PDA

View Full Version : My try at drawing an Enchantress on SketchBook Pro.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey everyone,

I like to draw and I usually don't do faces and people unless I have something to work off of. I like to draw words and stuff. Well, there's plenty of pictures of Pocket Legends, so with this new app I have (SketchBook Pro), I decided to give it a try. RedRyder influenced me to give it a try. This is nowhere near what some of the other guys can do so be easy on me lol.

She looks a little upset and really not much like the picture I drew it from, but I tried. Sorry, some of the colors went over the lines. Lol. I think if I do more, i'll get more adjusted and better at using this app. And when I buy a stylus, it'll be a lot easier to draw lines.

I plan on doing the other characters shortly. :D

Thanks for lookin'.

Link to picture I used: http://www.iphones.ru/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0020-560x420.jpg

StompArtist
09-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Wut? You just got the app minutes ago and you do something like that? I am impressed. Looks good.

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Wut? You just got the app minutes ago and you do something like that? I am impressed. Looks good.

Lol, i've had such a quiet day at work today. It's amazing. Thanks though Stomp! Greatly appreciated! I know she looks a little weird but if you stare at her long enough, she'll grow on you. Lol :D

Neffy
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Great! Except she looks kind of puckered. ;P

Nourish
09-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Which brush did you use?

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Great! Except she looks kind of puckered. ;P

Lol! Thanks man :D And yes she does, dosn't she lol... I gotta practice drawing mouths I guess lol. Let's just say, she's a little salty right now. She'll get over it. :beaten:

Which brush did you use?

Well I used several. I started with the pencil tool with a larger radius for the main outline of the face and hood. Then I lowered the radius for the thinner lines and the features of the face.

The coloring was done with both of the paint spray tools. Different opacity depending on how light i wanted the colors. That's pretty much the only brushes that I used. The difference was the opacity and radius that I used. I had some over spray on the colors so I took the eraser tool and "smoothed" out the outline of the character and some other areas of the face. Thanks! :)

oxdream81
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Coool :)

i like that style ~ picture is very unique !

StompArtist
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
She has the exact face I make when someone asks to be revved from halway accross the map!

Cytokinesis
09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
she has the exact face i make when someone asks to be revved from halway accross the map!
bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Navygreen
10-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Lmaoo! That's so funny

Thanks everyone :-)

Zaltiar
10-01-2011, 08:25 AM
who cares if it doesnt look like the picture you draw it from! it's great!
being different gives it your own style and I quite like the sketchy-ness of it all :)
keep at it and keep us updated ;)

Silentarrow
10-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Wow! That's awesome!

RedRyder
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Nice! It's hard to get the hang of it, but once you do you'll be making some beautiful work. It took me about 50 or more drawing before I got used to it.

What I do is use the 8B pencil (tap on the "i" tab on the top right to unlock other sets to draw with. If you purchased sketchbook pro, they'll be free of charge IAP's) to get the sketch down. After that I go over the lines with a darker shade on another layer, cleaning it off with the eraser.

After that's done, delete the first layer. If you're having a hard time getting the proportions on point, sketch out the drawing on paper and take a picture of it. Use that sketch as the main layer with a lowered opacity , creating a new layer over it that you'll be working on. When all of that is done, combine the layers since we're only given a maximum of 12 per project.

For coloring, every single color shade has it's own layer in case I screw up I wouldn't have to start over. If you want to get technical with the colors,
While still keeping them on seperate layers but blending the darker shade to the lighter shade with the round eraser (lowering the opacity to 2; may take some extra swiping, but the precision's worth it.)

Practice makes perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmyxspaceship
10-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Nice pic! I miss the old loading screen.

Navygreen
10-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the cool comments :o

Ryder, thanks so much. That layers tip just gave me some ideas. Cool! :applause:

All you guys are great thanks again!

RedRyder
10-04-2011, 08:33 AM
No problem, glad I helped :)

An added tip:

I learned this in my earlier art classes in middle school; never outline the shaded areas. It takes away from the effect that it's an actual shade since it'd separate the two colors. For blending, the round eraser is your best friend!

Navygreen
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
So you're saying I would've failed a middle-school art test haha!! J/k :P

I'm a sponge so I love to learn things. I have no formal art training or classes under my belt. So I appreciate the tips. Thanks so much, Ryder. :)