PDA

View Full Version : New Solution to [unfair] Kiting and Running!

Buddyf97
09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Suggestion: Have a slightly decreased run speed when running backwards
This run speed will solve many problems inside pvp today. Some Examples:

Crossbow SKILL Kiting: Birds use crossbows with a 13/14m range therefore making their skills 13/14m compared to the tank's ONE 12m skill. (Capitalized one to point out the distinct disadvantage of bears to be discussed another day) Then the bird can just stay 13-14m away from the bear and get free shots. (I have nothing against kiting auto attacks, it's just kiting 12m skills with an xbow that gets me angry)

Running: If the character is running in the opposite direction of the character they can easily get away with the same speed. But if we reduce the speed of the one running away the other can catch up and get revenge!

In conclusion, I believe when you are within 15m or so of your target and start running in the opposite direction they have a reduced speed to create a more fair pvp!

Feedback and opinions are greatly appreciated!

WhoIsThis
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Kiting and running are perfectly valid tactics in PvP. People who call it out are generally the same types of people who called people out for using drainers. They need to feel better about themselves given that they have just been handily outplayed in match.

I think that your intentions are pure, but that you are trying to solve a problem that really doesn't exist.

Nourish
09-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I've never been kited really cuz I haven't pvpd on my 56 bear for long. So I can't agree with it nor disagree

AdinoEznite
09-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Suggestion: Have a slightly decreased run speed when running backwards
This run speed will solve many problems inside pvp today. Some Examples:

Crossbow SKILL Kiting: Birds use crossbows with a 13/14m range therefore making their skills 13/14m compared to the tank's ONE 12m skill. (Capitalized one to point out the distinct disadvantage of bears to be discussed another day) Then the bird can just stay 13-14m away from the bear and get free shots. (I have nothing against kiting auto attacks, it's just kiting 12m skills with an xbow that gets me angry)

Running: If the character is running in the opposite direction of the character they can easily get away with the same speed. But if we reduce the speed of the one running away the other can catch up and get revenge!

In conclusion, I believe when you are within 15m or so of your target and start running in the opposite direction they have a reduced speed to create a more fair pvp!

Feedback and opinions are greatly appreciated!

i thot you were a kiter buddyf?

in any case i think this is a solution thats long over due
birds could still kite with some success due to repulse shot even with the slower speed, it would just take more timing

just saying tho this wont fix ppl from running away...because they can just stop auto and turn around and run

Otukura
09-27-2011, 11:41 PM
i thot you were a kiter buddyf?

in any case i think this is a solution thats long over due
birds could still kite with some success due to repulse shot even with the slower speed, it would just take more timing

just saying tho this wont fix ppl from running away...because they can just stop auto and turn around and run

Kiting takes skill though. I don't see it as a problem, some random noob can't just kite right off the back. Easy to learn, hard to master. Running someone's buffs is a different thing, but that's not what this is about.

Salutee
09-27-2011, 11:53 PM
If I remember right, there was a time back in ao2 when you ran backwards you would get slowed down. The character would turn and shoot so when you ran backwards the character run then turn to shoot. I don't know for sure though.

Otukura
09-27-2011, 11:54 PM
If I remember right, there was a time back in ao2 when you ran backwards you would get slowed down. The character would turn and shoot so when you ran backwards the character run then turn to shoot. I don't know for sure though.

It did turn and shoot, but I don't think it ever slowed down. That was changed mid sewers.