PDA

View Full Version : Purge of the excessive pinks

nazgulking
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello folks,

this a feedback thread about the amount of pink items in the Nuri campaign, which very well may apply to other campaigns.
I feel we have too many pinks. Sincerely I just want to buy pinks that lead to set bonuses. The rest are just good as an intermediate set of items while i wait to afford for better pinks.
Besides what's the deal of having Nuri items that look like the set items which doesn't bring any set bonus at all? I think this brings a lot of confusion. (I know the trick of recognizing the set items if the name contains L60 at the beginning)
I think that if we turn all the so-called common/trash pinks into purple would better give the idea how the set pink items are valuable.

Thoughts?

Feedback delivered.

Navygreen
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Noo never too many pinks! And I think the colors represent the rarity of the item more than anything else. Even if we all have in our minds that pinks are the end all be all weapons in PL, reality is, these colors are representing their rarity, am I correct? So making them purple would mean they would be found a bit more often than the pinks would be. It really wouldnt mean anything else other than the rate at which they're being found. :)

Phoenixking
09-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah it doesnt mean they are valuable just means it rare

nazgulking
09-28-2011, 02:41 PM
When I say valuable I mean their rareness, not actually their CS price ;)
I see your points though :D

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Yesterday I hosted two events at the Alien Oasis.

Basically, I had over 50 pinks that I gave away for random trivia, first to perform an emote, first bear to stomp, etc.

That kept the pool rocking for a couple of hours as others got involved and did the same thing.

Yes, there are a lot of pinks in game, but most are not worth holding in inventory. Once you accumulate so many, I think its cool to give them away.

I usually give most pinks away to noobs and people who could use better gear, but hosting a massive giveaway like I did last night really enriches the game (IMHO)

What do you think?

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Yesterday I hosted two events at the Alien Oasis.

Basically, I had over 50 pinks that I gave away for random trivia, first to perform an emote, first bear to stomp, etc.

That kept the pool rocking for a couple of hours as others got involved and did the same thing.

Yes, there are a lot of pinks in game, but most are not worth holding in inventory. Once you accumulate so many, I think its cool to give them away.

I usually give most pinks away to noobs and people who could use better gear, but hosting a massive giveaway like I did last night really enriches the game (IMHO)

What do you think?

Wish I could have been there to help! Do you mind if I steal, no wait... 'borrow' your idea? Lol thanks! :)

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Steal...er, borrow away. Anything that makes the game fun for everyone!

Funny, I had so many lvl 45+ pinks and most of the winners were about lvl 30.

I actually ran out of dex gear and let the winner pick between str and int gear.

I will try to host these types of events once a month, or whenever I have about 30-40 pinks that I can dump. Obviously unannounced - that's what makes it so fun.

Whirlzap
09-29-2011, 10:56 AM
My opinion on this is to simply make some generic pinks into purples.
We don't have any purples dropping at Hallows so that would be a good idea.
In Star Legends, a pink is actually a pink and is ultra rare plus worth hundreds of thousands, which is like tens of millions in Pocket Legends.
However, I get generic pinks so easily in PL, it simply takes awah the meaning of "legendary".

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe an new color for the elite pinks are in order?

I think that these new ultra-elite items should not be sell-able.

I'm tired of people who just throw dollars into the game and buy these ultra-rares (like laser canon, glow stick, shadow gear, MM, etc.) but never actually earn it.

Come on, 500K for a single item and 1.5 million for the set? Ridiculous!

Kelstrick
09-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry, I've got to disagree with the idea of not being able to sell ultra-elite items, because since the drops are random, what happens if I get an ultra-elite item that I can't use. At least today, I can drop into CS, place it up for sale and then use that sale to upgrade to a better piece of gear.

As far as people who convert real dollars into gold to buy ultra-elite items, I'll all for them because they are financing the Devs and keeping them employed so that they can build us some new challenges & rewards. Honestly, I could care less about what others are equipped with or how they got it as long as they know how to play their character and work as a team.

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
True, they do finance the game, but it creates an imbalance. I especially hate playing in PUGs where you've got some noob with elite gear, but doesn't know how to play. Drives me nuts!

You could always trade, so indirectly get gold for it. Or better yet, create a swap store where you trade these elite items. So you would have to have one in order to get something different.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry, I've got to disagree with the idea of not being able to sell ultra-elite items, because since the drops are random, what happens if I get an ultra-elite item that I can't use. At least today, I can drop into CS, place it up for sale and then use that sale to upgrade to a better piece of gear.

As far as people who convert real dollars into gold to buy ultra-elite items, I'll all for them because they are financing the Devs and keeping them employed so that they can build us some new challenges & rewards. Honestly, I could care less about what others are equipped with or how they got it as long as they know how to play their character and work as a team.

Oh absolutely! Thanks :)

Kelstrick
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree with you on people who can't play driving me nuts too! If they are a random join, after a few runs we typically ask them to leave in order to make room for a guildmate or friend who we're trying to help. If they don't get the hint, we give them the boot! (I like to give the option to leave first before going to the cold blooded boot button, but sometimes people are difficult...) ;)

Trading or creating a swap store could work, I just don't like the idea of having my options limited. For ex: I've grinded my way to 60 plus 30K of xp on the way to 61 "elixir free", yet have only received 2 Glyphs neither of which is the craftable variety. (Surely I'm going to hit a "hot streak" soon!) So if I wasn't able to purchase a ultra-elite item with my hard earned gold, I'd really lose alot of interest in having a goal to drive for since I already have my solid and serviceable "poor man's" load out of junk pinks.

Perhaps a possible solution would to be have a set of gear from a set of grinding quests similiar to Cyber except that you couldn't sell or trade the gear. So if you saw someone in Syntax's Armor of Killing & Breaking Things, then you'd know that they truly earned that item. (However that wouldn't guarantee they'd be able to play, just that they could grind, and result in both of us booting them from our parties!)

Hope to see you at the Circus sometime!

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
I like the concept of earned gear like the Mystery set.

Wish I were able to play in the Circus. I'm still only lvl 51. Spend too much time with non-quest related things like my giveaways, helping lvl up newbies, training bears on how to work well with mages, etc.

A couple of days ago, I got in on a great group, two birds a bear and my mage and we made about 20 keeper runs in a row in less than an hour - not a single death from anyone! A good group that knows how to work together makes this game a real blast to play.

There is so much more to these MMORPG games than killing everything in sight. Unfortunately, because I have not been power leveling, I was left out of the introduction of the circus and the initial high pink availability during the first week. I did get in on the sandstone caves intro though :-)

Maybe when I earn my MM set, I'll join you in the circus! Find me if you can!

GoodSyntax
09-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I've never booted anyone.

I hate joining a PUG only to be booted with Reason: bye. If people want a private group, make it password protected, otherwise - don't boot unless the new player is really bad - i.e. dying all the time, generating huge mobs and running away, etc. Being booted by a lvl 40 in Plasma Pyramid is just plain insulting.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I've never booted anyone.

I hate joining a PUG only to be booted with Reason: bye. If people want a private group, make it password protected, otherwise - don't boot unless the new player is really bad - i.e. dying all the time, generating huge mobs and running away, etc. Being booted by a lvl 40 in Plasma Pyramid is just plain insulting.

Don't be ashamed. Lol, I haven't ever done it either. For some reason I feel so bad. Even when a friend asks me make room, I just tell them srry, as soon as this run is over, i'll invite them. People get so into the run and for them to get booted because there's no empty spots, I feel bad doing....

:)