PDA

View Full Version : Pro's Only Please

loc96
09-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Im a level 60 Mage and have recently played pvp on that my mage.
I also have an archer and i am very good on pvp with that.

My question is: Which skill do i allocate my points to on my mage. (Im going to be staying on level 60 until the level cap is raised.)

There are 58 Skills total to allocate my points to.

Please leave a reply with this formality:

Frostbite: (skill points)
Lightning: (skill points)
Heal: (skill points)
Resurrect: (skill points)
Firestorm: (skill points)
Icestorm: (skill points)
Drain Life: (skill points)
Weakness: (skill points)
Nightmare: (skill points)
Magic Shield: (skill points)
Blessing of Vitality: (skill points)
Blessing of Might: (skill points)

Thank You! :)

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Frostbite:6
Lightning:6
Heal:6
Resurrect:1
Firestorm: 6
Icestorm:2
Drain Life:6
Weakness:6
Nightmare:6
Magic Shield:1
Blessing of Vitality:6
Blessing of Might:6

loc96
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Ice-storm is useless then?

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
well since u like to PvP, frost is important cause its single target damage

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Not *useless* just rarely used. Unless you're a pally...

loc96
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Thank You!<3

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Not *useless* just rarely used. Unless you're a pally...
it can be used like when ur playing CTF and everyone is together in one group

Thank You!<3
Any Time :)

GELLIO77
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
ice storm good for ffa can combo all the enemies

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
it can be used like when ur playing CTF and everyone is together in one group

Yes.. But if you're not a pally, the chances of surviving longer then 4 seconds is so low it won't matter. :P

Myzticwarrior
10-02-2011, 01:36 AM
i'm a level 60 mage to. I can't say I'm a pro but good enough I think.
frost bite = 6
lightning = 6
heal = 6
resurrect = 1
fire storm = 6
ice storm = 1
drain life = 6
weakness = 6
nightmare = 6
mana shield = 3
bov = 6
bom = 6

that's good for pvp and pve. i don't know if the pros like amyxrose(nuke mage), alwaysdtf(paladin) will agree but it works for me Myzticwarrior(paladin) but previously a nuke mage.

hope i help you a bit.

XghostzX
10-02-2011, 11:16 AM
No Ice storm is very useful, i PvP a lot and am Lvl 61 with demonic. Having ice storm maxed gives your character nearly maximum damage to your build, and more time for freezing and damage. Take out points from weakness and nightmare to max out ice storm, and leave more points in nightmare than weakness cause decreasing an opponents armor is more important than weakening there damage (since all characters have a high damage already, weakness is nearly useless)

Zapoke
10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
No Ice storm is very useful, i PvP a lot and am Lvl 61 with demonic. Having ice storm maxed gives your character nearly maximum damage to your build, and more time for freezing and damage. Take out points from weakness and nightmare to max out ice storm, and leave more points in nightmare than weakness cause decreasing an opponents armor is more important than weakening there damage (since all characters have a high damage already, weakness is nearly useless)

Of course it's useful to those who go close.. :p , But a lot of people stay around 8-12 meters, making it pointless... But yeah, it's better then weakness.

Kingsyan
10-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Max BoV BoM
Max Fire Light Drain Heal Mana Shield
Max Nightmare
One Point in Ressurect
Max Frostbite
The rest in Icestorm

AbsolutePally
10-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Hmm im finding some of this contradictory to my own beliefs and build... The big polarized topic seems to be ices and debuffs. Weakness and nightmare. Ice damage (aoe) one is so low and enemy armor is so high it is in fact (imo) the useless skill maxed. If your base ice dmg is 197 and base enemy armor is 198 all it effectively does is freeze them. Now debuffs on the other hand are extremely and more universally effective. 30% less hit plus 36 dodge is a recipe for living forever. Enemy armor end game is so high nightmare is barely cutting dow, sure the reduction helps and the less dodge debuff too. Basically if u time your debuffs to maximize their lenght and effect vs different enemies u will only need the ices for the effect. Stoping enemy primarily (for auto) and secondly for combo (hor flash.) I am am pally so my way may be a little different but 1/1 me or play w me and you will see how I put it all together.

Myzticwarrior
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Exactly my point Alwaysdtf. For me. Max frost bite, lightning, heal, fire storm, drain life, nightmare, weakness, bov and bom
One point for resurrect and ice storm
Rest mana shield

Do you agree with me Alwaysdtf???

AbsolutePally
10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Exactly my point Alwaysdtf. For me. Max frost bite, lightning, heal, fire storm, drain life, nightmare, weakness, bov and bom
One point for resurrect and ice storm
Rest mana shield

Do you agree with me Alwaysdtf???
Your build is similiat to mine. Not exact but I am also a 61.
Depending on what kind of mage the thread creater/inquirer is our builds may hot be helpful. Instead, if a nuke mage, max all attacks, buffs, and shield. Put the rest in one debuff of your choice. I highly suggest weakness since it procs w wands.

XghostzX
10-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Hmm im finding some of this contradictory to my own beliefs and build... The big polarized topic seems to be ices and debuffs. Weakness and nightmare. Ice damage (aoe) one is so low and enemy armor is so high it is in fact (imo) the useless skill maxed. If your base ice dmg is 197 and base enemy armor is 198 all it effectively does is freeze them. Now debuffs on the other hand are extremely and more universally effective. 30% less hit plus 36 dodge is a recipe for living forever. Enemy armor end game is so high nightmare is barely cutting dow, sure the reduction helps and the less dodge debuff too. Basically if u time your debuffs to maximize their lenght and effect vs different enemies u will only need the ices for the effect. Stoping enemy primarily (for auto) and secondly for combo (hor flash.) I am am pally so my way may be a little different but 1/1 me or play w me and you will see how I put it all together. Ice doesn't have to be damaged-known when playing. For instance, how many mages out there hate it when they get stunned by a bear or str bird and they r being attacked? Your frostbite is probably used up already and u need to heal and buy yourself time. I tested this and the freeze time u get on a str bird or bear (unless they dodge) is usually around 2-3 seconds more. And believe me, that much time is so beneficial...

WhoIsThis
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
It's useful to put 1 point in ice storm for sure. Hot flash is very potent on a pure int with a staff.

But I'm not sure about putting more points into it. IIRC, the freeze duration doesn't increase with more points, does it?

Zapoke
10-04-2011, 10:14 PM
It's useful to put 1 point in ice storm for sure. Hot flash is very potent on a pure int with a staff.

But I'm not sure about putting more points into it. IIRC, the freeze duration doesn't increase with more points, does it?

No, but the single skill's damage, and the combo damage does.

WhoIsThis
10-05-2011, 03:39 AM

No, but the single skill's damage, and the combo damage does.

So you are saying that the second, "fire blast" part of hot flash increases with more points in ice? Can you prove it with another source?

Edit: For sure, adding more points in fire will be useful in increasing hot flash damage. So you are saying that hot flash's damage is a function of both spells?

Hot flash does around 30% more damage than fire blast alone IIRC, knocking back the target, like fire, but also stunning them.

Zapoke
10-05-2011, 07:25 AM
So you are saying that the second, "fire blast" part of hot flash increases with more points in ice? Can you prove it with another source?

Edit: For sure, adding more points in fire will be useful in increasing hot flash damage. So you are saying that hot flash's damage is a function of both spells?

Hot flash does around 30% more damage than fire blast alone IIRC, knocking back the target, like fire, but also stunning them.

Sorry, worded it wrong. I meant that it increases the total combo damage.. Fire's damage+ice's damage+combo damage.

But, idk. Maybe more ice does give more combo damage. Have never sat down and tested. ._.

WhoIsThis
10-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't believe it does.

Others I've spoken to don't either. Combo damage is believed to be either a function of some sort of base damage or the damage of the second attack (fire blast, stomp, blast shot for self combos, and others like lightning).

Either way, ice attacks do not significantly increase their skill damage with more points, which is why 1 point IMO is sufficient.