PDA

View Full Version : Global Notifications

Kingofninjas
12-02-2016, 04:50 PM
@devs

Please remove some of the more spam like global notifications like 5 minute updates as to when king Northal is going back to sleep. One notification at 30 minutes and another at 5 minutes is more than enough imo. Also, most players don't really care when someone loots a northal vanity or Antignome item. It's very annoying when we are in pvp and this notification blared in our face taking up a third of the screen.

blazerdd
12-02-2016, 05:32 PM
We still "crap" on people who loot skull backpacks from gold lovecraft chests, lol. Brings a spontaneous conversation in gc that most people enjoy imo.

Suentous PO
12-02-2016, 06:18 PM
After the " A player has looted a..." message I'd yell in town

"Screw that guy, he owes me money!!!"

Avaree
12-02-2016, 06:56 PM
@devs

Please remove some of the more spam like global notifications like 5 minute updates as to when king Northal is going back to sleep. One notification at 30 minutes and another at 5 minutes is more than enough imo. Also, most players don't really care when someone loots a northal vanity or Antignome item. It's very annoying when we are in pvp and this notification blared in our face taking up a third of the screen.

In pvp i can see why this would be irritating, maybe they can implement pvp/pve global notes?

Mdy
12-02-2016, 07:50 PM
This also seems to be quite an issue for me when focusing on the game itself. But seemingly there are others who have opposite kind of views. I think It would be fair if devs introduce a global notification setting in options.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
12-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Also, id like to mute all maridos, tyvm

Kingofninjas
12-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(i just wanna state what i think and i hope i don't cause any problems )

i think that the reason why devs did the global notification is because of the complains that from the players..

before when i was actively running northal and cryostar it breaks my heart that after so many ankhs and time we took and the boss life is half way dead the portal will just close without notice...

this caused a numerous complains to the dev and to show that they listened they did a global notification like that to help the players. Plus another reason why the notice is programmed to appear every X minutes is because not all players are online all the time so having notification to pop out can inform a player if they should still run nortal/cryostar or just wait for the next awaken.

for glinstone equipment... a lot of players complained that the loot rate of this items is almost close to impossible to loot (because its super rare specially before the anti-gnome event was released)

so the notification is provided for players to give them a heads up that some players are looting it...

i don't find it bothersome though, it kinda motivates me to farm it atleast i know that the drop rate is high

I understand your point. This is why I suggested maybe one notification at 30 minutes for cryostar and another at 5 minutes. That should be sufficient time to plan whether to run another or not.

Maybe an option to turn it off or on like we got with the smart chat would be a solution for players on both ends of the spectrum.

Ninthplague
12-03-2016, 01:27 AM
Not everyone is online when cryostar or northal notification is sent, and its still fun reading someone looted northal throne or raw core.

kinzmet
12-03-2016, 02:43 AM
A solution is to make an option in the setting to disable global messages, because the devs made it for a purpose.

Faliziaga
12-03-2016, 02:55 AM

Haha, yes...
I agree, the long detailed notifications are annoying to me, too. I don't need to read a novel about either my vanity weapons or about the current state of King Northal. That makes me also miss some info from chat box sometimes. An option to turn off notifications would be highly appreciated.

Hail
12-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Agree with you 100%. I honestly couldn't care less if a stranger loots something, and two warnings at 30 minutes and 5 minutes is enough for people to decide if they can finish a run or not. If notifications were blocked in pvp, that would be great (excluding maintenance warnings).

As for the spamming backpack looters... that was horrible getting +100 messages within a few seconds.

extrapayah
12-03-2016, 09:22 AM
make it as an option, just like how we can choose which type of alerts we want to be notified, pop up message should be the same

Kingofninjas
12-03-2016, 01:15 PM
A solution is to make an option in the setting to disable global messages, because the devs made it for a purpose.

The only set back to this is, like Hail said, knowing about maintainnce updates is still useful to most and I wouldn't want to miss out on those by turning off he notifications.

nevercan
12-04-2016, 04:46 PM
The only set back to this is, like Hail said, knowing about maintainnce updates is still useful to most and I wouldn't want to miss out on those by turning off he notifications.

treu but there will Always be ppl that have will have that announcing thing on and then if you woud hae tuned i off and you are in an active guild most likely someone will say it there like i people always do.

Kingofninjas
12-05-2016, 03:56 AM
treu but there will Always be ppl that have will have that announcing thing on and then if you woud hae tuned i off and you are in an active guild most likely someone will say it there like i people always do.

I don't like to rely on others for things I can easily do or find out myself.

Epw
12-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Yes, please!