PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding armor passive

Lawpvp
12-14-2016, 12:41 PM
since the armor passive is a percentage of your armor, 1 % per point, does this mean its subject to the standard buff/debuff system where %buffs are completely overriden and nulled by %debuffs? In other words, is it completely negated once im hit with any form of armor reduction?

omgcrit
12-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Can u say all that again but in english xD

resurrected
12-14-2016, 02:39 PM
I think yes. Because skill reduces your armor and passive is part of your stat so it will Also decrease right?

Lawpvp
12-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Can u say all that again but in english xD

debuffs override buffs. If i have 50% crit, and recieve a 5% crit buff, i will have 55% crit. Then if I receive a 10% crit debuff, my crit will go down to 40%, not 45%, because the debuff overrides the buff and acts as if it was never even there in the first place. This is why rogues were upset about pet dmg because their dmg debuff in pvp took off their pet dmg as well.

I'm asking if passive armor works the same way, im pretty sure it does. Hopefully that cleared things up a little bit.

extrapayah
12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
yes

but fyi, % armor from weapon enhancement, dusk weapons, fenris, and archon rings are excluded from this

omgcrit
12-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Ah yes, pass armor works the same way. So if rouge aimed shot u, u lose all ur armor buff. Aimed shot has debuf armor %.

Lawpvp
12-14-2016, 05:17 PM
@resurrected @extrapayah @omgcrit

ty for the responses and ty@extrapayah for the extra info.

Kingofninjas
12-14-2016, 10:38 PM
debuffs override buffs. If i have 50% crit, and recieve a 5% crit buff, i will have 55% crit. Then if I receive a 10% crit debuff, my crit will go down to 40%, not 45%, because the debuff overrides the buff and acts as if it was never even there in the first place. This is why rogues were upset about pet dmg because their dmg debuff in pvp took off their pet dmg as well.

I'm asking if passive armor works the same way, im pretty sure it does. Hopefully that cleared things up a little bit.

It works like that. Any armor debuff will first nullify the armor passive and then apply the debuff.

Nobear
12-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Related to this, do multiple % armor buffs stack with each other, and which other armor buffs are %?

When I recently respecced into the armor passive, I didn't notice my armor go up (although I didn't memorize the previous number exactly, just a ballpark). I was in Somberholdt. I'm specifically wondering if the Somberholdt rank armor buff stacks with the armor passive. While we're at it, how about the Orc Shaman Effigy and Damage Reduction Elixir?

resurrected
12-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Related to this, do multiple % armor buffs stack with each other, and which other armor buffs are %?

When I recently respecced into the armor passive, I didn't notice my armor go up (although I didn't memorize the previous number exactly, just a ballpark). I was in Somberholdt. I'm specifically wondering if the Somberholdt rank armor buff stacks with the armor passive. While we're at it, how about the Orc Shaman Effigy and Damage Reduction Elixir?

Damage reduction elixir does not affect armor passive. Effigy don't stack with armor passive. I not sure about rank buffs