PDA

View Full Version : thinking about quitting

Barrington
09-27-2011, 12:50 PM
well like the title says im thinking about quitting :grey:

i try to post 1 comment and i get accused by a "G.O.A." of calling someone a fake and a liar
all i did was ask where a picture was from

it would be sad to leave but i think i need to get away from the constant abuse

just think about something before you type it you could lead someone to quit
*end depressed post *:blue:

StompArtist
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Meh. Cheer up and move on. Ignore criticism if not constructive and focus on having fun (that's what playing games is all about!).

Now go kill you some mimes!

TANKKAAR
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Stomp is right, Its just a game...lol. just because some people take the game to seriously doesnt mean you should :) and GOAs are only humans.... what they say (if not quoting rules) is typically just an opinion and everyone will have different opinions, its just a fact of life. I say get up brush yourself off and move on with you life & game...lol

also read this ... it will help i promise!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37676-Keys-to-Surviving-the-Forum&highlight=forums

Navygreen
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Everywhere you go there'll be someone you dont get along with and someone who might not get along with you. Take that for what it's worth. Good luck. :)

Hankomachos
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
^ all good advice.
Also, haterz gonna hate... that's why we learn to love thy hater. Don't quit over one incident. :)

Redbridge
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey Barrington,

I re-read said posts and I didn't see anything wrong with what you said? It was only a question. If people want to take things the wrong way let them.

No-one else seemed to mind and to be fair communication via text can be taken in so many different ways it's difficult to know what was meant, perceived, etc, etc....with any post or similar...

Move on buddy and put it behind ya, but don't quit... A break is as good as a rest.....

Barrington
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
thanks for the support guys, i'll be on less but still here

Navygreen
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
And plus you just made those cool new signatures!

MimeRifle
09-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Now go kill you some mimes!

The right tool for the job...

JaytB
09-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I dug through you posts, and honestly, I think you're taking said post way too serious. And I'm not saying that because he's a friend, I'm saying that because I honestly think you're overracting just a tiny little bit. And I mean that in the friendliest way possible :)

StompArtist
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
I dug through you posts, and honestly, I think you're taking said post way too serious. And I'm not saying that because he's a friend, I'm saying that because I honestly think you're overracting just a tiny little bit. And I mean that in the friendliest way possible :)

Apparently some folks take things said by GOA a tad more serious than statements made from other folks. Kind of funny since I was made GOA and I am a complete noob. lol Folks GOAs are other players just like you and if they disagree with you it really doesn't matter. :)

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 06:09 PM
The biggest problem with written communication is you can't hear the "tone of voice" the person is using. If I type, "What do you mean by that?", do you "hear" it as accusatory-gritted-teeth-and-narrowed-eyes or wide-eyed-innocence-with-a-slightly-embarrassed-look-for-feeling-foolish-for-asking? The tone you hear in your head isn't necessarily what you would have heard if you could hear the other person speak the words.

Having read the thread, I mainly come away once again aghast at Stomp's squirrel fixation. :)

Growwle
09-27-2011, 06:12 PM

i try to post 1 comment and i get accused by a "G.O.A." of calling someone a fake and a liar

Toughen up and learn to ignore the BS.

Nick41324
09-27-2011, 06:16 PM

If u like the game enough, u shouldnt let those Players push u around. Click that ignore button and forget about them ;)

Hankomachos
09-27-2011, 06:18 PM

If u like the game enough, u shouldnt let those Players push u around. Click that ignore button and forget about them ;)

That makes the most sense evar.

Win. :D

SuperNas
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
What's GOA?

Zaltiar
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Let me tell you this. It sucks to hear you might be leaving because of this one silly reason.
Who cares if he/she said whatever! if you enjoy the game, dont let what others say stop you from playing it! there are your friends who will still be there no matter what. If you know you're right, why turn around and leave? Not worth it imo.
hope you change your mind somehow :)

Navygreen
09-27-2011, 06:38 PM
What's GOA?

Guardian of Alterra

Check this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!). :)

SuperNas
09-27-2011, 06:49 PM
What's GOA?

Guardian of Alterra

Check this thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!). :)

Oh yeah I read they have something like that in al too

Barrington
09-28-2011, 02:02 AM
its personal stuff too not just ingame