PDA

View Full Version : Auction slots

kevin0905
09-27-2011, 11:55 PM
i see that it costs 75 plat for 10 slots at the cheapest, or 7.5 plat per slot.
am i the only one who makes a new character for 5 plat for an auction slot to save plat?

Otukura
09-27-2011, 11:58 PM
It's a pain to swap through 50 characters to be able to sell everything though.

JaytB
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah, it's as otu said already, switching Chars is a pain. Especially when you're serious about selling loads of stuff on a daily basis. I have 52 cs slots that are filled most of the time, I wouldn't want to switch chars for each item I have to sell. If you want to save plat and have no problem switching chars a lot, I'd say it's a good way to save some plat. For the real powersellers out there, it would be an inconvenience though IMO :)

Neffy
09-28-2011, 02:45 AM
I only have 11 slots and that's only because I don't have the money to buy more at the moment. Buying auction slots would be a good investment! :)

Zaltiar
09-28-2011, 03:09 AM
It's a pain to swap through 50 characters to be able to sell everything though.

@^ amen. I cant be bothered to keep switching to different toons to check cs, change prices, buy items etc.
I usually stick with one toon who does all the merching. life is much easier.

Ixillicus
09-28-2011, 05:47 AM
It's been said, but switching characters is annoying, its much easier to pay the extra to have access to all slots at the same time.

Singleteddy
09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
If you're serious about merchanting (merchanting for a living) and want to sell lots of items, you need to pay for the slots. Switching between chars takes so much time that you could probably make more money through farming than through merching. I think there's also a brand name effect that can work in your favor if you list enough goods and set reasonable prices.

If you just want to try ouut merchanting or only list a few, expensive items, then, sure, you can just list an item on each char.