PDA

View Full Version : Reggin's Build - Control Tank

Reggin
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Figured I would share my newest build, as it has been extremely effective at both keeping aggro and staying alive. It was also designed to at least make the terrible two bar system a little more tolerable!

The entire focus is on being a real tank, not trying to be hybrid dps. Meganaut set with platinum heavy weapon is the way to go (dodge amplifier).

Skills:
0-1-0-5
6-6-5-6
0-0-0

Maps (bottom to top):
1- increase mass, gravity well, neutron stomp, kinetic resovoir
2- IM, gravitron slam, singularity, KR

How to use it:
Lead the way and pop IM while engaging a pack. Walk to whatever wall is closest to mobs that can't be pulled.

Gravity well to gather, and move away from the wall. As soon as they hit the wall, NS to knock them down. Keep aoe auto going at all times.

Put some distance while they are down and switch to bar two. As soon as they stand up, hit them with GS to keep aggro and slow them down while still packed. Singularity will pin them to the wall yet again if any are still alive.

With IM and KR on both bars, you can keep almost 900 armor up 50% of the time with 27% constant dodge. You can spam skills until your fingers fall off too!

Only enhancer using ops and engineers with no skill who needlessly draw threat by spamming heals when the whole team has full health have a chance of stealing aggro.

With 2 aoe stuns, all 3 aoe taunts, an aoe pull, and aoe auto, I swear by this build...

IGN: Bigblackdude

Manwolf
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I like this build! I will try it out.

Question for you and others.....Im a level 20 Commando. I play a little each day but am not power leveling. Given that I am at level 20, and like to solo or pub some, how would you allocate 20 skill points and than what would you do with forthcoming points as a get them?

Thanks in advance!

Reggin
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM
With 20 skill points available, I would go with 6 increase mass (less is useless), 6 gravity well (for maximum pulling), 5 kinetic resovoir (so you don't need pots for leveling) and 1 each in singularity, gravitron slam, and neutron stomp.

This will give you all the skills, just slightly less damage with them. Since damage isn't important for this build, that isn't a big deal. After that, I'd max gravitron slam (since it combos) then singularity.

Let me know what you think when you try it out! Works wonders in numa where mobs can all be pulled!

Manwolf
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks alot! I will give it a shot tonight!

Acezero
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol reggin backwards

Manwolf
10-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Ok reggin tried it out. I was rocking. Great build. Quickie question, I set up my hotkeys in your format.....in a fight with a tougher pull, after the first series how would you continue after the originial pull? Remember I am only level 20. (Close to 21).

Reggin
10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
In an extended fight, I would stay on the second bar with singularity and gravitron slam and do your best to keep the strong mob pinned against the wall.

Stay close so your party can maintain distance. If you see that the mob is going after a teammate instead of you, switch back to bar one, go back to where you want it to be pinned, and use the gravity well then neutron stomp combo to hopefully regain aggro.

The trick is to switch to bar two right after the stomp so you can use the two taunts on that bar to regain aggro quickly.

Hope this helps! And to the guy making fun of my name, I bet you are the type of person who would giggle uncontrollably if you met someone named Mike Hunt...

Manwolf
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
lol Reggin. Good one.

Thanks......for the tips. I will try that out tonight. How will that build solo ya think? I will try that as well. I still tend to pot a bit. Tried last night but Im still getting my skills squared away toggling bars.

Reggin
10-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I think the design of SL is less solo friendly than PL, so this build was designed specifically around keeping aggro and mitigating damage while the other team members do the damage.

If you want a solo build, I would try punk's build since it provides healing ability. This build is definitely not going to put out a ton of damage. Ideally, you would want to group up with an engineer and three operatives. While this build keeps mobs stunned a lot and reduces damage, it does require healing or stims, or lots of waiting.

Reggin
11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
This build still works quite well at 35 by the way. Put all the extra skill points into back breaker.

As far as maps go (bottom to top), map 1 is increase mass, gravity well, neutron stomp, kinetic resovoir. Map 2 is increase mass, gravitron slam, singularity, back breaker.

Plays the same, only you have back breaker as a finisher. With proper timing, after the map 1 pull, stomp, kinetic, you can quickly switch to map 2 and hit the 3 attacks while kinetic damage boost is up.

The build is still extremely effective at keeping group aggro, staying alive, and making a smart group extremely efficient!