PDA

View Full Version : Longer leash for mobs?

Downwithnotts
11-30-2016, 06:36 AM
Howdy, two issues ive come up with running the new maps.

The leash on mobs in the new maps is extremely short, i feel that they reset way too easily, is this only me? Any reason for the leash being so much shorter than in other maps?

Also for tanks that actually like to lead and prepare the next pulls, a very important skill which defines whether someone is a good tank or not, if we go just a little too far we dont get those points from mobs killed.

Basically if i go further than the range of two axe pulls i wont get the points for mob kills, this is basically forcing the tank to hang around till all mobs are killed instead of being useful and preparing the next pull.

Is this intended? If yes, why?

Personally id prefer the mobs having a longer leash and the range at which you still get points from mobs to be extended far enough so that we can easily reach the next pull and prepare it without worrying about not getting any points.

Eriel Delgado
11-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Agree i also noticed the short leash that masso maps and graveyard mobs have. they need to increase the range that they can be pulled cause sometimes it feels we need to stop too many times in small patches.

Energizeric
11-30-2016, 06:06 PM
This issue has come up in the past, and the result of them making the leash longer is higher ping and more disconnections. This was an issue when the Planar Tombs was released, and the only way to make it better was to shorten the leashes of the mobs. I guess big mobs in one spot create more stress on the servers.

Carapace
11-30-2016, 06:07 PM
As Energizeric has mentioned it is a performance issue. Sorry guys and gals!

Downwithnotts
12-02-2016, 08:25 PM
As Energizeric has mentioned it is a performance issue. Sorry guys and gals!

Maybe allow points to be received even while staying further away? Thats still an issue even if mob leash range stays the same.