PDA

View Full Version : New to Pally need help

Pinkftw
09-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I hav Lvl60 Mage and I have fury set. I would like to become a pally. So I was just wondering what my stats should be? Any extra info about pallys would be appreciated:)

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 06:04 PM
so ur skill spec should look alittle like this...

Frostbite:6
Lightning:6
Heal:6
Resurrect:1
Firestorm: 6
Icestorm:2
Drain Life:6
Weakness:6
Nightmare:6
Magic Shield:1
Blessing of Vitality:6
Blessing of Might:6
and make IceStorm 3 when ur 61 ;)

and u should just mostly play CTF cause Pallys and WarBirds own there :)

Doubletime
09-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Pink, keep one thing in mind when switching from pure intel to a pally build. There is a big drop off in your skill damage, but you get a lot more survivibility for it. However, you can boost your skill damage by switching back to either a wand/bracer setup or by using a staff in certain situations. If you have a good tank in the party for instance or if you are running with a good group and you aren't as concerned about taking a lot of aggro. And probably most common - for boss kills. Every little bit of dps can help.

So keep two sets of gear. Only put as many points as need to equip your str gear in str and leave the rest in intel. And have several loadout saved on your equipment page for quick changes.

Take some time to equip different gear (str, intel, and a mix) and look at the skill damage on your skill page. This will give you a good idea of how to set up your toon for several situations.

Good luck.

Paar
09-29-2011, 06:56 PM
I sold u that Fury Set !!!! TY BTW!!!!!(: Luv ya Pinkie!!!!

Whirlzap
09-29-2011, 07:03 PM
I think he went pally for PVP purposes...so annoying having......
warbirds and pallies in PVP beat you and go, "Im pro."
No you're not. You're simply dual speccing and have high armor. Besides If i had that much stats, I would easily beat you>.>

Anyways, rofl you got it mostly right however you lack one error.
As you level up your character, invest in Mana Shield rather than Ice Storm.
PVP will usually be long ranged, so you honestly won't need Ice Storm that does horrible damage more than a good Amor Buff from Mana Shield. As a pally, you want to stack as much armor as possible.

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I think he went pally for PVP purposes...so annoying having......
warbirds and pallies in PVP beat you and go, "Im pro."
No you're not. You're simply dual speccing and have high armor. Besides If i had that much stats, I would easily beat you>.>

Anyways, rofl you got it mostly right however you lack one error.
As you level up your character, invest in Mana Shield rather than Ice Storm.
PVP will usually be long ranged, so you honestly won't need Ice Storm that does horrible damage more than a good Amor Buff from Mana Shield. As a pally, you want to stack as much armor as possible.
mana shield isnt rlly that important to Pallys because ive seen Pallys CTF with no mana shield at all

Not really it's less than a 10% armor buff at the cost of 6 points