PDA

View Full Version : How to Avoid/spot scammers

CipiXxArcanexX
12-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Hello Arlor, I've seen so many people complaining about scammers and things like report "player name" because he scammed me so I tought a thread that would let You know how to spot a scanner would help avoid getting that.
Let's name the player that is scammer "scammer"
Auction scam:
Scammer says: Sell leprauchen pendant (lepre) for "item he says"
If you search that item and is only one of it, or even there are many but are overpriced, DON'T BUY!. He will close the trade and search If that item sold, from one of his alternative chars.
*Items can vary
Blinky/Blight
This scam is pretty easy to spot, You have to pay attention at the name of the egg/item.
Blinky's egg
Blight's egg have similar names and You might don't see at first which is which, and Scammer can trick You pay like 70-100k depends how much Worth blinky at that moment, for a blight's egg which is 2-5k.
This scam is also seenable between items of diffrent types. Like "item name" of fatality and "of lethality. Some people don't pay attention to the whole name and ... And.... :)
PM RUSH!/TRADE FAST!
Leprauchen pendant/The lunar pendant (2in1)
Exemple:
Scammer says "Sell leprauchen pendant cheap pm me RUSH!!!"
You trade, and You say 145k
He says ok, You enter the money,
And he say, can u add pls item or anything, or 5k? Pls pls.
And he will continue sending mesages to make You respinse. By the tine You are typing something he will change the lepre pendant with lunar, and say nvm ok. And You might don't see at first but if you rush You can get tricked.

This is all i remember it happened to me since i play.
Please pay attention to the trade and don't rush. And also, there is a second window trade that let's you to verify the trade, and check all the items and gold ammount he/she entered.
Hope this thread will help some people not getting scammed anymore. If You know any method that is not in this thread please let me know to add it.[emoji4]
<Garuda Muda>

Trimis de pe al meu A5_Easy folosind Tapatalk

Elichka
12-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Thanks for starting this informative thread, I thought for a while it would be great to find some thread where people can share the methods scammers use to do their thing.. I hope more people can post what they came across. I haven't been scammed although people tried. Lately it is very common that I put some item in CS and I usually auction things at the lowest of the low prices, and all of a sudden people start pming me convincing me to sell them the item for half of the price (or beg me to give them the item for free, but that's less often). I think people think that only cuz they sold/bought something in trade it's legit even tho people find means to manipulate there as well.

Fyrce
12-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Refer to the following super useful scam guides:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?137292-Guide-Scams-Avoiding-Scams-and-What-to-do-if-You-are-Scammed

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?342990-Scam-tactics-101-Be-careful-of-who-you-trust

Vvildfire
12-11-2016, 04:16 AM
This:

The "Auction scam" is the trickiest one. But the satisfaction when you actually have the item they're "buying/trading" and uncover their foul play is priceless :D

Befs
12-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Replace everything in OP with :

Use common sense.

Riyogi
12-13-2016, 12:32 AM
True dat lol

Tootex
12-13-2016, 07:28 AM
This one isn't a scam but it's a tricky one to spot if you don't know an items true value. Seller says swap my 2 crawly eggs (this is an example) for your lepre so u rush to auction to check the price of a crawly egg and they are selling for 100k each (they are actually worth around 30k+ but because there are only a few listed the prices are ridiculously high). You complete the trade not realizing you've just lost 120k. Be vigilant guys and if in doubt or it seems to good to be true walk away or ask an experienced player for advice,

Feel free to add this to your original post

Att
12-13-2016, 10:15 AM
there are other ways to tackle scammers too. when someone trying to scam you, you start begging for free gold and items. scammers really get pissed off with that....and jst for info if you by chance encounter a begger then to avoid him u can start trolling....so basically trolls > beggers > scammers.

btw reporting your post for using name "scammer".... it could be someones name

Suentous PO
12-13-2016, 11:18 AM

Use common sense.

No use, common sense was nerfed decades ago after threads crying that it gave others an advantage

JesuisCharlie
12-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello,

Yes scammers are reals, the simple kid trying to get fun or the real predator who study your in game behavior understanding ur personnality they are serious problems.. And THEY EXIST!

I'm myself been scammed one time even with all the expérience i had when i came back to the game.

Take in mind WE ARE ALL affected by these negatives personn and being scam dont make you a unexperienced, innocent, stupid or asshole guy!

In fact, there is always better than you, someone older that will understand you well and try to get your trust on the long time to scam you as an exemple for advanced ones.. Yes all scam arent obvious.

So PLEASE:

-Trade items always on the Windows
- NEVER give items to someone
-Often, scammer use alts, not the main character for the scam..that can be a factor so watch.

Also, not everyone is a scammer. I found amazing personn by this game so don't believe you have to play alone and dont be affraid to chat:)

Be careful and have fun.

Burstnuke
12-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Use common sense as above have said. If you fall for a scam in a video game with a secure trading system then you deserve to lose whatever you lost LMAO

JesuisCharlie
12-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Use common sense as above have said. If you fall for a scam in a video game with a secure trading system then you deserve to lose whatever you lost LMAO

My poor hater you deserve to write one thousand time "i musn't judge peoples" on a paper i guess that will be on the list after your death

Att
12-13-2016, 08:47 PM
No use, common sense was nerfed decades ago after threads crying that it gave others an advantage

yuo mean arcane sence?

Suentous PO
12-13-2016, 09:16 PM
yuo mean arcane sence?

Might be idk, but that would explain why some cant afford it

shadowronn
12-14-2016, 12:39 AM
add this to the list of scam type:
you: S) immortal staff clean pm me ty
scammer: my offer is orange founder set and arcane ring.
you: nty
scammer: my frnd offer 900k for orange founder set.
you:his name?
scammer: blah blah blah
you:okay deal trade
you: /t blah blah blah wanna buy orange founder
blah blah blah: no sorry already bought from someone else

you don't really know that the orange founder is worth 500k and he fooled you by asking his frnd to make a fake offer and run away so be ware.

Promagin
12-15-2016, 01:36 AM

What if they were blind?

Tootex
12-15-2016, 04:43 AM
Avoid anyone who claims they can double your gold and/or items. It's impossible for them to do and is 100% a scam

tasakli
12-15-2016, 08:03 AM
Avoiding is easy :eagerness:

Motherless_Child
12-15-2016, 09:03 AM

Use common sense.

:eagerness:..................................

Att
12-15-2016, 10:38 AM
Avoid anyone who claims they can double your gold and/or items. It's impossible for them to do and is 100% a scam

Its actually possible but very few people know how to do it hence might be a scam. But not sure becoz i only tried it once.