PDA

View Full Version : Help

Blakout
09-27-2011, 08:09 PM
So im on a 2 or 3 bar connection and my ping suddenly goes up ALOT and its very laggy. I try and shoot a mob and like 30 seconds later I hit it. Is there something wrong with the engine in SL or do i need to reinstall the app? Please help im very sad i cant play the bestest...est game in the world

ScarecrowWolf
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I would reinstall the app first.

My connection is weird. During the day my connection is crap and at night my connection is good. Yours might be the same.

CanonicalKoi
09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm assuming you're on a phone, but if not this may still apply--are you running anything in the background? If you are on a phone, do you have push notifications for email or other programs enabled? Any other apps running in the background like music? Locator app running in the background? Anything lke that?

Aikiebo
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I have the worse ping in the world. Lag spikes beyond belief. Others here will have good ideas. But, my 611 provider and tech support has been wonderful for me. But I don't know if you will have the same experience.

Blakout
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Ok thanks u guys <3

Rob Prose
09-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I've encountered this before as well I usually just restart the app first and if that doesn't work I restart my device.

Matutd
09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
If u are using wifi then sometimes throughout the day there are `peak times` where more people from the same service provider are using their broadband and slowing down everybodies connection.
if you are encountering this problem with 3g, or most of the time (not just peak times) then maybe try to restart the app or reinstall, if that is still a problem it may be a good idea to contact ur service provider and describe the situation. it could possibly be a problem on their side.
if that fails then maybe you just need to be closer to ur router