PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates for non glyph lvl 56- lvl 60 pink items

stevieoopsie
09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I generally don't farm a lot but having farmed a bit in nuri I noticed that the drop rates of non-glyph (here I will call generic) pinks have gone down significantly. During the whole time that I farmed last weekend, I got 3 glyph items and at least 10 expensive crafting parts and only 2 generic pinks.

I wonder if the game designers have adjusted down the drop rates of these items (which are almost just as good as glyph items except they aren't as good looking and have a few less armor points), seeing that prices have dropped to the low levels that they are trading at.

I need further evidence from other players to help me confirm on this, so please let me know you if you have noticed a similar pattern while farming.

If, however, what I said is true, I think prices of these items are currently over depressed given that supply will drop dramatically. (i hate market timing but the pocket legends economy is too inefficient that none of the items i have observed even trade at future prices)

Glyph item prices are around a few million per piece, which is unaffordable for most lvl 60s, not every high level is a multi-millionaire after all, and not every lvl 60 needs a glyph set; besides looking pretty and boosting your armor points by 10 (which makes very little difference in combat) they are hopelessly cost-ineffective.

Further proof to my thesis is the price of crafting parts. Currently most armor parts go for 100k, blade steel go for 300k. To craft a complete set you need more than 7 million just for the components alone. These crafting parts are massively overpriced given that the demonic sets offer very little added benefits beyond the original glyph ones and that it is so easy to get them - I estimated that a 5 member party can get one every 2 games, which is a drop rate much higher than the drop rate of generic lvl 60 pinks.

Why it makes sense to buy some generic pinks now and sell your crafting parts - Here first I'm going to assume that demand for generic pinks is higher than that of crafting parts (very few people can afford to craft demonic sets and most who cannot don't even plan on doing it), given that to equip a character it takes roughly 45 - 60 parts or only 3 pieces of generic armor (means demand for parts should be less than 15 times demand for generic armor for each character) - I think each crafting component should trader at below 15 times the price of each generic pink.

Currently these parts sell at 60k - 400k each, and the generic pinks trade at 800 - 300, which means the price ratio between parts and generic pinks is actually around 100. Supply of parts should continue to increase exponentially, while supply of generic pinks should see a drastic decline (if drop rates have been adjusted) and stabilize later on.

The bottom line is, parts should trade at much less what their prices are today and generic pinks should be higher. For those of you who are trying to protect your money from inflation, I would suggest that you do an arbitrage trade - sell parts and buy generic pinks.

Disclosure - I've purchased around 200 cheap pinks and sold all my parts.

Conradin
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I definately think the generic pink items have a nerfed drop rate. As for the fact that demonic sets are hard to get, i like that- its a challenge to get the best gear. Generic pink should drop more thougj as you said, nit everybody can afford a glyph set.

Whirlzap
09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Remember, how long did it take for sewer prices to be stabilized?
Nuri is new, give it time to stabilize! Remember when we all thought Shadow Cave pinks were worth nothing and then ka-boom?
Yup.
That.
Is.
What.
Will.
EVENTUALLY. Happen.
I suspect Glyph will be around 750k-1mil a piece, due to overfarming and new Mount Fang Stuff.
Demonic will be worth a few hundred k more. Generic pinks around 50k-200k.
And then craft stuff will MOST LIKELY, like sewers, be given daily quests and be worth 10k or so.

Kelstrick
09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
@Stevie, I noticed last night in CS that the "junk pink" prices had moved from less than 1K to around 10k and some of the gear trading between 10 & 20K moved up to 100K. I hope you're able to ring the cash register on stash of pinks you accumulated. Of course I was running on 4 hours of sleep, so if I might have misplaced a decimal point in my quick shopping trip. :smile:

@Whirlzap, this is my first "end game". Is there precedence for the craft stuff to go from a random drop to a daily quest? Reading your post it appears thats how it went in the Sewers but I didn't want to make a false assumption that was what had previously happened.

stevieoopsie
10-01-2011, 02:57 AM
Will keep holding my junk pinks until they trade at a level consistent with what I believe to be economically optimal relative to crafting ingredients.

Edit: already sitting on 2 mil of paper profits. If I sell now all that will be gone given the sudden amount of excess supply injected into the market and transaction costs.