PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Campaign? [In-Depth, Well Thought Out]

Neffy
09-29-2011, 06:56 AM
I have an idea for a new possible campaign. I have spent quite some time perfecting it and I think it's ready to be unveiled upon this glorious game. Bare with me now, I'm not entirely finished, but give an honest opinion on what you think! :)

[...The Great Escape...]

The Queen has been captured! Not only has she been captured but taken to the darkest place in all of Alterra: The Underworld. The Queen, a frail old woman, unknowing of what lies ahead in this vague, evil place, has panicked herself into a deep coma in which she can only be awaken by the enchanted, bejeweled locket around the neck of a fair maiden named Elizabeth. Elizabeth, locked away in a tower in the middle of a hidden meadow, has got to be found in time to awaken the Queen.

The idea is that you must go through treacherous foes to rescue the fair maiden before the Queen has no time left ticking. Levels 1-3 are for rescuing the fair maiden, 4-6 for saving the Queen. 7 is a boss gauntlet type of level.

Possible bosses/mini-bosses for 1-3:
Level 1: Hex Anne - Mage , Evil Shaman
Level 2: Vaughn - Melee , Ogre with a club
Level 3: Bucky - Ranged , Demented Squirrel throwing acorns-disguised bombs
Possible Bosses/mini-bosses for 4-6:]
Level 1: Cerberus - Melee , Three Headed, overgrown dog / Ares - Melee , Greek Mythological God of War
Level 2: Possessed Apollo - Ranged , Greek Mythological God
Level 3: Hades - Magic/Melee , Greek Mythological God of The Underworld

Possible Quests:

To be announced...

Possible Pink Drops:

Hades' Trident of Death

Apollo's Helmet of Speed

Vaughn's Breastplate of Ogre Flesh

Vaughn's Smasher

Apollo's Cursed Bow of Speed

Hades' Staff of Sin

Bucky's Claws of Severity

Anne's Wand of Disobedience

Anne's Robes of Warlock

Ares' BattleSword of War

Ares' Breastplate of The Damned

Ares' Buckler of War

Ares' Helmet of The Damned

[...Potential Ideas To Be Added...]
Ares, Persephone, more pinks, Hell Spawn/Demons, use more mythological beings,

[...Ideas Used...]

Ares, Persephone,

Trollee
09-29-2011, 07:06 AM
I very much like the idea of 'The Underworld' as a theme, although I can imagine that it could clashe with the Shadow Caves a little.
However, I do like your idea. =] :banana:

Paar
09-29-2011, 07:07 AM
LOVE IT! Greek For the Win!!!

apocketlegend
09-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Hm wow

Flickz
09-29-2011, 07:14 AM
This is a good idea, sounds like fun

JaytB
09-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Interesting and nice read :) Especially like the mad squirrel :D

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Thanks everyone. In the morning I'll pot the rest of the info about quests, a few more pink items, more about monsters you could be fighting other than bosses, the quests, and some design I drew up for a feel of what it may look like.
But for now, I need some sleep. Goodnight!

Gluttony
09-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Using a "possessed Apollo" for the theme when there is a very prominent Apollo toon in game seems a bit strange since there are so many other Greek gods to choose from. Also Apollo is associated with medicine and the only healer in game is the enchantress meaning Apollo would have to be a female? In fact why not choose an evil deity such as Ares, Greek god of war or keep the brothers tethered and use Zeus and Poseidon (but then it seems you have ripped Percy Jackson’s The Lightning Thief). Maybe use Persephone since she is the queen of the underworld, the other bosses and mini bosses could be undead creatures (demons, hell spawn), I get this is a work in progress so I'm just going off on my Greek mythology mini rant.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
I very much like the idea of 'The Underworld' as a theme, although I can imagine that it could clashe with the Shadow Caves a little.
However, I do like your idea. =] :banana:
I was afraid of that. But the whole 'The Underworld' thing is meant to be like oozing Lava, blackened walls, etc. Not just caves with shadows. (Lol.)

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Using a "possessed Apollo" for the theme when there is a very prominent Apollo toon in game seems a bit strange since there are so many other Greek gods to choose from. Also Apollo is associated with medicine and the only healer in game is the enchantress meaning Apollo would have to be a female? In fact why not choose an evil deity such as Ares, Greek god of war or keep the brothers tethered and use Zeus and Poseidon (but then it seems you have ripped Percy Jackson’s The Lightning Thief). Maybe use Persephone since she is the queen of the underworld, the other bosses and mini bosses could be undead creatures (demons, hell spawn), I get this is a work in progress so I'm just going off on my Greek mythology mini rant.
I understand what you mean about the whole Apollo thing but I'm pretty sure him being a male and he possessed, it's not just Apollo running around down there. But yes, I get what you're saying.
And you've sparked something fantastic that I don't believe has been done in PL before: Duo bossing? What I mean is since there's a king of The Underworld and also a Queen, maybe they fight side by side? And maybe Ares could replace Apollo since he is, after all, the God of War. Or if this is looked into even more it can go farther, so much as TGE2, TGE3, etc etc, and use even more Greek Mythological Gods, Goddesses, and sub-genres of the two.

Gluttony
09-29-2011, 07:32 AM
And you've sparked something fantastic that I don't believe has been done in PL before: Duo bossing? What I mean is since there's a king of The Underworld and also a Queen, maybe they fight side by side?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a bandit king and bandit queen who fight side by side (bosses in Balefort Sewers chapter II: Bandit Boy Stronghold). They also have a pull and blast combo that is deadly. Granted no one ever really fights them as a pair, but they were intended to be a duo.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Hmm..

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a bandit king and bandit queen who fight side by side (bosses in Balefort Sewers chapter II: Bandit Boy Stronghold). They also have a pull and blast combo that is deadly. Granted no one ever really fights them as a pair, but they were intended to be a duo.
Wow, I completely over looked that. But still, an even stronger/more difficult duo bossing opportunity? Not a bad idea, still.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 07:49 AM

Don't forget the Magic Rocks. :D

Neffy
09-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Golems? That hardly counts. Nevertheless they do, but they're just so easy.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Golems? That hardly counts. Nevertheless they do, but they're just so easy.

Have you tried them using a character their level? O.o

Gluttony
09-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Well I wouldn't call them a duo, more like two bosses in the same room. They don't have any tandem attacks like K&Q do, but I guess they are worth mentioning. There is also Alessandro and his lion, but the K&Q were the originators of the boss duo. Players don't even bother to seperate the others bosses, that shows you how much respect the K&Q demanded.

Skeletonlord
09-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Love your idea

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Well I wouldn't call them a duo, more like two bosses in the same room. They don't have any tandem attacks like K&Q do, but I guess they are worth mentioning. There is also Alessandro and his lion, but the K&Q were the originators of the boss duo. Players don't even bother to seperate the others bosses, that shows you how much respect the K&Q demanded.

Hm, yes... But the Rocks do have a combo-type thing. They switch between damage and tank/heals between each other. :P , I don't see how you could separate the Lion and Alessandro... But you don't need to, really.. They're to weak. Lol. (: , I think K&Q together is still the hardest fight in the game. And it probably will be for a while, unless Mount Fang has a boss like Dracula + His wives. :P

bronislav84
09-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Nice idea but I seem to recall an Elf Queen mentioned as the ruler of Alterra. Just a minor correction.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Nice idea but I seem to recall an Elf Queen mentioned as the ruler of Alterra. Just a minor correction.

Are you saying the Queen can't get married? O.o, lol.

bronislav84
09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
It was never mentioned she was married. Plus we have never seen a male elf. A queen is canon to the game, a king isn't is all.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 09:09 AM
It was never mentioned she was married. Plus we have never seen a male elf. A queen is canon to the game, a king isn't is all.

I was joking.. Lol. But the king, if there was one, would most likely be a bear. Or like that human in FH. :P

Neffy
09-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Ugh, I quest I'll change it up..

bronislav84
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
That human is like an Easter egg or something. I dunno what the deal is with him. We have never seen a male elf yet, and Elf-Bear would scare the children who play this game.

Hopefully Neffy changes it to queen. Generally I support this, but really should be queen.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:25 PM
That human is like an Easter egg or something. I dunno what the deal is with him. We have never seen a male elf yet, and Elf-Bear would scare the children who play this game.

Hopefully Neffy changes it to queen. Generally I support this, but really should be queen.
I'll be fixing it. I'm going to design a list of quests sometime today.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I have an idea for a new possible campaign. I have spent quite some time perfecting it and I think it's ready to be unveiled upon this glorious game. Bare with me now, I'm not entirely finished, but give an honest opinion on what you think! :)

[...The Great Escape...]

The Queen has been captured! Not only has she been captured but taken to the darkest place in all of Alterra: The Underworld. The Queen, a frail old woman, unknowing of what lies ahead in this vague, evil place, has panicked herself into a deep coma in which she can only be awaken by the enchanted, bejeweled locket around the neck of a fair maiden named Elizabeth. Elizabeth, locked away in a tower in the middle of a hidden meadow, has got to be found in time to awaken the Queen.

The idea is that you must go through treacherous foes to rescue the fair maiden before the King has no time left ticking. Levels 1-3 are for rescuing the fair maiden, 4-6 for saving the Queen. 7 is a boss gauntlet type of level.

Possible bosses/mini-bosses for 1-3:
Level 1: Hex Anne - Mage , Evil Shaman
Level 2: Vaughn - Melee , Ogre with a club
Level 3: Bucky - Ranged , Demented Squirrel throwing acorns-disguised bombs
Possible Bosses/mini-bosses for 4-6:]
Level 1: Cerberus - Melee , Three Headed, overgrown dog / Ares - Melee , Greek Mythological God of War
Level 2: Persephone - Ranged , Greek Mythological Goddess
Level 3: Hades - Magic/Melee , Greek Mythological God of The Underworld

Possible Quests:

To be announced...

Possible Pink Drops:

Hades' Trident of Death

Apollo's Helmet of Speed

Vaughn's Breastplate of Ogre Flesh

Vaughn's Smasher

Apollo's Cursed Bow of Speed

Hades' Staff of Sin

Bucky's Claws of Severity

Anne's Wand of Disobedience

Anne's Robes of Warlock

[...Potential Ideas To Be Added...]
Ares, Persephone, more pinks, Hell Spawn/Demons, use more mythological beings,
Updated!

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Updated!
Re-Updated ;O

Nourish
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Lol disobedience, it's like the opposite of glyph. Maybe red with black glyph on it :0

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Lol disobedience, it's like the opposite of glyph. Maybe red with black glyph on it :0
I was thinking White + Gold. Seems kind of holy. Maybe Red + Gold? Or maybe golden with black glyph writing. All I know is that this is a high level campaign that could go very nicely with a raised level cap.
Also, I need someone who can draw out some armors. I'm no good at the armor. XD.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Updated!
Added more pinks!

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Demented Squirrel

:O that was a nick-name my friend had....

WhoIsThis
09-29-2011, 05:28 PM
I believe the devs have mentioned before that they have the entire storyline thought out up to level 100.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 09:08 PM
I believe the devs have mentioned before that they have the entire storyline thought out up to level 100.
Doesn't mean this can't go higher than 100. :)

bronislav84
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Me likes it now. Although if they have it up to 100, we can just hope.

Remember guys, the big part of being a game Dev is actually designing the game how you want. It's their game, we just play it and hope they use our ideas.

Neffy
09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Me likes it now. Although if they have it up to 100, we can just hope.

Remember guys, the big part of being a game Dev is actually designing the game how you want. It's their game, we just play it and hope they use our ideas.
It's also to appeal to majority of the community, whether it be tiny or huge. Not trying to reinforce this, but it would make people happy.

Eyesharp
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Haha nice I'd like to see the look on Apollo's face when the new campaign comes out and there's a boss named after Apollo.

Neffy
10-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Haha nice I'd like to see the look on Apollo's face when the new campaign comes out and there's a boss named after Apollo.
He'd hug me. Lol.