fun together with others back then. :'(
Thanks to clarifying bodd!! :-D

BodMaster
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
No problem buddy, glad to see you posting a little more here ;)