PDA

View Full Version : Where these ideas comes from?

Waug
12-08-2016, 11:16 AM
Well, devs have access to incredible game stats, MAYBE they have data of endgame pvp sessions and average play duration of classes along with the gear they used to do pvp.

If so devs would find that, the 2H set users negligible to non-existent, that just simply proves that how these sets are weak compare to 1H weapon sets, in such situation, it's kinda odd when these kinda things get implemented -

- Increased 2h 'Psycho' sword damage to make them more interesting when compared with other Elite STR weapons.
- Increased the amount of Armor you get from all Shields dropped in the 'Return of the Warlord' campaign.

I'll try to discuss this abit, though it's not clear totally because, it's not stated clearly. Armor buff to "all Shields dropped in the 'Return of the Warlord' campaign" in generic term it seems that all shields (str-int-dex) if we take this litterally we'll find that special elites shields didn't drop in the campaign, so maybe it's not applicable to the best shields (special elite shields - Arzac, magor, warat) ALSO in general term we call shield everything but in game term only str shield is called shield but not int & dex. I mentioned just to show that it's not totally clear by far.

whatever, lets get back to the topic. In a situation where 2H weapon sets are such weak and non-favorite among players, also Cinco mentioned that he wanna make the 2H sets all desirable. What's the point making 1H weapon set more strong, if they really needed to buff specific than buffing all, they should have do it to dex & str 2h weapons only because it's well known fact that mages are op-est among all and bow lacking skill damage.

When these things happens, it feels like somebody trusted PM devs to implement something and they do it without doing research in that or at least finding logical facts from a open discussion thread so that the topics get discussed with facts & logic by multiple people, and devs can definitely find out what's logical & factual. I've watched this for long and found so many biased things that hash been implemented, sadly. This implementation seems to be one of them, literally nobody uses 2h weapon set in PvP and neither it's favorite in PvE but still 'somebody specific' let em believe it.

CONCLUSION :
1> No point of buffing shlds because that further strengthen the already strong 1h weapon set, rather need to buff 1h weapon.

2> Only str sword should not be buff because dex 2h is weak too, even it shouldn't be ignored for op mages too because if they use 2h good chances is they won't be op anymore. So buff all (str-int-dex) 2h weapons.

Onepropally
12-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Would be nice having bow birds back

Congeniality
12-08-2016, 05:03 PM
They buffed two handed swords to try to get people to use them in PvP. They are trying to create more than just one way a player can play their class in PvP.

MrClifford
12-08-2016, 05:41 PM
They buffed two handed swords to try to get people to use them in PvP. They are trying to create more than just one way a player can play their class in PvP.
Just come to 15

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

ryanbemani1
12-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Remember 76 and 77 cap days of pvp? As you had mentioned in a previous post, birds actually used bow back then to fight mages/bears etc. Considering it has been more than a year now that pvp has pretty much been spinning around talon/wand and 1h sword fights, STS are trying to make some changes to bring in the 2h weapons into play. Think of it as a way of making pvp a little more interesting by adding a greater variety of gear rather than sticking to one set everyone uses.

Waug
12-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Remember 76 and 77 cap days of pvp? As you had mentioned in a previous post, birds actually used bow back then to fight mages/bears etc. Considering it has been more than a year now that pvp has pretty much been spinning around talon/wand and 1h sword fights, STS are trying to make some changes to bring in the 2h weapons into play. Think of it as a way of making pvp a little more interesting by adding a greater variety of gear rather than sticking to one set everyone uses.

If these comments are replay to my post then I think, ya need to read the whole post and get the concept lol. I doubt ya didn't at all.

P.s - I'll explain a bit, when armor is buffed in shlds that actually makes already weak 2h set more weak not a measure to make 2h stronger ROFL. That's the whole point of my thread, not to make 1h stronger but 2h sets need to be buffed.

But I'll add the phrase in original post lol, I should have cleared that.

Waug
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
To clear the confusion, I've added conclusion part at last in the original post, hope it will clear things up ;)

ababioka
12-21-2016, 05:34 PM
2h dex is not weak... It is actually better in some situation, and personally I prefer it over my talon and shield

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk