PDA

View Full Version : Old Memories

shadowronn
12-14-2016, 06:17 AM
Hi veterans who came to this thread
now i would like to know things we did as newbies in this game when we started out lemme start with this

"Remember those good ol days farming last map in brack(sorry forgot that dudes name) when waiting for him to call on his other frnds"?

post ur memories too thanks

resurrected
12-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Running elite Ydra whenever got luck elixir hoping for malison eggs.
Sprint to jarl for lockeds.
Grinding nordr elite all day and night for hammers xD

toinksz
12-14-2016, 07:42 AM
running out of boss area everytime my health gone low, then RESET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
12-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Went in Elite Lost Mages' Mine with a fresh luck elix with the hope of getting even one snaggletooth or a Wrath Jaw and then coming back out with an inventory full of epics and not even one legendary item.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Zwid
12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Running Rook nest map around 20 minutes in 'pro team' and hoping to loot Malison Egg :)

GoodSyntax
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
PVE

Farming for Ribbit, Kettle and Malison eggs was profitable
Elite Glob was a one hit killer!
Wrathjaw was a valuable pet at the time
Colton was a top pet for Sorcs, so everyone took the time to do all three Bards quests every single day
Farming elite Frostir for Entombed Hammers was a good source of income
There was a time when there weren't any Locked Crates....just think about that
Agile Ranger gear was as good as it got for Rogues
Lifethief daggers were so crazy OP that there were endless threads asking for a nerf
When running elite Rooks Nest (for Mali eggs), people actually waited for you to respawn and rush to boss before they killed him (since it took 15-20 minutes per run)
Running Goldmine, waiting for Ghul to summon three other bosses so you could maximize reroll loot
I remember the day the Arena opened, and it was so insanely difficult that I actually complained to Remiem, who of course joined and used a /killall after struggling through the first two bosses and told my party "That's wasn't so difficult lol". It was nerfed shortly afterward.
I remember running Planar Tombs 3 with a friend on the first day, both of us raged at the boss, blowing 10 Revenge buffs each before finally killing him. Again, boss was nerfed shortly afterward
There was a time when soloing elites was actually extremely difficult and very few players did it
Getting a Kraken Skewer drop was the same as getting a dump truck filled with gold
NOBODY ran elite Skull Cove...
Farming elite Ferrix and Overgrowth was challenging, fun and profitable
When you couldn't get a full party, elite LMM (Lost Mages Mine) was common and loot was surprisingly good
Taking the time to study pulls and group strategy was actually valuable and made a huge difference in runs
An hour of farming elites might have cost you only a couple of deaths...and only because YOU made a mistake (like piercing into a Shaman's stomp)

PVP

The goal of CTF was to capture the flag, and teams actually worked together without blocking/ganging/etc.
I remember PvP before pets were allowed, and then a few players figured out an exploit to sneak pets in....they were ganged mercilessly until they left, and their teammates allowed it to happen
PvP was all about fair play, strategies were shared over public chat and people actually took the time to teach noobs
I also remember the all warrior wolf pack parties with rotating HoR being unstoppable

Vvildfire
12-14-2016, 11:00 AM
PVE

I remember the day the Arena opened, and it was so insanely difficult that I actually complained to Remiem, who of course joined and used a /killall after struggling through the first two bosses and told my party "That's wasn't so difficult lol". It was nerfed shortly afterward.

Lmao! o.o

Lizzie AL
12-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Farmed Lockeds 24/7

Malisons 24/10 :D

Rabbit and Much more. and died like 1Million times :D

Dont
12-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Drop of frost and blight eggs :(.

Att
12-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Remember farming elite Jarl for elite gold chests at 16 cap.

Zaizor
12-14-2016, 03:17 PM
I farmed Wrathjaw in the lost mage mine elite, in hopes it'd sell for 20K+, endlessly. To this day, anytime an egg drops, I get super excited... Pavlovian style.

Sasamon
12-14-2016, 03:18 PM
The day of Glacian's launch and how I almost had a heart attack.

#AuraForRogues

Mesti
12-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Farming snag and wrathjaw egg in elmm was my fav and yeah dont forget lock farming. "Enter map everyone rush run to kill jarl". No speed set back then xd

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Amicusdei
12-14-2016, 05:41 PM
pull up some old traders market threads.
good stuff in there.

Mdy
12-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Farming snag and wrathjaw egg in elmm was my fav and yeah dont forget lock farming. "Enter map everyone rush run to kill jarl". No speed set back then xd

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Ahha kayo :pp

Back
12-15-2016, 12:19 AM
PVE

Farming for Ribbit, Kettle and Malison eggs was profitable
Elite Glob was a one hit killer!
Wrathjaw was a valuable pet at the time
Colton was a top pet for Sorcs, so everyone took the time to do all three Bards quests every single day
Farming elite Frostir for Entombed Hammers was a good source of income
There was a time when there weren't any Locked Crates....just think about that
Agile Ranger gear was as good as it got for Rogues
Lifethief daggers were so crazy OP that there were endless threads asking for a nerf
When running elite Rooks Nest (for Mali eggs), people actually waited for you to respawn and rush to boss before they killed him (since it took 15-20 minutes per run)
Running Goldmine, waiting for Ghul to summon three other bosses so you could maximize reroll loot
I remember running Planar Tombs 3 with a friend on the first day, both of us raged at the boss, blowing 10 Revenge buffs each before finally killing him. Again, boss was nerfed shortly afterward
There was a time when soloing elites was actually extremely difficult and very few players did it
Getting a Kraken Skewer drop was the same as getting a dump truck filled with gold
NOBODY ran elite Skull Cove...
Farming elite Ferrix and Overgrowth was challenging, fun and profitable
When you couldn't get a full party, elite LMM (Lost Mages Mine) was common and loot was surprisingly good
Taking the time to study pulls and group strategy was actually valuable and made a huge difference in runs
An hour of farming elites might have cost you only a couple of deaths...and only because YOU made a mistake (like piercing into a Shaman's stomp)

PVP

The goal of CTF was to capture the flag, and teams actually worked together without blocking/ganging/etc.
I remember PvP before pets were allowed, and then a few players figured out an exploit to sneak pets in....they were ganged mercilessly until they left, and their teammates allowed it to happen
PvP was all about fair play, strategies were shared over public chat and people actually took the time to teach noobs
I also remember the all warrior wolf pack parties with rotating HoR being unstoppable

You made me Nostalgic

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mess
12-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Farming Jarl all day yayy

gravehunts
12-15-2016, 07:12 AM
When malison was worth 1m plus lol

Sent from hell

Motherless_Child
12-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Hunting Oltgar keep for Kelvin...... Farming Locked grand crates of the watch, nothing like looting a locked grand crate of the watch.... Then waiting for the price to shoot up then SELL, SELL, SELL for nice profit..........

Also.... Attempting to run the planar tombs, using HEAL there, and trying to win with Pugs consisting of warriors and mages, NO ROGUES!!!! SPLAT, SPLAT, SSSPPPPPPLLLLAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoodSyntax
12-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Totally forgot to mention, there was a time when there were no secondary stat bonsues. Each class only had a primary stat (DEX for Rogues, INT for Sorcs, STR for Wars), so pets that are considered junk these days were actually really good! There was a time when Meep-Moop was considered a serviceable pet for Rogues.

When secondary stat bonuses were implemented, most players had to farm/purchase new equipment and pets, respec their stat points, etc., which led to a lot on confusion and distress, but ultimately was a short term boon for the economy and ultimately resulted in better builds overall.

Initially, it was common for players to distribute stat points, creating some, uh, unique builds. Some of you may remember the "tanky" rogues; low damage, very high HP. DEX tanks, with high damage, decent crit and low-ish HP.

After the secondary stat bonus was implemented, builds became far less variable. The unfortunate side effect is that gear which didn't offer primary AND secondary stats became worthless....which is a trend we still see. Personally, I'd like to see this alternate gear types offer much better stats (like +12% Crit or Dodge for Tactics/Lethality/Fatality instead of the 2-3% which they currently offer) - at least that way, one would at least consider these second/third tier items. Imagine a Rogue in full Tactics gear with 100%+ Crit and Dodge, but -30% DMG and HP....worthwhile? Maybe.

acewasabi
12-15-2016, 06:12 PM
my first event was Halloween 2013 and I had no idea what I was doing. deleted heaps of vampire amulets because they were 'only epic'. I was so noob I couldn't get through Nordr at first and killing Alpha Wolf remains one of my life's greatest achievements ;)

the first time I looted a locked crate of the watch I nearly didn't pick it up cos I thought it was one of those useless chests you open that never have good loot.

first arcane pet was Maridos and I was so proud. first mythic weapon was ghoulish daggers and I was proud of them too.

Medusazx
12-20-2016, 12:55 PM
Omg I miss Camp Bolder and the other one !!

-I remember during the Nordr season my greatest achievement was Techno Viking that took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get it urgh

-I remember buying Lunar Pendant for like 600k lol but now the prices are just too low meh

-My first banner was the 31 mastery banner cus I never made it to 26 (did it have mastery banner) when I was playing back then . Oh yeah ! cus the xp doubles like crazy when we're one level left to the cap lvl lmao . Plus there weren't so much banner to get imo .

-I always get excited whenever I looted an egg (even now tho :\ ) and I never looted Malison :(

-Remember when in elites and everyone like "TO THE CORNER ! " "THIS CORNER !" "CHANGE CORNER !" god I remember my first time of elite running and I died sooooo many times . probably the cause I have 4k deaths zzz .

-When I first pvp at lvl 15 and lvl 21 during shuyal season, there are so many ppl helped me ! Thanks a lot guys ! I cant really remember the names but I remember this one rouge started with C something from lvl 15-22 lol . She is like immortal and I killed her and everyone started to bash me so I leave pvp cus everyone was tryna gang me -_- really ? but im not a major person anyways . But now I'm back to pvp but nah I chose wrong lvl . 31? was it ever alive after all these years lol .

-I remember when Tarlok ever came to Arlor and the new armor and helm lol

-Really wish all the newbies can have nice time playing like us :)

-GLACIAN !! Colton , Malison , Meep-moop , Slag , Nexus , Talon , XD

*sorry for terrible grammar and such (RIP grammar)
:p

quileos
12-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Ctf being populated

Sent from my SM-J200G using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
12-22-2016, 12:38 PM
-Remember when in elites and everyone like "TO THE CORNER ! " "THIS CORNER !" "CHANGE CORNER !"

Lmfao! I wasn't expecting this, I died xD

Pyramuson
12-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Saw Samhayne like a celebrity at Great City of Kraag on the grand opening of AL.
also when I got my 1st Million after selling my looted Mighty Berserker Armor
from Elite Golden chest :)

epicrrr
12-23-2016, 10:51 AM
PVP at level 10 - 2013

*Enters arena via a long walk down south of windmore

*HI (insert IGN)
*HI (insert IGN)
*HELLO (insert IGN)
*ask 1v1 in a most industrious, polite and tea holding way.

Att
12-23-2016, 11:03 AM
PVP at level 10 - 2013

*Enters arena via a long walk down south of windmore

*HI (insert IGN)
*HI (insert IGN)
*HELLO (insert IGN)
*ask 1v1 in a most industrious, polite and tea holding way.

HAHAHHA LOOOL EPICrrr

Bless
12-23-2016, 02:40 PM
I miss season 3, 4 and 5

Ucamaeben
12-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Parking mini bosses in elite Tindrin hoping for an elite golden dragonscale chest.

JesuisCharlie
12-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Merry Christmas

Skilledpvp
01-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Level 26 cap pvp

Remembering a time when u could actually stand up to rogues using arc hooks using ur normal legen pvp bow and tactics.
A time when pvp was not all about who stacked the max number of nekros or para.

Ign Biabecida
Mastermind ph

Alwarez
01-02-2017, 07:08 PM
I remember playing PVP on my lvl 20 non-twink rogue in 2013

>comes to ctf
>oneshoted by rogue x3 times
>ganged by pvp guild
>quits
>doesn't return to pvp for 3 years

Terminhater
01-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Slightly off topic....

What I find funny is people who have said they quit a few times on sunset and trails and still here.

Pingmill
01-03-2017, 04:13 AM
2013 MMO banner ;) I still have it

xxalivexx
01-03-2017, 04:28 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/1894741563a17d920ce4ac984e4b7c66.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170103/dfd642d21094b43e765ff2ddf7e1d1f8.jpg

When nekro was rare, when arcane ring was rare, when pvp wasn't so run down, when pvp was actually fun, i've played since 41 cap and 41 was my best experience, pvp was competitive and there wasn't alot of drama, i miss these days.

This is when skill was showed, where if you met up with a nekro user and you didn't have you were frightened, kills were based on skills back then, now its just a simple buy cheap gear and 1 hit any rogue or mage, pvp has changed a hell of alot since i started and that's why my days are counting down in pvp.

Eqoizt
01-05-2017, 07:29 AM

Do you remember this event?
I was spend all of my free platinum XD
And Always Hoping to get a Free Elixir Ticket Access

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96108-The-New-Elite-Mines-of-Nordia-Dungeon-and-Premium-Content