PDA

View Full Version : beta town

themars
09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

When I was talking with cappinclutch about our naked beta runs from the day before, we were both thinking about the good old times in the closed beta where we had some wonderful days. And I'm sure many others will agree.

Now we were also talking about the some annoying people (sorry I'm saying this) who sometimes really get us so angry we need to ignore them.

So what's the point? I had the idea to make a beta town where we could isolate ourself or come together cause its a hard time to gather all the beta players together nowadays. That town just looks the same as blackstar and there are no other advantages to be there instead to be in the normal towns.

Just a town where we could meet eachother a lot easier than we need to do now.

What u guys think about this idea? Any similar ideas?

(Please tell me when I need to correct some sentences ;))

Cahaun
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
CLOSED BETA FTW!!! I am with this idea! It will be nice to do runs with my friends in an isolated area. (dreaming of the beta era) :)

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 05:59 PM
But....but...isn't there already a guild for only beta users and runs can be password-protected. I dunno; I'm not a beta user so I don't know how you feel, but I'm always a little sad when there's another way in the game to isolate groups. Whether it's the group that's doing the isolating or the group that's being isolated from it's still a little sad-making. Your mileage, as always, may vary.

bronislav84
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
They might have a hard time figuring out who was in the beta to allow access or not. Depends on if there is a system in place for the Devs to figure out when an account first created a character.

Not a bad idea, but sadly I'm sure the majority of beta players have quit. Those who haven't, well we know who we are and know each other.

SuperNas
09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Then they might as well separate Android users and apple users than....

Not that they should or would ever consider such a thing....aha

BodMaster
09-27-2011, 06:58 PM
@ Thes, I do like/love the idea but that's probably due to me being one of these first beta.. though I do understand what Canon is saying good idea but doubt the devs would implement this into the game.

@ Bron, There is most likely a system put in place already for what you stated, this was used in PL for the Beta guys.there at the time of Beta Vanity :)

Would be great to pop in a town with all closed beta, im sure theres alot more that still play from beta era that we do not get to connect with or have just been passing each other without even realizing due to time zones etc. However I also like/love the members that joined in open beta and then full release.

Im sure Devs would be declined to go through that whole founders crown outrage in PL. (And this is not just an item)

Overall good intentions that I doubt would be added but one always 'Thes you wish' ;)

CappinClutch
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM
dang I was a lil late to the party and was just in the process of doing some screenshots as an example of what we are talking about in this post...so what's better than a post about a beta town...? two posts about a beta town!!! INCOMING!!!

kamikazees
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Sort of like a town that's separate, but equal? I thought we got past that in the 60s.

Silentarrow
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm against this. Being an Apple user, I think that beta players really don't need extra features. They already got to play the game a couple of months more than us.

Cahaun
09-28-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm against this. Being an Apple user, I think that beta players really don't need extra features. They already got to play the game a couple of months more than us.
We just want a beta reunion. Please stop the Apple excuse. You should be arguing at apple for that. Sorry just vented a bit. :p

Silentarrow
09-28-2011, 06:12 AM
We just want a beta reunion. Please stop the Apple excuse. You should be arguing at apple for that. Sorry just vented a bit. :p

Make an all beta guild as suggested before?

Cahaun
09-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Make an all beta guild as suggested before?
We are doing it a bit. KOTOR is something of the like. So far my alt in it is lvl 14-5 in it. I can't remember. KOTOR ign is Hiokafie.

BodMaster
09-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Same im an officer in KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) hehe Lvl 16.

octavos
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Same im an officer in KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic) hehe Lvl 16.

Heres the link on forum
KOTOR Im Revan :p (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33864-Ultimate-Beta-Guild)

Kraze
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
So how many of these threads you guys going to make? I guess it's a good thing the pl community was a lot more open and welcoming to the droid users