PDA

View Full Version : Curse mages and aimed shot rogues are overpowered.

Kiritobozz
12-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Hi there, I would like to point out the fact that these two mob types in the current twilight expansion are simply too strong. I have tried several builds and strategies to counter the curse and aimed shot attacks, but it simply came down to keeping your distance from these mobs and hoping that u won't get one-hit killed over and over again. I myself am a rogue with 5700+ hp and 3500+ armor, so I think the developers should really take a look at this since this issue still has not been solved.

I would like to read your opinions and ideas on this matter.

Excuses
12-08-2016, 03:06 PM
10k Hp and 6k armor and still gets one shot from curse.
Hope there is 2-3sec pre-warning before it comes.

Irg
12-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Well i usually dont even see the worning
caus the notification of me picking stuff up is pushing back the curse worning... :(
Or should it be "died mysteriously"

extrapayah
12-08-2016, 03:35 PM
cursed captain's electric minions also OP... too contrast compared with other minibosses' attacks

Kiritobozz
12-08-2016, 03:44 PM
10k Hp and 6k armor and still gets one shot from curse.
Hope there is 2-3sec pre-warning before it comes.

Wow, so even warriors get one-shotted?

Zaizor
12-08-2016, 03:49 PM
I noticed it's more two-shotted. I see I get cursed. I see a giant tick in health, and then another. Then I yell angrily, and try to decide if I should burn an ankh, restart, or leave...

I have avoided the curse by using the Horn of Renew INSTANTLY, as soon as I see I'm cursed... and even then, I walk the line of death closely.

Just like dysentery in Oregon Trail... I wish I could leave an epitaph... Here lies Zaizor, my curse was loving Arcane Legends so much...

Kiritobozz
12-08-2016, 05:40 PM
cursed captain's electric minions also OP... too contrast compared with other minibosses' attacks

Yeah, I noticed that too. But the fact that mobs can do way more damage than boss attacks just doesn't make any sense.

Dont
12-08-2016, 06:37 PM
We went back to the old times when 1 combo kills, I think it's time for a new swing with the new items that arrived, which difference is huge.

Enviado de meu SM-G920I usando Tapatalk

Vjerevica
12-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I think it is fine as it is. After all, these are only two things that can get you killed (not literarly).
Aimed shot counter for mages that work for me:
- Arcane shield
- Necro shield
- Run out of reach
- Attack: fireball and ice will interupt attack (if you hit the right guy)
This usually saves your skin.
Regarding curse, I don't really have the counter. Especially when DOT attack is in place.

will0
12-08-2016, 07:21 PM
There is an issue with curse mage, with my arcane shield on it curse right thru me .....

dinzly
12-08-2016, 07:27 PM
There is an issue with curse mage, with my arcane shield on it curse right thru me .....
use gale force with 10/10 mastery it will remove curse

Terminhater
12-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Wouldn't a DOT immunity pet work well against the curse ?

Avaree
12-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Also try pets that provide immunity to DoT damage. Nilbog is a great pet, (easy on the budget too,) and glowstik.

I do appreciate a mage in my party that uses gale w 10/10.

will0
12-08-2016, 08:51 PM
use gale force with 10/10 mastery it will remove curse

I dont like gale force is a suicide galling through mobs and stuck for 2 seconds, i do have glowstix yes .... it is still not 100%.. Arcane shield shouldn't it be able to block curse?

Qnoy
12-08-2016, 08:56 PM
As a rogue i prefer to use my old drag hunter dagger, it save a lot ur pt when u can stun lock those skelly mage & rogue

Sent from my Lenovo A6010 using Tapatalk

Fsuryo
12-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I dont like gale force is a suicide galling through mobs and stuck for 2 seconds, i do have glowstix yes .... it is still not 100%.. Arcane shield shouldn't it be able to block curse?
Mastery gale force work even not charged. You will hit the wall or stuck and got killed (maybe) if you charge it. Blank point save us even got a curse.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

dinzly
12-09-2016, 12:26 AM
you dont need to charge the gale force galling through mobs..gale force mastery still works on uncharged skill..and do u know the uncharged gale also stun mobs in graveyard too?it is not a suicide if u know how to use that skill very well especially against Krax or Ferrix

Kiritobozz
12-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the many tips and tricks that may help to counter these mob attacks. However, I myself may be able to afford the dragon hunter blades or a DOT immunity pet, but many others can't. As for gale force, I don't want to keep leaving graveyard or mausoleum until I'm in a party with a mage using this skill. And above all else, it still doesn't make any sense for a mob to have a much higher damage output than a boss. If even a tank can get one-hit killed by a curse, then there is definitely something wrong with these mob skills.

Avaree
12-09-2016, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the many tips and tricks that may help to counter these mob attacks. However, I myself may be able to afford the dragon hunter blades or a DOT immunity pet, but many others can't. As for gale force, I don't want to keep leaving graveyard or mausoleum until I'm in a party with a mage using this skill. And above all else, it still doesn't make any sense for a mob to have a much higher damage output than a boss. If even a tank can get one-hit killed by a curse, then there is definitely something wrong with these mob skills.

I will say it again, best pet to use for players on a budget is nilbog. Atm he is very affordable 45k in cs. Save his aa for those curse mages, use aa just before you attack, you got 5 seconds of immunity from curse. Nilbog also removes cocoons (thanks for the tip Ravagerx). If you want a baby glowstik, use vlad as host pet, nilbog's aa and nightshades HB.

Without a pet who's aa that provides immunity to DoT damage, easiest way to avoid curse is to stay out of range and use bow and aimed shot on mages (if you can see them, they hide in maus maps).

I dont mind the difficulties of these maps, but, I do mind getting one hitted without any notice, one hits happening way out of red zones, getting notice that you have been cursed as you die.

nightmaresmoke
12-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Feels like the old days kraken expansion i like the challenge no need to change.

"The nightmare never ends"

Terminhater
12-09-2016, 06:44 AM
I think the curse mage has been put in as a safety feature, to stop people galloping thru the stages with ease. The curse mage is there to check that. That's my theory.

Them daggers are pretty cool when the Dragonbites, but when it doesn't proc and you're trying to stun the mage, it's more likely adios. The best way I have found for it to proc is have mobs piled in a tight cluster. It's when mobs are kinda scattered that I find it hard to proc. I use my dragon hunter dagg on mauso 3+.

Tbh the really best way to take on the curse mage is have a skilled mage in your party. The guy that knows to fireball a curse mage, freeze mobs and drop clock when and where necessary. A hapless mage will just be throwing heals in the air, failing to crowd control, and getting you killed.

P.S follow pet tips from Avaree's above posts. The advice is gold.

dinzly
12-09-2016, 07:24 AM
does nekro AA protect us from curse??

Lolifee
12-09-2016, 07:32 AM
does nekro AA protect us from curse??

nope it doesnt.

IMO use a Nekro, a slink, a magma/Toor and a nilbog for safe runs

Hosphin
12-09-2016, 07:48 AM
I think the curse mage has been put in as a safety feature, to stop people galloping thru the stages with ease. The curse mage is there to check that. That's my theory.

Them daggers are pretty cool when the Dragonbites, but when it doesn't proc and you're trying to stun the mage, it's more likely adios. The best way I have found for it to proc is have mobs piled in a tight cluster. It's when mobs are kinda scattered that I find it hard to proc. I use my dragon hunter dagg on mauso 3+.

Tbh the really best way to take on the curse mage is have a skilled mage in your party. The guy that knows to fireball a curse mage, freeze mobs and drop clock when and where necessary. A hapless mage will just be throwing heals in the air, failing to crowd control, and getting you killed.

P.S follow pet tips from Avaree's above posts. The advice is gold.

+1, there's no overpower at all, cursed mages just need an icon like aimshot and a red shadow it would be fare, the problem is that they attack without any advice so they take us unprepared, but endgame needs to be a challenge if its not? whats the point? we already don't have elite version, unless IV and V that is a kind of Elite.

Excuses
12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Wow, so even warriors get one-shotted?

Yes we do.
Warriors have dot on Ss, Windmil and axe. Once you hit one of these on curse, you are pretty much dead instantly on M4.

I will say it again, best pet to use for players on a budget is nilbog. Atm he is very affordable 45k in cs. Save his aa for
those curse mages, use aa just before you attack, you got 5 seconds of immunity from curse. Nilbog also removes cocoons (thanks for the tip Ravagerx). If you want a baby glowstik, use vlad as host pet, nilbog's aa and nightshades HB.

Without a pet who's aa that provides immunity to DoT damage, easiest way to avoid curse is to stay out of range and use bow and aimed shot on mages (if you can see them, they hide in maus maps).

I dont mind the difficulties of these maps, but, I do mind getting one hitted without any notice, one hits happening way out of red zones, getting notice that you have been cursed as you die.

I thought about nilbog but didn't try it because I thought I would die even before I remove curse. I should try it. Thanks for the advice.

Only way I can protect my pt is covering them with my heal, that 2 sec shield saves my pt even with curse. And using breeze to just freeze them for now. But good mages works better lol

I deeply agree with your comments.
Hope we could have some notice before it comes.

BTW. Those mages seems not have skill CD too. XD

aerodacto
12-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Main reason I stopped playing new expansion

Terminhater
12-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Only way I can protect my pt is covering them with my heal, that 2 sec shield saves my pt even with curse.

If only all warriors can follow this advice. Blow that horn just before tackling mage, make sure mages and rogues are covered. I take a deep sad sigh when a warr just blows their horn to regen my HP (I got pots) and then runs into a mage mob and gets himself and us massacred. What a waste of 2 sec invincibility.

voidPtr
12-12-2016, 09:10 PM
...I thought about nilbog but didn't try it because I thought I would die even before I remove curse...
You can use Nilbog's AA BEFORE you start attacking the curse mage - after that the whole party has 5 sec immunity to DOT - meaning you all have 5 seconds to kill him, not worrying about curse.

I usually play with pugs and usually am the only one who makes the light green puddles. If there was one more with nillbog's AA - well, then we would have something like 10 secs to kill the mage, while he's unable to curse us.

Ucamaeben
12-12-2016, 09:27 PM
For warrior sky smash into the mage group, then circle the mob up (provided you are leading/pulling). By the time you do this party moves in and then throw HR. Two seconds start ticking. If you have mages and/or rogues the mob is usually toast.

If your a non warrior and running with a warrior with dragon sword keep an eye out for sword proc, it's stun is OP in maus maps. If my sword proc is active I go right after the mage to stun. I think party members think I'm crazy 😜 but it works.

I like the mages in the maps, players have to stay attentive and think through these situations. I've seen some mobs with 4 curse mages and a couple of witches, now talk about eating a whole bowl of suck!

Kollegahx
12-13-2016, 11:37 AM
*Coughs* Because its an Elite Map *Coughs*

soon
12-13-2016, 12:48 PM
You've never tried to make an elite to get a rare loot. There pretty much any mob kills you with 1 hit if you're not careful. It is necessary that you have a good coordination with your team not to die there.

A developer has commented on this here. They will not do elite stages. So the more you progress the more it gets harder. That would be the elite now.

Loveshot
12-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Reminds me of the good ol one shotting pigs in Kraag when the game first game out lol

Newcomx
12-15-2016, 01:28 AM
Hi there, I would like to point out the fact that these two mob types in the current twilight expansion are simply too strong. I have tried several builds and strategies to counter the curse and aimed shot attacks, but it simply came down to keeping your distance from these mobs and hoping that u won't get one-hit killed over and over again. I myself am a rogue with 5700+ hp and 3500+ armor, so I think the developers should really take a look at this since this issue still has not been solved.

I would like to read your opinions and ideas on this matter.

This not an issue, some not accustomed yet. Change it to more "friendly" mobs, just make this map boring.

Excuses
12-15-2016, 02:28 AM
Tested Nilbog for a few days and it worked nicely.

And got glow back and tested it too and I feel stupid how I thought Nilbog was great. This pet is a Bae at new maps. Now I can't use other pet there lol
I put it on breeze and used it after my heal. 2 sec shield + glow shield then my heal cd comes back in 2 sec. Breeze freezes and pools stun.
Works like a charm. Much better than I expected.

voidPtr
12-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Well ofcourse glowstik is better than nilbog :) . Both have the DOT immunity (nilb - 5 sec, glow - 6 sec if the shield doesn't break), but glowstik has a LOT more, additionally, in its AA. But to prevent curse from mages, nilbog is the second useful pet, imo, there's no other pet with dot immunity other than these two, afaik.