PDA

View Full Version : Armor dyer!

Silentarrow
09-28-2011, 07:32 PM
I think it would be awesome if we could dye our armor. I think that certain armors could be only dyed for certain colors so people don't confuse different sets ex: Chromoweave/Custom Chromoweave.

Thoughts? Opinions? :)

TANKKAAR
09-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I love this idea and would even be willing to pay like 5-10 plat. What would take it even one step further is make the different colors come with small stat increases like the faces from magic mirror :)

But really IDK if I could change this set to much, maybe just flip the colors Red armor and Black glyphs

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/1317257510396-1.jpg

Orcish
09-28-2011, 08:50 PM
They did this in Guildwars and it worked well. If you wanted certain colors you had to mix and match dyes. Black was always popular and was highly valuable. It adds that extra something to uniqueness and people enjoy that. Color dyes ftw!

Mreeks
09-28-2011, 09:28 PM
this is a cool idea. maybe the dye that drops and could be collected could be alien blood, or mechanical oils from bots?

darkfussion
09-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Would be nice

SUPAPRODIGY
09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
+1 :)

Kakatoa91
09-29-2011, 01:21 AM
simple stuff to help personalisation of avatar.

Give me a color spray can plx!

octavos
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM
I agree on color changes....so new armors just concentrate on look, EG...lights, effects, styles ect... We pay for the color changes :p plat or credits would be nice. just like hair styles...we can do it with armor
EG: Like a real female player who likes pink...bright pink lol.... then they can make one. (no matter the level)...but I would like to see a red/black commando O.O or a orange engineer, black and purple op (Ninja :p)

Pros
-help with guild them colors (Rage of Mages...a verity of Dark Greens and White)
-personalization
-anyone can do it
-cost plat or credits to do

Cons
- tuff to implement a color slider
- can be expensive plat purchase/credits
- if this was implemented, new updates would need different armor designs

Cascade
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, i think this has been suggested already several times. But, its always good to post a refresh and guild colors would be great.

StompArtist
09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
This is a wonderful idea. I completely support this idea for both games.

octavos
09-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah, i think this has been suggested already several times. But, its always good to post a refresh and guild colors would be great.

This is a wonderful idea. I completely support this idea for both games.

Yes, this supports guild ideas....or have the guild place the color changes when people are in a guild...the GM sets the tone of the guild :p
So if you see a green and black color avitar, you can guess without opening there avatar page what guild they were in, and have an option to turn off guild color branding

As it stands now...guilds are just a name :p (EG: Red and White AOC, Special ops unit black and purple, Blackstar militia Gray and red, Koc Blue and Black....ect) P.S. I like black :D

Hullukko
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
I love this idea and would even be willing to pay like 5-10 plat. What would take it even one step further is make the different colors come with small stat increases like the faces from magic mirror :)

Please, don't mix vanity stuff (faces, vanity items, dying) with stats. It takes away it's vanity aspect and turns into a normal item and people will select them based on stats and their looks and most people will look alike more so than before.

Lowlyspy
09-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Blackstar militia Gray and redOMG you read my mind! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :p

I would absolutley love this feature. It would definitely let us express ourselves more than a variety of vanities (not that vanities arent AWESOME)

EDIT: Lol i wonder what colors crimson will choose?......ROLL TIDE! :p

Gazroast
09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
+1 Colour Dyes FTW!

Nourish
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
They did this in Guildwars and it worked well. If you wanted certain colors you had to mix and match dyes. Black was always popular and was highly valuable. It adds that extra something to uniqueness and people enjoy that. Color dyes ftw!
OMG. I bought that assassin armor that had the spikes on the shoulders in the factions campaign (forgot names sorry think it's right though) and dyed it all black... Used up 200k!!

Orcish
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
OMG. I bought that assassin armor that had the spikes on the shoulders in the factions campaign (forgot names sorry think it's right though) and dyed it all black... Used up 200k!!
I beta tested Guildwars back in the day, I'm the reason they nerfed protection monks lol. I also started the whole frenzy ASCII merchanting phase, eventually some smart player's figured out how to add the special characters, good times.

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 06:04 AM
(EG: Red and White AOC, :D

Black, Red and White... im not greedy or anything just love black ig :p

This would be awesome! Unsure if it could be implemented easily, as Octavos mentioned, it will be hard for the Dev's to bring out something new colour wise as will be able to change colour anyway.. /:

digilaz
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Great idea!

skavenger216
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Scary, octavos........ If I had to pick guild colors for koc, it would be blue and black.... Lol.

Barrington
09-30-2011, 02:15 PM
or it could work like Team Fortress 2 were only specific colors were obtainable and only specific hats can be painted.
would love to actually see it in game

P.S: Soldiers of Fortune colors would be Black with Gold parts maybe like this 1303 (thats the color scheme i used when i played dawn of war)

angelofmercy
10-01-2011, 09:37 AM
What about animations for armor pieces, lightning , flames , pulsing glow etc different colors too!

octavos
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
OMG you read my mind! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :p

I would absolutley love this feature. It would definitely let us express ourselves more than a variety of vanities (not that vanities arent AWESOME)

EDIT: Lol i wonder what colors crimson will choose?......ROLL TIDE! :p

Scary, octavos........ If I had to pick guild colors for koc, it would be blue and black.... Lol.

O.O well it is scary lol. Im da Ghost :p

starsavior
10-03-2011, 11:54 AM
What about like a guild seal to put on your armor.

StompArtist
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Pink and Yellow FTW!

Manwolf
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Love this. +1

Nightarcher
10-04-2011, 11:53 PM
This would work better in SL than in PL, because armor looks generally more unique in actual design. (E.G.: lvl5 commando gear vs. lvl 25 commando gear)

I definitely would like this, but I would prefer more outstandingly unique armor designs for newly-released gear.