PDA

View Full Version : Pay It Forward Guild - A Side Project.

Ebalere
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Pay It Forward!

I had this idea last night after reading a few threads concerning a longing for the old Beta days, and just reading general complaints about begging, immaturity, and noobyness in general. This is a side project, I am still very much involved in Knights of Cydonia and will still be very dedicated to my family of Knights.

Our Mission:

To have a moderately sized group of helpful, knowledgable, and experienced players xp locked at lower levels to better help new players learn the ropes. The reason I choose xp locked members only is because I didn't make this guild to boost unexperienced players to lv.30. I made it so people like myself can teach these newer members the ins and outs of Star Legends, while still only being a helpful contribution to a team, and not be completely overpowering. This will allow the newer player a chance to learn their skills and combos and the basics of their class, while still having the guidance and knowledge of a seasoned veteran at their disposal.

How We Work

I ask that everyone who wants to join this guild come prepared with their own equips, stims, etc. This is a non-profit organization. There will be no fancy guildhall, there will be no guild stash, we won't have any officers (Unless I believe the person will follow the strict recruiting guidelines I will be following.), and we will all have a good basic knowledge of the game and experience necessary to help with anything a new player might need to know. This guild will be a big brother, an information desk, and friendly assistance whenever you see one of us standing in Blackstar.

We will be EXP locked at level 15, to encourage the new players we are helping to do their part, and not just do all the hard work for them. Also, we are here to help newer players, so we will be helping lv.15's and under in Cycorp dungeons and below. We all know boosting isn't helping anyone, and I'm hoping that we can teach people the game and basic rules and info, and when finished, encourage them that they Pay It Forward and help their fellow gamer the way we helped them. Hopefully this leads to a more helpful and skilled community in general.

Our Other Agendas

In the midst of helping newer players learn the ropes, I also ask that all members do their best to extinguish any flames or trolling in towne instances, report vulgar language, foul names, and obscene behaviour. If you see a beggar, offer to do some runs with them, and teach them how to earn it themselves. Besides that, just generally keep Blackstar a happy healthy environment for everyone to enjoy. Pay It Forward is here to help in any way possible to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone, and improve the experience for veterans and newbies alike.

We can also use Pay It Forward to do giveaways and gear handouts to the less fortunate players in need of good equips. I encourage members of all guilds to donate your unwanted level 15 and under good gear for this cause. I also ask that all guild members offer up their drops to the people they are running with, as stated before, this is for people that have already accomplished their own personal goals in SL, and are well off enough that they don't need the gear they will be dropping.

How I Recruit / Rules

- As stated above, you must have an EXP locked character at level 15.

- This character must be purpose built, with a name that pertains to being a helpful person, i.e. Helpinghand, Infobooth, Assistance, etc.. this means a new character slot must be available. You may join prior to hitting 15, but *MUST* xp lock at 15 or I will have to remove you.

- I deem Engis the most useful in this guild as they are more of a support class, and this is a support guild. Keeping the newer players safe as you teach them the ins and outs of this wonderful MMO is key. Other classes will be welcome as well, just throwing it out there. Remember, we want these people to still fight for themselves.

- You must be a benefit to the community. I don't want a bunch of people joining because they think it makes them look good, I want people who genuinely feel good about helping new players, and enjoy doing so.

- I ask that all potential recruits have a high level main, and be highly knowledgable of at least one class in SL. I also ask that you don't use enhancers except for luck and armor, as they don't speed up runs. Remember, we're not boosters.

- This guild will not be a huge guild and our primary focus is helping people new to Star Legends, so things such as promotions, inviting friends, and usual guild associated issues will be null.

- I ask that you have stims and proper gear on hand and represent the guild well, as there is no point in being here if you can't do your job.

- There will be absolutely NO tolerance to fighting, arguing, trolling, flaming, guild bashing, elitism, or any sort of drama within the guild.

- As this is a side project, I would hope everyone still fulfills their duties in their main guilds. That being said, checking in as often as possible is a plus.

- After helping a new player get started and doing a few runs, showing them the ropes, encourage them to help new people as they learn too. Keeping the guild name meaningful is important. Encouraging a helpful playstyle also inadvertently teaches players to work for themselves, and generally improves their attitude when they play, leading to less aggressive and rude people in general.

Member List

Main Character/PIF Character - Rank, Class
Ebalere/Information - Guildmaster, Engineer
Cappinclutch/cappinkiosk - Officer, Commando
Eyeofnewt/Eyesupport - Officer, Engineer
Thequickone/Helpdesk - Officer, Engineer
Bodmaster/Bodhelps - Officer, Engineer
Vampire/Emergency - Member, Engineer
Matutd/Infoguy - Member, Operative
Zraoizer/thehelper - Member, Operative
Rodvik/Fouroneone - Member, Engineer
Dracula/Altruist - Member, Engineer
Starkiss/Advocate - Member, Engineer
Sassinya/Helpinya - Member, Engineer
Javiermadriz/Javierinfo - Member, Commando
Gigabits/Bitsohelp - Member, Engineer
Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Member, Operative
Skavenger/T.B.A. - Member, Commando

Any potential recruits feel free to PM me, add "Information" or "Ebalere" in game, or post below. Anyone new to the game and in need of assistance, please do the same or add anyone from the member list, or keep an eye out for a Pay It Forward member in game.

Thanks for checking us out, see ya in game!

Draco Mikato
09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Good movie :) someone in real life helped me and asked me to pay it forward. I still haven't found a way to do it, special enough that they cannot do it themselves...

Anyway, I'm interested. I'LLC have a character ready later today. Since I have a support Eng as my main, it'll be perfect. Good luck :)

Dracula
09-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Altruism eh...I like it. I'll donate an alt. Add any of the following: Cracula - Eng, Smackula - Com or Bushwhackula - OP. My main is Dracula if you'd like to speak with me in game.

Best of luck to your noble cause Ebalare.

Ebalere
09-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Altruism eh...I like it. I'll donate an alt. Add any of the following: Cracula - Eng, Smackula - Com or Bushwhackula - OP. My main is Dracula if you'd like to speak with me in game.

Best of luck to your noble cause Ebalare.

Hey, thanks Dracula, just one issue, I was hoping these would all be ground-up builds, with "help" inspired names. For example, my name is "Information". It just helps the newer players know that you're there to help, and that it was a preconceived notion. If you still want to join but dont want to remake a toon, we can still work something out. I'll add you in game. Thanks again, and thanks Draco.

Draco Mikato
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Got it. I'll make a new character themed after support and helping.

Made a new eng called Emergency lol

Matutd
09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
If its ok ill join... i have a lvl 30 operative and a lvl 26 commando so im quite experienced in SL. Ill have to make a new character first though :) Ill speak to u in game if u want :D

Ebalere
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Updated and added my first two members! I want about 10 before I get the ball rolling here.

thequickone
09-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Awesome idea. I already try to help out as much as possible, and have gotten some really great players added to one of the guilds I am a member of by doing so! I really like the idea of dedicating a character to the cause, and agree wholeheartedly with your rules. Please add "Helpdesk" (my new altruistic Engie) in-game, if you will have me.

By the way, I'm really shocked the name I chose wasn't taken! I think that means a focus on helping other players exclusively really was missing from the game. I tried "Troubleshooter" (kinda dual-meaning, right!) first, but the name was one character too long. ;)

Ebalere
09-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Awesome idea. I already try to help out as much as possible, and have gotten some really great players added to one of the guilds I am a member of by doing so! I really like the idea of dedicating a character to the cause, and agree wholeheartedly with your rules. Please add "Helpdesk" (my new altruistic Engie) in-game, if you will have me.

By the way, I'm really shocked the name I chose wasn't taken! I think that means a focus on helping other players exclusively really was missing from the game. I tried "Troubleshooter" (kinda dual-meaning, right!) first, but the name was one character too long. ;)

Hey Quick! We'd love to have you! I added you on Ebalere, I'll catch you in game soon! Btw troubleshooter is a wicked name. Maybe troubleshoot isn't taken if anyone needs ideas.

BodMaster
09-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Would be a pleasure! :D

Count me in buddy! Will make another alt today and try hit 15 asap :)

Amazing idea! Will help alot with all sort of reasons and all levels alike.. love helping players/members ig/on forums! And just teaching or advising the basic needs to move on and become a respected and overal knowledgable player ig/og :) (Must be from my Job role hehe)

Draco Mikato
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Having trouble already. Some newbies are starting off without a weapon or armor :indecisiveness:

Going around punching the enemies... when I tried to explain, they wouldn't answer. :( Can't help them all...

Blakout
09-29-2011, 09:18 AM
good luck ebalere!!! I hope this works out. I would join but i have to run my own guild. Best of luck, Blak0ut

BodMaster
09-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Having trouble already. Some newbies are starting off without a weapon or armor :indecisiveness:

Going around punching the enemies... when I tried to explain, they wouldn't answer. :( Can't help them all...

With this sort of 'Guild' in place, hopefully it help sort this kind of behavior/ignorance but I agree some people are going to ignore this until most realise later the information is very handy/heplful and will help with progression.

Defyduck
09-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey i like your idea and i would like to help too. Count me in if you like

Defyduck lvl31 Engineer

BodMaster
09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey i like your idea and i would like to help too. Count me in if you like

Defyduck lvl31 Engineer

Hey Defy, if its possible to make an alt (toon) with a name as support or a help related name that would be great! :)

Im working on mine to Level 15 as we speak :D

thequickone
09-29-2011, 11:20 PM
@Ebalere: Thanks for having me! Helpdesk is working his way up in levels, and is currently level 5. Don't let me forget to lock at 15! ;)

@BodMaster: I'm off to a rough start, too. Helpdesk was hanging out in B*, and was feeling a bit nervous with his new-found responsibility. A couple other players were having a conversation that should have been saved for private chat. When Helpdesk said so, he was essentially told to shove it... :eek: Oh, well. This ship's probably going to hit some rough water on its voyage!

I can see the Pay It Forward guild becoming the "light in the dark" for players in need. With enough time, experience, and exposure, players will begin to understand what the guild and its members are all about - help. It time, PIF (not so sure I like that acronym...) could become synonymous with help, and would be as useful and as sought after as the Visitor's Center at the mall or the white courtesy telephone at the airport. OK, bad examples, I know... :p

OK, here are some more creative help-inspired names: Concierge, Blackbutler (anyone else seen the anime?), Ayuda (there are quite a few Spanish-speaking players out there!)......that's all I've got right now. If anyone plans to take Troubleshoot, I think he/she should be an Op. Need a good name for an altruistic Com... Toolkit? Scout? Ranger?

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 03:26 AM
@Ebalere: Thanks for having me! Helpdesk is working his way up in levels, and is currently level 5. Don't let me forget to lock at 15! ;)

@BodMaster: I'm off to a rough start, too. Helpdesk was hanging out in B*, and was feeling a bit nervous with his new-found responsibility. A couple other players were having a conversation that should have been saved for private chat. When Helpdesk said so, he was essentially told to shove it... :eek: Oh, well. This ship's probably going to hit some rough water on its voyage!

I can see the Pay It Forward guild becoming the "light in the dark" for players in need. With enough time, experience, and exposure, players will begin to understand what the guild and its members are all about - help. It time, PIF (not so sure I like that acronym...) could become synonymous with help, and would be as useful and as sought after as the Visitor's Center at the mall or the white courtesy telephone at the airport. OK, bad examples, I know... :p

OK, here are some more creative help-inspired names: Concierge, Blackbutler (anyone else seen the anime?), Ayuda (there are quite a few Spanish-speaking players out there!)......that's all I've got right now. If anyone plans to take Troubleshoot, I think he/she should be an Op. Need a good name for an altruistic Com... Toolkit? Scout? Ranger?

Where were you when I needed you buddy??? haha, had a good long think about names, and mine ended up being... hmmm.. uberadvisor my hearts not set on it tho im level 7 (with no enhancers lol..) :p (Something like BodCanFixIt haha)

Yes that we are going to get alot of that, but I am more inclined to helping the players that say 'help', 'where can I buy weapons from' 'I have a problem with leveling *points* (Skill or Main Stats) etc.

Rather than trying to PM's certain members for content abuse etc though it shouldnt be left alone.. can only try your best, guess thats why we have SGs :) In this instance, Add Rauen, Ghost, IBNobody, Physiologic‎ (If there are anymore please forgive me :() if they are on im sure they would be happy to point 'these' members in the right direction ;)

thequickone
09-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Where were you when I needed you buddy??? haha, had a good long think about names, and mine ended up being... hmmm.. uberadvisor my hearts not set on it tho im level 7 (with no enhancers lol..) :p (Something like BodCanFixIt haha)
What about BodHelper? BodService? You're not too far in at level 7, and could always restart with a different name. You know you want to change your hairstyle, anyway! Hey, you'd even make a bit of extra Credits and stims if you did! ehem... not that I'm encouraging anything like that!! Ahhh.... hehehe. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I think you're right. Unwarranted help is still, well, unwarranted. We will not likely be viewed positively for offering such assistance. However, helping those in need that are asking for help will almost always be welcome, and should leave both parties feeling satisfied.

GigaBits
09-30-2011, 02:37 PM
I would like to get in on this, if possible. Have an engi available IGN bitsohelp lvl1. I have pretty much all my gear needs taken care of and am willing to lock her down at 15.

Thanks.

jenniebeans
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
First of all I would like to give kudos to Ebalere for starting this, it's a phenomenal idea. Secondly, I would like to say that I was on the Blackstar with Helpdesk and Emergency today while they were fielding questions and offering advice. They have the patience of saints! Good job and good luck to ALL of you that have signed up to do this!!

Draco Mikato
09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
First of all I would like to give kudos to Ebalere for starting this, it's a phenomenal idea. Secondly, I would like to say that I was on the Blackstar with Helpdesk and Emergency today while they were fielding questions and offering advice. They have the patience of saints! Good job and good luck to ALL of you that have signed up to do this!!

Stalker lol jk

People were looking at us like STS officials. O_o

thequickone
10-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Thank you for your kind words! It was nice chatting briefly with on B*. And I was very glad when Emergency jumped in to start answering questions. It was getting hard to keep up, which means there definitely was a need for this!

I don't think he chimed in again yet, but BodMaster has renamed Uberadvisor to Bodhelps and was on B* tonite, too! And yes, it really is BodMaster, in case anyone was wondering... Emergency, BodHelps, and Helpdesk even got in an impromptu guild gathering and one level of an xp run before the password-lock bug (reported) shut them down!

I'm sure you are all wondering how our little friend Helpdesk is doing, especially after his first nervous day. Well, he's doing fine, and was able to spend quite a bit of time answering questions (with help from Emergency and Bodhelps!) on B* for his second day. Don't worry, he's not nervous any more!

@ Draco: You are absolutely right. We were just about mistook for devs! One player even asked if I was the creator of the game! I'm not... Really. Guess I shouldn't wear my antennae!

The seas are still rough, however. One example from today: After I had asked a couple times if anyone had questions (not spamming, mind you), one player commented that for me, a level 5 character, to be asking others if THEY had questions was a bit strange. I explained that while Helpdesk was new, I had three other level 27+ characters and had been playing since limited beta. The player responded that I must not have much of a life! I said that was just mean and ended the conversation. We're likely going to keep getting this until our name precedes us. Now, that was only one example. There were far more positive examples than negative.

One thing surprised me a bit; the level of recognition the guild is already getting even without the banner of the guild icon and label. I was recognised by more than a couple fairly big names (including two Star Guards), some of which already knew about Helpdesk from the forums!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get the guild up and running. If needed, I could pick up a charter, start up the guild, and hand over the reins as soon as you're ready! Laters! ;)

EDIT: Almost forgot! We got our first guild donation. An anonymous member (unless they tell me they want the recognition) of the Sparkling Pwnies generously donated __________ to Helpdesk this afternoon! Thanks, bronies! :D

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:49): Removed specific reference to donation.

CappinClutch
10-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Cappinkiosk lmao!!! I"m down!

BodMaster
10-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Cappinkiosk lmao!!! I"m down!

Lmao love it buddy! :D

Well started off my day as BodHelps (full battery) went into the unknown which is B* (BlackStar) and had the same kind of responses as HelpDesk. Started of by asking if 'Anyone have SL questions please feel free to ask :)" got asked straight of the bat where do I buy weapons (a few of these though they were in guilds :/) I directed them to the Auction Terminal explaining the best methods to use the filter system and gear for their level. Had other questions such as 'What is this BBQ thing?' 'What does level mean on friends list?' (they had a message popping up saying they needed to level up to join friends) Are you a Dev?' 'Are you the Creator of the game?' (Responded with nope just a helpful experienced player) 'Auto Leveling' 'How do I get a shield? (Explained 26 Special, 28 Limited and 30 Modified) even Q's like 'Why wont my free Plat or TapJoy work?' (Explained what I knew about the subject also advising to go to support website and there are explanations and methods to help there also) and many many more! Everybody I helped said thank you and couldn't believe I just come on to help people.

One funny thing that stood out was the players asking the questions were a range from lvl 5-27. Which is quite interesting and after advising them that I was just a level 30 player they were quite surprised by my knowledge of tge game.

After a long few hours, said 'Bod out.. hope my advise helped, will catch you guys later' straight after the people that I helped were coming up to me PMn me with thanks and sending F/R also in main chat saying thanks for help :) felt like my morining was quite productive :) (Until then my Battery died! Lol)

One bad incident in which a Born to Kill Officer (meaning they could send me a guild request and because I declined I got this responce) told me 'F*** you' which I reported (Jaasisor) or something like that.

Overall though had a great deal of fun! :D

Defyduck
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Lmao love it buddy! :D

Well started off my day as BodHelps (full battery) went into the unknown which is B* (BlackStar) and had the same kind of responses as HelpDesk. Started of by asking if 'Anyone have SL questions please feel free to ask :)" got asked straight of the bat where do I buy weapons (a few of these though they were in guilds :/) I directed them to the Auction Terminal explaining the best methods to use the filter system and gear for their level. Had other questions such as 'What is this BBQ thing?' 'What does level mean on friends list?' (they had a message popping up saying they needed to level up to join friends) Are you a Dev?' 'Are you the Creator of the game?' (Responded with nope just a helpful experienced player) 'Auto Leveling' 'How do I get a shield? (Explained 26 Special, 28 Limited and 30 Modified) even Q's like 'Why wont my free Plat or TapJoy work?' (Explained what I knew about the subject also advising to go to support website and there are explanations and methods to help there also) and many many more! Everybody I helped said thank you and couldn't believe I just come on to help people.

One funny thing that stood out was the players asking the questions were a range from lvl 5-27. Which is quite interesting and after advising them that I was just a level 30 player they were quite surprised by my knowledge of tge game.

After a long few hours, said 'Bod out.. hope my advise helped, will catch you guys later' straight after the people that I helped were coming up to me PMn me with thanks and sending F/R also in main chat saying thanks for help :) felt like my morining was quite productive :) (Until then my Battery died! Lol)

One bad incident in which a Born to Kill Officer (meaning they could send me a guild request and because I declined I got this responce) told me 'F*** you' which I reported (Jaasisor) or something like that.

Overall though had a great deal of fun! :D

Nice to hear you helped new comers, they really need help to keep thier interest in the game and showing them that they are not laging behind from the game, coz thats the reason i dont play PL much.

I'll be up for it too as soon as possible

Cheers

Defyduck lvl31 Engineer

Sassinya
10-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I would very much like to join this "guild" with an alt engineer I have created named Helpinya. My main is currently a level 28 engineer named Sassinya, also proud officer of Dead Shot Mafia. I'm an android beta member who was shown the ropes by beta beta players and I would very much like to give back. Cappinclutch/Cappinkiosk knows me best and can tell you I am honest, trustworthy and play my class well. Thank you for your time and consideration. Hope to hear from you soon.

thequickone
10-02-2011, 10:51 PM
A few new things to report:

1) We have received our second donation! An anonymous member of Neon Genesis (again, unless they tell me they wish to receive credit for their donation) has graciously provided __________.

2) I have heard from a friend that someone with an in-game name like Guideline (can't recall clearly, so not 100% sure, but does seem help-inspired) was asking players if they had questions. My friend asked if this person was a part of PIF. Can anyone confirm if this person a member? Not that it matters, the help should be coming from more than just us! ;)

3) Helpdesk received a friend request from Bitsohelp tonight! The two of them then met up on B* for a brief "hello" and hand-shaking session. Welcome GigaBits, and your new helpful Engie, Bitsohelp! Our numbers are growing. Let's try to rally the troops under the new guild banner at the next opportunity!

That's all for now. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again; I'm really happy and excited to be a part of this guild and the effort. I can already feel the changes for the better! :o

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:52): Removed specific reference to donation.

Defyduck
10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Hello,Thequickone,the person GUIDELINE is my alt currently at lvl7(will lvlup soon).While leveling my other alts when need a break i switch to the guide coz i love to share experiences.On my first round it was not that succesfull but on the second round some other people also started helping.Its great now few people have started recognising the PIF service.Though i wanted to not to reveal my main IGN.

Cheers

Defyduck lvl 31 Engineer

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Awesome job Defy! And Giga! And also of course Quick :)

Guild/Help is building up and we are creating a nice little foundation for PiF, when I catch Eb online or his official guild see how we are going to progress and get the ball rolling with the Guild name so that it will become well known throughout SL. (Believe he maybe a little busy atm irl but will ask about)

Great job guys! Keep up good work! :D

thequickone
10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Hello,Thequickone,the person GUIDELINE is my alt currently at lvl7(will lvlup soon).While leveling my other alts when need a break i switch to the guide coz i love to share experiences.On my first round it was not that succesfull but on the second round some other people also started helping.Its great now few people have started recognising the PIF service.Though i wanted to not to reveal my main IGN.

Cheers

Defyduck lvl 31 Engineer
Welcome, Guideline! As you can see, news of your arrival spread like wildfire! Glad to have you on board. :)

I think we've all had at least one "not that successful" experience. I'm pretty sure people just don't believe someone has logged on to offer assistance rather than going off adventuring for themselves.

And as far as "wanted not to reveal my main IGN", please! Your arrival on the scene was prophesied ages ago, angels singing, trumpets blaring, and all that stuff... ;) No, in all seriousness, probably not many know that Information, Emergency, or Helpdesk are really seasoned veterans with high-level mains! BodHelps, on the other hand... yeah, that code's not exactly hard to crack. Well, he confused at least one player! :confused: Even if not many know now, the secret will be out once PiF takes off. Besides, anyone who reads the forums already knows who we are!

JazzBlue
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Been following this thread since it's inception, and hoping it took off like intended. Looks like things are getting off the ground nicely!

I ran into "Helpdesk" in one of the B*'s yesterday and had a chat with him for a while. Very professional, and quite nice to shoot the breeze with for a few.

I'm working on levelling my main up to 31 right now, but once I do that, I'll probably be spinning my wheels a bit, so I may jump in the mix and help out for a while too.

I like the whole idea behind this group, and I've already been doing similar things on my own for a while now. Nice to see it becoming a group effort!

Keep up the good work!

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
BodHelps, on the other hand... yeah, that code's not exactly hard to crack. Well, he confused at least one player! :confused:

Two known players Woop.. Defy and Elly :D

R.I.P. UberAdvisor... hello BodHelps! popped on earlier this morning tho got interrupted by them people im employed by.. grrr.. the cheek ;)

ExperimentNebulaCore
10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I pay it forward to a guy.... a 9 year old... now he begs me 24/7 cuz I payd it foward to him. CAUTION- pay it foward to a person can make them be your begger. :(

BodMaster
10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I pay it forward to a guy.... a 9 year old... now he begs me 24/7 cuz I payd it foward to him. CAUTION- pay it foward to a person can make them be your begger. :(

In some cases I agree fully.. tho.. feel it comes with the territory esp if they find out you have x amount of alts etc (had a few more than felt comfortable with.. but unfortunately its inevitable).

Though thanks for the heads up buddy its a good point :) Think the way Eb has worded the main post is great and says exactly what and what we aren't prepared to do as a guild.

(Personal opinions and giveaways are held down to that individuals main though)

GigaBits
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
It is the nature of any charity or npo to draw attention from people who are simply lazy or wish for a handout. The vast majority of people will not be like this and age(read:maturity) must be taken into account. As both more experienced and in some cases older(read: more mature) gamers we are responsible for showing these little gamer tykes the ropes. We cannot know if their parents are teaching them proper mmo etiquette and many of us had to learn along the way, as well.

It's a hard lesson to learn and to teach, as any parent knows, and does sometimes require you to say no and in some small cases being forceful.

I would recommend a warning to any beggers and an explanation of the meaning of "pay it foward". And, if needed, removal from a friends list, or ignoring. This should be the last step, of course, and never come without a warning and in-depth explanation of why the action is rude/incorrect.

And before anyone says anything about parental responsibility: I am not saying we are supposed to teach them good manners or act as surrogate parents, just that we should help them to understand morality as it exists in the virtual world. Children have a hard time understanding that line between fake and real and will make mistakes about what is and is not okay within the virtual world. That's my 2c worth anyway.

LelouchX
10-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Can't believe I'm just seeing this now! Eba u should have mentioned something to me sooner! I'm a passionate engi, so if still want more, count me in. Eyesupport has been made. Find me whenever you're free.

thequickone
10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi, everyone! I want to acknowledge a few more donations:
1. A friend and member of Serenity guild (such a cool name!) donated ________. This will help a lot once we all reach our guild level cap! ;)
2. One of our own has generously donated ________ to the cause!
3. I believe CappinKiosk was given ________, too! Not sure what or by whom, but every little bit helps!

Thank you all for your support! As always, I will avoid specific reference to the donating party, unless they tell me they wish to have that information disclosed.

Helpdesk is currently carrying ________ (two previously mentioned donations of ________ and a bit more from auction/liquidation of selected higher-than-level-15 items), as well as many donated/looted ________. I have purchased up to the maximum (500) inventory slots for him, so he's ready to haul all the stuff we'll either need ourselves or be giving away to deserving players-in-need.

I also want to say a general "thank you" to all those that have offered kind words of support, encouragement, and thanks for PIF members' effort when they see them on B*. It really means a lot to me to hear such sentiment, and makes me want to help even more.

One order of guild business: I want to gather the PIF troops under our guild banner. There are quite a few that have been active with the PIF effort, both here and in-game (most notably CappinKiosk and BodHelps, thanks guys!), whose place in the guild should be made official. Hey, Helpdesk is feeling a bit lonely in the guild hall, lately. :p

@Ebalere: I have an idea that should be saved for PM that I would like to run by you. Shoot me a PM here or in-game, unless I find the time first! :)

OK, that was longer-winded than expected... Helpdesk out! :D

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:58): Removed specific references to donations/Credits.

Ebalere
10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry I haven't been on much lately, when you spend so much time in B*, real life tends to pile up behind ya haha! I'll be in game later to get everything organized, and we can set up the new event I'm planning.

BodMaster
10-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Sorry I haven't been on much lately, when you spend so much time in B*, real life tends to pile up behind ya haha! I'll be in game later to get everything organized, and we can set up the new event I'm planning.

No probs buddy! Life always comes first :D will be good to have a chat about PiF and becoming a full fledged member of such a great cause :)

CappinClutch
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I hope our in game behavior is as contageous as an airborne pathogen cuz more people need to catch the selfless bug for real.

Sassinya
10-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm so sorry that I haven't been around much. Real life commitments ya know. But I'm definitely going to be on for at least an hour every night from now on. Got a house guest who will be here briefly to help me with my little bundle of joy. See you in game!

starsavior
10-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Lol ran into helpdesk today and man he's just so helpful.

thequickone
10-09-2011, 03:39 AM
Thank you so much! I try... :rolleyes: It was nice chatting with you and everyone else that was having a grand old time!

thequickone
10-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Now, a few quick items of guild-related business:

1. Got another donation! This one came from an anonymous seasoned veteran player (you know who you are!). I have decided to stop making mention of donation specifics. After all, it matters not what you give, only that you gave. Thanks again, you-know-who-you-are! ;)

2. We have a few new guild members. Again, you know who you are! I will not make you introduce yourselves if you do not want to. Welcome aboard!

3. Bod, where ya been! We've rounded up pretty much everyone but you. I know some guys may hesitate to express such sentiment, but I miss you out there, man! You know, even Helpdesk needs help, sometimes... What happen, you hurt both your thumbs, or something?! Gimme a shout when you're back on. :D

4. An interesting phenomenon appears to be developing. To avoid sounding offensive, I will refer to the individuals in question as "those that get excited about helping", rather than, ahhh... ehem, less desirable titles. These players get very excited around PIF members, have followed them from one base instance to another (even if not on their friend list), and on a couple occasions found their way past an admittedly too-simple password on a locked run (not funny). Repeated requests for a guild invite are also not uncommon. Until I am shown a specific example to prove otherwise, I am going to assume these individuals have good intentions. In fact, I see this as them learning to help other players, even if they are not doing it for all the right reasons. So long as they are providing accurate information and are behaving appropriately, I do not see why PIF would need to intervene. Maybe this is the first wave of paying it forward... :confused:

That's all for now.

Princesssa7508
10-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I joined yesterday, my toon in Pay it Forward is Advocate. I'm a Friend of Ebalere in Knights of Cydonia, and I'm planning to put the best effort to spent the time I need in Pay it Forward to learn as much as I can about Engineers since my main in koc is a commando. So that way I can help teach the new individuals to know their toon or toons like Ebalere/Information stated above. Wish us luck, and Eb I'm here for you.

--Starkiss/Advocate

starsavior
10-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Lol that was you? :)

Zraorizer
10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Ebalere I knew there is a bright side on you if you dont mind I could volunteer to help and send low level members to your idea teach them how to be officer by being respect oh and I will help you with one of my main characters and if you don't mind me joining as low level a username like zraorin just like zraorizer or if you want I could change it

CappinClutch
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I joined yesterday, my toon in Pay it Forward is Advocate. I'm a Friend of Ebalere in Knights of Cydonia, and I'm planning to put the best effort to spent the time I need in Pay it Forward to learn as much as I can about Engineers since my main in koc is a commando. So that way I can help teach the new individuals to know their toon or toons like Ebalere/Information stated above. Wish us luck, and Eb I'm here for you.

--Starkiss/Advocate

glad to have you on board! glad you got here and made it happen...see you in game!-Cappinkiosk

CappinClutch
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM

and I ran into YOU today and you gave me more items then I knew what to do with lol! thank you for all the donations...I assure you they will go to good deserving players.

CappinClutch
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I also had a random player donate 10k today and once I get his permission, would like to mention his ign...ty!

*Edit* thank you to Spcharlan for your generous donation!

starsavior
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I also had a random player donate 10k today and once I get his permission, would like to mention his ign...ty! Awesome.

javier995
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I was helping Helpdesk yesterday with a guy he thanked me for the help^_^ .
I'd like to join on an alt if that's possible

LelouchX
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I also had a random player donate 10k today and once I get his permission, would like to mention his ign...ty!

wow, that's a nice donation. I had some slightly smaller gear/credit donations, thank you contributors!

Spcharlan
10-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay lets just start out with I really like the idea of what you guys are doing here that is why i donated the 10k keep up the good work. Secondly my toon needs a home got any good ideas?????

starsavior
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Okay lets just start out with I really like the idea of what you guys are doing here that is why i donated the 10k keep up the good work. Secondly my toon needs a home got any good ideas????? Lol I believe it is going towards helping new players.

starsavior
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM

and I ran into YOU today and you gave me more items then I knew what to do with lol! thank you for all the donations...I assure you they will go to good deserving players. Lol ill be giving you all of my rare items everytime I see you on.

Zraorizer
10-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey guys its me zraorizer my toon is Thehelper if you see me I will giving info and helping and I will go leveling solo sometimes I might level with someone

starsavior
10-10-2011, 10:10 PM
If there is ever a spot open in this guild I would like to make an alt to join :)

javier995
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Hey well I joined yea buddy:cool:

Princesssa7508
10-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Thank you cappinkclutch

CappinClutch
10-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Thank you cappinkclutch

You're very welcome, ty for your interest and help! :applause:

CappinClutch
10-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I would also like to thank Tyranus for his generous donation of 3.5k this evening! Good show! :applause:

javier995
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I would also like to thank Tyranus for his generous donation of 3.5k this evening! Good show! :applause:

im a member too but i got lke 40+ purples who to donate some of them too?

CappinClutch
10-12-2011, 12:29 AM

Hmmm...I'd have to say give them to Helpdesk...I think he's the one with all the inventory slots lol! I need to purchase some soon...had no idea so many people were this generous...pretty heart warming actually (no Cappin ain't gettin soft so shut it lol!) but that would be my best advice for now...and ty as always!

starsavior
10-12-2011, 01:01 AM

Hmmm...I'd have to say give them to Helpdesk...I think he's the one with all the inventory slots lol! I need to purchase some soon...had no idea so many people were this generous...pretty heart warming actually (no Cappin ain't gettin soft so shut it lol!) but that would be my best advice for now...and ty as always! Lol

javier995
10-12-2011, 08:34 AM

Hmmm...I'd have to say give them to Helpdesk...I think he's the one with all the inventory slots lol! I need to purchase some soon...had no idea so many people were this generous...pretty heart warming actually (no Cappin ain't gettin soft so shut it lol!) but that would be my best advice for now...and ty as always!

lol

thequickone
10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Just a few quick announcements during my break from work:

Wanted to say a quick welcome to zraorizer and Javier. Welcome! :D Great to have you on-board. Helpdesk ran into both of you on B* as he was trying to log off yesterday. Sometimes Starsavior just doesn't wanna let go... :rolleyes:

Helpdesk was donated a few more green items by a player that specifically stated they did not want to receive credit on the forum. In fact, they were low-level greens, and so may help to equip PIF members (please let Helpdesk know if you need any "end game" equip). If you are reading this, thank you for paying it forward! ;)

Helpdesk is the proud owner of a Silver Jetpack! As such, if you or anyone you know still need a pair of silver antennae, add Helpdesk and join/call when he is on. He is even willing to come to you if you are on an iDevice that will not let you "Join". :rolleyes:

Helpdesk made a very silly mistake yesterday, and will now expose his embarrassment for all to read and by which to learn. A player PM'ed me asking if I needed some items they did not. At the same time, Helpdesk was being asked questions, both in general and PM chat (as I am sure many of the rest of you have experienced). I responded "We are accepting donations" to the wrong person! Needless to say, the person told this was a bit taken aback and responded "oh ok...", or something such. When I realized my mistake, I apologized profusely to the player in question and assured them PIF does not solicit donations, only accepts them when they are offered freely. While very embarrassing, it does serve as a couple reminders: 1) be careful to respond to the correct person in chat, and 2) do not solicit donations, as that is not what PIF is here to do. If someone walks by and presses Credits or items into your hand, you may take them. If you do, be sure to thank them and let them know their donation will go to helping deserving players in need. You may also ask if they would like to receive credit (not Credits) for their donation.

Helpdesk also responded to a Trade request. However, in trying to trade with the individual in question, I discovered that PIF members are most likely not geared toward trading; i.e., we generally do not have the more valuable or higher-level items most players desire to satisfy trade conditions. Ultimately, the player in question ended up saying "Dude" when I explained I did not have many items beyond level 15, and cancelled the trading session. This interaction left me with a bad taste in my mouth and the following opinions: 1) I do not believe PIF members should be engaged in Trade, and 2) I strongly believe PIF members should not be trading in Credits, if they trade at all (because we would be spending mostly donated money). What do the rest of you (PIF members only, please) think about this? Lemme know! :D

Helpdesk out!

CappinClutch
10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay, let me break it down like this...first of all, no matter how pure, valiant and successful our efforts as PIF members are, that type of behavior is unfortunately inevitable...so here's what I think we should do...only hand out items for lower levels and make that point very clear when asked for items. I understand that we receive donations of items for all levels (trust me I have a crap load of lvl 30 purps that I don't know what to do with already) anyone over a certain level should be able to either buy or obtain their own gear through either the auction, trade, or drops. We just need to all come to an agreement on what level we should cap our freebies at because I don't think the purpose of PIF is to equip EVERYONE because then you start to get that "snob effect" when we don't hand them epic or legendary gear. I think since we are capped at lvl 15, that should be where our item handling begins and ends. The last thing we want to be known as is the guild that has it all for everyone and become nothing more than friendly middle men. I base my quick tells solely on "game related questions and info" hence the name Cappin"KIOSK" which is a booth open on all sides for people to go and get the desired info...not handouts. I personally have offered more help with my knowledge of the game and guidance and advice than wanted/needed items. I have NO problem giving credits and items to those in need, but let's face it...greed gets ugly. As seasoned members I think we can all tell the difference instantly between who REALLY needs an item or credits and those who are either pulling our leg or looking for a free ride. Hope this clears up any boggle, and answers any related questions.

Ciao for now, Cappin out.

LelouchX
10-13-2011, 12:18 AM
a couple thoughts I have. in the original post, this was stated to be a non profit guild. gear donations can easily be accepted without having to undergo any accidental trade "boo boos" so to speak, thereby deminishing misunderstandings that could make PIF look bad. as for credits, I knew coming in that anything I needed to use them for, whether it is gearing my PIF toon, or buying Stims so I would have to give out in a run if need be, etc, would come out my own pocket. don't get me wrong, previous donations are greatly appreciated, but I have no qualms spending creds I have from my other toons as another way to contribute. So if accepting credits by way of trade donations really does cause issues, I am fine spending my own; I expected to anyway really.

I think it is a good idea to cap accepted gear donations at 15. not only can our PIF toons not equip higher leveled items, but neither can the players we are trying to help. Unfortunately, there will always be people who will try to take advantage of others' good will, so who's to stop someone from making an alt for the purpose of exploiting this guild's generosity (i.e. getting free end game gear for their main toons).

I have really just offered advice and answered questions about the game so far, but I think it might be helpful to set some times, whenever we know we will be free, to help others in runs. having scheduled times throughout the week that we can inform others of might draw groups of people that need help, rather than just helping someone we happen to run into (of course we can continue to do this though).

javier995
10-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Just by being in the guild i get donations. I was trying to stop an argument(successfully succeeded and stopped it:) ), and an op gave me some gear out of the no where! I was like what is he doing? o.O i pmed him and said ty buddy! He never replied lol.

Ebalere
10-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, we need to set up a few ranks here, just to keep things organized. Great job btw guys, this has become quite a bit more successful than i planned.

So, we need a few ranks.

Combat Specialist for Com, Op, and Engi.

Treasurer

Head of Operations, someone to organize contests, events, and runs.

I'd also like to add that after Rodvik (Fouroneone) joins, that's it for a while. I don't want this to be a large group of folks.

What do you guys think?

BodMaster
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Agree with all of the above buddy :) good work!

Would happily take on a role, but if others want to do it then, I don't mind stepping down either :)

Cough** I vote Combat Specialist for Op... Eb the one and only him very self**Cough

Also... Welcome to PiF Rodvik!!! :D

skavenger216
10-13-2011, 04:29 PM
If you will have me, ill start a new com for this, to be a com combat specialist..... Pm me and let me know, ebalere! :)

CappinClutch
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I've already started telling certain bugaboos that we have all the members we want and/or need.

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Ok, well since Skav isn't a bugaboo (?) He's in. Lol but then lets try keep it small for now, I agree. And btw, anyone notice that we are perfect candidates for an SL version of the ambassador program? I mean, look at the intros to the threads, haha! Maybe the Devs will consider some of us for the Ambassadors of Blackstar one day if we all do our best in PiF! Just a random thought.

Rodvik
10-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for accepting me, I've already got my engy to lvl 10 and have been helping peeps out with questions they might have. Plenty of free time since Rod is already 31 also =)

LelouchX
10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Sry for my recent lack of activity here, have had other things brewing in the old noggin.... With that said, i plan to dedicate as much more time here as i can. Also, if u guys don't have any issues with my build, i'd be honored to be a combat specialist for engi. I repecced numerous times so i am familiar even with the skills i don't have in my build.

Edit: However, feel free to put me to use wherever you think I would be most beneficial.

Ebalere
10-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Updated member list and ranks. Grats to the couple officers I chose to help keep things running smoothly

Kahlua
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Just had a level 23 in a guild ask me where to spend credits...he was wearing a mix of platinum and non-green gear. He didn't have a clue about the auction terminal! Didn't know people were so uninformed about the game :(

EDIT: Oh and Eb, my new account is an Engineer :)

thequickone
10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Updated member list and ranks. Grats to the couple officers I chose to help keep things running smoothly
Thank you for the promotion. It is indeed an honor, and I promise to do PIF proud! :)

I am officially tossing Helpdesk's hat in the ring for consideration to be PIF Treasurer. He has 500 inventory slots, and is already carrying a fair amount of loot! I also balance a mean checkbook in RL! OK, maybe not so much, but the bills do all get paid on time... :rolleyes:

One correction; Faebronia is my main, not Thequickone, though they are played almost evenly. Faebronia was my mage and main in PL, and continued on as my Engie and main in SL. Her favorite pastimes are squishing the juice out of Vular and keeping her comrades' health tip-top! Her favorite music is... well, this isn't a dating service, is it... Since she's such an awesome Engie, I'd also like to toss Helpdesk's business card in the free lunch fishbowl for consideration to be Engineer Combat Specialist. Though I understand if he cannot wear two hats at once. :o

Besides, I wouldn't dare let Thequickone step on Cappin's or Bod's toes for consideration to be Commando Combat Specialist. ;) Don't make me choose!! :eek:

thequickone
10-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Would happily take on a role, but if others want to do it then, I don't mind stepping down either :)

Cough** I vote Combat Specialist for Op... Eb the one and only him very self**Cough
And I would happily vote for you to take a role, Bod! :)

I second your vote for Eb to be Operative Combat Specialist. Do we need a third to make it official? And who smacks the gavel? Also, we're mostly Engies here, and so should easily be able to heal that sore throat of yours! ;) *cough*

And btw, anyone notice that we are perfect candidates for an SL version of the ambassador program? I mean, look at the intros to the threads, haha! Maybe the Devs will consider some of us for the Ambassadors of Blackstar one day if we all do our best in PiF! Just a random thought.
I noticed that, too! Coincidence, or did the devs take a cue from Eb? The similarity in the threads is uncanny. "Ambassadors of Blackstar"? Hehehe, time will tell...

And a big welcome to Rodvik and Skav! I'm glad you made it in before last call. Also glad to hear there aren't any bugaboos (??) in the ranks... hehehe. :D

LelouchX
10-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Since she's such an awesome Engie, I'd also like to toss Helpdesk's business card in the free lunch fishbowl for consideration to be Engineer Combat Specialist. Though I understand if he cannot wear two hats at once. :o

Besides, I wouldn't dare let Thequickone step on Cappin's or Bod's toes for consideration to be Commando Combat Specialist. ;) Don't make me choose!! :eek:

Guess you don't mind stepping on my toes then :-( lol

Just want to make a note here for everyone else. I'm actually excited that i was able to do some runs with somebody that asked for help! I will continue to do this if anyone asks, but i want stress that PIF isn't really around for power leveling. When i was in the run, i was offering tips, asking if players had questions about skill points or attribute points, etc. This is what we are here for. If we were just around to power level, we wouldn't cap the characters at 15. Even at 15, in the pirate runs, i was by no means doing all the work. Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish...... u know the rest. So, if you join a run and see any PIF toon there, please dont get mad at us for offering advice. Please don't say things like "ok shut up already" either. Last night, i left after this happened, but in the future i will ask anyone else saying such rude things while i am trying to do a good deed to leave the room once, and then i will boot you. After all, people in need of help shouldn't be denied it because others are rude. Please don't make me do this, because if i didn't want to help, i wouldn't have signed up for this.

On another note, thank you to the few i saw that offered donations last night!

Also, do we have an official ruling on taking credit donations? I haven't been, but it would be good for us all to know for sure.

EDIT: i knew i forgot something. I know typical guilds have forum websites and we have just been using this so far. Not sure if this is already in the making, but it might help us communicate better if we had a forum outside of this one. I also don't know how much work goes into this though.

BodMaster
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
And btw, anyone notice that we are perfect candidates for an SL version of the ambassador program? I mean, look at the intros to the threads, haha! Maybe the Devs will consider some of us for the Ambassadors of Blackstar one day if we all do our best in PiF! Just a random thought.

Funny enough a few of us were on chat the other day and a Dev/Mod pops on and asks if he uses the chat for an idea he had (Moderator7) for an official meeting so we were like yeah sure go ahead, so he had a chat with us (funny guy, good laugh) then said will go and make a post in announcements will be back in about an hour.. so we all stayed and as he explained it for The Ambassador Program.

So we were able to give our input on a Name, What would it entail, who would this be directed at, how would someone apply to become one, what would be given to players to show they are from the program (Vanity, Change of name colour, whole new outfit etc) and so on as he was taking notes as we were all brainstorming.. was pretty cool, he said that he needed to put a good enough case together so that he could go through it with Sam to see if this could be implemented. He also stated this was only for PL not on SL but if this was success then this would move on to SL :D

(Within the brainstorming session I had mentioned PiF numerous times, as most of the info he needed was already in place in this guild :))

javier995
10-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Funny enough a few of us were on chat the other day and a Dev/Mod pops on and asks if he uses the chat for an idea he had (Moderator7) for an official meeting so we were like yeah sure go ahead, so he had a chat with us (funny guy, good laugh) then said will go and make a post in announcements will be back in about an hour.. so we all stayed and as he explained it for The Ambassador Program.

So we were able to give our input on a Name, What would it entail, who would this be directed at, how would someone apply to become one, what would be given to players to show they are from the program (Vanity, Change of name colour, whole new outfit etc) and so on as he was taking notes as we were all brainstorming.. was pretty cool, he said that he needed to put a good enough case together so that he could go through it with Sam to see if this could be implemented. He also stated this was only for PL not on SL but if this was success then this would move on to SL :D

(Within the brainstorming session I had mentioned PiF numerous times, as most of the info he needed was already in place in this guild :))

Where was I when this happened??:( Oh well nice one buddy! :)

thequickone
10-16-2011, 04:10 AM
@ LelouchX: I do mind! I absolutely do not wish to step on your toes, either! I am assuming you are interested in the Engineer Combat Specialist position. If so, please consider Helpdesk's business card withdrawn. Let us know! :D

+1 to your observations regarding helping other players in dungeon instances. We are certainly not here to "power level" players. Unfortunately, it has not been an uncommon request! Helpdesk has had to turn down many invites to Delta 7 and explain to many players why he cannot help them level. One question, what do you do if the instance is not yours and you cannot boot an offensive player? Needless to say, booting should only be used as a last resort.

Regarding donations in the form of Credits; I think we need a consensus on the matter. I, along with a few other PIF members, have accepted them in the past. Some have even been quite generous! Ebalere's OP states "encourage members of all guilds to donate your unwanted level 15 and under good gear". No mention of Credits, but then we have been getting level 30 epics, as well... :p

@ BodMaster: Excellent work, sir (and those with you) in the brainstorming session with Mod7! I am glad to hear PIF was polled for input, and I am sorry I could not attend. However, that certainly does explain a lot... :rolleyes:

CappinClutch
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Imho PIF is only doing what guilds were originally designed to do but with som many swollen heads and elitism, a lot has seemed to be lost in translation, and as far as an "Ambassador Program" that's exactly what PIF is. And I really don't care who gets the specialist positions in the guild, I just go with the flow and didn't join for a special spot or a title just to help new players and that's it...I have numerous successful Comm builds based on the type of run you're currnetly in...if anyone wants info...just ask.

MimeRifle
10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
There may be redundancy, but to a real noob - who really would like some helpful interaction - could there really be "too much" help? I hear you Clutch about the guild elitism. That is unfortunate, but inevitable. I did want to say though that I ran into knowledgebase in game last night, and was happy to see the PIF mission being carried out just as it was chartered. I think it was a very nice idea. Kudos to you! (thanked!)

Defyduck
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Good Job guys............Help new comers to keep them interested in the game and train well

CanonicalKoi
10-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Built a baby Op today--Guidance. :) I'd be honored if you'd let me join in, Eb. I can change the char to a different type if needed.

LelouchX
10-16-2011, 03:20 PM
@ helpdesk, i really like to kid a lot, so don't apologize! with so many engis in this group (i believe it was 10 by my count last night) i see no reason y there cant be 2-3 combat specialists for this class, who have different perspectives/preferences when it comes to skill point allocation. you can all see what I think about the skills in my build (check sig). i also think it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that we stress engis should spam heal, or at least near spam heal, since i still occasionally find myself in pugs in sloucho where engis never heal.
after getting really offended when i was told to shut up already, i've decided that if i decide to just randomly join a run, i'll be starting it and waiting for others to join in. i really don't want to boot anyone, but i have had people say "thanks, didn't know that" or "thats a good idea" after just saying one of my random tips in a run. So things that are common knowledge to some of us experience players (elite chests, not rushing into mobs when ur squishy) aren't common to everyone. i don't want people that ask for help and are appreciative to be punished for the actions of the ignorant. Before i left that group i mentioned, i gave the one person who asked for my help a couple items. He didn't ask for the items when he asked for help, but was appreciative. Needless to say, the person who told me to shut up got a lifetime supply of nothing from me. So, anyone who has donated items or is thinking about donating, rest assured, they are going to people deserving of it!

Little side note, last night someone just decided to have a random conversation me at 2:30am when i was on as support. he sent me a pm "how are you doing" and we wound up chatting for about 20 min, even while i was moving to different B* rooms looking for people to help (doesn't seem to be many of them on at 2:30am, btw). he didn't want or need any help, but it was nice to see there are so many considerate people out there.

Here was another pm i got:
Anonymous: Thank you
Eyesupport: What for?
Anonymous: for being you

No, thank you anonymous, this made my night!

Ebalere
10-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Canon, for sure, we need a few more Ops anyway. I'll add your character. And as far as specialists go, There can be more than one I just wanna know who knows what basically, and where we can send lowbies to get good build suggestions for whatever class they are. For me, I'm an Op 85% of the time, so thats my specialty. But there are alot of awesome players in this guild, and I love the idea of the guildchat being a wealth of information, and different builds and good solid conversation.

On a side note, when pvp is out, we will have a perfect twink guild for when we're bored! And do testing in pvp as well, since the dynamics won't be the same as PvE. I'm excited for this. Maybe we can branch out and support PvP builds and tactics and encourage a respectful and clean fight amongst players. Anyone interested in that endeavour?

Kahlua
10-17-2011, 04:40 AM
I'd be interested in pvp build stuff :) I've been working on 2 different operative twinks, so that's really where I'd shine.

CanonicalKoi
10-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Sure! PvP would be interesting to figure out. :D And Eb, I'm with you--Op is where I spend most of my time, so it's what I know more about.

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Another great idea Eb! Always wanted to go through the PvP side of things.. have read up about it quite alot.. and mostly just collecting PvP gear for when its released.. heard they are trying to change PvP from PL to something with 2 builds.. PvE Build and PvP Build that was breifly discussed at the BBQ.

On aonther note I still back up the Specialist idea, I dont see an elitist side to this.. I'm seeing helping out people with all sorts of build and how to use the skills effectively.. pretty much what Eb has said and we have all discussed in previous conversations :)

And Welcome Canon! You will be a great addition to the team, always out in B* helping people out :D

Drues
10-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Hey! I'm an OP:D that's another one for ya!:)

Rodvik
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I chose to play an engineer because I feel its the easiest role to play in the sense of support and teaching. I obviously only have 1 character which is my Op so as far as knowledge its mostly based around the Op class but I did start out as an engineer 1 -> 26 before i deleted and made my op my main. So I'm pretty knowledgable for both classes.

Im willing to take on whatever role is needed. Dispite being busy with guild related things like forum management..lol and trying to get the community involved on the forums more.

So let me know what's needed =D of me.

Zraorizer
10-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey my toon is Thehelper. By the way I have an idea for example if you were and operative you would show them operative combo's, and great operative advice, and show the operatives how the skills work. We could make a difference to the game we can donate stuff and help them we want them to know what we know and that's what they want if you like this idea post or push on say thank for the information oh and please think of ideas that can me a difference thank you

starsavior
10-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Lol The next time your recruiting I will build up any class for the job.

LelouchX
10-17-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm best with the engi, i know enough about op and com to offer general advice about skill, but i wouldn't call myself a specialist by any means.

Think PvPing with these guys would be a great idea! I got a twink in waiting, so I will practice with Eyesupport so I can keep my deaths down on my other twink, lol Sorry to throw you you under bus like that Eyesupport....

Kateatankan
10-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Hey eb ill make a char to configure to the guild ill catch u in game soon

Kateatankan
10-18-2011, 01:17 AM
I've got a toon in every class and am knowledgeable about updates and lvling. I've got a 30 in each class but am more knowledable in comm since its my main.

javier995
10-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Going great so far! I help a lot of people now! Many ask for my main(higher lvls), so we can lvl and stuff. :) I've been keeping many of the newer players from getting in trouble(language/potty mouths), but then there are the ones that refuse to be helped. Well I especially love my PIF alt, he's a mini Javiermadriz:'). Lol, well overall ty for letting me join! I look forward to serving the community in as many ways as i can! Catch you guys in the morning!

thequickone
10-18-2011, 01:29 AM
I am mostly skilled with Engie, but have also spent considerable time with Op and Comm. My current levels are Engie 29, Comm 28, and Op 27, which is pretty much equivalent to my experience with the class. I have experimented with different builds on Engie and Comm. My Engie is primarily support, with damage capabilities as add-on. My Comm and Op are custom damage builds. Admittedly, my Comm only gains/holds agro by mistake... :p See, I told you my Comm shouldn't step on Cappin's and Bod's feet!

As Engie, I have considerable experience with the skills Empathy, Transference, Pain, Decay, Wither, Leech, Revive, and Force Shield (essentially in that order). Based on kamikazees Armor research findings, I respec'ed to remove all points from Protection and all but one point from Force Shield (probably coming out soon). I also created a suggestion thread to improve those two skills (waiting for the right moment to revive it). I no longer use Sonic Boom and have never used Suppression. I believe my play style would be helpful for Engies wanting to learn how to keep comrades' HP up while keeping a bit of heat on enemy mobs. ;)

EDIT (2011-10-17, 23:35): Oh, forgot. I have absolutely no experience with PvP. Avoided it like the plague in PL. Was always good with Street Fighter, though... Maybe I'll check it out. :rolleyes:

LelouchX
10-18-2011, 12:45 PM
As Engie, I have considerable experience with the skills Empathy, Transference, Pain, Decay, Wither, Leech, Revive, and Force Shield (essentially in that order). Based on kamikazees Armor research findings, I respec'ed to remove all points from Protection and all but one point from Force Shield (probably coming out soon). I also created a suggestion thread to improve those two skills (waiting for the right moment to revive it). I no longer use Sonic Boom and have never used Suppression. I believe my play style would be helpful for Engies wanting to learn how to keep comrades' HP up while keeping a bit of heat on enemy mobs. ;)

EDIT (2011-10-17, 23:35): Oh, forgot. I have absolutely no experience with PvP. Avoided it like the plague in PL. Was always good with Street Fighter, though... Maybe I'll check it out. :rolleyes:

Interested to get some insights about you not using suppression. I love it. Even though it gives me lots of aggro (edit: oops, its trans that gives me the aggro, my bad), i don't mind bc i like to try and tank with my engi anyways. Also no PvP experience, which is why I will be "throwing eyesupport under the buss" *looks down and sighs embarrassingly.* Anyway, i'll be on as eyesupport tonight, so i'll look for you

Defyduck
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the invite to the guild.I will be helping in creating new tips and tricks to defeat any enemy and making the gameplay much more fun :)

Defyduck/Guideline

Zraorizer
10-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah pvp would help people with enemies and strategy I find that good. And skills it is important for defeating enemies we could keep coming with ideas that developers may find good god the game

Zraorizer
10-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh and how do you put your username in colors and how do you make like a logo with your name that's what I want to know

Kahlua
10-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh and how do you put your username in colors and how do you make like a logo with your name that's what I want to know

Colored usernames are the Spacetime Developers and Forum Moderators. You cannot change the color unless you are one :(
The logo you're talking about is a signature. It's am image you can make and upload to your profile, and it will appear in each post you make!
Any graphic design program is capable of making signatures, with the quality depending on if it's free like MS Paint, or a program like Photoshop which is meant for high effect and detail editing.

The dimensions of the signature can be 500pixels WIDE and 100pixels TALL and under 15KB maximum. I didn't make mine but I think it's around 375x100 pixels, just to get an idea of the size. You then need to upload your signature to your profile.

Go to "settings" at the top of your browser. Then go to edit signature. In the box provided, you can either post a link from an image uploading website like Imageshack. To get the picture to display, put the link between . You can also upload the image directly through your computer using STS's uploader at the bottom of your edit signature page. Then what I did was; right click the picture, and "copy image location." Then paste that picture between the sigpic tags I mentioned before. Make sure you save it after!

Sorry for no links or more detailed descriptions, I don't have much time right now :(

Qyu
10-19-2011, 08:23 AM
hi eb and hi all . .
i want to join . my main toon is Qyu . I have 12 toons , 4 toons level 30(now), 3 was in leaderboard, n 5 mid level toons with a good k/d ratio so i think i have a good experience playing star legends. i made a new toon name Redcross n i want to join <Pay It Forward> with this toon. i will add you n wish you accept and invite me to guild. Respect

(Qyu - Hackerzero - Pickympc - Picky - Seller - Kontol - Irrish - Nouser - Deathless - Vhe - Vforthetank - Vforenginer - Redcross)

LelouchX
10-19-2011, 11:23 PM
while it's always entertaining to have friends come and ask me stupid questions and joke around, it's nice to find that person that actually needs helps. Found a few of them tonight.

But please come entertain me guys, i've had some slow nights!!!

thequickone
10-20-2011, 01:17 AM
while it's always entertaining to have friends come and ask me stupid questions and joke around, it's nice to find that person that actually needs helps. Found a few of them tonight.

But please come entertain me guys, i've had some slow nights!!!
I should be on a bit more with Helpdesk soon. I'm trying to get my main and maybe one alt up to at least 30 before the next update. That, and I get a bit distracted by all the shiny lights during the events! *turns to look at Halloween event lights in the not-so-far distance*

Regarding Suppression; I just can't support using the skill as it is currently designed to work. Specifically, the auto-target dropping aspect of the skill just ruins it for me (and many others). I would consider using it if the skill were designed slightly differently; i.e., target not dropped at all, Suppression not target mob being fired upon by other player (unless there are not enough mobs), Suppression not target mobs below half HP, etc. As it is, I see the skill only being useful in solo play. However, it also depends on your build. My Engies are typically full support with a splash of damage.

BodMaster
10-20-2011, 04:57 AM
BodHelps and Ghost (SG) had alot of questions yesterday, and all seemed to work out helped alot and informed them of this Forum for any other information and to become of this great community :)

Agree with Eyesupport can get a little lonesome, but luckily I had a few other members of SL to keep me entertained in PMs :)

Kahlua
10-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Are we allowed to advertise the forums via website link? Like can I say spacetimestudios.com? A lot of people are just too lazy to search for it, and a lot of people probably don't even know who makes the game...I know you're not supposed to advertise websites, but is this different?

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Are we allowed to advertise the forums via website link? Like can I say spacetimestudios.com? A lot of people are just too lazy to search for it, and a lot of people probably don't even know who makes the game...I know you're not supposed to advertise websites, but is this different?

Sure, I do it all the time when people ask about the Star Guard program. A lot of players don't even know there's a forum with all sorts of info available, so you'd be helping them just by sending them here. :)

BodMaster
10-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Good question! Unsure, havent come across this before and isnt stated in the ToS as far as im aware, aslo this is their own content if it was a 3rd+4th+5th Party company then im sure this would be frowned upon. Though a way around this is just by stating go to any search engine (google,yahoo etc) and seach spacetimestudios, its the first result so will not have to search far for it.

3rd Ninja' :O (Your getting the hang of this Canon :p)

MimeRifle
10-20-2011, 08:09 AM
I would venture to guess it is okay to advertise a STS -owned website. But it's a good question! Never good to assume...

IBNobody
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Good question! Unsure, havent come across this before and isnt stated in the ToS as far as im aware, aslo this is their own content if it was a 3rd+4th+5th Party company then im sure this would be frowned upon. Though a way around this is just by stating go to any search engine (google,yahoo etc) and seach spacetimestudios, its the first result so will not have to search far for it.

You can point them to the forum icon that's built into SL.

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Yay! I'm at 3 to your 29 or so now. :p But now I owe you pizza....

Kahlua
10-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I meant more along the lines of general public advertising...like saying it in the chat, and not just to one person.

CanonicalKoi
10-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Hmmm....I don't know why not since both are STS property. I usually send it in a PM since that's how I generally get questions and I hate clogging up public chat with stuff.

BodMaster
10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
You can point them to the forum icon that's built into SL.

That would work also :stupid:

Yay! I'm at 3 to your 29 or so now. :p But now I owe you pizza....

Haha, now im holding you to this one :D Tea and Pizza fetcher wooop! (What a combination!)

I meant more along the lines of general public advertising...like saying it in the chat, and not just to one person.

Iv done it before as a PiF member, esp when they ask about the SG program or PiF guild in general. Though like I said always other wasy to point them to, like IB's post above.

EDIT: That said, im going to go all out and say its okay to do so! 150% Esp that there is an icon to get into the forums in game :D

LelouchX
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
@ quickone, thx, i have the same issues with supression as you do. I liked it in numa, but it seems useless in slouch. we'll see if I spec it back in with the shipyards

BodMaster
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Someone come up to me and donated 15k to PiF! Thanks again! (Unsure if they want their identity to be known)

Silentarrow
10-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I heard that even after they donated the 15k to Bod, they donated another 15 to Ebalare!

thequickone
10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Someone come up to me and donated 15k to PiF! Thanks again! (Unsure if they want their identity to be known)

Really? I heard from a friend it was 30.
Thank you for your post, and for your concern. As I have no way of knowing what the intent or tone of your above statement was, I will decline to take offense. Rather, I will offer the following:

1. Many thanks to those that have chosen to donate to the cause. Exactly what or how much was given at the time of donation is entirely beside the point. Which is, they chose to give of themselves. The fact that they chose to give is the very definition of generosity.

2. Should you or anyone else suspect foul play, please call on the PIF member of your choice. If necessary, we will conduct an internal investigation and report our findings to the party that brought the claim. Please remember, PIF is here to help, not harm!

One request; To the extent possible, please avoid using the forums for such communications. Doing so may lead to unnecessary conflict or flames, and may also sully the reputations of all parties involved. Instead, please use PM here or in-game. Rest assured, we will take every request seriously! :)

Silentarrow
10-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Thank you for your post, and for your concern. As I have no way of knowing what the intent or tone of your above statement was, I will decline to take offense. Rather, I will offer the following:

1. Many thanks to those that have chosen to donate to the cause. Exactly what or how much was given at the time of donation is entirely beside the point. Which is, they chose to give of themselves. The fact that they chose to give is the very definition of generosity.

2. Should you or anyone else suspect foul play, please call on the PIF member of your choice. If necessary, we will conduct an internal investigation and report our findings to the party that brought the claim. Please remember, PIF is here to help, not harm!

One request; To the extent possible, please avoid using the forums for such communications. Doing so may lead to unnecessary conflict or flames, and may also sully the reputations of all parties involved. Instead, please use PM here or in-game. Rest assured, we will take every request seriously! :)

Post changed to get to my original point without sounding like a troll :).

Thanks! When I read it back it did sound like a troll comment!

thequickone
10-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Post changed to get to my original point without sounding like a troll :).

Thanks! When I read it back it did sound like a troll comment!
Thank you for the clarification. I believe you are a credit to and a valuable part of the community. I would never consider you a troll! :eek:

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I've had the occasional troll-like post. Oops! :p *grabs fire extinguisher and goes to check for flames*

BodMaster
10-23-2011, 12:24 PM
I heard that even after they donated the 15k to Bod, they donated another 15 to Ebalare!

That *Anon* is very respected in the community! And what a 'person' they are :D (Hopefully to join PiF, when this is possible to do so :))

Phantasm0162
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Just want to let eblare know nice job man on your guild,its turning out to be a great sucess,see you in the game pal

Fac3bon3s
10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I tried to make a donation to Ebalere several times last night and was ignored. Even right after he had accepted my friend request. ( Yes he was online.) What are you accepting as donations at the moment and what should I not offer.

Also what do the credits that people donate to PiF got to? I'm just wondering because some of you have posted in the thread about the begging game (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40170-The-Beggar-Game-A-new-source-of-fun!&highlight=begging) and if you're taking donations to give to new players does participating in or supporting that thread not contradict your goal with this Guild. And yes I posted in the thread as well.

If you see a beggar, offer to do some runs with them, and teach them how to earn it themselves.

If we are to donate credits and you're not going to be giving it to new players. Then essentially you are keeping the credits for yourselves.

Just an observation.

Edit: Sorry I am not trying to make you look bad. I am trying to point out that this potentially could be detrimental to your goals.

thequickone
10-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I tried to make a donation to Ebalere several times last night and was ignored. Even right after he had accepted my friend request. ( Yes he was online.) What are you accepting as donations at the moment and what should I not offer.

Also what do the credits that people donate to PiF got to? I'm just wondering because some of you have posted in the thread about the begging game (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40170-The-Beggar-Game-A-new-source-of-fun!&highlight=begging) and if you're taking donations to give to new players does participating in or supporting that thread not contradict your goal with this Guild. And yes I posted in the thread as well.

If you see a beggar, offer to do some runs with them, and teach them how to earn it themselves.

If we are to donate credits and you're not going to be giving it to new players. Then essentially you are keeping the credits for yourselves.

Just an observation.

Edit: Sorry I am not trying to make you look bad. I am trying to point out that this potentially could be detrimental to your goals.
Thanks for the post! I cannot stress enough that PIF was designed to be a selfless and helpful organization. I know you are not trying to make us look bad. You have valid questions. We wish to be as open and honest as possible, and do not wish to operate in such a way that would be detrimental to our goals. Here are my responses (some of which are opinions, so other PIF members please chime in):

1. Your encounter with Ebalere: You are very generous to offer donations. Thank you! I will not speak for Ebalere, but I will make two observations; 1) As a GM, Ebalere is usually very busy with his main guild. I have found that he and selected other GMs are often being bombarded by PMs in-game, sometimes by so many that it makes it very difficult or impossible to keep up another conversation. Think of "that one time" you were chatting with a few of your friends by PM at the same time, and then multiply that by 10 or more, and you may have an idea of what some GMs experience on a daily basis (just guessing!). :rolleyes: 2) While Ebalere came up with the idea for PIF, the GM of PIF is his alt, Information. It is always best to catch a PIF member in-game if you have PIF-related business. Either way, I'm sure Ebalere didn't mean to offend. :)

2. Participation in The Beggars Game: Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I see the potential for a conflict. While direct participation in The Beggars Game by PIF members is not encouraged, it has not been restricted. Most likely, PIF members that have posted on that thread are using their main characters in-game and not their PIF alts to play. Regardless, donated funds are not used to play the game. According to the OP of this thread, all members of PIF are expected to bring all their own resources to the table. For example, the Credits shared between my three main characters resides in my stash, while all Credits donated or otherwise gained as Helpdesk reside in his pockets (who knew space suits had pockets?!). The two are not mixed.

3. What donated Credits go to: At the moment, nothing in particular. PIF is still fairly new, and it has been hard to get the decision makers together for long enough to discuss such things and reach a consensus. For now, PIF members that have received donations of Credits are just holding onto them. Some have been consolidated into my PIF alt Helpdesk's possession. In all honesty, we did not expect the influx of Credits some PIF members have seen, and are still trying to come up with a specific stance on the matter. What I can say with certainty is this; PIF has no intention of keeping donated Credits to itself. Nor will we use those Credits for the gain of PIF, as a whole. All donated Credits will be used to help deserving new players in need, as soon as we can agree on the how/what. :confused:

To that end, I have a few thoughts:

- I am hesitant to simply hand out Credits to new players. Begging in SL is already becoming a problem, and I do not want to encourage such behavior or support people expecting hand-outs. Such distribution could also be exploited fairly easily. I also feel money/greed brings out the ugly in some people... :( This is certainly not what PIF is all about!

- Based on Ebalere's OP, I feel the most appropriate way for PIF to help is by the following: 1) answer questions - everyone has them and the most effective tool is knowledge! 2) assist beginning players in dungeons - answer questions (again), advise on tactics, heal and buff, offer up drops, DO NOT do all he fighting for the one being helped. 3) Defend civility - stop fights, report inappropriate behavior/names/etc. 4) Distribute donations - help deserving players in need (see next bullet item).

- I think the best way to help deserving players in need is by giving items. First, let me define "deserving": a player that is following the rules, working hard, behaving well, and maybe just can't seem to catch a break. Just like offering up drops while on runs, PIF members could also distribute items to deserving players at base. By "items" I mean weapons and armor. It has not been uncommon for Helpdesk to check out other low-level characters and throw a couple white, orange, or green items that would increase stats their way. Especially those that ask good questions and strike up conversations! It is possible PIF could hand out Stimpacks, but that could get a bit complicated, since it would require opening a Trade session.

So let me ask a question: What sort of giving do you think PIF should / should not perform? I am most interested in what my fellow PIF members think. However, I would also like to hear what those who donated have to say. After all, they were your Credits when you gave them, and maybe you had something in mind when you did! ;)

Fac3bon3s
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
So let me ask a question: What sort of giving do you think PIF should / should not perform? I am most interested in what my fellow PIF members think. However, I would also like to hear what those who donated have to say. After all, they were your Credits when you gave them, and maybe you had something in mind when you did!

Well you could start randomly handing out credits to players you see in town levels 10 and below? Why not just start paying it forward like your guild name implies? Whether it is an alt or not. I'm sure that they would appreciate it. Or take note of new players posting in the introduction section of the forums. And sneakily add them as a friend and hook them up with gear, credits or back rubs. I'm a big fan of giving back rubs my self. Either way your intentions are great. And I would ask to join but really I can only afford a couple of hours at most a day in game. Especially now that schools is getting near the holiday period.

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Just an observation.

I posted the exact same thing in that thread!
Glad we agree on something finally lol :)

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm going to double post for the sole reason that it's a different topic from Face's post.

I've been thinking about us donating items and gear to new players. Doesn't this encourage begging in a way? If we give them free items to "help them" in the game, they'll just think that they can get armor for free all the time. This could lead to them begging in game for armor because although they can get it themselves through the various ways to make money...why bother if they can get it for free? I dunno, just saying =\

If we are donating anything to these people, it should be stim and mana packs. I see more and more people with over 1000 deaths, running maps with 0 stims and just dying over and over again. Some of them even in the 20s. People are less likely to beg for stim packs then cash and armor...even though it's all the same thing (comes from money) I've seen far less people begging for stim and mana packs. It encourages them to play more aggressively and also allows them to save their money for armor later on. Most of them probably aren't in guilds with a lvl 3 guild hall and thus cannot get these packs for cheaper like we can. I think this is the best use for our money if we're going to use it for donations.

Zraorizer
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM
People donated 10k and some good stuff was giving for people in need.glad to help I would like to be treasureror speacialist

Zraorizer
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Did you uh...post your signature as an image after your original post? LOL do you not know how to put it in your actual profile? I believe Bod has posted this for you a few times. If you didn't see it, check out what he posted for you in Slant's thread where you originally got that signature :)

Silentarrow
10-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Did you uh...post your signature as an image after your original post? LOL do you not know how to put it in your actual profile? I believe Bod has posted this for you a few times. If you didn't see it, check out what he posted for you in Slant's thread where you originally got that signature :)

Lol :).

I think that we should give players some gear to start them up. Maybe level 20 gear to get them excited about using it?
Although, I do like your idea about giving players stims!

Kahlua
10-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Giving them gear they cannot use yet might be a good way to get them motivated to want to level, yes. Would be better than just giving them armor for the lower levels which are a breeze to go through. Also, by running the lower levels with them, we're essentially allowing them an easier time to get their own drops and armor through the levels.

I still think stims are the best option, but I do like the lvl 20 thing a lot as well. Combine them both and I'd say we've got the best option on our hands! :)

LelouchX
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Sorry i haven't been around this weekend, had some RL to deal with. Anyway, i'm back and saw some posts regarding the credits, so i just wanted to post the only time i every tried to give credits to someone. Anonymous had asked me for some help, just some little things about the game, where he/she could buy stims. Anonymous was very grateful, thanked me numerous times, and said how great it was that there were people like PIF around. Anonymous was under lv 5, and while he/she was at the stim terminal, i mentioned how expensive they can be. When you're just getting started, it is a much larger percent of your pocket change then when you're at the cap. So i offered some credits if in need, but anonymous humbly didn't accept. Also, let me note that i haven't received much in the ways of credit donations, so if anonymous did accept, it would have been creds i had from my other toons. Like quickone said, i keep my credits stashed for my main toons in my stash, and any PIF funds on eyesupport. I have taken creds out of my personal stash for eyesupport, but eyesupport has never put any credits into my personal stash. This is what we expected coming into PIF, after all, it is non-profit.

Defyduck
10-24-2011, 05:09 PM
nice to hear and same here not getting much time on just a lil for lvling

Ebalere
10-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, here's a few answers and updates.

- Me not accepting donations - Quick hit the nail on the head squarely. I spend 95% of my time in game PMing with people, and it's tough to keep track of all convos. I added you in hopes we could reconnect at a less busy time for me. Sorry if I offended you.

- What to do with donations - All members who have recieved donations I would appreciate if you could give it all to Helpdesk, and Helpdesk, please keep me updated on the status of our donations. What I plan to do with it is buy good gear and weapons ranging from level 5 - 20, for all classes, so that we may offer something to undergeared players in need of help. Buying stims is also a viable and smart option, and once all donations are in Helpdesks hands, we can then decide what goes where. The possibility of holding a contest aimed at newer players is an idea as well, but only involving new players will prove to be a challenge.

- Recruiting - I'd like to bring in 5 more elite players into PiF. These people will be active in game and on forums, and not have an ulterior motive for being PiF, such as wanting to become SG. To ensure this we will have to know the person's history in STS games and on forums, and know them to be genuinely helpful people.

- Booting - Me and the 3 officers (that is all there ever will be ,btw) will keep an eye on activity, and possibly be removing a few people who havent attempted to help or progress in the guild. This is essential in keeping it tight knit and ensuring quality help from PiF to the community.

- If anyone has further inquiries or ideas post here or PM me, since I miss this thread from time to time when I'm browsing the forums. -

Fac3bon3s
10-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Again I don't know if I have enough time to commit to helping you guys here. But I when I am in game I am usually helping people in town with questions and what not. Lately due to poor sales of 30 epics on auction I have been handing out those epics to low level players in town. My hope is that they see these items and either sell them to help generate currency for them selves or they strive to reach 30 so they can use them. Either way keep on fighting the good fight. I will help in what ever ways I can. Whether it be on the forums or in game.

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 05:29 AM
I imagine the amount of time a lot of us spend on our PIF accounts is lacking at the moment due to the update. I know I haven't been on KB in about a week now :( Probably hop on today for a bit.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey guys, here's a few answers and updates.

- Me not accepting donations - Quick hit the nail on the head squarely. I spend 95% of my time in game PMing with people, and it's tough to keep track of all convos. I added you in hopes we could reconnect at a less busy time for me. Sorry if I offended you.

- What to do with donations - All members who have recieved donations I would appreciate if you could give it all to Helpdesk, and Helpdesk, please keep me updated on the status of our donations. What I plan to do with it is buy good gear and weapons ranging from level 5 - 20, for all classes, so that we may offer something to undergeared players in need of help. Buying stims is also a viable and smart option, and once all donations are in Helpdesks hands, we can then decide what goes where. The possibility of holding a contest aimed at newer players is an idea as well, but only involving new players will prove to be a challenge.

- Recruiting - I'd like to bring in 5 more elite players into PiF. These people will be active in game and on forums, and not have an ulterior motive for being PiF, such as wanting to become SG. To ensure this we will have to know the person's history in STS games and on forums, and know them to be genuinely helpful people.

- Booting - Me and the 3 officers (that is all there ever will be ,btw) will keep an eye on activity, and possibly be removing a few people who havent attempted to help or progress in the guild. This is essential in keeping it tight knit and ensuring quality help from PiF to the community.

- If anyone has further inquiries or ideas post here or PM me, since I miss this thread from time to time when I'm browsing the forums. -

Good Job!

Any donations I have recieved have been given to HelpDesk.

Another 5 members, okay will keep an eye out if there are interested (not recruiting). Silent would like one of the spots I believe and has already started a player for this :)

I still log on regular, a little less since update. But I am there :)

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 07:08 AM
I've been popping onto Guidance hoping to catch an officer on to get joined up, but as Kahlua said, with everybody leveling and/or just enjoying the new area, it's hard to meet up.

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Add the mains, below to get added if not done so already :) (Unable to help :()

Ebalere/Information - Guildmaster, Engineer
Cappinclutch/cappinkiosk - Officer, Commando
Lelouchx/Eyesupport - Officer, Engineer
Thequickone/Helpdesk - Officer, Engineer

Maybe use the 'Recruitment' side of Guild Ranks to help with this Eb?

Olz
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Can I join I made one called helpinhand is that ok he's an op. :)

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Can I join I can't think of name though

Have you read the first post by any chance? If not please do so as it shows exactly what and who we are looking for, for the benefit of low level players.

Eb, can get a little busy so may miss the post.

PM him with the reason why you would like to join, how your knowldege and skills will benefit PiF program, and other things that you feel that will benefit PiF :)

Good luck! :D

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Add the mains, below to get added if not done so already :) (Unable to help :()
Maybe use the 'Recruitment' side of Guild Ranks to help with this Eb?

Thanks for the suggestion. :) I've got Eb/Information on my friend's list already and re-sent out friends requests to Cappin, Lelouchx and TQO's PIF alts. I'll catch one of them on yet--you won't escape, my pretties! <insert evil cackle> Oops! Sorry, channeling Yosi again.... ;)

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. :) I've got Eb/Information on my friend's list already and re-sent out friends requests to Cappin, Lelouchx and TQO's PIF alts. I'll catch one of them on yet--you won't escape, my pretties! <insert evil cackle> Oops! Sorry, channeling Yosi again.... ;)

*I got water... and im not afraid to use it*

Cappin is on pretty much all the time, so im sure he wouldnt mind popping on and giving you an invite :D

Kahlua
10-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Cappin is on pretty much all the time, so im sure he wouldnt mind popping on and giving you an invite :D

yea he's always on cappin his accounts....LOLOLOLOL!

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Lol! Pun much :p

LelouchX
10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
@CanonicalKoi
While I'm LelouchX on forums and it is my main in PL (which i don't really play any more) look for me on Eyeofnewt, my engi and my passion! I'll send eb a pm to change it in the original post. Also, i accept every friend request on my PiF, but not my main, so it would be better to just try to send me a tell and let me know who u r, bc if i don't recognize the name, i generally reject it.

I also tend to have a hard time with remembering mains/alts, so be patient with me pls :-)

Edit: @helpdesk, i got about 400 cred for ya! i stopped taking them for a while bc i wasn't sure what was going on with entering trades after that one incident mentioned on this thread earlier. I think i need to print out the list of the PiF members and mains, bc i only know all eb's. I'll look for ya tho!

LelouchX
10-26-2011, 01:26 PM
So my main's guildies may know this, but maybe you all don't, i organize things to an extreme. So, i thought it would be a good idea for all of us PiFs to know eachothers alts along with the main toons. I've been working on this in my main's guild (a large one), and it's taking a while, but i was able to do it quick for this small group.

So:
- i won't post anyone's alt info here without your ok. I know lots of us put them in sig, but not all do, so if u want a "private toon" that the "masses" don't know about, i have no issues with it. my plan is to post the excel file on mediafire and provide the link to any PiFs that want it. i'm sure eb can also put ur alt info in the original post (when he is free, i know he gets really busy) if you ask. (you can throw mine in there any time, they in my sig)
- I have alt names for people in KoC that are in PiF. But for everyone else, i have just gone by the info given here. I have the names that eb put in his original post, and anything you listed in your sigs/posts. So if you want to have any of you other toons on this list, send me a pm on the forum and i'll add it. I know we are all busy, so i'll wait till this weekend (saturday) to upload this list and send links to anyone that wants it.
- A few of us have forum names that aren't our main's name (me for example, but LelouchX was my main in PL!!!). Eyeofnewt is my main in SL, and am on him most frequently. Also, some have forum names that are not toon names. So in this list, i have also added all of your forum names and noted if it is a forum only name (i.e. no toon in game with that name)

I think that is enough OCD for one lunch break, let me know if you have any suggestions, and pm with your info if you wish to provide it. Thanks guys!

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Pfft. Water is soooooo old-school. You'll have to throw....uh....coffee on me! Yeah, that's it! Ooh, evil, evil coffee. Please, oh please don't throw the coffee on meeee! Nopenopenope! Nor Guinness, neither. Oh, no. Not that! ;)

On-topic: Thanks for the heads-up on names, LelouchX. I sent the request to your PIF alt, but I also know that requests don't always work if the party being requested is off-line when the request was made (that sentence needs "request" or a form thereof a few more times. >.< ). I'll keep trying.

CappinClutch
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM

Yeah I sure am lol! I Capp everything that moves! And if you see my main, feel free to tell me to take five and add you to PIF because as of late I have been preoccupied with the latest update, more accurately, getting my chest armor drop! Lol!

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeah I sure am lol! I Capp everything that moves! And if you see my main, feel free to tell me to take five and add you to PIF because as of late I have been preoccupied with the latest update, more accurately, getting my chest armor drop! Lol!

Firstly, I shall rub the house-rabbits feet for a little extra armor drop luck for you. ;) Secondly, I'd never *tell* you to do something--you're the Cappin! I'll ask you, though, if you could when it's convenient. And thank you! :)

BodMaster
10-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Guess what I got???? Hehe :p

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Guess what I got???? Hehe :p

Pfft, rabbits. No sense of direction. ;) (Congratulations, by the way. :D )

CanonicalKoi
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
And the infamous Helpdesk lived up to the name and got me all official. :)

Silentarrow
10-26-2011, 09:05 PM
I imagine the amount of time a lot of us spend on our PIF accounts is lacking at the moment due to the update. I know I haven't been on KB in about a week now :( Probably hop on today for a bit.

Agreed, since I am attempting to get to the leet cap, I doubt I will have much time to go onto my PIF toon. I guess I'll try to get in 30mins minimum a week until I achieve 36!

LelouchX
10-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Agreed, since I am attempting to get to the leet cap, I doubt I will have much time to go onto my PIF toon. I guess I'll try to get in 30mins minimum a week until I achieve 36!
I switch to PiF when i need a break, doing some good cheers me up.

@Canon, sry i didn't take care of ya after telling u to look for me, lol, but i did see helpdesk yesterday and he said he would. Very helpful guy IMO :-)

CanonicalKoi
10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
I switch to PiF when i need a break, doing some good cheers me up.

@Canon, sry i didn't take care of ya after telling u to look for me, lol, but i did see helpdesk yesterday and he said he would. Very helpful guy IMO :-)

Hey, everyone's been busier than heck with the new content--no problem at all. :)

Defyduck
10-28-2011, 01:34 AM
I switched to guideline yesterday a lvl25er playing the game after long time wasnt able to find the mini map and was asking how he can lvlup fast........more another person asked about where to find the end-game gears and some Qs which implant to use,etc..Jumped to different in 5mins. duration.

New Update = New Person Joining = More Help Needed!

LelouchX
10-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I can't agree with you more. I can't tell you how many people have told me they can't figure out how to join a guild once invited. I'll pop on and off in between grinding this weekend.

javier995
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I can't agree with you more. I can't tell you how many people have told me they can't figure out how to join a guild once invited. I'll pop on and off in between grinding this weekend.

Yea same, I'll probably lvl javierinfo tonight to 15 and lvl my main tomorrow.

Kanozaki
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM

what lvl is your com now ? thinking of making arch my main , KD on kano is horrible

javier995
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM

what lvl is your com now ? thinking of making arch my main , KD on kano is horrible

35, 10, & 10 those are my coms.

Kanozaki
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
35, 10, & 10 those are my coms.

close to 36 ?

LelouchX
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
so i've finished off the member list with alts, send me a pm here if you want a copy.

BodMaster
10-29-2011, 06:25 PM
so i've finished off the member list with alts, send me a pm here if you want a copy.

Sure buddy :) Good job!

LelouchX
10-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Sure buddy :) Good job!

Ok, sent. I said i wouldn't put everyones alt names out there without permission first, so if you ask for the list, make sure you check your pms, that's where i'll be sending them

thequickone
10-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Pretty sure I totally forgot to send my info to you... Maybe I just dreamed I did. Anyway, I just sent you a PM full of my top-secret data. I hope I'm not too late... :p Thanks for making the effort! ;)

LelouchX
10-31-2011, 11:37 AM
info will be updated with anything pm-ed to me, got a few already i need to update, so i will resend it out when finished tonight.

LelouchX
10-31-2011, 04:53 PM
ok, i was bored at work, check your PMs for update

LelouchX
11-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Eyesupport just had the displeasure of reporting someone. After making inappropriate comment to newt, he continued to make the same type of comments when i appeared in the same town as eyesupport. Lets please keep SL appropriate for everyone, you never now how your words can affect the person behind the toon. And i think it is extreamly distasteful to act that way to a PiF toon, trying to help others out, let alone anyone else in the game.

thequickone
11-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Eyesupport just had the displeasure of reporting someone. After making inappropriate comment to newt, he continued to make the same type of comments when i appeared in the same town as eyesupport. Lets please keep SL appropriate for everyone, you never now how your words can affect the person behind the toon. And i think it is extreamly distasteful to act that way to a PiF toon, trying to help others out, let alone anyone else in the game.
Lelouch, thank you for taking the time to report this individual. Reading about it here and hearing about it from you in-game, it definitely sounds like the report was warranted. Just curious, did you give this individual a warning before reporting them? Also, I am sure STS support will be able to figure it out, but they will need to review the chat logs of the individual in question, Newt, and Support to get the whole story. That may have been complicated by switching between Newt and Support before making the report. In any case, I doubt (hope!) you were not the only one to report them. :rolleyes:

I think this brings up an issue that may warrant some discussion. Maybe we need a guide to reporting. I was about to start a long paragraph or bullet-list of dos and don'ts, but tomorrow's going to be a very early start for me and I need my beauty rest. Instead, let me put it to you, my PiF brethren:

How do you engage in discussion with an unruly or inappropriately behaving player without getting caught up yourself? How do you educate players that are acting inappropriately, but do not seem to have bad intentions (i.e., spamming sellers, etc.)? As members of PiF, and as our mains and alts, we are expected to uphold the rules set forth by STS. I am sure many here have had their patience tried, stretched to near breaking. In short, how do you handle players that may need to be reported? :confused:

Please try to avoid making specific reference to an event resulting in a report. I am looking for general tips, advice, etc. And as always, please do not mention specific in game names if you give examples. ;)

One quick question; How is it possible that I am seeing high-level players with extremely inappropriate names? They should not have made it past level 5 without being reported and addressed. I have reported at least three inappropriate names this week alone! :eek:

LelouchX
11-02-2011, 01:02 AM
well quickone, i have never reported anyone, and tonight i did twice. the comments made to newt and support were so unwarranted and inappropriate that i did not warn him. it wasn't as slip of the tongue type thing, he pmed me on newt when i wasnt talking to him, then swiched to support and i got another pm when i wasnt talking to him. if it was him messing around in a group, i feel i would have warned. actually, that was the second report i did tonight. there was a group of people, and many were telling someone to stop flaming and saying inappropriate things, he continued, and was told to add the person to his ignore list. he continued, so i reported him as well. i watched this second convo for about 5 minutes while people were telling him to stop before i reported as well. i hope this wasnt too specific, i was trying to be as general as possible. As it is late, i am going to have to think a little more about your inquiries as to the proper way to deal with reporting people. But i did want to share this while it was fresh in my mind.

LelouchX
11-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Well i have some free time to add my thoughts on reporting now. As far as inappropriate/offensive language goes:
-If i receive a PM like i did last night that is blatantly wrong, i'm not going to waste my breath with a warning. there is no accidentally offending someone this way. if it's a direct PM, whatever the reason for sending, with crude language or sexually offensive terms/propositions (this was the nature of the PM i received last night); i wont be warning. However, i know that friends may joke around, so if a friend of mine said something to me in a PM that i might report a complete stranger for, i would politely make it known that it's inappropriate, and doubt it would happen again (if that person truly is my friend that is). Before i reported last night, i asked the toon "do i know you?" and he/she responded "no, does it matter?" I said, "if i know you and this is a joke, i won't report you" and he ran from the town. Not sure if he relized i could still report if he wan't in the room.
-In my second report, there was an argument going on where A and B were at odds. B was using inappropriate language, "in response to A" as B said. Now they were both egging eachother on, but B was simply just acting a fool (pardon my slang in an otherwise serious post). Many people in the room were becoming offended, even friends of mine were ready to report. Many people told him to use the mute/ignore function (not sure if everyone realized it is there). At one point B said "i'm just trying to show A who the boss is." This was about 5 minutes in, and it is when i started talking. Calmly, i said, "neither of you are the boss. If someone is bothering you, add them to the mute list." Others warned him that he could get reported, and people were saying "someone go get sam." for this reason, i didn't warn, and i said "B, you are now on my ignore list so you can't bother me any more, and i suggest you add A to yours." I muted and reported. I was told by a friend in the room that he started trying to say stuff to me, but I muted and didn't have to deal with him.
-i think it is important to give warnings in such situations i just described. nobody is perfect, and all of us can lose our cool from time to time. When it is brought to a person's attention that they are being inappropriate and offensives and continue to act in such a way, then the warning fell on deaf ears and i feel a report is warranted and appropriate.
(sorry for referencing this, but i never use specific names other than my own and felt describing the situation helps my point be conveyed easier)
-spamming and selling, well i generally stay away from this because its not offensive (even though it's annoying) and everyone can just leave the room/ignore. but, once when i was on eyesupport, everytime someone post something, a toon would spam what he was selling about 6 times so that everyone's chat window would be full of his post. i understand (to an extent) saying "selling___________" every couple minutes because people come in and out of B* all the time. However, with this excessive spamming, i warned him that his actions are annoying to many and found another B* to help people in.

and also quickone, i sent the screenshots over to STS last night (my chat log shows it all together even though i switched toons) and asked for any insights from devs about the best way to handle such situations. i will post here with any more suggestions from the devs on this issue.

on lighter note, it was great to chat with you in game for a while finally!

Edit: well i heard back from Sam, and i guess i handled the situation ok, he said:

Thanks for the head's up about this. In the future, you can send it direct to our support team at support@spacetimestudios.com or via http://support.spacetimestudios.com
Yeah, so i fail because i didn't know to report to the support team as he said. Sorry Sam!

Defyduck
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
ignore them

CappinClutch
11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I warn, report, warn, report....and warn and report some more...and I see the same players saying the same offensive, perverted, and disgusting things tine and time again...so I simply don't socialize any longer because I have defended seemingly defensless players and have taken the brunt of the argument on the chin and all that effort and aggravation hasn't turned any results. So I either stop playing completely, or I do as I have been...I get on, spam a crapload of runs...and I get off. I've pretty much had it with the people that keep getting away with the same behavior over an over and I've lost a lot of faith in the reporting system as a direct result.

CappinClutch
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
And racism seems to be the new cool thing to do and get away with now too...my kid doesn't even like playing as much anymore because of all the things he sees...sad...truly sad.

Kahlua
11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I see a common theme now in game is for people to message me saying that since I'm not a high level, I suck at the game and shouldn't be giving out information to people =\.

Could the low lvl (15 cap) be hurting us in a way that people (especially new people) might be wary to ask advice from someone who's around their own level?

LelouchX
11-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I warn, report, warn, report....and warn and report some more...and I see the same players saying the same offensive, perverted, and disgusting things tine and time again...so I simply don't socialize any longer because I have defended seemingly defensless players and have taken the brunt of the argument on the chin and all that effort and aggravation hasn't turned any results. So I either stop playing completely, or I do as I have been...I get on, spam a crapload of runs...and I get off. I've pretty much had it with the people that keep getting away with the same behavior over an over and I've lost a lot of faith in the reporting system as a direct result.
I hate that you stop playing because of others inconsideration. I say this because I have done the same and it annoys me that i let things get to me to that point. If the report button doesn't get STS's attention, take a screenie and send it in. I sent one to Sam not realized the support address to send it to, but within a day of sending screenies to Sam, a player was booted for his inappropriate actions. Don't give up!

Edit:Also think it would be good for STS to give some kind of feedback to a player who reports someone for inappropriate behavior. It would be nice to know we are being heard. A simple "the player has been warned" or "the player has been banned" i think might restore your faith in the reporting system. Would be easier, or course, if some kind of "mailbox system" could be set up for our toons. I believe this has been suggested to STS already as well.

I see a common theme now in game is for people to message me saying that since I'm not a high level, I suck at the game and shouldn't be giving out information to people =\.

Could the low lvl (15 cap) be hurting us in a way that people (especially new people) might be wary to ask advice from someone who's around their own level?
I haven't gotten this, but i have been asked what my main's level is, and i think any experienced player assumes that we all have high level mains. I'd think these people PMing you are just trying to get a rise out of you and are the true inexperienced players. I've even helped someone who was extremely nice to me on my PiF, donated a bit, and kept me company when nobody was asking for help (i love when people follow me to different B* and chat with me) from my main toon (i know, not what PiF is around for, but i figured why now when i switched back to main, i needed another break from grinding anyway).
Also keep in mind, there are still people that don't know what PiF is around for and what we do.

Rodvik
11-05-2011, 03:40 AM

If someone really wants the help and sees we are willing to help them, they won't care what level you are. Apparently, regardless of our level 15 cap, the person(s) who are messaging you saying we suck are the ones who don't need our help, hence should be reported for inappropriate behavior because if they are harassing you privately for trying to help others, who knows who else they go around harassing.

thequickone
11-06-2011, 04:22 PM

If someone really wants the help and sees we are willing to help them, they won't care what level you are. Apparently, regardless of our level 15 cap, the person(s) who are messaging you saying we suck are the ones who don't need our help, hence should be reported for inappropriate behavior because if they are harassing you privately for trying to help others, who knows who else they go around harassing.
@ Kahlua: I have experienced this, as well. Try not to let it bother you so much, as it is bound to happen. I do not believe a <PiF> level cap raise is in order. People will just have to learn more of what we are all about. If they are too impatient or unwilling to do so, it is their loss. I have no idea who originally said the following (who knows, maybe me), but I always liked it: "The one who believes they know everything knows nothing at all". Everyone has the opportunity to learn new things every day; they just have to be open to the possibility. Interestingly, the last couple times I was on the receiving end of a "your only level 15 what do you know" or something similar, they other players hanging around B* that I had been helping came to my defense! It was quite a site to see, and made me feel very good. We shall continue to pay it forward, regardless of the naysayers. :)

I once had a mid-level Comm almost refuse my advice because I was not a Comm. I practically had to force my help upon them! Once I convinced them that I also had a high-level Comm, they were willing to listen. Turns out all they wanted was advice on Comm skills to develop. This type of case is where it will help to have <PiF> members other than Engies, and to designate some class specialists. It also doesn't hurt to point players in the directions of the forum. This is a veritable well-spring of information, knowledge, and experience! ;)

@ Rodvik: Agreed. If someone becomes offensive or abusive to a <PiF> member, imagine what they could be doing to others! :o If we encounter such behavior, and a simple explanation of who we are and what we are doing does not help them to understand and calm down, report and ignore. And again, do not let them "get your goat" or draw you into a fight. You will be giving them exactly what they want if you let them pull you down to their level.

Once many of our members have had a chance to grind their way towards their shiny new L36 vanity helm, we should have a bit more time to jump on out <PiF> alts and continue spreading our message. I, for one, have been very busy at work and will only have time to get my main to L36 (maybe, I hope, thanks Cappin and Canon!!) before the next cap raise.

LelouchX
11-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Sorry, i'm going to have to argue against the level cap raise. I've done pirate runs at level 15, at it was good that my level wasn't too high, because it allows the other players i was trying to teach to do some of their own work. People will level quick enough to lv 4 and start pirate runs, so i feel the majority of runs that we should be doing to teach other players would be done in Pirate and Cycorp. Leveling to 20 would give us improved gear and skills that would pirate runs more akin to power leveling than teaching the way i see it. By the time newer players are out of Cycorp, they should understand the battle system well enough that they don't need PiF to run with them, but they can still ask us more specific questions about skills, stats, etc while we are in B*. I think the majority of the questions i have answered are from people over level 15 actually. So i don't really see a need to raise the level cap for our PiF toons just yet.

Zraorizer
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry, i'm going to have to argue against the level cap raise. I've done pirate runs at level 15, at it was good that my level wasn't too high, because it allows the other players i was trying to teach to do some of their own work. People will level quick enough to lv 4 and start pirate runs, so i feel the majority of runs that we should be doing to teach other players would be done in Pirate and Cycorp. Leveling to 20 would give us improved gear and skills that would pirate runs more akin to power leveling than teaching the way i see it. By the time newer players are out of Cycorp, they should understand the battle system well enough that they don't need PiF to run with them, but they can still ask us more specific questions about skills, stats, etc while we are in B*. I think the majority of the questions i have answered are from people over level 15 actually. So i don't really see a need to raise the level cap for our PiF toons just yet. yeah I agree with you we should raise our level cap just now we should do it when the time is right and when Ebalere says. We gotta give info to people who need info, I just stopped a fight and handled it they wouldn't listen so I figured a way I had to talk to each of them and solve the problem and make peace. 2677

Silentarrow
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm thinking of keeping Assistance level 5. Instead of doing runs, I mainly sit in the Blackstar saying "Have any SL related questions? Ask me!" every couple of minutes. :)

javier995
11-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry for my slack! I'm slowly getting to 36:/. Due to the fact I have very little time these past few weeks.

I'll be sure to get Javierinfo to 15 with 0 deaths and many kills.

This way if someone says to me," You're too low don't give out advice."

I'll simply reply," Dear sir or madam, by any chance have you looked at my stats? As you can see I am not new to this game, I've been around for quite some time. I have lots of knowledge on all three types of classes. Please go about your own path, and let me help those who need help. Have a good day!"
Most likely it won't be word for word when I say it ingame. Lol although you get the idea.

Let's just leave the lvl cap for PIF at 15. Just ignore those who flame and troll us because we are at a low lvl on the PIF chars. Report those who need to be reported. I don't like that bc of the trolls Cappin is leaving. Although there is an ignore/report option for a reason, there are too many people who do things that offended Cappin and his son.

I try to change a person when they began to do that. Usually it works, but then there is the ones that don't care. That's when I report, and tell them they have been reported for the bad behavior. That seems to make them stop, or call me 'noob'(oh how I hate that word) and then they run off.

- Javier M.

CanonicalKoi
11-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Sorry to be so late here. I think 15 is a good level--it seems more approachable to newer players, I think. I've noticed I get more 30+ people asking me questions on my 36's and many more lower level folks asking questions of my lower-level chars. The exception is Rauen, but that's because of the SG thingie--everybody talk's to Rauen. ;) It's also not such a power-leveling situation if you take someone on a run to show them how to do something and wind up lending a hand.

As far as reporting/warning/muting, I think you can help people with general guidelines, but it's such a personal thing it's hard to give anyone hard and fast rules. Some things are a no-brainer--they're *so* outrageous that no reasonable person would think they're okay and a insta-report is called for. Other things are borderline in that they may not bother me or 15 other people present, but they bother that one guy over there. Things such as people wanting to pay for items with plat or "selling" items that are untradable, I send a PM to explaining what you can't do. If the response is, "Really? I can't X? Well, what about...." then it's a teachable moment. If they don't care, well.... :(

And Cappin? I would so hate to lose you outta here. :( I've noticed you haven't been on as much and now I know why and that's just wrong.

ninjaduck
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you so much for inviting me. Since i capped i really wanted to help new players. I speak 5 languages that will difinitely help me interact with other nationalities of people. If anyone needs help im called Ninjassistant and will answer ANY question you ask. (or atleast try :D)

<=ND=>

Honeypot
11-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Woot! Great Idea! I'd really like to be a part of this guild. Can my "Honeyhelps" join please?

BodMaster
11-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank you so much for inviting me. Since i capped i really wanted to help new players. I speak 5 languages that will difinitely help me interact with other nationalities of people. If anyone needs help im called Ninjassistant and will answer ANY question you ask. (or atleast try :D)

<=ND=>

Grats and welcome to PiF! :D 5 languages! Nice going ;)

Woot! Great Idea! I'd really like to be a part of this guild. Can my "Honeyhelps" join please?

You are the epitome of the word help ;) when people are asking all sorts of beginner questions in B* where others laugh and make fun. You're one to answer their Qs (If Bod don't ninja you that is)

Rodvik
11-20-2011, 09:40 AM

<=ND=>

Welcome to PIF!

Kahlua
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
5 languages?!?!? holy crap! lol

Kahlua
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Sorry, i'm going to have to argue against the level cap raise. I've done pirate runs at level 15, at it was good that my level wasn't too high, because it allows the other players i was trying to teach to do some of their own work. People will level quick enough to lv 4 and start pirate runs, so i feel the majority of runs that we should be doing to teach other players would be done in Pirate and Cycorp. Leveling to 20 would give us improved gear and skills that would pirate runs more akin to power leveling than teaching the way i see it. By the time newer players are out of Cycorp, they should understand the battle system well enough that they don't need PiF to run with them, but they can still ask us more specific questions about skills, stats, etc while we are in B*. I think the majority of the questions i have answered are from people over level 15 actually. So i don't really see a need to raise the level cap for our PiF toons just yet.

I wasn't talking about runs; more about giving out advice and helping people in blackstar.

BodMaster
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I wasn't talking about runs; more about giving out advice and helping people in blackstar.

Im going to have to agree with 'eye' here, we discussed this before making the PiF toons as to what level would be most suited and locked 15 was what we agreed on.

Though I do see where you're coming from as I know this only too well. I usually just tell them I have 2-3 at cap and switch over to help new players then they stop nagging.

You find when you ask questions or get abuse etc, that if you ignore it and ask them to ask anything no matter what level and you're confident that you can, then their attitude changes totally. In the process you have switched the whole situation. They then kinda look up to you and are amazed at the knowledge you have. :) (Not all but you need to be able to take the bad with the good :)

LelouchX
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry I haven't been around here much or at all, i'll at least try to stay active on this forum until i can get eyesupport some action again.

If all we do is just stay in blackstar, i can understand that there is no need for a level cap. If any of us (even if it isn't all of us) are doing runs with people, then we should be consistent and none of us should go over 15 (for now at least, idk how things will change). I could have been a little more descriptive when i posted about this originally, sorry for the confusion. If i am knowledgeable about something someone asks, I will answer it, and if i'm not i say so and ask them to check with another PiF member etc. If people don't want to accept the opinions and suggestions i give, it's no skin off my back. it's not going to stop me from trying to help others.

side-note: i'm usually on newt or sniper now a days, and i find myself just answering questions i see in B* lately, when i have enough time to see what is going on in the chat window at least, lol. so anyone can feel free to contact me there. Even if i can't get on eyesupport as much as i used to and would like to, i'm approachable on any of my toon. while i accept friend requests from everyone on PiF, i don't on my other toons, please don't be offended if you send me a request and i don't accept.

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm on my PIF toon right now. Leveling to 15 (I'd be at 10 for a while just doing B* helping). If anyone see's Knowledgebase, feel free to say hi!

LelouchX
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm on my PIF toon right now. Leveling to 15 (I'd be at 10 for a while just doing B* helping). If anyone see's Knowledgebase, feel free to say hi!
Sorry, at work :fatigue:

but HI!!!!!

blackiechan62
05-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Is there any way this can be restarted? I would love to join. Its almost Like a mini star guard.

Heoaraz
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Well the only thing i can say is.. Goodluck! I like the idea of the guild brings out the old beta days.... Congratulations on ur success!

Astrology
06-30-2013, 10:59 PM
I am in game, Overarmour. I have my own guild and a L30 mega naut set. But the thing is, my guild is going nowhere, and I have no credits. I am not a beggar in game or forums. I'm only asking. I would very much appreciate assistance from this guild, if it's still going on. Since I'm lvl 30 and going up, I'm getting concerned about the cost of a napalm carbine and Va'Kryall armor set. I could use some help, leveling, with the gear like napalm and Va'Kryall, and possibly even some merching tips to be simple. If the guild could provide even a portion of any of this I'd very much appreciate it. And all gear I receive will be used to help others who are not having any luck. Thanks for reading! :banana: