PDA

View Full Version : Best device to play Pocket Legends on? [ADVICE]

Spekticle
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok so, I own an iPod Touch 4G 32gb. Its great and all but my hands get really sore from playing PL for 2+ Hours or more. Now since PL is to my video game as Xbox 360 is to some other peoples entertainment. I was thinking about investing in a used or cheap android phone that has a bigger screen. I don't want it on a contract and I need it to be wifi enabled and I need it to run pocket legends smoothly.

Now pocket legends obviously won't be my only use of it, it would probably replace my iPod so please don't ask why I'm spending $200 dollars on just a device to play pocket legends. I want a replacement for the iPod anyways.

So any ideas where to buy one from? budget is $200

Soo ebay maybe? Grab a Kindle Fire when it comes out? Buy an old Galaxy 2 (w/e its called)? 7inch Galaxy Tab?

Post ideas please!

NECROREAPER
09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Kindle fire is your best bet. Aside from that, nothing beats the playing experience of playing on an iPad 2

Spekticle
09-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Kindle fire is your best bet. Aside from that, nothing beats the playing experience of playing on an iPad 2
Thats what i was afraid of :-/ Hahaha, but I just purchased a MacBook Pro and that put a rather large dent in my wallet...sooo iPad is out of the picture.

Trollee
09-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I beleive the Sony Xperia Play allows you to switch targets easier, among other things. From the sounds of it, this would be the best to play PL on.

Spekticle
09-28-2011, 11:12 PM
I beleive the Sony Xperia Play allows you to switch targets easier, among other things. From the sounds of it, this would be the best to play PL on.

Ok thanks I will also look into this!

Well the xperia play used is around 300-400 wayyy out of my range but thanks though!

WhoIsThis
09-28-2011, 11:16 PM
$200 without a contract is not going to buy a very high end Android phone. I suppose you could try used phones on Ebay maybe.

An Xperia Play probably can't be had for $200.

A Galaxy S2 is not an old phone either - in fact it is currently the fastest Android phone on the market. It will cost at best $500 (and likely more) off contract.

Trollee
09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok thanks I will also look into this!

Well the xperia play used is around 300-400 wayyy out of my range but thanks though!

Yeah fair enough. I would love to have one too, guess my Samsung Galaxy S will have to do for now =/

Spekticle
09-28-2011, 11:18 PM
$200 without a contract is not going to buy a very high end Android phone. I suppose you could try used phones on Ebay maybe.

A Galaxy S2 is not an old phone either - in fact it is currently the fastest Android phone on the market. It will cost at best $500 (and likely more) off contract.

Oh, i meant the original Galaxy S. But all right thanks. So ill probably wait for the Kindle Fire to come out!

WhoIsThis
09-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Oh, i meant the original Galaxy S. But all right thanks. So ill probably wait for the Kindle Fire to come out!

It's not clear if the Kindle Fire can even sideload apps. Amazon has been extremely secretive on it.

Of course, once its out, it will probably be hacked so perhaps that won't be a concern.

SuperNas
09-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Nexus s

Neffy
09-29-2011, 03:53 AM

I was just in radioshack today and without a contract it's $579. If I'm not mistaken this is way more than $200. :|

crestmage
09-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Lolz why all the fuss? Just get urself a 7inch Galaxy Tab. It can act as a phone and is powered by froyo. U can always root it and get custom ROM to honeycomb, of course.
The Galaxy Tab is ur best bet cuz of its large-enough screen. And its surprisingly affordable, too. the only downside is its short batt span. But it should last on Pl for minimum 3 2/1 hrs.

superglut2
09-29-2011, 05:26 AM
tablet, i uwed to play on iphone its horrible for your eyes

JaytB
09-29-2011, 05:34 AM
If you can get any table for below $200,-, I'd go with that. The bigger screen allows for a much more relaxing play style IMO. In weekends, I often play for hours straight (on IPad) and it definitely feels way better in both therms of finger and eyestrain, as compared to playing on my iPhone (4).

WoundedEagle
09-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Nook Color, Droid X, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic or upcoming iOS 5. Only said iOS 5 because screen size is being about a 1/2 bigger and I prefer Apple.... Good luck. Droid X is cheap and has a huge screen that runs PL smoothly.

apocketlegend
09-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Androids don't have a good touch sense than apple. I have both and when I play I prefer my iPods small screen over the way bigger inspires.

pastrychef
09-29-2011, 09:27 AM
iPad. Hands down.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I first started on the iPod touch 4th gen but 10 inches of screen space has me completely addicted to the game. :)

I hear there's a new Kindle out? Called the Flame or something? Starting at $199! I say grab you a nice tablet and enjoy this beautiful game even more! :)

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not clear if the Kindle Fire can even sideload apps. Amazon has been extremely secretive on it.

Of course, once its out, it will probably be hacked so perhaps that won't be a concern.
Its running a customized version of android so I'm pretty sure you can run 3rd party apps.

Nook Color, Droid X, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic or upcoming iOS 5. Only said iOS 5 because screen size is being about a 1/2 bigger and I prefer Apple.... Good luck. Droid X is cheap and has a huge screen that runs PL smoothly.Thanks ill look into the droid x

iPad. Hands down.
Thanks you're helpful! Considering you can't get an iPad 1G for less then $200....

I first started on the iPod touch 4th gen but 10 inches of screen space has me completely addicted to the game. :)

I hear there's a new Kindle out? Called the Flame or something? Starting at $199! I say grab you a nice tablet and enjoy this beautiful game even more! :)

YES! My mom is actually ordering one for herself when it comes out. Ill probably play around with that before actually ordering one

Haowesie
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I play for fun on iPhone, but serious farming or gameplay on iPad :)

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I play for fun on iPhone, but serious farming or gameplay on iPad :)\
Thanks again :-P haha i know how amazing PL is on the iPad or a 10inch screen but I do not have that a cash just laying around because i just got a new MBP that i love! Speaking of laptops, PL needs a computer client.

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Speaking of laptops, PL needs a computer client.
NO!!!!

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
NO!!!!

And why not??? Don't change any thing! just make it so PL is available to play on the computers!

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 06:14 PM
And why not??? Don't change any thing! just make it so PL is available to play on the computers!
ok... think about it... a FREE game on the computer = a hacker's galore

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 06:37 PM
YES! My mom is actually ordering one for herself when it comes out. Ill probably play around with that before actually ordering one

Cool! Good luck, buddy! :)

Speaking of laptops, PL needs a computer client.

Actually, developers are working on that now! Hehe :)

WoundedEagle
09-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Pretty Soon....

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
then if it comes out on computers it'll be called Desktop Legends or PC Legends hmmm...?

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
then if it comes out on computers it'll be called Desktop Legends or PC Legends hmmm...?

Id still call it Pocket Legends. It would still make sense because if you look at the avatars they are small in stature so pocket could be synonymous with small. But none the less it will be a fun game.

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Pretty Soon....

Now was that a "Pretty soon...." said with enthusiasm or dread?

pastrychef
09-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks you're helpful! Considering you can't get an iPad 1G for less then $200....

Thanks for the smart alec reply. He asked for best and I gave my opinion.

Singleteddy
09-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks you're helpful! Considering you can't get an iPad 1G for less then $200.... eBay—I just checked the recently completed listings for you, and there was one good condition iPad 2 that recently sold for $200 and then a couple more that sold at $220 and $230. OK, $200 is not technically "less than $200", but it's pretty close. :)

krazii
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Yea, easy to pickup an Ipad on ebay for 200ish and it's hands down the best way to play. Other then that I'd wait to see if Kindle Fire allows PL app before buying.

Spekticle
10-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the smart alec reply. He asked for best and I gave my opinion.

Who is this he you are talking about
?0

WhoIsThis
10-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Its running a customized version of android so I'm pretty sure you can run 3rd party apps.

Android has the ability to run apps, yes. That does not mean that Amazon may not impose artificial limitations though on their product. They would want to get sales via their App Store.

I suspect that Amazon may be selling their hardware at a net loss or barely breakeven and then using the sales to make up for the costs.

Spekticle
10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Android has the ability to run apps, yes. That does not mean that Amazon may not impose artificial limitations though on their product. They would want to get sales via their App Store.

I suspect that Amazon may be selling their hardware at a net loss or barely breakeven and then using the sales to make up for the costs.

Thats what I have heard also. But someone will hack it so we can run full untouched android on the kFire and that is what I am banking on.
Even so It wouldn't be that hard for Spacetime to submit the PL app to the amazon store because the kFire is running android