View Full Version : Talk with headsets???

antonium
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I know it would probably be a little difficult, but I think it would be cool to actually chat. Now not everywhere just during the runs and in your guild hall. It probably wouldnt be to hard because most of the devices its played on have mics or are phones. Anyone have any thoughts good or bad let me hear please.

Silentarrow
09-28-2011, 05:49 PM
This has been suggested many a times before :). I don't mind typing at all, I suppose it would help all those slow typers a lot though!

Darkfader
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Well only thing what makes it more complicated is android(or not).
I used to play on my iPhone one aircraft multiplayer game which had included voice chat. So least on iOS it is possible to do that system but not sure about android.

Also I can only imagine abuse of that system, and because of abuse sts should record all voice chats to check reports related to voice chat. And amount of daily voice chats with current player amount would be huge. Also data traffic would become higher and it would raise players ping.

As better idea is set up teamspeak/ventrillo server for guild and use it via computer to voice chat with friends.

antonium
09-28-2011, 06:18 PM
My bad didn't know it had been suggested I searched an could find anything about it

Silentarrow
09-28-2011, 06:22 PM
My bad didn't know it had been suggested I searched an could find anything about it
No problem!

Boykin
09-28-2011, 06:34 PM
It'd use a lot of bandwidth. It would have to be a wifi only service.

JaytB
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
As said here already, bandwidth constraints and not being able to monitor what is said in an efficient way (no mute filter on spoken words), make this something we'll probably never see. Personally, I'm all for it though, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for it to ever be implemented :)

Orcish
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I use ventrillo all the time on both the PC and Droid, works great. Not having to text makes gaming so much easier. Ventriloid for all those who want to use it on your Android phone.

Cytokinesis
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
hmmm.... wat about the ppl at Baleforts that want to sell something so now they will just sceam in to the headset...? O.o

JaytB
09-28-2011, 06:52 PM
hmmm.... wat about the ppl at Baleforts that want to sell something so now they will just sceam in to the headset...? O.o

LMAO! that would be a thing to listen at. I already get a headache by just seeing the spam over there, imagine if you actually had to listen to all that :D

SUPAPRODIGY
09-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with this idea as it would make it easier to talk then to write in many games there is teamspeak so we would just need a private server for those who want to use it.....

Cytokinesis
09-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I agree with this idea as it would make it easier to talk then to write in many games there is teamspeak so we would just need a private server for those who want to use it.....
wat about this?!?! V

Orcish
09-28-2011, 08:38 PM
That's the beauty of Teamspeak or Vent, the admin gives out the server info to include a password, and they can always kick that player from that channel or server. Implementing something like this in game will just result in the whole xbox live voip issue where you hear all kinds of crazy chatting. Keeping it to a third party software allows more controls to be applied. I would only recommend using voip software if you have wifi, due to the extra network traffic.

antonium
09-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I didn't mean in towns just runs talk with other four players and in the guild hall

Ixillicus
09-29-2011, 06:16 AM
It'd be kinda cool, but hard to control. And honestly, half the time I am playing I am in a room with other people, I am sure they wouldn't like it if I was talking stupid stuff in to my phone while I am ignoring them, too.

MimeRifle
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
It'd be kinda cool, but hard to control. And honestly, half the time I am playing I am in a room with other people, I am sure they wouldn't like it if I was talking stupid stuff in to my phone while I am ignoring them, too.

Right!! Lol

Neffy
09-29-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm all for this. I doubt it'll get implemented but I would love to see it. And if it's the filtering they're worried about then look at it this way: As soon as you plug that mic into, you agree to anything that's said. You shouldn't be trying to talk to people if you can't handle what is said. And a lot of people who play PL are grown men and women. It's not like you've never heard it before; STS can filter what they wish in text but there's an agreement that comes when you plug that mic in.

Darkfader
09-29-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm all for this. I doubt it'll get implemented but I would love to see it. And if it's the filtering they're worried about then look at it this way: As soon as you plug that mic into, you agree to anything that's said. You shouldn't be trying to talk to people if you can't handle what is said. And a lot of people who play PL are grown men and women. It's not like you've never heard it before; STS can filter what they wish in text but there's an agreement that comes when you plug that mic in.

When you register your game account you also agree anything on their TOS. Wondering why ppl still get banned/muted in game. By making agree something written on paper, doesn't make all behave as should to. So following of this system is hard, and i doubt they would want to record all voice chats every day just because someone breaks rules and they can check it.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:31 AM
When you register your game account you also agree anything on their TOS. Wondering why ppl still get banned/muted in game. By making agree something written on paper, doesn't make all behave as should to. So following of this system is hard, and i doubt they would want to record all voice chats every day just because someone breaks rules and they can check it.
I get what you're saying. Fair enough, it does in fact interfere with their TOS.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Check this out for guilds. I HOPE nobody (and devs) don't mind me posting this here. If it's breaking the rules then I'll remove the link, I promise!

www.shivtr.com

They offer different services for guilds and one of them is voice chat! A bit of a work around if you're running a guild. :) Again, I apologize if this is not allowed.