PDA

View Full Version : What is that little green bar and what does it mean?

krazii
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
What is that little green bar below your title (member/senior member, etc) right below your name in a post? I see only one green bar on most members names, but for admins I see a whole line of them. Just curious.

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
It has to do with the little thumbs up at the bottom. Every time someone likes a post you get points and with enough points your little green bar grows.

Zerious
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
grow, green bar, grow! :D

TANKKAAR
09-28-2011, 12:01 PM
It's the Reputation system :)

Here is how the reputation works:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31890-Forum-Reputation-Feature-Enabled&highlight=Reputation

Here is a link to check your repitation:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php

Darkfader
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Also when someone click thanks button in your post, it will grow your reputation little bit.
When you reach 50 reputation points you receive one more green dot.

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Not sure about the 50... But Tankaar is now showing 3 so he obviously been very helpful and a good green bar gardener.

TANKKAAR
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Also when someone click thanks button in your post, it will grow your reputation little bit.
When you reach 50 reputation points you receive one more green dot.

From what I can tell everyone starts out with 10 points on their reputation

Every added +1 reputation adds 10points

Every "Thanks" adds 5 points

And for every 100 points you accrue you are awarded 1 green bar :) if anyone has seen differently please let me know

**looks at Ellyidol....lol**

Neffy
09-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Reputation system. :) You can find the thread explaining it in an earlier post. :)

Darkfader
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
From what I can tell everyone starts out with 10 points on their reputation

Every added +1 reputation adds 10points

Every "Thanks" adds 5 points

And for every 100 points you accrue you are awarded 1 green bar :) if anyone has seen differently please let me know

**looks at Ellyidol....lol**

Actually I finally found that post I was looking, and here is correct values. So here's fixed my and your mistakes.

I cut the top in half and smoothed out the progression curve a bit.

StompArtist
09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I want the "infamous around these parts"!

TANKKAAR
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Actually I finally found that post I was looking, and here is correct values. So here's fixed my and your mistakes.

Yes that shows the progression of titles and that is what I was basing my green bar growth off of, expecting another green bar to be awarded at 215 points however, currently I am at 201 points and as you can see have 3 bars? But thinking back I really don't recall when I got the second bar....hmmm

Neffy
09-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes that shows the progression of titles and that is what I was basing my green bar growth off of, expecting another green bar to be awarded at 215 points however, currently I am at 201 points and as you can see have 3 bars? But thinking back I really don't recall when I got the second bar....hmmm
H4x0R?!@#$

Zenidal
03-15-2012, 07:43 AM
its a measure of hw long ur brown nose is actually. meant to be brwn, not green. :)

hope i helped

Er, Apollo's mother, maybe you'd like to read the guide on reputation? The link is in Tankkaar's post. I don't think rep has much to do with brown noses.