PDA

View Full Version : Am I being too sensitive? Lol

Walkhardd
09-29-2011, 09:39 AM
So I was in forest haven and said "I buy pinks, show me" some dude shows me a crappy ao2 pink and I tell him nty..he then proceeds to tell everyone "watch out for walkhardd, hes a scammer!"...stuff usually doesn't get to me but this really p'd me off, cuz I take pride in being honest and fair, and also helpful to new players ...so would this make you guys mad too? Or am I just being a giant sensitive P? :) lol

StompArtist
09-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Ignore button is your friend.

Darkfader
09-29-2011, 09:41 AM
I quess that user understood or didn't understand meaning of "nty".
I most likely wouldn't get mad, i would try to solve it by talking or if he wouldn't respond then leave the area.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I've seen at least one person (maybe there's more?) post here and said they hate when someone looks at their items and dosn't buy anything. They feel it's wasting their time. So i'm not sure about this. I would just brush it off, man. Whenever you're dealing with real people, there's always a chance someone is going to upset you in some way.

Draco Mikato
09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Most players in FH are in eharmony mode anyway. Your reputation wont be tarnished :)

Walkhardd
09-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Most players in FH are in eharmony mode anyway. Your reputation wont be tarnished :)

Lol

Redbridge
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
If someone wants to publicly call you a scammer you could either ignore it, use the IGNORE button, or if youve done nothing wrong you could publicly call them out and 'say to all' NO SCAMMING HERE BUT FEEL FREE TO REPORT ME, I JUST SAID NTY TO UR JUNK ITEMS.

But stay calm and polite at all times even if the other person isn't able to...

So in answer to ur question, I wouldn't get mad as I know I'd done nothing wrong but you probably did the right thing asking here so you know what your options are for next time. Good Luck.

Suentous PO
09-29-2011, 10:00 AM
I think that was the same guy who said you were not to be trusted because you "have a mean face". I was there as my alt badpacifist, & I just kinda took it as tweenie trollishness. You were being nothing but cool, don't sweat it. :)

dudetus
09-29-2011, 10:10 AM
But still, if u say "I buy pinks" and ESPECIALLY FH ppl take everything so literally.

MimeRifle
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
considering the harmony mode, you may want to be just a tad more specific with your requests. That might help!! (who knows what type of responses you might see otherwise! *shudder*)

RedRyder
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM
You were to vague saying buying pinks, but the other person was wrong. Youre right to be upset, but he may have felt scammed of his time

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 11:02 AM
lol once someone tried to sell me a Drainer's Recurve and i said "Nty" then he said "Y?" then i said" Because i have better items than that, no offence" then he started shouting "SELLING SUPER AWESOME RARE BOW PM ME!!!!"
*leaves to rub temples*

Nick41324
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Same thing happened to me the other day -_- I was in cs and (I'm guessing) two guys teamed up to scam people. They said "find me and you will get a free item". Then a few seconds later another guys said out loud "he gave me a snowball!". So of corse.... I got a bid curious so I went to go find him and the guy who said "he got the snowball" and the who said "find me" were there. I said "what do I get :)" and he said give it back and the guy with the snowball said "I saw you take it". I had NO idea what was going on. As it turns out they wanted my gear :P I was wear a pink pepper lvl 10 and pink tinsel lvl 10 (scammed bait).
I ended up ignoring and reporting :)

BTW: I was told by a friend in cs that they were telling everyone I scammed them and to report me after I ignored them.

Whirlzap
09-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Two ways to look at this:
1. You were right.
Basically, you said you were buying pinks, however you noticed an AO2 pink and decided not to buy.
You did not say you WOULD buy every single pink they showed you, but simply you were buying.
2. The other person was right.
This is FH, if he was a low level main, he would've thought the pink to be valuable. I know when I was a low level, I used to think a single pink was a dream come true.
Also, you did not specify what kind of pink you were buying, so he could have showed anything.
When saying scamming, he could've most likely meant it or for scamming his time.

In conclusion, if he did swear/harass you, report plus ignore is the final verdict.

csb
09-29-2011, 11:17 AM
You were to vague saying buying pinks, but the other person was wrong. Youre right to be upset, but he may have felt scammed of his time

What is "scammed of time"? If you see a big "50% off sale" sign on a store, then decide to look inside. Were you scammed if you didn't buy anything?

Anyway, a certain percentage of the population is really messed up, so you can expect this kind of thing. Try working in retail or food services where "the customer is always right". It's really hard to be nice to some people that are either drunk, have a bad mood, or have some sort of brain damage.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
It's really hard to be nice to some people that are either drunk, have a bad mood, or have some sort of brain damage.

Lol be nice. :)

Walkhardd
09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Appreciate all the feedback peeps... :)

stevieoopsie
09-29-2011, 12:31 PM
You ignore him and he will go on to destroy your reputation.

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Lol! I think this was my first post.

Taipan
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
I know how ya feel.
Ive quit endgame PVP (SL) cause i killed someone in CTF now they've told everyone I'm a rusher. Now i get rushed whenever i join a game lol :(

Econodeath
03-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I've seen at least one person (maybe there's more?) post here and said they hate when someone looks at their items and dosn't buy anything. They feel it's wasting their time. So i'm not sure about this. I would just brush it off, man. Whenever you're dealing with real people, there's always a chance someone is going to upset you in some way.

This is 100 percent true! I been there and done that already.
Brush off fart on him and laugh. keep smiling.

@navy YOUR BACK!!!!

JaytB
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Lol! I think this was my first post.

He/she won't be digging up old treads or troll anymore under that username *cough* banned *cough*

Sryyoulose
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
In forest haven I thought guns were heaven.

Cybele
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM

Hmm.. I just started playing, but from my interactions so far there is this sort of ADD quality to a lot of the players. Like, if you went into a store, looking for a particular brand and they didn't have it, but showed you another instead, no one would be annoyed if you choose not to buy it right? So why do ppl have a hissy fit when THEY ask YOU for a trade, and you don't see anything you like?

Walkhardd
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM

This is 100 percent true! I been there and done that already.
Brush off fart on him and laugh. keep smiling.

@navy YOUR BACK!!!!

Look at the post date...lol I don't get mad at this stuff now. Lmao