PDA

View Full Version : My opinions on the Mage Class and a fix

Cara
12-17-2016, 10:48 AM
remove thread

Lawpvp
12-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Rogues are oneshot through nekro shield. Mages werent meant for 1v1. Mages were broken last cap and rogues weren't used, I can see why a mage player would want this to return.

resurrected
12-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Crit loss is mostly because of eye gems. Mages with imbued set filled with full eye gems could reach very high % of critical especially if set was tactic. Now you Also can reach good crit but it will cost you huge damage, HP or both loss. We got jewels now to get stat we wish. It's not same as eye gem but now at least its mostly affordable to all players.
Rogues can one shot but they Also can be one shotted. Mage always have spot in PvP and always had. It wont change. With or without speed set mages are powerful class especially in clashes. Speed will cost you stat, choose is up to players to use it or not.

mrm
12-17-2016, 01:07 PM
can not wait to see where this thread ends up taking bets bets offers are
*nothing wrong with mages
* "thread closed folks due to drama"
* "Mages are perfectly fine,isn't that the reply mages gave to rogs"
*Mages need a buff
*Buff curs
*"Just make a new rogue toon"
winners gets a ghost gun vanity,steel heroc vanity and undead mask <3
*" you'll be oky"

GL to all magesq

Chocolaty
12-17-2016, 03:28 PM
*Mages need a buff
*Buff curs

GL to all mages

1m on thread closed due to drama.

resurrected
12-17-2016, 03:30 PM
*Mages need a buff
*Buff curs

GL to all mages
another possible reply is
You'll be fine
[emoji14]

Downwithnotts
12-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Sigh, you clearly dont know the pvp aspect of this game, mages are as close to balanced as can be, i think mages are too op vs tanks, so i chose my battles and therefore do not vs good mages.

Zeus
12-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Mages are balanced right now. They were never meant to replace rogues. Right now, a balanced team consists of 2 tanks, 2 rogues and two mages which is pretty balanced.

Azebor
12-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Mages are balanced right now. They were never meant to replace rogues. Right now, a balanced team consists of 2 tanks, 2 rogues and two mages which is pretty balanced.

Um 2 tank 2 rogue 2 mages = 6 player team? Since when is tdm or ctf a 6 player team?

resurrected
12-17-2016, 05:31 PM
Um 2 tank 2 rogue 2 mages = 6 player team? Since when is tdm or ctf a 6 player team?
He might talking about battleground that coming soon.
Edit : anyway mages have their space. They don't need buff nor nerf.

Zeus
12-17-2016, 05:52 PM

I meant you can switch around 2 rogues or 2 mages and have 1 rogue and 1 mage or vice versa.

Ex:

Team A: 2 rogue 1 mage 2 tanks
Team B: 2 mage 1 rogue 2 tanks

Sorry, my bad!

yubaraj
12-17-2016, 08:07 PM
Whatever. Mage is the weakest and rogue is the op class.

However I am not complaining because mages still have place in clash.

Azebor
12-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Whatever. Mage is the weakest and rogue is the op class.

However I am not complaining because mages still have place in clash.

"DoT Immunity" is the newest nail in the coffin for mages after stun/freeze immunity shields/removal pets have nerfed the aoe damage/cc ability of mages. Pets are quickly starting to make mage skills worthless, better to just bring a rogue to nuke.

Instanthumor
12-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Mages are perfectly balanced right now, this is coming from a mage. It is true, often times you find yourself getting one shot by rogues even with shield. However, there are many options available for our class to stop that from happening, for example, the often overlooked shield mastery or allocation of stat points. Be creative - you are a mage.

I suggest you wait things out for a bit. Decent geared mages have a solid 25-27% crit chance... even more with arcane armor, and that's pretty good. Once the community reaches level 4 in the lightbearer thing, you can use the gear from there. Have you even seen them? Imo, they're op. With that gear, mages will be running around with about 50% crit on average.

Instead of creating a thread on how horrible mages may seem, it would be much better to make one on how overpowered rogues are right now. Even rogues agree with this statement. You may feel weak and vulnerable as a mage, but if you get better at this game (and have decent party members), you'll find that you rarely die in pvp. Get gud ;)

jmall
12-18-2016, 12:48 AM
have u tried fighting rogue with glowstick aa?

xxalivexx
12-18-2016, 03:56 AM
You must mean one mage, in a clash id prefer 1 tank, 3 rogues, 1 mage, or 1 tank, 2 rogues, 2 mages, or another tank in replace of a mage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
12-18-2016, 05:31 AM
You must mean one mage, in a clash id prefer 1 tank, 3 rogues, 1 mage, or 1 tank, 2 rogues, 2 mages, or another tank in replace of a mage.

Your preference is just a preference. The best team compositions are always situational.

Downwithnotts
12-18-2016, 06:27 AM

Even though instant is right about most of the times a teams composition being situational i tell you that you will get farmed by a two tank 3 dps team any day if you use 1 tank only, if they halfway know what their doing and dont jugg while half a map away from enemy team as ive seen some tanks do.

Dispressor
12-18-2016, 10:58 AM
Mage need a total rebuild :

First of all mage have weak TIMED defense. Tank have armor and healt rogue have dodge , mage have a stupid timed defense. u can be full exquisite full gear and kill a weak rogue but after few sec u have no shield and easily u got shooted (time defense suffer heavily from speed set runner because they activate your defense then run and have only to wait shield go down and pic easy annoying kill).
We need a passive defense depending on mana .
like reduction damage base on mana cap, 9k mana is damage reduction multiplied x9 ,2k mana ×2 multiplied and so on.
an efficiency based on mana level. So when u have 100% mana bar u have reduction at full efficiency when u 50% u have your shield weakened at 25% mana u have no protection.
This shield dipends on int so all class will benefit but mage get a big advantage in this tipe of defense .
So shield skill have to be removed from game and mage now can use 3 slot for attack skill, so he can chose to save mana for defense or rain skill for do big damage. I think that make make PvP experience more attractive and have to be tested for garanting balance. This is only an idea so u can use another model of defense but make a defense mechanic based on primary of mage and not affected by time.

My English need a big fix too, so forgive my many mistakes.

Zeus
12-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Mage need a total rebuild :

First of all mage have weak TIMED defense. Tank have armor and healt rogue have dodge , mage have a stupid timed defense. u can be full exquisite full gear and kill a weak rogue but after few sec u have no shield and easily u got shooted (time defense suffer heavily from speed set runner because they activate your defense then run and have only to wait shield go down and pic easy annoying kill).
We need a passive defense depending on mana .
like reduction damage base on mana cap, 9k mana is damage reduction multiplied x9 ,2k mana ×2 multiplied and so on.
an efficiency based on mana level. So when u have 100% mana bar u have reduction at full efficiency when u 50% u have your shield weakened at 25% mana u have no protection.
This shield dipends on int so all class will benefit but mage get a big advantage in this tipe of defense .
So shield skill have to be removed from game and mage now can use 3 slot for attack skill, so he can chose to save mana for defense or rain skill for do big damage. I think that make make PvP experience more attractive and have to be tested for garanting balance. This is only an idea so u can use another model of defense but make a defense mechanic based on primary of mage and not affected by time.

My English need a big fix too, so forgive my many mistakes.

Dodge doesn't work against skills in PvP. If mages have weak defense, then what defense do rogues have? We've been over this and I had to play mage to prove people wrong. Sorcerers are just fine right now.

Twerk
12-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Another thread about mage buff.
Where you all mages been when you got your 56lvl cap and rogues become totally useless?

Nea
12-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Zeus.. You're so selfish dude. But it's ok. Soon you won't have mages to kill at PvP rooms ;)

runagain
12-18-2016, 11:58 AM
New vendor gears, mythic weps and Arcane armor Will fix this problem :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Instanthumor
12-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Where you all mages been when you got your 56lvl cap and rogues become totally useless?

I wasn't here.

Lawpvp
12-18-2016, 03:44 PM

they were spamming forums to keep rogues from receiving the help they needed(not that mages need any atm in comparison to rogues last cap). Tbh I'm in favor of doing the same in return. Reap what you sow

Dispressor
12-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Dodge doesn't work against skills in PvP. If mages have weak defense, then what defense do rogues have? We've been over this and I had to play mage to prove people wrong. Sorcerers are just fine right now.

No sorry I am not agree .
rogue dodge provide a huge defense on fisic attack. Think about a tank with dusk that have good fisique damage but not heavy skill and u can dodge with razor skill 9 attack out of 10, other way he lose 30 armor .
Instead of consider damage of skills divided on time so dms , then see fisic dms of a mage and u realise that dodge work well . Only if u are lucky u got critical on 2 skill but u have more prob to have on 4 fiscal attack landed in cool down ,so only 1 of 6 to pick lighting critical(and it only leave u with 60% healt ) .
Problem in mage defense is the stupid time factor that make annoing kill by "respawn and revenge", and runner tactics .
Also shield block a skill slot that can be used for attack skill.
Mana bar of mage don't go over 60 % so there is a big waste. New mechanic provide a more efficient use that makes more efficient mage defense.
new mechanic is based on int and u too can benefit of that bonus depending of your int level .

Lawpvp
12-18-2016, 04:30 PM
rogue dodge provide a huge defense on fisic attack. Think about a tank with dusk that have good fisique damage but not heavy skill and u can dodge with razor skill 9 attack out of 10, other way he lose 30 armor .
Instead of consider damage of skills divided on time so dms , then see fisic dms of a mage and u realise that dodge work well . Only if u are lucky u got critical on 2 skill but u have more prob to have on 4 fiscal attack landed in cool down ,so only 1 of 6 to pick lighting critical(and it only leave u with 60% healt ) .
Problem in mage defense is the stupid time factor that make annoing kill by "respawn and revenge", and runner tactics .
Mana bar of mage don't go over 60 % so there is a big waste. New mechanic provide a more efficient use that makes more efficient mage defense.
new mechanic is based on int and u too can benefit of that bonus depending of your int level .

dodge does not work on skills. What part of this do u not understand? when is the last time u died and auto attacks was the primary reason why? Just stop talking about the balance of the game if you don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Mages already have more defense than rogues in the form of their shield, so if you going to complain about survivability, don't do it from the perspective of mages when rogues still get 1 shot and don't have their own form of invulnerability.

yubaraj
12-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Blah blah dodge is so useless. Why don't we just take out the dodge stats from all the class and see what happens. Lol.

mrm
12-18-2016, 06:00 PM
playing as a mage myself and finding it a pain to kill rogue i do know what the problem is, you just cant seem to do enough damge to kill her presumeing your useing shield/Fb (or gale)/life giver/ice(or lig)
with primary 2 attking skills and auto atk (gun blasts) seem to be uselis since it hits 1/4 times or 1/2 if your lucky
the problem is that mages crits SUCK at the moment but arc armor and new belt fixed that...kanda... so no bufs needid just gear up some crit and "you'll be oky"
Of topic why do tanks use speed set in pvp...... i know to rg but really...are you not less tanky?

Instanthumor
12-18-2016, 08:11 PM

No comment ....

dodge does not work on skills. What part of this do u not understand? when is the last time u died and auto attacks was the primary reason why? Just stop talking about the balance of the game if you don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Mages already have more defense than rogues in the form of their shield, so if you going to complain about survivability, don't do it from the perspective of mages when rogues still get 1 shot and don't have their own form of invulnerability.

Imo, I wouldn't say mages have more "defense" than rogues. Mages can get one shot with or without shield. I see rogues often barely surviving off a combo... on the other hand, one crit is all you need to kill a mage.

Of topic why do tanks use speed set in pvp...... i know to rg but really...are you not less tanky?

The mobility offered by the set makes positioning easier. Good tanks can pull it off... positioning is everything. I've been back for only a little while but it is obvious that your team's win condition is based on your dps vs opposing dps. A tank that can delay the opposing dps from accessing backline is one good tank, and the speed set helps. Of course, I don't play tank so this is just an honest assumption.

Lawpvp
12-18-2016, 10:23 PM
No comment ....

Imo, I wouldn't say mages have more "defense" than rogues. Mages can get one shot with or without shield. I see rogues often barely surviving off a combo... on the other hand, one crit is all you need to kill a mage.

The mobility offered by the set makes positioning easier. Good tanks can pull it off... positioning is everything. I've been back for only a little while but it is obvious that your team's win condition is based on your dps vs opposing dps. A tank that can delay the opposing dps from accessing backline is one good tank, and the speed set helps. Of course, I don't play tank so this is just an honest assumption.

i agree with you, both mages and rogues are squishy af rn. Mage can be oneshot with arc shield, but rogue can also be one shot with nekro shield. All it takes is 1 crit for both. My main point was the OP shouldnt complain about mage survivability when rogues are just as squishy, and mages can join fights much easier due to invulernability on their shield.

yubaraj
12-18-2016, 10:43 PM
i agree with you, both mages and rogues are squishy af rn. Mage can be oneshot with arc shield, but rogue can also be one shot with nekro shield. All it takes is 1 crit for both. My main point was the OP shouldnt complain about mage survivability when rogues are just as squishy, and mages can join fights much easier due to invulernability on their shield.

Mage cannot one shot rogue with nekro shield. Don't exaggerate.

And just take out dodge stat from rogue I guarantee you I will kill any rogue in this game. So plz don't say that having dodge is not giving huge advantage to rogue.

Lawpvp
12-18-2016, 10:58 PM

And just take out dodge stat from rogue I guarantee you I will kill any rogue in this game. So plz don't say that having dodge is not giving huge advantage to rogue.

i never said mage can one shot rogue through nekro, read

just take out damage stat from mage I guarantee you I will kill any mage in this game. See how this comment was dumb? same as the one u made about dodge. of course balance will be different when u take an entire mechanic out of the game, thats not the point of this thread. And removing dodge just to give mages an advantage over rogues in 1v1, which they shouldnt have in the first place because rogues are the single target dps, would be a terrible idea.

yubaraj
12-18-2016, 11:11 PM
i never said mage can one shot rogue through nekro, read

just take out damage stat from mage I guarantee you I will kill any mage in this game. See how this comment was dumb? same as the one u made about dodge. of course balance will be different when u take an entire mechanic out of the game, thats not the point of this thread. And removing dodge just to give mages an advantage over rogues in 1v1, which they shouldnt have in the first place because rogues are the single target dps, would be a terrible idea.

When I read your sentence that's what I understood and its not clear whether you are comparing rogue mage vs or rogue vs rogue. So plz be specific don't confuse people here.

Whenever someone say dodge is helpful for rogue , then rogue comes up with excuse saying dodge cannot help dodging skills which is true but PvP vs doesn't only depend on skill attacks. Dodge is OP in mage vs rogue, that's what I wanted to say.
About taking damage from mage lol, mage is already like a dummy now one shot and mage dead if mage doenst have AS.

So my suggestion was to remove dodge from all class , take your damage crit armor I don't care.

So if you don't want rogue dodge gone from PvP then don't make stupid comment inclining that its useless. that's all I wanted to say.

Energizeric
12-18-2016, 11:22 PM
I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but there are so many different gear types to choose from now. If you want more crit, chose gear with more crit. Use some lightning jewels.

My current build at level 61 gives me 43% crit with SnS and 40% with Nekro. I think that's certainly high enough, and is no less than I had at level 46.

If you are using gear that gives no crit stat and yet you are complaining about needing more crit, then use different gear!!

You have infinite choices now, but you cannot have everything..... Health, Armor, Damage, Crit....

If you want Health and Damage, then choose "Brutality" type of gear.

If you want Health and Crit, then choose "Force" type of gear.

if you want Damage and Crit, then choose "Lethality" type of gear.

If you want Armor and Damage, then choose "Warfare" type of gear.

And if you want a little bit of everything, then you can mix and match.

Same goes for jewels...

Kingofninjas
12-18-2016, 11:24 PM
When I read your sentence that's what I understood and its not clear whether you are comparing rogue mage vs or rogue vs rogue. So plz be specific don't confuse people here.

Whenever someone say dodge is helpful for rogue , then rogue comes up with excuse saying dodge cannot help dodging skills which is true but PvP vs doesn't only depend on skill attacks. Dodge is OP in mage vs rogue, that's what I wanted to say.
About taking damage from mage lol, mage is already like a dummy now one shot and mage dead if mage doenst have AS.

So my suggestion was to remove dodge from all class , take your damage crit armor I don't care.

So if you don't want rogue dodge gone from PvP then don't make stupid comment inclining that its useless. that's all I wanted to say.

Dodge is useless in rogue vs rogue fights. This is because no rogue actually uses auto attack to damage the enemy.

It is useful against mages and tanks because they rely on auto attack to do a significant amount of damage for them.

Instanthumor
12-18-2016, 11:32 PM
I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but there are so many different gear types to choose from now. If you want more crit, chose gear with more crit. Use some lightning jewels.

My current build at level 61 gives me 43% crit with SnS and 40% with Nekro. I think that's certainly high enough, and is no less than I had at level 46.

If you are using gear that gives no crit stat and yet you are complaining about needing more crit, then use different gear!!

You have infinite choices now, but you cannot have everything..... Health, Armor, Damage, Crit....

If you want Health and Damage, then choose "Brutality" type of gear.

If you want Health and Crit, then choose "Force" type of gear.

if you want Damage and Crit, then choose "Lethality" type of gear.

If you want Armor and Damage, then choose "Warfare" type of gear.

And if you want a little bit of everything, then you can mix and match.

Same goes for jewels...

Having 43/40% crit... that sounds horrible. Are you running full lightning jewels? How much damage/hp are you sacrificing? You can have a 100% crit but it won't help if you do no damage. Also, if you are suggesting we use gear (weapon, helm, armor) that is not "Of Brutality" in PvP..... I won't even comment

Zynzyn
12-18-2016, 11:42 PM
What matters is what perspective are we looking at class-balance from- Does balance mean 'my class has advantages so that I can win' or does it mean 'my class is effective in combat and needed in matches'?

Overall devs seem to have solved the balance problems of the past and done a good job.

As already stated above, a fact that I totally agree with, with the awakening options and types of pets, jewels and gear versions available, you can develop a play-style and build to suit your own self. There is nothing wrong with the entire class. No class, whether mage, rogue or warrior needs any nerf or buff now.

Instanthumor
12-18-2016, 11:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with the entire class. No class, whether mage, rogue or warrior needs any nerf or buff now.

Lmao what.... I can't take this thread seriously anymore

Energizeric
12-19-2016, 01:27 AM
Having 43/40% crit... that sounds horrible. Are you running full lightning jewels? How much damage/hp are you sacrificing? You can have a 100% crit but it won't help if you do no damage. Also, if you are suggesting we use gear (weapon, helm, armor) that is not "Of Brutality" in PvP..... I won't even comment

3 of my jewels are noble lightning jewels, and the rest are mind.

And yes, I'm suggesting using gear that is not Brutality type if you want higher crit. I have a mix of gear. I have Force and Lethality types. So it gives me a lot of crit. But this season I'm more of a PvE player, so that works well for PvE. As for damage, I use a gun and my damage is around 1850.

My point is we have many choices. So if you feel you need to have more crit, you can sacrifice some of your health or damage to get that crit. Whether or not you think that trade is worthwhile, that really will depend on your gaming strategy and your skill build. This idea that there is only one single build for both gear and skills that is effective is total crap. A player can be successful in any number of playing styles and builds with the right strategy.

I haven't done much PvP lately, but I would think if you are a 2 offensive skill sorcerer (with the other 2 being shield and heal), and one of those 2 skills is lightning, then I would think it would pay to increase your crit at the expense of some damage.

And BTW, "of Force" gear is much stronger this season than in past seasons. If you go back to previous seasons, the "of Force" gear used to contains only half as much STR stat as the "of Brutality" type. Now the STR & INT stats are the same. So instead of the damage, you are getting 4%+ crit. With the 250% crit on lightning, it is going to hit much harder with that crit than with the extra 1.5% damage you would get from the damage of the Brutality type.

voidPtr
12-19-2016, 01:57 AM
It may be not exactly on the subject, but:

... I know Rogues are suppose to take down Mages ... I can agree Rogues are made to destroy Mages ...
I don't like when people are writing similar things; accepting them/taking them for granted.
No class should be Supposed to take down/destroy any other class. Every class should have their (pretty equal) chances against any other class - in a balanced game. Otherwise, why should you play the 'always losing' class?

will0
12-19-2016, 03:14 AM
Well said only those like to be boss of thier class and make others feel inferior (pvp) centric

Dont
12-19-2016, 03:32 AM
Is obviu that the wizards are terrible, and one thing nobody commented here, please forgive me if I am wrong, the rogue weapon with 100% chance buff increases 1000+ of armor, and it is not "chance" is 100%, and obviously , Who plays rogue will say that everything is ok, mage is only serving to give mana, that if you can stay alive. this is a fact.

yubaraj
12-19-2016, 05:00 AM
3 of my jewels are noble lightning jewels, and the rest are mind.

And yes, I'm suggesting using gear that is not Brutality type if you want higher crit. I have a mix of gear. I have Force and Lethality types. So it gives me a lot of crit. But this season I'm more of a PvE player, so that works well for PvE. As for damage, I use a gun and my damage is around 1850.

My point is we have many choices. So if you feel you need to have more crit, you can sacrifice some of your health or damage to get that crit. Whether or not you think that trade is worthwhile, that really will depend on your gaming strategy and your skill build. This idea that there is only one single build for both gear and skills that is effective is total crap. A player can be successful in any number of playing styles and builds with the right strategy.

I haven't done much PvP lately, but I would think if you are a 2 offensive skill sorcerer (with the other 2 being shield and heal), and one of those 2 skills is lightning, then I would think it would pay to increase your crit at the expense of some damage.

And BTW, "of Force" gear is much stronger this season than in past seasons. If you go back to previous seasons, the "of Force" gear used to contains only half as much STR stat as the "of Brutality" type. Now the STR & INT stats are the same. So instead of the damage, you are getting 4%+ crit. With the 250% crit on lightning, it is going to hit much harder with that crit than with the extra 1.5% damage you would get from the damage of the Brutality type.

I suggest not to use force gear if you are primarily focusing on vs. I have tried going crit built.
I used force gun helm and armor, and ring para rendtail. Amulet planar pendant. For jewels I used 2 precise lightning 6 exquisite mind and rest noble mind jewels. I had crit around 48%. Dmg around 1700.

Using that setup I was loosing to warrior who had like 1600 dmg, mages with 20% crit way undergeared rogue.. . when I was using brutality gear I was able to defeat them.

I don't know if this force gears are any useful in clash though.

Energizeric
12-19-2016, 09:44 AM
I suggest not to use force gear if you are primarily focusing on vs. I have tried going crit built.
I used force gun helm and armor, and ring para rendtail. Amulet planar pendant. For jewels I used 2 precise lightning 6 exquisite mind and rest noble mind jewels. I had crit around 48%. Dmg around 1700.

Using that setup I was loosing to warrior who had like 1600 dmg, mages with 20% crit way undergeared rogue.. . when I was using brutality gear I was able to defeat them.

I don't know if this force gears are any useful in clash though.

Which skills? For vs with Force gear, you would want to have lightning, ice, shield, heal.

yubaraj
12-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Which skills? For vs with Force gear, you would want to have lightning, ice, shield, heal.

Yes, that's what I use to vs.

Dispressor
12-22-2016, 02:11 PM
I want a serious reply by devs about problem of make a different build on int . I think it is good in the past but now it have to change . I think that all class have a defense independent by time based on primary . Because that timed defense have big limits . Mechanic on Dex is based on DPs critical dodge so rogue is the damage dealer . Strg is build on armor and healt regeneration so tank is the block of damage. Mage give damage support ,area damage and have big mana to use frequently skill, but have a problem of an inappropriate defense too affected by time and also a block for a support skill . Also in the map u can pic 2 mana 100% recovers, so what is the role of mage in PvP now?

Dispressor
12-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Pff serious. I know dodge is not applied in skill and I try to explain that. i don't understand why people say that dodge is bad because it provide a good defense on fisical attack(auto attack ).
Rogue have defense lower than other class because it is the damager of team and have big damage and loss survivability .
Rogue build is based on make damage not on survivability It can' t have the biggest damage and big defense too.
My question is about annoying time factor on defense of mage and block of a slot of skill of a character that have huge mana so it seems to be born for raining skills and give advantage for his primary of big mana resource .
Understand now? here it is not a buff request
Only a request to fix this annoying thing of time skill defense .

Lawpvp
12-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Pff serious. I know dodge is not applied in skill and I try to explain that. i don't understand why people say that dodge is bad because it provide a good defense on fisical attack(auto attack ).
Rogue have defense lower than other class because it is the damager of team and have big damage and loss survivability .
Rogue build is based on make damage not on survivability It can' t have the biggest damage and big defense too.
My question is about annoying time factor on defense of mage and block of a slot of skill of a character that have huge mana so it seems to be born for raining skills and give advantage for his primary of big mana resource .
Understand now? here it is not a buff request
Only a request to fix this annoying thing of time skill defense .

because dodging auto attacks is completely irrelevant with the exception of rogue vs mage and rogue vs warrior to a lesser extent. But 1v1 is not what balance should be based off of so dodge, by the transitive property, is completely irrelevant when discussing balance of the game with regards to pvp. From there, both rogues and mages are 1 shot/1 comboed through nekro shield etc., but mages have their own form of invulnerability and damage reduction, while rogues have no form of immunity and a pitiful form of damage reduction. Therefore, asking for ANOTHER form of defense for mages while rogues still have none is complete bs

Dispressor
12-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Pff sorry professor. I am not asking debuff of any class just think that now we are at 61 and fight go long. So have a timed defense at this cap level is inappropriate.

Dispressor
12-22-2016, 03:01 PM
U fear that it ruins game but untimed mechanics don't have to be stronger of current, only eliminate stupid time factor and a skill block. If mages with 3 skills got too many damage devs have to equilibrate damages . But try to use mage after a few matches u got bored about this tipe of defense.

Lawpvp
12-22-2016, 03:36 PM
U fear that it ruins game but untimed mechanics don't have to be stronger of current, only eliminate stupid time factor and a skill block. If mages with 3 skills got too many damage devs have to equilibrate damages . But try to use mage after a few matches u got bored about this tipe of defense.

i dont fear it will ruin the game, i fear that people like you will influence the devs to do things that make absolutely no sense, like how mages last cap ensured that rogues got 0 help while they were being shafted.

Anyona
12-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Buy glowstik if you're having problems with rogue. The class is fine as it is now. Mages are weak and are heavily dependant on critical these days but the class is still playable to an extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevercan
12-22-2016, 05:40 PM
from what I have seen and heard since I play again the 3 classes have never been this close to balance (atleast not when I was playing) there will always be that minority that is a little less good and will ask for a buf witch in end will result in even a bigger in balance if you ask me (nobody does tho) it's best to use you're time for something wurth spending on instead of whining about something no one will benefit from

Plqgue
12-22-2016, 08:56 PM
i dont fear it will ruin the game, i fear that people like you will influence the devs to do things that make absolutely no sense, like how mages last cap ensured that rogues got 0 help while they were being shafted.

Rogues still got their buff and you're still crying.... we told you this buff would put mage in the trash can and make it rogue legends again...what we who "ensured" you got no help last year said last year is happening now that yalls buff is here. grats you've proven my points from last season over and over

Azebor
12-22-2016, 10:36 PM
In my opinion, mages should not be competing with rogues for burst damage. Mages should be specialists in crowd control (CC) and sustained damage over time (DoT) as evidenced by ALL mage offensive skills having CC and/or DoT upgrades. Unfortunately, pets have made CC immunity and DoT immunity available to all classes, which invalidates the mage specialties in pvp. Devs: Fix the pets, to fix the class.

Kingofninjas
12-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Rogues still got their buff and you're still crying.... we told you this buff would put mage in the trash can and make it rogue legends again...what we who "ensured" you got no help last year said last year is happening now that yalls buff is here. grats you've proven my points from last season over and over

What buff did rogue get? Better gear isn't a buff...

Azebor
12-22-2016, 11:16 PM
In my opinion, mages should NOT be competing with rogues for burst damage. Mages should specialize in crowd control (CC) and damage over time (DoT) as evidenced by all mage offensive skills having CC and/or DoT upgrades. Unfortunately, pets have made CC immunity and DoT immunity available to all classes, which has invalidated the mage specialties in pvp. So devs: take another look at pvp immunities, fix the pets, to fix the class.

Plqgue
12-22-2016, 11:43 PM
What buff did rogue get? Better gear isn't a buff...
It was exactly what you asked for armor and damage it's the exact buff they cried for all last season and you sit here and deny it. What more do you want fam another 3K armor maybe a rogue damage buff of 5.0% damage so y'all can get yalls rocks off at destroying other classes even with defensive skills a mage can't stand in this season if y'all didn't get a buff IDK what else to call it

Kingofninjas
12-23-2016, 02:14 AM
It was exactly what you asked for armor and damage it's the exact buff they cried for all last season and you sit here and deny it. What more do you want fam another 3K armor maybe a rogue damage buff of 5.0% damage so y'all can get yalls rocks off at destroying other classes even with defensive skills a mage can't stand in this season if y'all didn't get a buff IDK what else to call it

The armor difference between mage and rogue has not changed as a per cent. You cannot seriously be claiming that rogues got a buff just because their stats increased because of new gear....LOL

Lawpvp
12-23-2016, 02:18 AM
The armor difference between mage and rogue has not changed as a per cent. You cannot seriously be claiming that rogues got a buff just because their stats increased because of new gear....LOL

He is, this is the type of logic he has always and will always use.

Plqgue
12-23-2016, 09:21 AM
It's better than denying the buff that dev told you to wait for and you got the next season ...I hope dev listen to us and give us a chance next season so we can see tall cry for another season because this is ridiculous you guys cry when you lose cry when you win cry when you get a buff cry when something doesn't go your way 100% cry when someone has an opinion that differs from yours ...neither of you can deny that what we all said would happen is happening now deny your buff all you want but there's no possible way you can say that we weren't right in the long run . We wanted a balanced buff you guys wanted rogue legends...just admit it

Lawpvp
12-23-2016, 09:52 AM
It's better than denying the buff that dev told you to wait for and you got the next season ...I hope dev listen to us and give us a chance next season so we can see tall cry for another season because this is ridiculous you guys cry when you lose cry when you win cry when you get a buff cry when something doesn't go your way 100% cry when someone has an opinion that differs from yours ...neither of you can deny that what we all said would happen is happening now deny your buff all you want but there's no possible way you can say that we weren't right in the long run . We wanted a balanced buff you guys wanted rogue legends...just admit it

Ive been at endgame a week. Til then i was a twink, the best one at my lvl. So all this crying u speak of wasn't coming from me. In fact, it was coming from mage players like u or rage who were spamming every thread crying about "rogue legends". Pls tell me in what way rogues were "buffed", what fundamental aspect of rogues were altered to make them stronger. As kingofninjas said, new gear isnt a buff. Since u won't be able to say anything I'll just let you be salty and cry about "rogue legends".

yubaraj
12-23-2016, 11:08 AM
This conflict is never gonna end lol.

Anyways its just a game have fun.

Chill in town, spam people with love messagens. Tease someone.. Sing a song .. Spread love not hatred.

Btw just compare the possible max stats between all the classes when we were level 56 and when we are level 61. You will see the clear picture what happened here. Mages got nerfed. That's a sad truth but hold on I am not asking mage buff nor nerfing other class.

Bless
12-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Mages have raw damage, I think that makes up for the crits

yubaraj
12-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Mages have raw damage, I think that makes up for the crits

Yap..

/partyi raw
/partyi damage

Accept party invite plz..

Anyways why you are saying mages have raw damage. I am confused. Can you elaborate plz

Zeus
12-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Yap..

/partyi raw
/partyi damage

Accept party invite plz..

Anyways why you are saying mages have raw damage. I am confused. Can you elaborate plz

He hasn't played in a while. I think he still thinks that mages have more stat damage than rogue. The other option is more AOE damage than rogue, which can as a result be more total raw damage when you count up the damage.

Either way tho, sorcerers still have a place in PvP and were never meant to be the main or replacement killers for rogues. When that happened, game was broken.

yubaraj
12-23-2016, 06:21 PM
He hasn't played in a while. I think he still thinks that mages have more stat damage than rogue. The other option is more AOE damage than rogue, which can as a result be more total raw damage when you count up the damage.

Either way tho, sorcerers still have a place in PvP and were never meant to be the main or replacement killers for rogues. When that happened, game was broken.

Hmm okay.

Yap maybe if you add all AOE damage it may be more lol. But when I think more may be I am wrong. I wonder how much AOE damage mage can deal and how much OP damage rogue can make in a minute considering the crit damage and the cool down of the skills between rogue and mage.

Clash is about the team and better teamwork is needed in order to win. Thank God mages are still needed in a clash environment so I am not asking for buff or nerf.

But when we are talking about vs between mages and rogues, mages have a hard time winning way lower geared rogues these days. That's what bothers me lol. I can't accept duel invite from rogues now sorry I am noob.

Lawpvp
12-23-2016, 06:41 PM
Hmm okay.

Yap maybe if you add all AOE damage it may be more lol. But when I think more may be I am wrong. I wonder how much AOE damage mage can deal and how much OP damage rogue can make in a minute considering the crit damage and the cool down of the skills between rogue and mage.

Clash is about the team and better teamwork is needed in order to win. Thank God mages are still needed in a clash environment so I am not asking for buff or nerf.

But when we are talking about vs between mages and rogues, mages have a hard time winning way lower geared rogues these days. That's what bothers me lol. I can't accept duel invite from rogues now sorry I am noob.

Because rogues are meant for 1v1 dmg and mages arent. Have u ever played a moba? Adc's in mobas tend to have the highest single target damage in the game because that is what they build for, single target damage thru and thru. Lategame in a moba, adc's will wreck anything in 1v1 with the exception of a few assassins that have even higher single target damage. Same thing applies here. Expecting to be even in 1v1 against the single target damage class as the aoe damage class is an unreasonable expectation.

And 1v1 is not the aspect of pvp the devs should be looking at when considering balance. But u havent asked for any nerfs or whined and complained like plqgue so kudos to u

yubaraj
12-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Because rogues are meant for 1v1 dmg and mages arent. Have u ever played a moba? Adc's in mobas tend to have the highest single target damage in the game because that is what they build for, single target damage thru and thru. Lategame in a moba, adc's will wreck anything in 1v1 with the exception of a few assassins that have even higher single target damage. Same thing applies here. Expecting to be even in 1v1 against the single target damage class as the aoe damage class is an unreasonable expectation.

And 1v1 is not the aspect of pvp the devs should be looking at when considering balance. But u havent asked for any nerfs or whined and complained like plqgue so kudos to u

I guess I will stop now. Time to move on and focus on PVE I guess.
Have fun killing same race.

xtian02
12-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Well if you guys think mage is 'BALANCED' now, for me its not.

xtian02
12-23-2016, 09:58 PM
what do you expect bro his main is rouge

Potato is me
12-23-2016, 10:04 PM

You played mage when mage was OP at that time, dont deny it because at that time many players were converting to mage too. Can you play as mage now and say the same? i really doubt so because you quit mage just when you realised they aint gonna survive with the new gears around.

Lawpvp
12-23-2016, 10:07 PM
You played mage when mage was OP at that time, dont deny it because at that time many players were converting to mage too. Can you play as mage now and say the same? i really doubt so because you quit mage just when you realised they aint gonna survive with the new gears around.

Except the new gears arent around yet, and they wont be til the last part of the expansion is open.

Potato is me
12-23-2016, 10:12 PM
In my opinion, mages should not be competing with rogues for burst damage. Mages should be specialists in crowd control (CC) and sustained damage over time (DoT) as evidenced by ALL mage offensive skills having CC and/or DoT upgrades. Unfortunately, pets have made CC immunity and DoT immunity available to all classes, which invalidates the mage specialties in pvp. Devs: Fix the pets, to fix the class.

couldnt be said better, many mage skills are rendereds useless thanks to those fabulous AAs. mages will soon lose their importance when sts keep coming up with more shields/mana regen/ even hp regen and buffs`

Potato is me
12-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Except the new gears arent around yet, and they wont be til the last part of the expansion is open.

i was talking about 61 legend gears which outclassed the before overpowered immortal gun because the new gears are giving so much more damage, armor and health. Zeus played as mage at lvl 56 cap and prolly a bit of early 61 and left when the legend gears are more available claiming that he can do well in mage but was in fact a total fluke because mages were OP at 56, its a silent agreement but we can see many pro players converting to mage at that time.

Spell
12-23-2016, 10:22 PM

This + 10000 ty someone who actually talks some truth!

extrapayah
12-23-2016, 10:47 PM
probably by simply buffing gun and staff base damage to be equal with bow and daggers will solve the problem...

this is also a problem in pve, because when killing not so though boss where dragon staff is useless, mage is so weak compared to that of a rogue with equal gear... i know that rogue is single target specialist, but eventually players will need to fight a boss nevertheless, and the difference is quite extreme.

Anyona
12-23-2016, 10:53 PM
My only suggestion to not sway the tide to the mage class but make them able to produce reasonable damage would be to make int give us mages critical as every 1 int gives rogues 0.02 critical.

Zeus
12-24-2016, 01:11 AM
i was talking about 61 legend gears which outclassed the before overpowered immortal gun because the new gears are giving so much more damage, armor and health. Zeus played as mage at lvl 56 cap and prolly a bit of early 61 and left when the legend gears are more available claiming that he can do well in mage but was in fact a total fluke because mages were OP at 56, its a silent agreement but we can see many pro players converting to mage at that time.

My mage wasn't even leveled. I chose to try out rogue first. As far as mage goes, when everybody was saying what mage could NOT do, I went ahead and proved all those people wrong. They said mages couldn't beat rogues in 1v1. I wiped the floor with 99% of rogues in AL. They said sorcerers are weak or I cannot play sorcerer. I beat pretty much every mage who's been playing mage for years that I fought against. The truth is, Papalix is right. People do not know how to play a mage except for a few people, in my opinion.

It wasn't a fluke when I was winning against people's mages who have played mage for years. I can still dig up videos if need be...

Instanthumor
12-24-2016, 02:05 AM
probably by simply buffing gun and staff base damage to be equal with bow and daggers will solve the problem...

this is also a problem in pve, because when killing not so though boss where dragon staff is useless, mage is so weak compared to that of a rogue with equal gear... i know that rogue is single target specialist, but eventually players will need to fight a boss nevertheless, and the difference is quite extreme.

I feel like mage's damage in PvP is where it should be at. Buffing mage damage stat would create more class unbalance (rip warriors). A more reasonable solution would be to just minimally decrease rogue's damage (and/or crit) stat in pvp.

Aimsax
12-24-2016, 04:05 AM

To be honest the real problem here is in fact the dodge... Those beetles in citadel make me wanna quit game every time I run lmao

sorceress~~kreamx
12-25-2016, 04:10 AM
No need of nerf and buff... Just remove speed set buff from pvp and see how things go

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk