PDA

View Full Version : I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 04:05 PM
So we need 300 tokens, requirements to just open the new stuff like dailies and community goals then on top of all that ranks .....this is just too much for the casual player who has a job and a social life please look into this at least remove the proofs and badges and just go by rank as we already need hundreds of tokens to buy anything worth buying but to open the next set of floors after this one will take 600 coins that's 600 runs of gy or like 350 runs of maus just to go to another floor ....it's grown boring and tedious to me please do something

blazerdd
11-28-2016, 04:27 PM
I'm sitting at a whopping 1500 points, along with my stockpile of 20 coins so far in this expansion. I am a casual player and do not wish to spend all of my free time, which is maybe ~30 mins a day, running a map that lets me get to another map after everything is worthless. Kudos to the extreme gamers who have already "completed" the expansion, but that might be .2% of the community.

I dont think this is the best way to go about an expansion, especially being a game for mobile devices, but hey - you live and learn. Hopefully the team will receive the feedback they are getting with an open mind, and tweak it for the future.

Perceval
11-28-2016, 04:28 PM
The 5,000 purchasable points for 100 tokens at lightbearer rank was a good way to help casual players out without totally undermining hardcore player work, but now it requires elite lightbearer rank so its meh.

Legallyblonde
11-28-2016, 04:28 PM
same i hate this expansion, literally we need a daily for 1,000 rank points. And more dailies for more coins. All I want is the mythic bow but idek if its worth all this grinding.

Also I'm not asking for StS to be "giving us tiers" or whatever. It should just be easier bc imo all this grinding is wack a f.

blazerdd
11-28-2016, 04:29 PM
The 5,000 purchasable points for 100 tokens at lightbearer rank was a good way to help casual players out without totally undermining hardcore player work, but now it requires elite lightbearer rank so its meh.

From what I've heard, isnt it only stashable? Not tradeable?

Eagleye
11-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Yea I agree. Im sitting just under 50k points and pretty much done for now. Imo this became very tedious very quickly with little to no reward without acquiring thousands of tokens which really cant be used for the new mythics until the next stage anyways.. The occasional pink drops and slim chance at symia isnt enough to keep my spark lit. I also think that having identical maps regardless of the alternating hallways and paths doesn't help much either. Visually it just feels like im playing the same map over and ovEr and over, be it graveyard or mauseleum the scerenry has gotten old.

Terminhater
11-28-2016, 06:20 PM
I actually like this expansion, no hate. Ok except those darn curse mages.

Oh and....MY FINGERS!!!! THE PAIN, THE PAIN!

STS, I blame you for cripple-itus on my fingers. I can't even pick my nose without poking my eye out nowadays!

Carapace
11-28-2016, 06:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with taking your time through this expansion. Sometimes in our current world of immediate gratification, we forget that there can be value in long term goals. This expansion is designed to be a marathon and not a sprint, and while we totally don't expect to please everyone we do feel it works best for the game.

Feedback is always welcome, as this content was actually created in response to overwhelming feedback saying that things are too easy to unlock and that they are bored with the expansion within a week. It's a little give and take, and by no means do we expect to hit the nail on the head when we try new ideas. There are certainly adjustments we will make moving into future expansions that we have learned from this one.

Melthyz
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Thank you all for all the wonderful feedback no lets hope we'll get some action from da devs.

Those token kits r to fast track alts not the casual players as they r non tradable. I have received many complaints from various players on how tedious n boring this expansion is.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Terminhater
11-28-2016, 06:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with taking your time through this expansion. Sometimes in our current world of immediate gratification, we forget that there can be value in long term goals. This expansion is designed to be a marathon and not a sprint, and while we totally don't expect to please everyone we do feel it works best for the game.

Feedback is always welcome, as this content was actually created in response to overwhelming feedback saying that things are too easy to unlock and that they are bored with the expansion within a week. It's a little give and take, and by no means do we expect to hit the nail on the head when we try new ideas. There are certainly adjustments we will make moving into future expansions that we have learned from this one.

Sporadic mini events related to expansion where we can accumulate additional points/tokens and have the ability to spend such on shiny shiny (ankhs, vanities, pets etc..). That would make an expansion like this 10/10.

Anyona
11-28-2016, 06:48 PM
The key is to run with the community goal, rather than racing to elite lightbearer.

Support Shared Pet Stable Please! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?121727-Suggestion-Combined-pet-stable)

Legallyblonde
11-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Mini events for more points sounds great. Esoecially since the winter event is right around the corner, no ones gonna be playing twilight for all of december.

Golem
11-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Idk i quess we dont need more expansions. What does worth to lvl up even to lvl 100? .. i guess cool events would be much better and just bring more items and vanitys. This Long boring Rank system we all hate it. There is no one wwho like it am pretty sure. Those 5k points were cool when we could buy them at lightbearer rankm its changed now to elite one cus some selfish guys who have elite lightbearer already. There is a much better players than them. It dosnt mean they are better if they had more time this month to hit elite... there is thousands other players. Not even 700 ppl hit lightbearer rank yet

Kujimasun
11-28-2016, 07:05 PM

This statement could not be more true and this expansion shows that feedback is taken into consideration. I still think the way things were laid out is a great idea, but the numbers were out of reach.

Before any of you pass judgement on the devs make sure you go back and read all the comments of those who complained, capped in 6-8 hours, constantly ask for a quest line from other titles (starlegends, etc, etc), or rush to finish an event/ quest and start making "I'm bored threads".

Mobile games are meant to be pickup and play games, but on the other hand the comments and complaints have attempted to push this into a full out Diablo/ wow/ etc experience. If you're going to chastise the devs, do the same to your fellow players.

I'll keep saying it until it gets through, be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Legallyblonde
11-28-2016, 07:23 PM
Can they pull from JRPG MMOs next and introduce advanced classes?

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 07:34 PM

Long term goals and 300+ runs just to get to the third floor of a map are two different things especially for those of us that have a life and can't be on all day long .this expansion replaced mine slavery with graveyard slavery and it's just too much you're telling me I have to do thousands of runs just to unlock the last part of the expansion then on top of those thousands of runs I have to do a few thousand more to get my mythic weapon and upgrade it then do a few more thousand runs to get any gear actually worth something from token vendor and upgrade that....your view of "long term goals" is ridiculous asf ....this is just too much work for a pickup and play and still have a social life.

Perceval
11-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Long term goals and 300+ runs just to get to the third floor of a map are two different things especially for those of us that have a life and can't be on all day long .this expansion replaced mine slavery with graveyard slavery and it's just too much you're telling me I have to do thousands of runs just to unlock the last part of the expansion then on top of those thousands of runs I have to do a few thousand more to get my mythic weapon and upgrade it then do a few more thousand runs to get any gear actually worth something from token vendor and upgrade that....your view of "long term goals" is ridiculous asf ....this is just too much work for a pickup and play and still have a social life.
It takes approximately 2000 graveyard runs to achieve the elite lightbearer rank. Which is why I believe a double points week would help those casual players (such as you and me) who have school/work life taking up their time.

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 08:34 PM
It takes approximately 2000 graveyard runs to achieve the elite lightbearer rank. Which is why I believe a double points week would help those casual players (such as you and me) who have school/work life taking up their time.

Yeah the on top of that we need a few thousand for all the proofs and badges then weapons it's just ridiculous

Eriel Delgado
11-28-2016, 08:41 PM
I don't mind the grind but at least graveyard mobs should be at least a little easier to kill cause getting one shot over and over it's the worst humiliation that a player can suffer. i dont mind the samage output of bosses but mobs should be a little easier keep in mind to every class is a rogue.

yubaraj
11-28-2016, 08:44 PM

I hope that pic clarifies what I think about this expansion. I am always telling its no fun running same map over and over and over again.

csyui
11-28-2016, 08:48 PM
I play around 1 hr every day since expansion, and I am at 28k points with only 80 token after purchasing access and badges.
I am getting bored and reluctant to play new maps repeatedly.
This is not a good feeling and I believe lots of players have same experience as I do.

Abuze
11-28-2016, 08:56 PM
1 graveyard run gives you approximate 60+ rank points and takes like 3 minutes or less. Even if you only have 1 hour time on a daily basis to play (approximately 1200 rank points/per hour) you should already be close to lightbearer rank. All this complaining about how 'hard' is to rank up is just you wanting to make things easy for yourself. Wanting things handed to you easier, wanting to put less effort. I know tons of people that have a busy life and are still close to ligthbearer rank. But seriously if you only have 1 hour on a regular basis to play AL.. My friend you should just quit instead of spending your time whining about how you want things handed to you so easily. For once it's needed for the entire community to put a little effort into running maps repeatedly to unlock new maps and this I find a great idea. There is no 2x rank points or 2x token event needed at all. Tokens event will just crash the token bought items prices. Want to unlock new floors? Well put effort into unlocking them. If you're not willing why even care about it? Don't go complain about it simply becaus you don't feel like putting effort into it. And as I said if you have 1 hour or less on a daily basis to play AL I'd suggest you to go find another game.

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 08:56 PM
I don't mind the grind but at least graveyard mobs should be at least a little easier to kill cause getting one shot over and over it's the worst humiliation that a player can suffer. i dont mind the samage output of bosses but mobs should be a little easier keep in mind to every class is a rogue.

The difficulty is fairly easy it's just the endless grinding I'm sick of I only have about an hour a day to play now and I can't even get to higher maps because I still need 150 tokens for honor badge and 150 for proof of disciple so IDK if I'll get to the rest of mausoleum before I just give up out of sheer frustration.

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 09:00 PM
1 graveyard run gives you approximate 60+ rank points and takes like 3 minutes or less. Even if you only have 1 hour time on a daily basis to play (approximately 1200 rank points/per hour) you should already be close to lightbearer rank. All this complaining about how 'hard' is to rank up is just you wanting to make things easy for yourself. Wanting things handed to you easier, wanting to put less effort. I know tons of people that have a busy life and are still close to ligthbearer rank. But seriously if you only have 1 hour on a regular basis to play AL.. My friend you should just quit instead of spending your time whining about how you want things handed to you so easily. For once it's needed for the entire community to put a little effort into running maps repeatedly to unlock new maps and this I find a great idea. There is no 2x rank points or 2x token event needed at all. Tokens event will just crash the token bought items prices. Want to unlock new floors? Well put effort into unlocking them. If you're not willing why even care about it? Don't go complain about it simply becaus you don't feel like putting effort into it. And as I said if you have 1 hour or less on a daily basis to play AL I'd suggest you to go find another game.

Maybe you can't read ? This has nothing to do with ranks but that I need to do more runs than is possible for me to get into the next part of the expansion and the one after it isn't a goal to get all those tokens to unlock two more floors just to farm even more tokens for my weapon
Please read the post with a bit of comprehension before you come here acting as if I want something handed to me and try to be less rude next time some of us have a life and can't get light bearer in two days like you did.

Abuze
11-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Maybe you can't read ? This has nothing to do with ranks but that I need to do more runs than is possible for me to get into the next part of the expansion and the one after it isn't a goal to get all those tokens to unlock two more floors just to farm even more tokens for my weapon
Please read the post with a bit of comprehension before you come here acting as if I want something handed to me and try to be less rude next time some of us have a life and can't get light bearer in two days like you did.

Maybe you should learn to read what others said on your thread as well. There is mentioned that it's super hard to rank up. You want more tokens instead of rank points its rather simple then. Either buy coffins or kill a few mobs in gy and run straight to boss. It's not even that the imbalanced weapons aren't trade able. Don't feel like grinding for tokens or don't have the time for it then just buy with gold. Don't ask for things to be handed to you easy. It's a game. Want that weapon bought with tokens? Go earn them. Work for them. No matter how slowly it is. If you trully want to achieve something you work your butt off to get it.

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Maybe you should learn to read what others said on your thread as well. There is mentioned that it's super hard to rank up. You want more tokens instead of rank points its rather simple then. Either buy coffins or kill a few mobs in gy and run straight to boss. It's not even that the imbalanced weapons aren't trade able. Don't feel like grinding for tokens or don't have the time for it then just buy with gold. Don't ask for things to be handed to you easy. It's a game. Want that weapon bought with tokens? Go earn them. Work for them. No matter how slowly it is. If you trully want to achieve something you work your butt off to get it.
Again I have two jobs and a social life I play an hour a day and can't just waste my whole day in a game because I work my butt off in real life these goals are unreachable to us with little time to play....we don't all have all day to "work our butts off" in a vidya. It is going to take me until the middle of the next expansion to even be able to get to the last floor of maus at this rate not even mentioning trying to run for a weapon.
please keep your snide comments to yourself and think some people actually have lives and can't play all day like me

Abuze
11-28-2016, 09:50 PM
Again I have two jobs and a social life I play an hour a day and can't just waste my whole day in a game because I work my butt off in real life these goals are unreachable to us with little time to play....we don't all have all day to "work our butts off" in a vidya. It is going to take me until the middle of the next expansion to even be able to get to the last floor of maus at this rate not even mentioning trying to run for a weapon.
please keep your snide comments to yourself and think some people actually have lives and can't play all day like me

You claim to have such little time to play AL so I'll ask why play it even then? If you can't keep up then are you going to complain about? Look at the amount of time that you've spent complaining. Could've put that time to so much better use.

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 09:57 PM
You claim to have such little time to play AL so I'll ask why play it even then? If you can't keep up then are you going to complain about? Look at the amount of time that you've spent complaining. Could've put that time to so much better use.

Until this expansion I kept up just fine....
It's literally just this expansion and the way they set it up...this is the first expansion like this and hopefully the last you need entirely too much for too little return. Just run the same map over and over until you get enough tokens to unlock another part...that's not fun at all and I simply don't have the time...and there's a lot more like me that have lives and are complaining that this expansion is just too much of a grind and we don't have the time for it...

Qnoy
11-28-2016, 10:32 PM
yes it's hard and long time grind, but spent 1hr a day will be enough to reach elitebearer rank within less a month. you'll be ok, cos i just reach elitebearer today lol

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 10:35 PM
I play around 1 hr every day since expansion, and I am at 28k points with only 80 token after purchasing access and badges.
I am getting bored and reluctant to play new maps repeatedly.
This is not a good feeling and I believe lots of players have same experience as I do.

Exactly I have maybe 5K more points than you but I still need 150 more tokens ...and I've grown bored of farming them and I don't really know if I'll continue this expansion or just wait for events/Antignome expansion because I've grown tired of the work have to put into this game just to be able to have another place to put more work in

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 10:41 PM
yes it's hard and long time grind, but spent 1hr a day will be enough to reach elitebearer rank within less a month. you'll be ok, cos i just reach elitebearer today lol

It's been a month and a half at a hour a day and in barely at 32K points ....

Expansion dropped 10/6 /16
It's 11/28/16
This expansion is literally only for people with little to no life socially or workwise

Qnoy
11-28-2016, 11:00 PM
It's been a month and a half at a hour a day and in barely at 32K points ....

It's 11/28/16
This expansion is literally only for people with little to no life socially or workwise

my time for playing this game is less thn 1hr a day..so if u manage ur 1hr playtime correctly i bet u already hit there too..owh i do have life, job ,& have family with 2 kids so cheers and keep it up lol..

will0
11-28-2016, 11:12 PM
i ran for 2-3 weeks most days for 2hrs + (doing all the dailies in graveyard and Map 3-4) i am still stuck not even half to elite light bearer......

Buying more ankhs i normally do in elite maps ...

1. Challenging maps (yes) fun at times, boring most time with pugs
2. Repetitive (YES!)

Dexterqo
11-28-2016, 11:31 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/21/1a/211a4b_1884972.jpg

Plqgue
11-28-2016, 11:38 PM
i ran for 2-3 weeks most days for 2hrs + (doing all the dailies in graveyard and Map 3-4) i am still stuck not even half to elite light bearer......

Buying more ankhs i normally do in elite maps ...

1. Challenging maps (yes) fun at times, boring most time with pugs
2. Repetitive (YES!)

At least ur already in maus 3-4 I'm stuck in 1-2 and gy and it's now boring af

RYYUKK
11-28-2016, 11:52 PM

U dont have time to play? , then dont play,
People who been inside study or stuff like that cant play as well and they dont complain, stop trashing over this game and this new way, if u cant afford items, u will complain about how expensive are em?

Grow up! U have a social life? Great, we have too, and dont complain a game because cant follow it, u and most complain sound so childish!
Stop building a lazy comunity, stop asking for deal easier was to get everything

blazerdd
11-29-2016, 12:05 AM
You claim to have such little time to play AL so I'll ask why play it even then? If you can't keep up then are you going to complain about?

I respectfully disagree. Not going to write a long comment, mainly cause no one wants to read that much, but also cause I don't feel like it :p. Anyways, the fact that you brought up quitting because you only have an hour to play a game , which has no real-life value and leaves you with nothing but pixels to show for, is absolutely absurd. Actually, an hour to sit down looking at a screen per day is a very reasonable amount. If you did that alone, you would spend 1/24 of your life on it.

What other game are you suggesting? First of all, this is a mobile game. Mobile games are normally casual options compared to the other massive, time consuming ones on pc's. To those, like yourself, who decide to go all out, kudos to you. But for the majority of the community who don't have that much time, thats why this is a problem. Currently, myself along with alot of veterans, are taking breaks until future notice. To most of us, there is nothing to do, simply because we aren't going to spend that much time for such little reward. Heck, even the majority of the hardcore people who are lightbearer and up said its a boring, daily grind. Why you would want to bore yourself playing a game which is supposed to be fun, is beyond me.

Since that was all over the place, I'll write a conclusion. As a future solution, make it more towards the general public - who can play an average of 30 min to 2 hours a day- by lowering the amount of "points/coins" required, or making another way through.

PS: to everyone making up times about how in an hour you can get 20 runs in at 3 mins a piece (which is 1000-1200 pts), thats garbage. That, assuming you have a social life online and friends, would be without talking to anyone, checking the cs, or any other thing that people do on a daily basis. After everything you do daily is completed, you are left with about 30-40 mins left of time to farm - realistically.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 12:24 AM
U dont have time to play? , then dont play,
People who been inside study or stuff like that cant play as well and they dont complain, stop trashing over this game and this new way, if u cant afford items, u will complain about how expensive are em?

Grow up! U have a social life? Great, we have too, and dont complain a game because cant follow it, u and most complain sound so childish!
Stop building a lazy comunity, stop asking for deal easier was to get everything

So I should quit because this expansion is unrealistic...I'm not lazy by any means but this expansion is extremely tedious and it's making itself boring us people that are complaining have a right to give our opinions on any subject we like so please take you and your rude comments elsewhere

Abuze
11-29-2016, 01:54 AM
I respectfully disagree. Not going to write a long comment, mainly cause no one wants to read that much, but also cause I don't feel like it :p. Anyways, the fact that you brought up quitting because you only have an hour to play a game , which has no real-life value and leaves you with nothing but pixels to show for, is absolutely absurd. Actually, an hour to sit down looking at a screen per day is a very reasonable amount. If you did that alone, you would spend 1/24 of your life on it.

What other game are you suggesting? First of all, this is a mobile game. Mobile games are normally casual options compared to the other massive, time consuming ones on pc's. To those, like yourself, who decide to go all out, kudos to you. But for the majority of the community who don't have that much time, thats why this is a problem. Currently, myself along with alot of veterans, are taking breaks until future notice. To most of us, there is nothing to do, simply because we aren't going to spend that much time for such little reward. Heck, even the majority of the hardcore people who are lightbearer and up said its a boring, daily grind. Why you would want to bore yourself playing a game which is supposed to be fun, is beyond me.

Since that was all over the place, I'll write a conclusion. As a future solution, make it more towards the general public - who can play an average of 30 min to 2 hours a day- by lowering the amount of "points/coins" required, or making another way through.

PS: to everyone making up times about how in an hour you can get 20 runs in at 3 mins a piece (which is 1000-1200 pts), thats garbage. That, assuming you have a social life online and friends, would be without talking to anyone, checking the cs, or any other thing that people do on a daily basis. After everything you do daily is completed, you are left with about 30-40 mins left of time to farm - realistically.

You know I could give you a long essay as well replying to all that you said but you're already taking a break from the game, which already says a lot so I won't waste any of.my time.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 02:04 AM
You know I could give you a long essay as well replying to all that you said but you're already taking a break from the game, which already says a lot so I won't waste any of.my time.

You should write an essay about why so many are taking breaks you'll be shocked

JesuisCharlie
11-29-2016, 02:37 AM

Thank you so much. Life seems to become to easy and rules they forgot the meaning of life. An expension it's what, 6months? When this one was release..? Start to think a little more before complain about all random things or just go back to Bf1... That wasn't a problem to run the mines everydays but when you need a little skill and bon sense...Ugh

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 02:48 AM
Thank you so much. Life seems to become to easy and rules they forgot the meaning of life. An expension it's what, 6months? When this one was release..? Start to think a little more before complain about all random things or just go back to Bf1... That wasn't a problem to run the mines everydays but when you need a little skill and bon sense...Ugh

I've never ran mines all day
And so what if it's supposed to last four more months the content is causing people to stop playing the game because of the sheer effort needed to just get to the next part or be able to buy anything

Melthyz
11-29-2016, 04:31 AM
Wow you must be the AL complain board committee head master I've heard so much about
Just cuz u preferred to plug them fingers in ur ears, doesnt mean the problems dun exist.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RYYUKK
11-29-2016, 05:02 AM
So I should quit because this expansion is unrealistic...I'm not lazy by any means but this expansion is extremely tedious and it's making itself boring us people that are complaining have a right to give our opinions on any subject we like so please take you and your rude comments elsewhere

If u cant play , quit, exactly
U just said "expansion its so boring or tedious""
Thats ur problem , u find it tedious , not even hard.

Perceval
11-29-2016, 05:42 AM
10-10-2016 (Deciple rank within 5 days of expansion release; ideally farming graveyard for 6 hours daily).

Update: Achieved Disciple rank (30k points). :banana:

10-15-2016 (lightbearer rank within 5 days of achieving deciple rank; ideally farming graveyard for 5 hours daily).

Late af but.
Lightbearer rank at 55k points and reward is a vanity backpack (non tradeable)

I don't think you represent the group the OP is highlighting with this thread mate.

Perceval
11-29-2016, 05:44 AM
I believe doubling the graveyards mob density would do nicely.

Fsuryo
11-29-2016, 06:18 AM
It's 11/28/16

Thankyou.
If you dont have much time to play on this side, start for manage your time "MORE" efficient. Like, stop spread negativity and do a "BIT" of run.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Terminhater
11-29-2016, 07:45 AM
I run 1k points a day. I am now on 45k points.

1k is my minimum quota for points accumulation per day. In ten days time I'll be lightbearer, thereafter in 55 days time (pending on current point system) I'll achieve elite lightbearer status. Just break it down to what you can run and attain point-wise.

Actually if you do one marathon mausoleum run stages 1-4, I'm sure you can get approx 700 points, then do graveyard til you hit the 1k mark. That's how I do it. I can't grind all day but if I want to play this game, I'll have to use my time and resources in the best possible way.

If I can't get a decent mauso party, I run graveyard with pugs, get 250 points have a break, refresh and get another 250, break, repeat and rinse til I get 1k points.

This expansion is like a mountain, don't get phased out by looking at its entirety, just climb it bit by bit and you'll reach the top. You got til March I think before they roll another expansion, dev hinted this expansion time limit is about 6 months.

Anirudhrox
11-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Lol i gave up on the new maps

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Kiritobozz
11-29-2016, 08:20 AM

Finally someone who gets it.

-However the main problem of this expansion derives from the following factors:

1: The incredibly high amount of points to reach elite light bearer rank.

2: Running the same map over and over again with little to no variety is simply boring.

3: The fact that most tokens are spend on items like badges etc.

4: The fact that the overall playerbase activity is being forced to stand central within the borders of the new expansion
in order to grow in rank.

I believe implementing the following solutions would make this expansion alot more succesful:

Let the player also gain points outside of the new graveyard and mausoleum maps. ofcourse this would mean that the amount of points to be gained should be scaled to the map difficulty. For example: A mob in dead city could grant the player 1 point and a mob in the mausoleum 5 points. This will further stimulate the playerbase to play more often since this system offers great variety in the map choice and above all else, the player will always be able to grow no matter on which map he or she decides to play on. I also believe that shortening the amount of required badges or increase the amount of tokens earned from the daily quests will greatly improve the overall motivation of players to acquire more powerful gear.

YamirL
11-29-2016, 08:23 AM
Lightbearer Elite Rank Here.
Its been a long Journey so far, but there is more to it than what you think. Let me shed some light on this.

Its is long, however, things get a lot easier and (faster) when you reach Floor 3, there are a ton of mobs in total between floors 1 and 4. That will give you 1,000 rank points in just 3 sometime 2 runs. (Yes, many many Mobs there) also you get a minimum of 11 Tokens per run and let me break it down, maus 1= 1, Maus 2=2, Maus 3=3 and Maus 4=5 totaling 11 tokens. Now this is not counting mini bosses, treasure rooms and it is a fact, realistically I always finish a run with over 20 tokens guaranteed (per run "FL1-4). Token cap is 1,000. At one point, I bought a balanced bar for 500 tokens because i was tired of checking the cap lvl every hour because of how many tokens and how fast you make them there.
Now, you get a lot of crappy legendary gear that doesn't even sell in the store for 2,000 gold but here is how you truly make gold: 1st equip 100% gold loot weapon or above then use lucky pet that gives you an extra 20% gold loot then use any pet egg you like on Lucky's AA slot, I have made over 15k gold in just Maus 1 using this method.

I know you want mythic weapons and all the goodies fast and faster than anyone, but just heads up, I am light-bearer Elite Rank with 110k solid Rank points and I yet cannot have that either but instead I am making a lot of gold.

Just giving you a little something that for me worked as motivation for the grinding, have made over 3mil gold (including drops that i have sold for over 350k) since I started.

Good luck
Yamir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 09:05 AM
If u cant play , quit, exactly
U just said "expansion its so boring or tedious""
Thats ur problem , u find it tedious , not even hard.

It isn't hard it's literally so tedious it's boring ... and there's a lot of people that agree and are quitting because of this

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Lightbearer Elite Rank Here.
Its been a long Journey so far, but there is more to it than what you think. Let me shed some light on this.

Its is long, however, things get a lot easier and (faster) when you reach Floor 3, there are a ton of mobs in total between floors 1 and 4. That will give you 1,000 rank points in just 3 sometime 2 runs. (Yes, many many Mobs there) also you get a minimum of 11 Tokens per run and let me break it down, maus 1= 1, Maus 2=2, Maus 3=3 and Maus 4=5 totaling 11 tokens. Now this is not counting mini bosses, treasure rooms and it is a fact, realistically I always finish a run with over 20 tokens guaranteed (per run "FL1-4). Token cap is 1,000. At one point, I bought a balanced bar for 500 tokens because i was tired of checking the cap lvl every hour because of how many tokens and how fast you make them there.
Now, you get a lot of crappy legendary gear that doesn't even sell in the store for 2,000 gold but here is how you truly make gold: 1st equip 100% gold loot weapon or above then use lucky pet that gives you an extra 20% gold loot then use any pet egg you like on Lucky's AA slot, I have made over 15k gold in just Maus 1 using this method.

I know you want mythic weapons and all the goodies fast and faster than anyone, but just heads up, I am light-bearer Elite Rank with 110k solid Rank points and I yet cannot have that either but instead I am making a lot of gold.

Just giving you a little something that for me worked as motivation for the grinding, have made over 3mil gold (including drops that i have sold for over 350k) since I started.

Good luck
Yamir

That would make sense if I still didn't need 150 more tokens just to reach that content I'm stuck in graveyard running the same map over and over until I'm tired and bored just to be able to open those two floors and have no other reward because oh look all my tokens went to a badge and a proof that don't really grant me anything but to be able to go to a new floor and buy a new coffer

Ninthplague
11-29-2016, 09:29 AM
I suggest do a daily qota just like what Terminhater is doing, stop thinking about that 110k points for elite rank, as long as u reach your daily qota you should be happy. No need to push yourself to the limit and stop reasoning about your real life activities. If you want it, you will find ways; if you don't want it, you keep on reasoning. Aim to get proof badge for mausoleum 3/4 to gain faster tokens, you can get 20tokens in mausoleum 4 if lucky.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 09:57 AM
I suggest do a daily qota just like what Terminhater is doing, stop thinking about that 110k points for elite rank, as long as u reach your daily qota you should be happy. No need to push yourself to the limit and stop reasoning about your real life activities. If you want it, you will find ways; if you don't want it, you keep on reasoning. Aim to get proof badge for mausoleum 3/4 to gain faster tokens, you can get 20tokens in mausoleum 4 if lucky.

The point isn't just getting enough tokens for the badge man it's the fact that I have to do 300 runs in order to see the new content and get zero return from said 300 runs because I have to spend my prize on getting to the next stage and the same will happen when the next stage is up except it will be doubled ...our hard work just goes to let us do more hard work which isn't right

SkipperSkinner
11-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Guys the point of this expansion is to keep us busy... and yeah its a little repetitive, but would you rather have an expansion like the last one with only three maps that you can run strait through in less then an hour and that's it?!! Also with this expansion you don't have to worry about farming for hours on end trying to loot that one item and the your friend runs it once and loots it the first time!?! In the mausoleum pink items drop with no elixir and there are gold runner chests in mausoleums 3+. Plus the layout of these maps are random. I just want to give a tumbs up to the devs and make you guys realize how awesome this expansion really is.

blazerdd
11-29-2016, 10:20 AM

Well, if it already says alot, that should mean something. If people are quitting because of a new expansion, maybe you should pay attention instead of saying crap that applies to no one else (its not like we have a massive player base btw). Read Perceval's post - he summed up why we arent talking about you completely.

Please do write an essay replying to the points above. I would actually like to hear how this is good for the majority.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 10:28 AM
Guys the point of this expansion is to keep us busy... and yeah its a little repetitive, but would you rather have an expansion like the last one with only three maps that you can run strait through in less then an hour and that's it?!! Also with this expansion you don't have to worry about farming for hours on end trying to loot that one item and the your friend runs it once and loots it the first time!?! In the mausoleum pink items drop with no elixir and there are gold runner chests in mausoleums 3+. Plus the layout of these maps are random. I just want to give a tumbs up to the devs and make you guys realize how awesome this expansion really is.

Yes I would rather have an old type of expansion at least then I could run more than one map with no prize because all of my coins go to some stupid badge and proof

Potato is me
11-29-2016, 10:44 AM

I think the problem is the lack of incentive to run the map and not ranking up taking too much effort. If there are good incentives to run the maps, im pretty sure time will pass very fast for everyone and that most of the people will not complain about how tedious it is to rank up

SkipperSkinner
11-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Yes I would rather have an old type of expansion at least then I could run more than one map with no prize because all of my coins go to some stupid badge and proof

This new expansion has five maps, FIVE not one and it gets a lot easier once you get into mausoleums 3 and 4. I play for less then an hour a day and have been in mausoleum 3 and 4 for the last 4 days making 3x the tokens I did is maus 1 and 2. Only spend your tokens on proofs and badges until you reach advocate because if you're running the maps right you will have plenty of tokens for disciple proof and equipment etc after running maus 1-4

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 10:49 AM
I think the problem is the lack of incentive to run the map and not ranking up taking too much effort. If there are good incentives to run the maps, im pretty sure time will pass very fast for everyone and that most of the people will not complain about how tedious it is to rank up

That and these badges+proofs are the only thing making this expansion lack... and don't say pink drops because you have to get lucky for a pink drop worth more than 10-40k

greekAL
11-29-2016, 11:00 AM
First of all if sts understand that they are asking tons of points and give all players time to grind points won't be a problem we need that expansion ,season last so even busy players have time to reach the ranks if expansion will last long points are good otherwise need fix! The worst part of expansion isn't the points but badges,proofs u spent ur hard earned tokens for something that u don't want at all! After 500 runs u will just have bought some badges/ proofs that is a bit boring cause u work hard and u didn't got something shiny like weapon/ armor etc that making grinding boring! I like the new token style of expansion just badges,proofs aren't necessary or cost too much so ppl losing the fun and continue run the same map without even got a new armor! Thts my opinion at all!

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 11:12 AM
First of all if sts understand that they are asking tons of points and give all players time to grind points won't be a problem we need that expansion ,season last so even busy players have time to reach the ranks if expansion will last long points are good otherwise need fix! The worst part of expansion isn't the points but badges,proofs u spent ur hard earned tokens for something that u don't want at all! After 500 runs u will just have bought some badges/ proofs that is a bit boring cause u work hard and u didn't got something shiny like weapon/ armor etc that making grinding boring! I like the new token style of expansion just badges,proofs aren't necessary or cost too much so ppl losing the fun and continue run the same map without even got a new armor! Thts my opinion at all!

Yeah as if the community goal wasn't enough we still have hundreds of runs to do just to get into the next stage just imagine the next stage 600 tokens for proofs and badge instead of just letting us buy a prize we have to save literally every token we make to get to the next part of the mausoleum which is insane for us with little time on our hands to play a PICK UP AND PLAY mmorpg

Runel Joseph Ruiz
11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Well tbh the expansion this time was good rather than the past expansions, it gives me a goal to grind on. Especially for the elite bearer one, but the op post has also a point the number of points needed and tokens to access the maus are rather too much for casual players. But then again i really like this kind of expansion that gives me a reason to go online everyday for daily tokens / points etc, big thanks for the devs on this expansion.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then i took an Arrow in the knee."

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Well tbh the expansion this time was good rather than the past expansions, it gives me a goal to grind on. Especially for the elite bearer one, but the op post has also a point the number of points needed and tokens to access the maus are rather too much for casual players. But then again i really like this kind of expansion that gives me a reason to go online everyday for daily tokens / points etc, big thanks for the devs on this expansion.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then i took an Arrow in the knee."

Yes the expansion is good it's just there's a lot of things that don't make any sense like spending your entire reward fund on proofs and badges to be able to work more

Zaocajede
11-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Didn't all past expansions require a huge amount of work and tedium?

How many runs did people run in tindrin when it can out. Mostly in the first map.

What about rengol, planar tombs, underhul?

Every expansion is the same. A crap load of grinding is required if you want to increase the power of your character.

Legallyblonde
11-29-2016, 12:36 PM
People ran elite during the tindirin during that expansion lol it took me 16 elite runs to get 1 mil off of elite drag chests back when they were 90-80k

Zaocajede
11-29-2016, 12:48 PM
People ran elite during the tindirin during that expansion lol it took me 16 elite runs to get 1 mil off of elite drag chests back when they were 90-80k

I'm not sure what your point is.

So you got lucky and made a million.

You can get lucky and make millions running graveyard as mausoleum as well.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Didn't all past expansions require a huge amount of work and tedium?

How many runs did people run in tindrin when it can out. Mostly in the first map.

What about rengol, planar tombs, underhul?

Every expansion is the same. A crap load of grinding is required if you want to increase the power of your character.

The grinding isn't the point here it's the grinding for nothing aspect of this expansion
Here go these thousands of runs just to be able to run the next little piece
All of those expansions you mentioned had elite content soon after release that gave us players a good amount of profit without having to work hard for weeks upon weeks just to be able to run the content...

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure what your point is.

So you got lucky and made a million.

You can get lucky and make millions running graveyard as mausoleum as well.

The point legally is making if you did a thousand runs of elite tinindrin back then you could afford anything in game do a thousand runs of mausoleum and graveyard and you can afford to buy a badge and a proof to unlock the next floor and you HAVE TOSAVE THE REST FOR THE NEXT BADGE AND PROOF

Zaocajede
11-29-2016, 01:08 PM
The point legally is making if you did a thousand runs of elite tinindrin back then you could afford anything in game do a thousand runs of mausoleum and graveyard and you can afford to buy a badge and a proof to unlock the next floor and you HAVE TOSAVE THE REST FOR THE NEXT BADGE AND PROOF

As many have already stated. You have to grind 300 runs in graveyard to move on.

It gets much much easier to gain tokens.

I'm a casual 1-2 hour a day player as well yet I have 57 k points and 900 tokens.

I've gotten 17 tokens in one maus 4 run on a few occasions.

I don't think having to do a little work to access new content is a bad thing. It's better than having everything handed to you.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 01:11 PM
As many have already stated. You have to grind 300 runs in graveyard to move on.

It gets much much easier to gain tokens.

I'm a casual 1-2 hour a day player as well yet I have 57 k points and 900 tokens.

I've gotten 17 tokens in one maus 4 run on a few occasions.

I don't think having to do a little work to access new content is a bad thing. It's better than having everything handed to you.

250 for the first set of proofs and badges then 300 then 600 it's ridiculous and. It takes away from the fun as you still need thousands of tokens for weapons and gear and upgrading them.....a little work is OK but a few thousand runs is ridiculous

Zaizor
11-29-2016, 01:21 PM
STS can't win, no matter what they try to do.

In the old days, you finish a level, the next one opens up. Once those levels got old, elites were added. People would complain that it was too easy and too fast to farm and beat these levels, and items that drop lose their value quickly once more hit the market. I remember Tindrin being this way, everyone on the boards complained it was too easy and too fast, and blamed STS for not having enough content. They did some experimenting and tweaking for Underhul and the Orc expansion, but for the most part, you beat those levels, the next was available.

Flash forward to now. STS gives us a way to pace ourselves to level up, to run courses through personal and community goals, trying to do waves of content releasing instead of one lump sum, and they add decent gold drops at the end game level that only get better with gold loot % weapons and luck, and players are complaining about it taking too long and it's too much of a grind to do this...

Frankly, as a casual player from the beginning, I'm ok taking my time leveling up. I'm ok running a few graveyards, elites, arena battles. It's not my life, it's something to do when my life slows down. I know the gold, platinum, and items don't translate to real life success or money... it's really not that big of a deal, life gets harder than this...

The game's evolved. It needed to evolve to stay alive. So, enjoy the content as it becomes available. Enjoy the end game runs. Enjoy farming wherever. Enjoy the fact that you don't need an insane billions of gold to get certain items, like an arcane ring, or a Nekro, or gear... In the beginning when things were an astronomical amount of millions of gold, I couldn't get even really good gear. Now, with proper saving, farming, and even less grinding, I can reach really GOOD gear at a fraction of what it used to cost. Makes the game way more fun and the grind worth it, when you can get great gold drops in a shorter amount of time, like graveyard runs.

Plus mini-events, main events are also good ways to get gold selling base dropped items. I sold so many apples and pears, the gold I made off it was a monstrous boost to my already lucrative graveyard runs. Then for adventure, I chased arcane chests and arena chests. Zoinked out on them, but it has more of a thrill than mindless KM3 runs. And when I wanted a change from that, I ran elites, and sold elite chests and materials.

And maybe that's why I like this kind of expansion reveal. I remember the earlier days of monotonous Malison/Wrathjaw grinding, spending too much time in KM3 grinding lockeds just to afford better gear worth 10+ millions of gold... I like being able to run the graveyard, get a guaranteed 2-5k each run (the price of a locked or egg now) and when I get tired of that, chasing the easier, smaller goals, or running after the unlikely arcane weapon chest or fossil.

Your enjoyment is all in how you play the game.

Zaocajede
11-29-2016, 01:29 PM
250 for the first set of proofs and badges then 300 then 600 it's ridiculous and. It takes away from the fun as you still need thousands of tokens for weapons and gear and upgrading them.....a little work is OK but a few thousand runs is ridiculous

I agree it's a grinding marathon and it's daunting. Pick shorter term goals in the meantime to keep your motivation.

However you are too concerned about the tokens. Unless you are botting the first hallway of graveyard you will have enough tokens when you reach the next stage.

Not to mention that you can buy tokens via coffers should you want to speed things up.

Jazzi
11-29-2016, 01:30 PM
I too think that it is too much work in order to get to the last tier of the expansion (currently not unlocked yet).

If you do run mausoleum levels 1-4 regularly you will notice that the tokens are not the real problem here, as sometimes you get 15, even 20 on level 4.

On the other hand the total number of points ne needs for lightbearer is something I am sure I won't be able to reach until at least late February next year.

There is another problem with running mausoleum however, which many here seem not to be aware of:

1.It is very difficult to find mausoleum parties
2. Pugs are unbearable in mausoleum, as lepre users and 1 attack skill mages and rogues are predominant
3. A lot of people get super fed up with the game and quit for the day after one run through of mausoleum 1-4
4. Loot is horrendous: More often than not the whole pt would get only white items from sorceress Voriyana.

All in all: With previous expansions it was indeed too fast. This expansion unfortunately things went way too far into the other extreme and things are beyond slow.

Plqgue
11-29-2016, 01:33 PM
STS can't win, no matter what they try to do.

In the old days, you finish a level, the next one opens up. Once those levels got old, elites were added. People would complain that it was too easy and too fast to farm and beat these levels, and items that drop lose their value quickly once more hit the market. I remember Tindrin being this way, everyone on the boards complained it was too easy and too fast, and blamed STS for not having enough content. They did some experimenting and tweaking for Underhul and the Orc expansion, but for the most part, you beat those levels, the next was available.

Flash forward to now. STS gives us a way to pace ourselves to level up, to run courses through personal and community goals, trying to do waves of content releasing instead of one lump sum, and they add decent gold drops at the end game level that only get better with gold loot % weapons and luck, and players are complaining about it taking too long and it's too much of a grind to do this...

Frankly, as a casual player from the beginning, I'm ok taking my time leveling up. I'm ok running a few graveyards, elites, arena battles. It's not my life, it's something to do when my life slows down. I know the gold, platinum, and items don't translate to real life success or money... it's really not that big of a deal, life gets harder than this...

The game's evolved. It needed to evolve to stay alive. So, enjoy the content as it becomes available. Enjoy the end game runs. Enjoy farming wherever. Enjoy the fact that you don't need an insane billions of gold to get certain items, like an arcane ring, or a Nekro, or gear... In the beginning when things were an astronomical amount of millions of gold, I couldn't get even really good gear. Now, with proper saving, farming, and even less grinding, I can reach really GOOD gear at a fraction of what it used to cost. Makes the game way more fun and the grind worth it, when you can get great gold drops in a shorter amount of time, like graveyard runs.

Plus mini-events, main events are also good ways to get gold selling base dropped items. I sold so many apples and pears, the gold I made off it was a monstrous boost to my already lucrative graveyard runs. Then for adventure, I chased arcane chests and arena chests. Zoinked out on them, but it has more of a thrill than mindless KM3 runs. And when I wanted a change from that, I ran elites, and sold elite chests and materials.

And maybe that's why I like this kind of expansion reveal. I remember the earlier days of monotonous Malison/Wrathjaw grinding, spending too much time in KM3 grinding lockeds just to afford better gear worth 10+ millions of gold... I like being able to run the graveyard, get a guaranteed 2-5k each run (the price of a locked or egg now) and when I get tired of that, chasing the easier, smaller goals, or running after the unlikely arcane weapon chest or fossil.

Your enjoyment is all in how you play the game.

I can't enjoy content as it becomes available because I have to run a few hundred more graveyard runs just to be able to enjoy the content.....maybe you don't understand this.....I'm dead tired when I get off of work and want to play a game not log in to go back to work....if these proofs and badges didn't exist I would be able to enjoy the content as it becomes available but I can't because of them .....this feels like entirely too much work to expect us to get badges proofs for every single tier than expect us to do the work all over again for our weapons and gears?

Zaizor
11-29-2016, 02:39 PM
maybe you don't understand this....

I understand it just fine. You're incapable of enjoying a game unless you get everything unlocked, instantly. You don't like the grind to get there, it seems like work to you.

Whereas, I can enjoy it for what it is. I've seen where it came from and what it's trying to do to help players keep the content going longer, rather than race to the end to wait for more. I see no reason to sprint to the end. I have the gear to get me through the levels, I'm making good gold doing it. When it feels like a grind, I play somewhere else in Arlor's many playgrounds.

Just a difference in gaming philosophy. Doesn't mean I don't have the ability to comprehend your side of the discussion.

I can't enjoy content as it becomes available because I have to run a few hundred more graveyard runs just to be able to enjoy the content.....maybe you don't understand this.....I'm dead tired when I get off of work and want to play a game not log in to go back to work....if these proofs and badges didn't exist I would be able to enjoy the content as it becomes available but I can't because of them .....this feels like entirely too much work to expect us to get badges proofs for every single tier than expect us to do the work all over again for our weapons and gears?

If you can't enjoy this game as it is, maybe this isn't the game for you to relax with after work. I'm capable of enjoying this game after a day of work just fine, playing it the way I do, as stated previously. If this game feels like work for you, you can log off.

Ipoopsy
11-29-2016, 03:00 PM
The funny thing about most forumers nowaday is that, most of the one that are whining alot is the one that just barely started playing AL. Just look at their information when they sign up. (Yes i do know that there are some exceptions on Players who have been playing for a while and finally sign up later)

This Expansion is probably the best one that STS released in a long time for everyone to enjoy. There's an end goal to that, but you have to put in the work to get there. Just like REAL LIFE!!

I still believed that the expansion is little too easy, It's easier than when Underhaul came out. It's All about teamwork.

I'm a casual player also, and i got to lightbearer's just by Pugging and Grouping up every so often. Once you reach higher tier, you will accumulate tokens like crazy and don't know what to do with them, until the community goals are fulfilled.

And for the 'Whiners', who constantly said they don't have the time to play or grind the contents, stop wasting your time on the forums and go play the Game! It seems like you have so much time in Forum whining, when you can be using that time to play the game. It makes no sense to me when i see players says something like that.

Gouiwaa9000
11-29-2016, 04:09 PM
tbh im still acolyte and i dont want to rank up XD right now the game is 70% pvp and 20% chilling in town for me . I dont like the idea of farming without any rewards , right now we littelary have to do hundreds of runs in one map over and over again just to unlock the next one , and then we will have to grind the same maps even more to upgrade our gear... I guess you can say we will eventually get the quest line for the dark/light sets but im afraid it will be near impossible to obtain ( just like the banished set , if im right nobody has the pendant yet ) .

( no offence intended , just my opinion )

Alkeyhal
11-29-2016, 04:13 PM
It's not your just lazy

Vrazicak
11-29-2016, 04:33 PM
The grinding isn't the point here it's the grinding for nothing aspect of this expansion
Here go these thousands of runs just to be able to run the next little piece
All of those expansions you mentioned had elite content soon after release that gave us players a good amount of profit without having to work hard for weeks upon weeks just to be able to run the content...

Dude what are you talking about, gold loot drops are amazing at new maps, just for the gold loot, it's worth running the new maps, tokens and gear are just a bonus, no more situations where a dude comes into a map and becomes a millionaire rather that the other dude farming his butt off to end up with nothing, there's no better farming method currently in game but farming the new maps, great work STS hoping to see more things like this!

Abuze
11-29-2016, 04:51 PM
10-10-2016 (Deciple rank within 5 days of expansion release; ideally farming graveyard for 6 hours daily).

10-15-2016 (lightbearer rank within 5 days of achieving deciple rank; ideally farming graveyard for 5 hours daily).

I don't think you represent the group the OP is highlighting with this thread mate.

So I had a week or so left of vacay and had the free time and decided to invest them in al. So? Your point is? I never said that I expect anyone else to have the same amount of free time as I did. And as I said in this thread you can get approximately 1200 rank points each hour.
Those that find it boring that's your problem. You find it boring. If you can't make it fun for yourself either do something else or go play another game. Do not whine about it so damn much.

Well, if it already says alot, that should mean something. If people are quitting because of a new expansion, maybe you should pay attention instead of saying crap that applies to no one else (its not like we have a massive player base btw). Read Perceval's post - he summed up why we arent talking about you completely.

Please do write an essay replying to the points above. I would actually like to hear how this is good for the majority.

People that find it boring and want to quit it's their own problem that they can't enjoy the game so by all means go ahead and quit. World won't end, game will continue. Don't expect because some people are slacking waiting for sts to make ways to make things easier for you that this will actually happen. And for those that don't have sufficient time are you going to complain about it too? If you barely have 1 hour to play AL I'd suggest you go find a game where you don't need to grind to keep up. If you can't handle it then byebye.

Don't feel like grinding the graveyard/mausoleum? Then go do something else in AL. Want those boss ap, etc? Then the grinding is required. All those saying that you barely have 1h to play so what? Get 500 points daily. You'll get there someday.

Fsuryo
11-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Please argue with positive word, and be more constructive. Dev may listen to us. Respect the other. Chill lol~

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

xxalivexx
11-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Lol y'all talking about 50k points, I'm at 1400 lol, curse mages are too op and is basically an instant death for a rogue if there is a mob, aimed shots also, one shot a rogue to death. I will and i mean i will never reach the top in the new maps, i still haven't complete my glint set and I'm on the plate at the time, i think that's enough hard work, Gratz to the people who don't go to school or no job who can farm the maps 24/7, i give y'all props.

extrapayah
11-29-2016, 08:51 PM
i hope sts also consider to make proofs account bound, not toon bound...

cjoshua06
11-30-2016, 12:54 AM
if this game is easy, well its not worth to play.

Fearrr
11-30-2016, 03:31 AM
Lol y'all talking about 50k points, I'm at 1400 lol, curse mages are too op and is basically an instant death for a rogue if there is a mob, aimed shots also, one shot a rogue to death. I will and i mean i will never reach the top in the new maps, i still haven't complete my glint set and I'm on the plate at the time, i think that's enough hard work, Gratz to the people who don't go to school or no job who can farm the maps 24/7, i give y'all props.

Lol. I'm in Graduate School for Diamonds and work in the Industry. Ofc the amount of hours I can play a day various on work schedule/studying. I'm at 106k points atm! 99.9% of MMORPGs you have to put this type of grind in, and yes even in mobile ones. And please spare me with that no life BS. I hear all of your points that are complaining, but it is possible to reach the higher ranks/points in good time.

I think Sts did a great job with this expansion. My only complaint is I wish they added new main bosses floor 3-4.

ilhanna
11-30-2016, 04:23 AM
This isn't directed at OP, but more to the general forums community, because this isn't the first thread where this kind of argument breaks out.

There is a clear distinction between I can't (I'm under level 55/my account is banned/my parents cut off my Internet privileges/my phone fell in the bathtub, etc.) and I don't want to (I don't think it's worth my time/I won't run the same maps over and over and you can't make me). Every other obstacles in between (PUGs give me rashes/undead mage curse gives me nightmares/tokens give me panic attack/I have a job and family and pet rabbit, etc., etc.) can be circumvented.

IMO consistency and endurance are more important in this expansion than sheer number of hours spent on the Somberholt content. 500-1000 points (between half an hour to an hour) a day will get you up the ranks eventually and get you the tokens with some to spare. I've seen it done; my guildies who continue running the Somberholt content and are now either Disicples or Lightbearers have a full time job or busy college schedule, and are juggling kids, pets that need walking or regular vet visit, family gatherings, outings with friends, etc. But the kind of community goals we have in this expansion actually gives plenty of room for you to catch up and make sure that you can start the next stage together with others who have reached the higher tiers earlier, on an even footing. Question is whether you want to put in the time--and I'm not talking 24/7--and get those points, and those tokens, one by one, kill by kill, run by run, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes during lunch break plus about the same time on commute or whatever. If you don't, then nothing people say can change that.

There's also another side to the community goals. It's called a community goal for a reason. So other people, other parts of the community, have contributed to it. Some contribute a lot, some a bit less, according to the time available to them, day in day out. And then there are those who drag their feet or outright refuse to take part when the community goal gets tough. As corny as this may sound, the community goal means we're in this together. Either pull your weight to the best of your ability, or don't rock the boat by branding other people nolifer or other inaccurate, presumptuous label.

But OK, Arlor is a free country and noone can or should push anyone to do anything they don't want to do. So you don't think this expansion is for you. There are other ways this game can be enjoyed, there are other things to farm, other maps to run. You can pvp, you can merch, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't easily jump to the conclusion that everyone shares your opinion about this expansion, the goals or the rank syatem.

resurrected
11-30-2016, 04:49 AM
This isn't directed at OP, but more to the general forums community, because this isn't the first thread where this kind of argument breaks out.

There is a clear distinction between I can't (I'm under level 55/my account is banned/my parents cut off my Internet privileges/my phone fell in the bathtub, etc.) and I don't want to (I don't think it's worth my time/I won't run the same maps over and over and you can't make me). Every other obstacles in between (PUGs give me rashes/undead mage curse gives me nightmares/tokens give me panic attack/I have a job and family and pet rabbit, etc., etc.) can be circumvented.

IMO consistency and endurance are more important in this expansion than sheer number of hours spent on the Somberholt content. 500-1000 points (between half an hour to an hour) a day will get you up the ranks eventually and get you the tokens with some to spare. I've seen it done; my guildies who continue running the Somberholt content and are now either Disicples or Lightbearers have a full time job or busy college schedule, and are juggling kids, pets that need walking or regular vet visit, family gatherings, outings with friends, etc. But the kind of community goals we have in this expansion actually gives plenty of room for you to catch up and make sure that you can start the next stage together with others who have reached the higher tiers earlier, on an even footing. Question is whether you want to put in the time--and I'm not talking 24/7--and get those points, and those tokens, one by one, kill by kill, run by run, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes during lunch break plus about the same time on commute or whatever. If you don't, then nothing people say can change that.

There's also another side to the community goals. It's called a community goal for a reason. So other people, other parts of the community, have contributed to it. Some contribute a lot, some a bit less, according to the time available to them, day in day out. And then there are those who drag their feet or outright refuse to take part when the community goal gets tough. As corny as this may sound, the community goal means we're in this together. Either pull your weight to the best of your ability, or don't rock the boat by branding other people nolifer or other inaccurate, presumptuous label.

But OK, Arlor is a free country and noone can or should push anyone to do anything they don't want to do. So you don't think this expansion is for you. There are other ways this game can be enjoyed, there are other things to farm, other maps to run. You can pvp, you can merch, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't easily jump to the conclusion that everyone shares your opinion about this expansion, the goals or the rank syatem.
Well said :)
Look at last sentence [emoji14]

runagain
11-30-2016, 05:04 AM
So we need 300 tokens, requirements to just open the new stuff like dailies and community goals then on top of all that ranks .....this is just too much for the casual player who has a job and a social life please look into this at least remove the proofs and badges and just go by rank as we already need hundreds of tokens to buy anything worth buying but to open the next set of floors after this one will take 600 coins that's 600 runs of gy or like 350 runs of maus just to go to another floor ....it's grown boring and tedious to me please do something
It's not too hard, Just put some effort... Do like 1-2k pts daily and You alrdy Have like +-40 tokens a day... When u became higher tiers, dailies will also give u tokens and pts.. Altho Mausoleum 1 gives 1token a Boss, Mausoleum 2 gives 2tokens a Boss, Mausoleum 3 gives 3 tokens a Boss and Mausoleum 4 gives 5 tokens a Boss.. nothing wrong with That IMO Right?

soon
11-30-2016, 07:19 AM
The only thing I wanted was to share Aps between my characters. I like to play with rogue and mage. But having to unlock the areas with the two is an exhausting job. Every time I unlock a rank, the next one will be twice as big. Anyway, I wanted the places I unlocked in the mausoleum with my mage to be available to my rogue as well.

Eagleye
11-30-2016, 07:51 AM

Just wanna point out that "consistency" = how often your playing and endurance= how long your playing for at a time. So saying those two things are more important than "sheer hours spent" is pretty contradictory because they are essentialy 1 and the same. The casual player isnt going to make squat and also gonna have a hard time progressing running 15-30m a day and that's an issue to alot of folks.
I understand the whole damned if you do damned if you don't mindset sts probably has on issues like this but the reality is a ton of players have already given up on the expansion and that is a bummer to say the least.

Hail
11-30-2016, 10:38 AM

1400? Such an accomplishment! xD

Before people say 'Hail you are just lazy', consider the following:

1. Yes, I am lazy
2. I started the expansion late due to a holiday, and after seeing the amount of work people had to put in (+ how far behind I was), it completely turned off my motivation
3. Needing to run a map countless time to unlock the next map is utterly ridiculous... not for me sorry, what happens if I decide to swap toons? Will I have to run all them maps again just for the aps..
4. My play time per day is roughly 20 minutes, other than that I won't log on at all per day

extrapayah
11-30-2016, 10:52 AM
The only thing I wanted was to share Aps between my characters. I like to play with rogue and mage. But having to unlock the areas with the two is an exhausting job. Every time I unlock a rank, the next one will be twice as big. Anyway, I wanted the places I unlocked in the mausoleum with my mage to be available to my rogue as well.

yes please! :D, we have same concern here!

probably we'll see tokens and points kits in plat? since this is a freemium game, where f2p players are expected to have work-like consistency to catch up. just like how plat-based order jewel conversion is so efficient, compared to farmable order jewel recipe (farmable cracked order jewel need 3 cracked jewel, while plat-based recipe only need 1 jewel of the same tier)

i hope the kits will be tradeable though.

Amoonguss
11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Sts is running a business and having many customers are better for both them and for us. The more money made means more updates, creative ideas and events. Telling others in the community to quit or that their concerns or opinions are somehow invalid is really unproductive and works against us all as a community. Developers often ask for comments and feedback which is necessary for them to know which direction to steer the game.
If some believes the expansion is tedious, repetitive and has unrealistic targets for the average player let them express this point of view without being labelled as lazy. If others think this expansion is innovative, rewarding and they enjoy the grind, this is also okay. Sts will have the data on how many players run these maps, how many have achieved each of the various ranks and how many may have become inactive due to loss of interest.
However for them to make sensible decisions or changes in the future all feedback is necessary. Then with the data available to them they can analyze the needs and expectations of the community.
Many players may not have forum accounts or maybe not feel brave enough to share their thoughts here, so we don't know what percentages favour or dislike the way things are at the moment. About 20 to 30 persons perspective of this topic here, in no way represents the whole of Arlor. So even though we may feel very passionate about certain aspects of this game, there is no need to insult someone else who doesn't share the exact same view.

ilhanna
11-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Just wanna point out that "consistency" = how often your playing and endurance= how long your playing for at a time. So saying those two things are more important than "sheer hours spent" is pretty contradictory because they are essentialy 1 and the same. The casual player isnt going to make squat and also gonna have a hard time progressing running 15-30m a day and that's an issue to alot of folks.
I understand the whole damned if you do damned if you don't mindset sts probably has on issues like this but the reality is a ton of players have already given up on the expansion and that is a bummer to say the least.

Consistency in my book is making that 15 minutes a daily commitment, not an on and off thing. Endurance is more than the physical aspect of this commitment, but the mental durability as well, to make progress however small, however tedious the process, however boring, and not giving up.

And there are many types of casual playing. If your idea of casual playing is log on for 10 minutes to check CS and chat with guildies then log off, yes you will, as you put it, make squat. There are also peiple whose idea of casual playing is to pick up the game while standing in line at the bank or wherever and do one run. The points still add up. It's a matter of choice.