PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation of the 2016 winter event

Kiritobozz
12-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Hi there,

I would like to point out the positives and the negatives of this event as a whole. Feel free to
share your opinions and thoughts on this matter in order to improve this event and let the
developers know how you, the player, think about this.

positives:

-Really nice vanities.

-The items worth looting in the new locked crates.

-The brooding grounds became more attractive for farmers.

-The ability to gain tokens outside of the event by fighting the frost fiends.

negatives:

-The token vendor doesn't contain valuable items for players to spend their tokens on.

-Tier rewards and the loot from the event as a whole mainly contains vanities in contrast to
previous events from 2014. As new vanities in most cases have a nice design during the release
of every new event, they are however not worth reaching the platinum tier. Platinum tiers used
to have much more valuable rewards like the eye of syrillax. In my honest opinion, the platinum
tier should contain at least a valuable pet egg or a special and limited multi-stat jewel which is
very realistic since the release of the new order jewels.

-The only place worth farming at the moment are the brooding grounds, and this place
does not even require energy to enter. In my opinion, the loot table should be upgraded
in order to motivate non-lb runners to play the event more. For example, during the
2014 winter event, syrillax used to drop an eye. Even though the chance to loot this
item was very slim, it still motivated many players to run the event even though they already
reached the platinum tier a long time ago.

-During the last few events the overall event rewards have been mostly vanities. I would suggest
the developers to derive from this mentality since vanities do not statistically help players with
playing the game in contrast to for example an eye of syrillax.

-Many players do not feel motivated because the tier awards mainly consist of vanities which yet again,
may look nice, but do not add any statistic bonus in order to help the player to get stronger.

Ydra
12-19-2016, 11:25 PM
Rewards that affect the gameplay (as eyes of syrillax previously) tend to yield much better events in my opinion.
Great thread.

Lawpvp
12-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Hi there,

I would like to point out the positives and the negatives of this event as a whole. Feel free to
share your opinions and thoughts on this matter in order to improve this event and let the
developers know how you, the player, thinks about this.

positives:

-Really nice vanities.

-The items worth looting in the new locked crates.

-The brooding grounds became more attractive for farmers.

-The ability to gain tokens outside of the event by fighting the frost fiends.

negatives:

-The token vendor doesn't contain valuable items for players to spend their tokens on.

-Tier rewards and the loot from the event as a whole mainly contain vanities in contrast to
previous events from 2014. As new vanities in most cases have a nice design during the release
of every new event, they are however not worth reaching the platinum tier. Platinum tiers used
to have much more valuable rewards like the eye of syrillax. In my honest opinion, the platinum
tier should contain at least a valuable pet egg or a special and limited multi-stat jewel which is
very realistic since the release of the new order jewels.

-The only place worth farming at the moment are the brooding grounds, and this place
does not even require energy to enter. In my opinion, the loot table should be upgraded
in order to motivate non-lb runners to play the event more. For example, during the
2014 winter event, syrillax used to drop an eye. Even though the chance to loot this
item was very slim, it still motivated many players to run the event even though they already
reached the platinum tier a long time ago.

-During the last few events the overall event rewards have been mostly vanities. I would suggest
the developers to derive from this mentality since vanities do not statistically help players with
playing the game in contrast to for example an eye of syrillax.

-Many players do not feel motivated because the tier awards mainly consist of vanities which yet again,
may look nice, but do not add any statistic bonus in order to help the player to get stronger.

Rewards that affect the gameplay (as eyes of syrillax previously) tend to yield much better events in my opinion.
Great thread.

events with rewards like this were also the topic of a lot of controversy for years to come. Hence the restriction of para/eyes to items lvl 46 and below. I'm sure this is what the developers are trying to avoid.

Ceuidear
12-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Positives :-

► New Banner for plat Tier.

► New Vanity set at token vendor.

► New boss in brooding ground.

► frost fiends drops tokens ?! (Guess my pets dont see it :p)

Negatives :-

► Not really good energy essence drop rate compared to previous event. Both the scales & essences r of same rarity(Epic) still the drop rate of scales seems to be high compared to essences.

► Gold Nekro looks like only for plat users. Even among plat users its just 4 of them in a day who can get it. As of my knowledge 60%(Approx.) r plat users. Wonder when will non plat users be able to get it. Even if a non plat users gets to own 1 surely the price is gonna be 10M+.

► No special vanity reward for LB runners. They r just running for a banner, they do need something more than a banner for spending their time n money.

► Plat tier has the same vanity reward except that its recolored. 12K points for plat tier n it ain't easy to reach, i do know its a 3 week event n 12K points is fair but still its hard for players who come online often to play by farming essences wherein the drop rates r too low.

Ydra
12-19-2016, 11:37 PM
Balance is also important, which can be tough to achieve.
But a well-balance, well-deserved reward should definitely be implemented in future events.
The community is always steaming with great ideas, and I'm sure we all have a few regarding possible rewards.

Kiritobozz
12-19-2016, 11:41 PM
events with rewards like this were also the topic of a lot of controversy for years to come. Hence the restriction of para/eyes to items lvl 46 and below. I'm sure this is what the developers are trying to avoid.

Yes, there was a lot of controversy on the release of these gems. However this was because these gems gave the already elite players more power in order to negatively influence the pvp aspect of AL. Pve however remained mostly unaffected. This issue could have simply been resolved by implementing an automatic scaling system to gems like the eye of syrillax. Something similar to this system would be the arcane deary ring. It would also be possible to limit the use of these gems to a certain levelcap, just like what happened before with the eye of syrillax. My point is that there are many ways to implement the most suitable solution for problems like these. Simply removing the gems was just the more easy way around.

Kiritobozz
12-20-2016, 12:28 AM
Great thread.

I completely agree

Kiritobozz
12-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Balance is also important, which can be tough to achieve.
But a well-balance, well-deserved reward should definitely be implemented in future events.
The community is always steaming with great ideas, and I'm sure we all have a few regarding possible rewards.

Balance is key ;)

Helal
12-20-2016, 02:12 PM
2 years ago winter event was great i was running all time on that time all my friends was almost all time online ,, now i just run 3 times a day ,, becouse i do not find this event is good ,, i wait one year for this event and then i got normal event ,, hallawen event was same :,, i notice that devs are focus now for vanity and houses things ,,,in my opinion on this way that wont help this game to grew up ,, maybe who like new vanity and houses items will like this event

Any way this game worth to be much better i wish it will

Kakashis
12-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Didn't like how I came online and it was almost the end of the brooding grounds. I was at work ;(

Fyrce
12-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I missed brooding grounds entirely.

Ydra
12-20-2016, 05:25 PM
I missed brooding grounds entirely.

It ll appear more times. Krampus seems pretty common as far as event eggs go. But it's nice, cause more people get happy.

Lawpvp
12-20-2016, 05:29 PM
Didn't like how I came online and it was almost the end of the brooding grounds. I was at work ;(

it was nice to get 1 energy essence per run aswell as 5 event points but the ingredients are dirt cheap so, u didnt miss much

xtian02
12-20-2016, 06:52 PM
Redesign the platinum banner!
Thats good idea.

mrm
12-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Redesign the platinum banner!
Thats good idea.
whats wrong with it... Its the BEST banner we have ever gotten for ranking up in my opinion

epicrrr
12-20-2016, 10:50 PM
whats wrong with it... Its the BEST banner we have ever gotten for ranking up in my opinion

Could be best? But 12k is too much to the point why bother running. No enjoyment there o well *puts on old banners*

xtian02
12-21-2016, 02:06 AM
I dont know if its sarcastic or not lol.

jikaiky
12-21-2016, 05:25 AM
Why there's no Massive Heart Locked Create in EGG Bar event?? i got 2 Krampus but no one Massive Lock?? Update it. Thankyou! :)

Vvildfire
12-21-2016, 07:57 AM
I don't see what's wrong with having vanities as tier reward, people seem to be really loving the snowglobe banner

Kiritobozz
12-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Could be best? But 12k is too much to the point why bother running. No enjoyment there o well *puts on old banners*

I have to agree that the amount of event points needed for the patinum tier is a little too much. In my opinion it should have been somewhere between 9k-10k.

Kiritobozz
12-21-2016, 04:14 PM
I don't see what's wrong with having vanities as tier reward, people seem to be really loving the snowglobe banner

The problem isn't the fact that there are vanities for tier awards, the problem in my opinion it that it isn't worth reaching the platinum tier for just a some vanities and a title(I left the crate tokens out of the matter since most of the gear from the crate token vendor in garetta is outdated). Players tend to enjoy events more when there is some valuable award to be gained from running these events. At the moment leaderboard runners are working really hard to compete with each other in order to gain some platinum and a vanity while these hardworking leaderboard runners used to receive awards like a limited pet like shady and surge from the 2014 elondria event.

Kiritobozz
12-22-2016, 06:29 AM
2 years ago winter event was great i was running all time on that time all my friends was almost all time online ,, now i just run 3 times a day ,, becouse i do not find this event is good ,, i wait one year for this event and then i got normal event ,, hallawen event was same :,, i notice that devs are focus now for vanity and houses things ,,,in my opinion on this way that wont help this game to grew up ,, maybe who like new vanity and houses items will like this event

Any way this game worth to be much better i wish it will

It's true that the halloween event shared a lot of similarities with the current winter event. But unfortunately so did many other past events since the start of the rengol expansion. In my opinion, the only really 'good' addition to the winter event were the brooding grounds.

Tootex
12-22-2016, 08:22 PM
We all have our motives whether to run the event or not and personally for me I see what I like from the tier rewards, reach the required tier then lose interest in continuing. I'm always grateful for the great work STS puts into the game and it would be impossible for them to please everyone with the rewards on offer. Besides the event there are an abundance of other maps we can run so if we don't like whats on offer from the event theres no need to run it. I see some people have issues with the drop rate of energy essences but they have to consider that this event will last for 3 weeks which is plenty of time to farm for essences and reach plat tier. For the *less patient player event energy kits can be purchased with gold and/or platinum and are affordable. We all have something right now which motivates us and remember this.......MOTION CREATES EMOTION so stay active in the game :)

Trojan2100
12-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quileos
12-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Positive:
Vanity weapon recipes, krampus egg drops, bane item recipe drops.

Negative:
Low gold loots from event chests compared to previous year's event chests.

Sent from my SM-J200G using Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
12-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Only thing missing for me is Christmas lights for houses :(

"The nightmare never ends"

jonsmirl
12-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Krampus Arcane ability is useless. We tested and it adds 2.0 raw points to damage, not 2x. So lose 10% of heath and gain a total of 10 damage points? About a 0.05% improvement for me. This has to be bugged.

voidPtr
12-24-2016, 01:35 AM
Krampus Arcane ability is useless. We tested and it adds 2.0 raw points to damage, not 2x. So lose 10% of heath and gain a total of 10 damage points? About a 0.05% improvement for me. This has to be bugged.
Krampus' AA will be very good ... if you are level 1 :)
Srsly, i think they know what they are doing and know his AA is useless at endgame (even more - it's pretty harmful for the whole party). This is how he's designed, it seems (I'm not saying i like it though).
Different pets have different uses, different weak and strong sides. This applies for AA, passive and happiness - they are differently useful. Obviously, at end game his AA should be changed (i mean slotted) with other pet's AA.
(Otherwise - at lvl61, 2 raw dmg with +500% will yield +10 more damage, which is 0.5% improvement if you had 2000 damage. The health loss is 10%. So the loss is 20 times bigger than the gain.)

gunlet
12-24-2016, 05:09 AM
We already have chaos 2.0 dmg n order jewles so 2.0dmg para and +3all state eye r powerful but not too powerful as wifi they were in 2015..
So para or eye cant ruin power curve as they did before.. eye can be a good reward also the para for its golden aura effect.

Kiritobozz
01-01-2017, 01:46 PM
We already have chaos 2.0 dmg n order jewles so 2.0dmg para and +3all state eye r powerful but not too powerful as wifi they were in 2015..
So para or eye cant ruin power curve as they did before.. eye can be a good reward also the para for its golden aura effect.

I completely agree

Sethyates
01-02-2017, 10:47 AM
I Disagree i think 12k is fine. I reached 12k in a week easily, but i would like it if Syrl or the last boss dropped something that was worth it

Kiritobozz
01-03-2017, 06:54 AM
I Disagree i think 12k is fine. I reached 12k in a week easily, but i would like it if Syrl or the last boss dropped something that was worth it

I also agree that 12k points is reachable in less than three weeks worth of gameplay. The energy drop rate is also fine in my opinion.

Jewelmaker
01-03-2017, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=nightmaresmoke;2637151]Only thing missing for me is Christmas lights for houses :(

How about a menorah for next years event for houses?

Ceuidear
01-03-2017, 11:37 PM
I think Hearthy or Brood(Global event boss) need some tweaks like increase in points from 5 to 10 & drop 2-3 tokens.

Kiritobozz
01-04-2017, 06:43 PM
I think Hearthy or Brood(Global event boss) need some tweaks like increase in points from 5 to 10 & drop 2-3 tokens.

I completely agree :)