PDA

View Full Version : Mage/Paladin Solo

Smartress
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I can solo all instances to Lost Expedition as a level 40 mage/paladin. Just wondering what other maps can you solo? Alien Oasis, Swamp, Skeller are difficult to solo.

Also just out of curiosity, it seems the loot droprate and gold drop significantly when you solo, is that a fair observation to prevent FARM?

What is the best class to solo btw?

roguedubb
06-27-2010, 09:16 PM
I have soloed AO Seth & Anubis. They took quite a few wipes, but trash is easy to clear, the casters are annoying because they take a while to beat down, a pack of melee can be trouble if I don't have debuffs or mana shield. In full Thoth mana regen isn't an issue except if there is lots of damage coming in with mana shield up.

For the bosses I stagger mana shield and debuffs so that I always have at least one of them going which negates most damage, if I run in and use both debuffs and mana shield the spike damage that comes in when they all wear off is too much to heal through. Other than that I just spam heals+lightning and reapply blessings at every available chance.

Haven't tried soloing any of the pre-AO stuff yet.

Oh and this is as an Enchantress, Thoth gear, skills selected for debuffs, blessings, lightning, mana shield, stats split between enough DEX for 100 Hit and the rest in STR.

bmc85uk
06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
The amount of loot dropped isn't fixed, as far as I can tell it's one per person, so a group of 5 get 5 drop chances.
I assume the chances of each drop being a certain colour are the same regardless of how many people are around.

Royce
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Loot drops are independantly determined for each player, so you will have the same chance of getting the same drops regardless of party size. However it might seem better with a group simply because you move more quickly through dungeons.

Smartress
06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
I see, kind of make sense.

It make more sense to go with a group of 5 then, since you have 5 chances to get a loot, especially from a boss.

tjornan
06-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Really? cuz i swear ive got like 5 pinks from AO with 5 people in 10 rounds (before they nerfed the pink drop rate :......( and then when i soloed the rounds i only got 1. i tried this a few times... its no coincidence.

But anyway.... Ive soloed every boss in the game. dead eyes, frogmar, basset, seth, you name it i soloed it. Course it cost me about 15000 dollars for the potions i needed. using your basic paladin

Royce
06-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Really?

Yes, really.

Furrawn
06-28-2010, 04:01 AM
The best solo kill I've had was Frogmar...

The thing about soloing that I like is I can train & practice my skills... Test out new weapons... Etc
I haven't soloed in Oasis, though... Seth would do me in:)