PDA

View Full Version : Support for Kindle Fire?

Reaganite
09-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Anyone know if Pocket Legends will be playable on the new Kindle Fire?

NECROREAPER
09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna assume that it more than likely will be supported, however I'm no dev so I'd wait foe an official word from them.

Spekticle
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Anyone know if Pocket Legends will be playable on the new Kindle Fire?

If there is no OFFICIAL support for PL on the kFire. The kFire is running a custom homescreen over Gingerbread (Android OS) we don't know if Amazon will allow access to the Android Appstore (probably not because they have there own appstore)
But someone, somewhere, will hack it and allow full Android to be ported onto the kFire and then you will indeed have PL for the kFire.

Otukura
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
If there is no OFFICIAL support for PL on the kFire. The kFire is running a custom homescreen over Gingerbread (Android OS) we don't know if Amazon will allow access to the Android Appstore (probably not because they have there own appstore)
But someone, somewhere, will hack it and allow full Android to be ported onto the kFire and then you will indeed have PL for the kFire.

You're making me think about getting one now...

Navygreen
09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm buying one if I can download apps. Period. If there's an android market available, i'm buying one. :)

mejslll
09-29-2011, 06:25 PM
how bout a nook?

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 06:30 PM
how bout a nook?
u have to hack a Nook to get the Android Market

WoundedEagle
09-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Kindle Fire Aye?
http://siliconangle.com/files/2011/09/amazon-kindle-fire.jpg

Otukura
09-29-2011, 06:44 PM
how bout a nook?

I was thinking about that a month or so ago, the fire is 50 bucks cheaper.

WoundedEagle
09-29-2011, 06:45 PM
I was thinking about that a month or so ago, the fire is 50 bucks cheaper.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!1111!1!111!!!!

It's a bird! No, It's a plane! Check it out EVERYONE! (http://www.androidcentral.com/amazon-kindle-fire-qa)

Oh and if it runs Android, that means we could download the APK. of PL or Sl from here. But I quote,

"Great. So it runs Android apps then?

Yep. With a small catch: There's no Android Market. That's not a big a deal as it used to be, given that the Amazon Appstore is quite good. But it's something you should know going into it."

Reaganite
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
You're making me think about getting one now...

LOL - I went ahead and pre-ordered one anyway. It would be nice if one of the devs would make an 'official' comment on whether or not PL can be played on the Fire.

Otukura
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!1111!1!111!!!!

It's a bird! No, It's a plane! Check it out EVERYONE! (http://www.androidcentral.com/amazon-kindle-fire-qa)

Oh and if it runs Android, that means we could download the APK. of PL or Sl from here. But I quote,

"Great. So it runs Android apps then?

Yep. With a small catch: There's no Android Market. That's not a big a deal as it used to be, given that the Amazon Appstore is quite good. But it's something you should know going into it."

I remember the devs saying that getting PL on the Amazon market wouldn't work.. so. unless it allows third party apps, we're doomed!

WoundedEagle
09-29-2011, 08:34 PM
LOL - I went ahead and pre-ordered one anyway. It would be nice if one of the devs would make an 'official' comment on whether or not PL can be played on the Fire.
I concur.

Spekticle
10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm buying one if I can download apps. Period. If there's an android market available, i'm buying one. :)

There will be the android market. We don't know yet if Amazon is allowing it to be used. Because that wouldn't make sense because they are selling the device for a loss because they are banking on that people will buy stuff and books from their app store and book store so, letting people use the Android app store wouldn't make sense.

But no matter what the device can be hacked because it is running android therefore it is hackable

Rare
10-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Even without android market you can get the apk from STS website. I did that for another generic tablet I had.

Elyseon
10-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Most small sized tablets do not havethe android market so they cant download pl or sl

Spekticle
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Most small sized tablets do not havethe android market so they cant download pl or sl
What on earth are you talking about?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7inch
HTC Flyer
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Acer Iconia
Dell Streak
VerSonic
Archos 70
Coby Kyros
Skytex Protos

All of these are 7inch tablets.

These all run Android so all of them can run the Android App Store.

Yvonnel
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
No worries folks. That's the great thing about Android. Someone will fix it. More than likely it will be fairly easy to side load apps anyway. Most android devices are pretty easy to push apps onto.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Xyzther
10-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Lol one of my friends irl had a bday on monday and decided to get the kindle keyboard, I was sad Bc I thought the kindle fire would have pl and I wanted him to start playing lol