PDA

View Full Version : I'm genuinely mad...........

dudetus
09-28-2011, 07:16 AM
It seems that i mispelled the price to 110k instead of 1.1m so nvm ppl...

Navygreen
09-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah that sucks. What was the error you received? 1mill is a lot to lose out on. Hang in there, im sure you'll be ok.

Doubletime
09-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Give support time to look into it and see if they can help. Everything gets logged in-game so there is a record of it. I am sure support can hook you up. Just remember the support guys work regular hours like the rest of us and can't always respond 24 hrs a day. If you have more questions or want to chat with some one, you should be able to do that through the support tab on the left side fo the page.

As for something like that happeneing to me - no. But if you are close to the gold cap for a particular toon (9,999,999) then you shouldn't be able to complete a sale that would put you over that cap causing a loss of gold.

Good luck

Zaltiar
09-28-2011, 07:24 AM
clam down bruvva. send an email to sts, they'll look over this issue :)

Fairy
09-28-2011, 07:40 AM
I often get an error msg when I complete my sales in cs. Idk if I get the money or not, cos these are most of the time small amounts. I think its an issue. But the other question is.... Where is all the money?

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Hum... You wouldn't happen to have your gold capped out would you?

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 09:41 AM
I often get an error msg when I complete my sales in cs. Idk if I get the money or not, cos these are most of the time small amounts. I think its an issue. But the other question is.... Where is all the money?

Ever watched Superman 3 ?

dudetus
09-28-2011, 09:45 AM
No I don't haven't reached the gold cap I have 1.2m atm and if I had those 1.1m, I would then have 2.3m and the gold cap is that 10m if I'm right so it can't be because of that...

darkfussion
09-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I have got the same error message and I have to lost 50-100k why'll collecting out if the cs. I don't really know what happen, but I had about 7 items in cs and I collect real fast and got the error message a few times

Colborne
09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Sry dudetus I bot ur item in cs for 110k. U listed it wrong. Maybe u forgot zero but that's not my Problem. I bot for 110k and resold for 1mil. Ur mess up not games

dudetus
09-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh well good to know that it wasn't the games fault then but my own. Oh well...

JaytB
09-28-2011, 11:00 AM
I have got the same error message and I have to lost 50-100k why'll collecting out if the cs. I don't really know what happen, but I had about 7 items in cs and I collect real fast and got the error message a few times

If it was the 'an error occurred' message, I sent an E-mail to the devs about that a while back. It's when you complete sales too quick. The client basically sends a second request to the server, while the first one is still processing. Devs assured me there's no gold loss when this occurs, and they would work on a fix to prevent this type of message in the future :)

csb
09-28-2011, 11:12 AM
If it was the 'an error occurred' message, I sent an E-mail to the devs about that a while back. It's when you complete sales too quick. The client basically sends a second request to the server, while the first one is still processing. Devs assured me there's no gold loss when this occurs, and they would work on a fix to prevent this type of message in the future :)

Ok, thanks. I was going to get my calculator out and check if I was losing money when I get that message. Now, I don't have to do that experiment.

JaytB
09-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok, thanks. I was going to get my calculator out and check if I was losing money when I get that message. Now, I don't have to do that experiment.

Funny, cause that was exactly what I did when they told me how to reproduce it (completing sales quickly). And yeah, nothing was lost :)

csb
09-28-2011, 11:19 AM

In other games i would buy the item and then send you a mail message asking if you made a mistake and offer to sell it back for the same price. As a seller, I have made this mistake in the past. Unfortunately, we can't send messages to people who are not online. The messaging limitation in PL makes it rather difficult to rectify this sort of thing.

Also, you can see the name of the person that bought the item. You can message that person. But, in my experience, 90% of the time you will get something like, "your loss is my gain!".

Ellyidol
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM

Yeah this sounds right. My device sends a completed sale twice, so I get the money twice too :D

I'm kidding.

Colborne
09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Alls I got to say is dang!!! And I'm sorry:(

mrnofunz
09-28-2011, 11:29 AM
I seriously would have given him a fair price and or returned the item...not cool.

Navygreen
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I just saw the edit... Wow...

Be more careful next time!

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM

Waiting for the "Made the deal of a lifetime thread". lol Sorry.

Colborne
09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I seriously would have given him a fair price and or returned the item...not cool.
Lesson to be learned be careful before u hit sell item. Why should I give back his item. I don't understand that. I made same mistake 2 days ago with a recipe. Demonic glyph helm for bird. I checked cs listed at 200k and it sold in seconds only for me to find out that the archer one wS actually 900k. It happens. Suck it up and move on

Ixillicus
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Lesson to be learned be careful before u hit sell item. Why should I give back his item. I don't understand that. I made same mistake 2 days ago with a recipe. Demonic glyph helm for bird. I checked cs listed at 200k and it sold in seconds only for me to find out that the archer one wS actually 900k. It happens. Suck it up and move on

I think that while he may feel disappointed he lost out on the money, but it's important to be careful to post the correct price. Once you list it, it's too late, no takebacks.

LwMark
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
U kan go bakk an cancel an take it out of cs..but idk wen yu realized yu did..mayb after yu sold it??lol..an he shouldnt hav to return it at all..yul b fine :)

csb
09-28-2011, 01:43 PM
On a side note... What would happen if someone listed an item with a very low price, and two people seeing the price pressed the buy at exactly the same time? I have bought many items, and have never gotten a message saying the item was already sold. I have refreshed and seen items disappear from the list. But, once it shows up in the list, I have never been denied the purchase.

kevin0905
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
On a side note... What would happen if someone listed an item with a very low price, and two people seeing the price pressed the buy at exactly the same time? I have bought many items, and have never gotten a message saying the item was already sold. I have refreshed and seen items disappear from the list. But, once it shows up in the list, I have never been denied the purchase.
i think the person with the better connection to the server gets it first

Navygreen
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM

Well lets hope STS has the proper error handling in place in case something like this happens. Lol. Might even crash the game if the code has nowhere to turn for handling the error. Im not sure, would be interesting lol.

Anyway, im not sure the person should have to give the item back. I think that, morally, they may want to do the right thing and say "here, no hard feelings. have it back." But to be realistic, it probably won't happen like that. Just be careful next time. :)

Battlelock
10-01-2011, 08:12 PM

This happened to me a few days ago but mine was more of a game mechanics issue than human error. Give STS an email and they might help you out.

As far as the buyer is concerned, he knew it was an error and should have had the common courtesy to inform you of your mistake and given you the option of buying it back. His actions and comments on the situation are nothing short of low and disgusting. It's players like him that take the fun and respect out of the game.

I wish you luck in the future and hope this hasn't ruined your opinion of the game.

Pakax
10-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Waiting for the "Made the deal of a lifetime thread". lol Sorry.

hahahahahahahaha !!!

Misdemeanour
10-02-2011, 05:19 AM

sorry to hear that.

Whilst you shouldn't have to return the item, a little empathy wouldn't go astray regardless of whether it's happened to you before or not.