PDA

View Full Version : Naming your Guild? This might help.

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 11:59 AM
First, if you're looking to join a guild, this isn't the post for you. Head over to Cascade's guide to guilds here. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30765-Guilds-Of-Star-Legends-The-BlackStar-Chronicles) Cascade has all the info on the guilds active here on the forums--membership numbers, names of Guild Masters and useful stuff like that. He also updates it as new info comes in, so if you're shopping for a guild, Cascade's your man with the info.

Second, if you're looking for some guidance in creating a guild, this also isn't the place for you. Where you want to go is Octavos' thread on being a successful Guild Master and that's over here. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37996-A-Guide-to-be-Successful-Guild-Master-of-Star-legends-(version-1.0)) The guide is a work in progress, but there's already a bunch of helpful info, so if you're wanting to be a Guild Tycoon, that's where you need to go.

So, why is this post here since it won't help you find a guild or build your own, what good is it? That's a fine question that I'm not sure has an answer, but I'll give it a shot. Here you are, a prospective Guild Master. You've saved your credits or you've got some plat jingling in your pockets. You saunter up to the Guild Management system, pick the guild hall of your dreams and then it happens. It asks you to enter a name. The seconds tick by as the cursor blinks at you impatiently and you can't think of a name. Or you think of one and it's taken. Or, in your haste, you misspell something. Or you find out later that the one you chose is very similar to another guild and now confusion runs riot in the streets. All this post contains is a link to a list of all the guild names I've seen in game. Don't laugh; I'm 4 short of 500 so far (who knew?). Take a little time before you go to create your guild, look the list over and give a little thought to the name you want. Remember, it's going to appear under your name every time someone looks at your avatar or, if someone has the "show full guild names" box ticked, it'll be haunting your every move in game under your name. Be creative, be innovative, keep it clean and make a name you and your guildmates will be proud to display. (It also doesn't hurt if it's one that looks styling in a sig line graphic.)

List of Guild Names (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uYm8_jPHivnR6UA1T7-_1A5G1H8pidyjplgTywhVnIs/edit?hl=en_US)

Please bear in mind this isn't a complete list of every guild in the game, only the ones I've observed. My apologies in advance if you pick a name not on the list and it turns out to be taken. Because of that possibility, work out 2 or 3 names before you go a-building that guild. Also, the spellings/word groupings are as I've seen 'em--don't blame me for misspellings. On a purely personal note: my vote for Most Clever Guild Name so far has to go to "Full Frontal Nubity". Well-played, ladies and/or gentlemen, well-played. :)

BodMaster
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Can't really add much to that.. Awesome work and idea!

See alot of confusion going on re. this will help alot, esp similar names also not thinking up a name before taking a dive as a GM and then regretting it. :D

Only down side (not really a bad one though) is if people use this to name their Guild something quite similar but with our community im sure this will only inspire them to pick an uber name with this as inspiration :D

octavos
09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
+1 Soon ill add your link to my thread...nice :) good job.

Ps. My other guild is called KOTOR

IBNobody
09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm going to give you a gentle razzing... You left out "Star Guard". :P

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Thank you, kind sirs. *looks for something to throw..."gently"...at IBN.* Smart aleck. ;) ETA: I can't. I haven't seen that guild in game yet. :p