PDA

View Full Version : Elves reviving & conflicting thoughts of it

XchilangopwnX
09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Recently, since the Nuri Hallows expansion I have encountered conflicting thoughts.
Okay so before the expansion, everyone was accustomed to thanking our fellow elves for reviving us, right? Well, as we said "ty/thnkx/thnx/thx/thanks/thank you/etc." they would reply "np/yw/anytime/no prob/youre welcome/etc." Sadly, I have begun to think that once we are 'rezd' we dont even have to thank our elves anymore. Ever since Nuri's release elves rez and boom keep on pwning those tough mobs. When I say thank you, I dont know if its because they dont want to stop to type or what not, but now I rarely get a friendly reply. :( My question to the community is should I just go on without thanking elves anymore since it seems they just ignore the 'thank you's' now? And is it alright to do so or not. Discuss, please. :)

Zaltiar
09-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Theres no real reason to thank them really, though I do thank the players that rev me but its just a sign of courtesy. Are you going to thank a tank for taking all the aggro? Are you going to thank the dps bird for doing mass amounts of damage?

XchilangopwnX
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Guess not. Although, I have thanked those "teddies" that know how to do their job. Birds, I have never heard of them being thanked....but at least with that said I will not feel bad for not saying anything anymore. Yet, I probably will keep doing so since I got into the habit of it.

RedRyder
09-29-2011, 12:44 AM
I've never expected a thanks for reviving, it's what I'm supposed to do. In turn, I don't thank mages either unless they went out of their way, like me getting knockbacked to kingdom come and them walking all the way back to me. You don't say "hey, thanks for tanking!" to a bear or "hey thanks for the break armor!'' to the bird, its simply expected of them :)

Edit: in the time it took me to write all that and stopping halfway for a donut, zal did a telepathic ninja >=\

Otukura
09-29-2011, 12:46 AM
I get rather... annoyed at thanks. I'll say 'no prob', or 'anytime', but I don't like taking the time out to type that -- whether its Sewers or Nuris.

Zeus
09-29-2011, 12:52 AM
I get rather... annoyed at thanks. I'll say 'no prob', or 'anytime', but I don't like taking the time out to type that -- whether its Sewers or Nuris.

Laziness and procrastination at its finest! I aspire! ;)

McBain
09-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I don't a rev warrants thanking, because it's really part of a mage's "job" to do so. It's not a selfless act. The mage is healing and revving you because they have a better chance of staying alive if you do too. In fact, it would be stupid for a mage not to rev someone in most cases.

XchilangopwnX
09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
I was conflicted cause--you could say--i grew up in sewers with ppl thanking elves. I always did think it was a bit abnormal to say ty for reving if its in there job description. But thanks all of ya

Suentous PO
09-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Howabout I say, :)
:), shouldn't necessitate a response in a 1hit 1kill place like nuris, & I won't feel bad when I don't have the time to do that. Got that on quickchat.
-Heheh "thank birds", I got told "nice kiting" once & fell out my chair. Lulz

AdinoEznite
09-29-2011, 01:34 AM
i think it should be a normal thing for a mage to revive (and heal the party)...like it should be expected of them
i seriously contemplated making a mage just to do that lol (i played a healer in another mmo)

Treenire
09-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Tbh im not bothered whether im thanked for heal/revz. Generally im too busy looking at everyones health and my buffs to pay much attention to the chat box.. (esp in nuris) I tend to thank everyone after games(saves time) =]

AdinoEznite
09-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Tbh im not bothered whether im thanked for heal/revz. Generally im too busy looking at everyones health and my buffs to pay much attention to the chat box.. (esp in nuris) I tend to thank everyone after games(saves time) =]
dang i wanna run with you lol
its usually really hard to find a mage that will actually heal actively

Treenire
09-29-2011, 02:31 AM
dang i wanna run with you lol
its usually really hard to find a mage that will actually heal actively

The way i see it, if i dont heal the group may die and so i will die as well.. Lol

Aneheazatek
09-29-2011, 02:39 AM
I do thank the mages in my games for rev and healing only exception of times where i am busy pressing the health pot to keep myself alive after rev. I seriously do think that mages and bears ought to be appreciated more than before. Without them in the game, it's tough, especially in Nuri.

pastrychef
09-29-2011, 03:14 AM
I think that I don't thank enough and I apologize to all mages for that. The reason is that I often get too angry at dying to thank. But I do agree with Zaltair's comments, as well.

crestmage
09-29-2011, 04:26 AM
I think we should thank regularly as it gives the elves motivation to heal on lol. And yea i agree that a good healer is one that checks on other players health instead of themselves. I try to buff and heal as often as i could. And also to rev, cuz i dont wanna be the only one left behind with mob :)

XchilangopwnX
09-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Wow, I am glad many elve players think this way. I think I am going to start thanking the team at the end of the run. It seems better and you can thank the whole team for a good run. But, thing is that when in PUGS people do not tend to stick around for more then 3 econds lol.

SuperNas
09-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Well I'm from sl (engineer) and this is the reason why I don't use revive or empathy (heal) to many rude people out their...I always kindly warn people (mostly when I host open game) that I don't have rev, they say "your useless!" Umm how would that make me useless when your the one who can't fight one mob without loosing 75-80% of your health but I'm the one useless lol OK......after that I boot them :D
My Eng has crazy debuffing skills..i find myself doing more overall Damage than a cmd. Ik you guys are talking bout PL btw, I just thought I should share with you guys lol

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Recently, since the Nuri Hallows expansion I have encountered conflicting thoughts.
Okay so before the expansion, everyone was accustomed to thanking our fellow elves for reviving us, right? Well, as we said "ty/thnkx/thnx/thx/thanks/thank you/etc." they would reply "np/yw/anytime/no prob/youre welcome/etc." Sadly, I have begun to think that once we are 'rezd' we dont even have to thank our elves anymore. Ever since Nuri's release elves rez and boom keep on pwning those tough mobs. When I say thank you, I dont know if its because they dont want to stop to type or what not, but now I rarely get a friendly reply. :( My question to the community is should I just go on without thanking elves anymore since it seems they just ignore the 'thank you's' now? And is it alright to do so or not. Discuss, please. :)

I thank whoever rev'd me whether it's annoying or not. Whether or not you want to keep thanking is up to you. I just like to show that I appreciate it. And more times than not, I get a response back. :)

Charmstrange
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Well I'm from sl (engineer) and this is the reason why I don't use revive or empathy (heal) to many rude people out their...I always kindly warn people (mostly when I host open game) that I don't have rev, they say "your useless!" Umm how would that make me useless when your the one who can't fight one mob without loosing 75-80% of your health but I'm the one useless lol OK......after that I boot them :D
My Eng has crazy debuffing skills..i find myself doing more overall Damage than a cmd. Ik you guys are talking bout PL btw, I just thought I should share with you guys lol

Rude people may exist, but revive is such a useful skill that I can't imagine why anyone would choose not to have it. I would spend 1 skill point to add it to my bear if I could! Then I could rez u while slamming the mob up against the wall ;)

Doubletime
09-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Theres no real reason to thank them really, though I do thank the players that rev me but its just a sign of courtesy. Are you going to thank a tank for taking all the aggro? Are you going to thank the dps bird for doing mass amounts of damage?

When I am on my mage, I don't expect or need anyone to thank me for a Res or healing. It is one of the main points of the mage toon. In a run yesterday, someone said the typical "ty" and my reply was "np that is what I am here for". That basically sums it up. The "ty" is fine but certainly not needed. I couldn't have said it better that Zaltiar.

wvhills
09-29-2011, 07:40 AM

Do you play PL? If so what are your igns? I want to be sure to never do any runs with you. Lol.

Uepauke
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
It's tough, I feel rude not saying 'np' in return but then, while I'm typing, the group's gone ahead, so...

Rare
09-29-2011, 08:27 AM
I will generally thanks players that do things exceptionally well.

For instance, mages that pay attention to other players health bars and anticipate when they are going to die. This, I think, is an art that not many players master.

For bears, if they stay ahead of the pack and do a good job of taking agro and grouping mobs together for the kill. That is also a slowly dying art in Nuri's.

For birds, I'm not sure there is much that I would thanks or expect to be thanked for. Any ideas?

ATL

Rare
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
EDIT: Also, in Nuri's I generally dont respond because I'm still in sewer gear. Responding almost certainly means death for me. Once mobs are dead, it seems a little late.

EDIT2: Oops. clicked reply instead of edit.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Rude people may exist, but revive is such a useful skill that I can't imagine why anyone would choose not to have it. I would spend 1 skill point to add it to my bear if I could! Then I could rez u while slamming the mob up against the wall ;)

Main reason mages/eng's don't always have rev is more damage/heal output. In twinking, rev is almost never needed, so 99% of all twinks won't have it. :]

On topic, when I rev people, 90% of them thank me. But being that I use Mega Mage, and no pots, I won't reply for the reason many have stated before me. I will either die, or my team will die if I stop to type. :] , Most of the time in Nuri runs I've done, I'm the only Mage, so I spam heal, buffs, and mana shield. :D

Rare
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Wow, if that is your stance, I would mostly have to agree with them. Reviving and healing are the most important skills for an Eng. If you didn't want to use those skills you should have chosen a different class.

EDIT: Although, I guess if you are warning them they have a chance to drop off. So, to each their own I guess.

ATL

Doubletime
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Main reason mages/eng's don't always have rev is more damage/heal output. In twinking, rev is almost never needed, so 99% of all twinks won't have it. :]

On topic, when I rev people, 90% of them thank me. But being that I use Mega Mage, and no pots, I won't reply for the reason many have stated before me. I will either die, or my team will die if I stop to type. :] , Most of the time in Nuri runs I've done, I'm the only Mage, so I spam heal, buffs, and mana shield. :D

I don't really pvp, so I don't know this for sure -- but doesn't res have an additional buff or buffs attached to it that could be useful in pvp.

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Practically after Ao3 in Sewers and NH no one says "Ty" or "Thx" anymore but i think that is because they recognize that reviving is part of a mages job so there's no need to say that anymore like for example u wouldn't say "Thx for tanking" to a bear or "Ty for keeping arggo"

Bignose
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Personally I don't say np all the time because:
1. It is a healers job to heal
2. In nuris, I'm doing all I can to stay alive
3. Sometimes I'm getting beat down so bad I can only Spam pots and hope...lol
All that said I do enjoy hearing a thx, but not offended if I don't get one :D

SuperNas
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I forgot ing lol

SuperNas
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM

Wow, if that is your stance, I would mostly have to agree with them. Reviving and healing are the most important skills for an Eng. If you didn't want to use those skills you should have chosen a different class.

EDIT: Although, I guess if you are warning them they have a chance to drop off. So, to each their own I guess.

ATL

Engineers are all over the game. If I happen to go on a run with cliche abilities my skill would be next to nothing..... engineer skills don't stack up anymore.

Yvonnel
09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I normally don't expect a thanks, but if you give one, I'll reply "np :-)".

Notice I said "normally". I am increasingly seeing players who won't pay attention to the rest of the group and run off and die. Now I will come find you and revive you. When I do this I expect a thank you. Why, because I went out of my way to come back and help you out of a situation that you could have avoided.

Oh, btw.....

I love it when these people call me a "Noob!". You got that right. :)

McBain
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Lol... ^^ That was my response..

Asaciuacor
09-29-2011, 06:25 PM
when mages dont have rev, i tend to use the boot button, or i leave, if i wasnt doing my job i would hope you would boot me too!

LADYHADASSA
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM

I am a mage i do not expect thanks every time, nor do i expect to be called a noob mage when a pkayer dies half way threw a map and im at boss, rez is not an option when i am holding aggro..

And YES p,ease do thatn the tanks and dexes that know their game!!! I do.. I looooove a good tank and dex!! With a good mage maps are a breeze and lots of fun :) ....DO not stop type and die so we have to rez with the thAnks :)...
But if a mage uses plat to rez a dead team yep thank them thats their rl money making your life easy :(

XchilangopwnX
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I appreciate each and every opinion each of you have given. I was more preoccupied that maybe by saying "ty" mages would not answer from being annoyed. After reading mage players' opinions I am not worried now. I will continue to thank my "saviors" unless I die more then twice lol. I guess after two revs its redundant and well they pretty much know I am thankful for the rez.
Again thanks for your comments :)