PDA

View Full Version : Reworking the language and chat filter

uratia
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I understand that this game is aimed at a broad age audience, and respect STS's aim to meet certain quality standards - but I feel the current language filter is a really overkill. I think entirely omitting the message is good enough, but a 5 minute mute for a word you accidentally typed or may not think is that bad just interrupts communication with other players in crucial situations. Just don't think scolding on this level should be the job of an MMO, regular filtering or logical placement of censorship is good enough.

On a similar note - is it possible to change this?. I come across some people who claim they never had been silenced for 5 minutes for a mild vulgarity slip.

Zapoke
09-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Don't forget the auto correct! That's muted me SO many times. I type dex and it corrects to s... Instead :-).

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 07:18 PM
there should rlly be a button that says into the Chat Log "I'm sorry, but this player has been muted for XXX minutes."

uratia
09-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Thats my feelings, sometimes I accidentally get muted and people think Im ignoring them. If that 5 minute mute absolutely needs to stay, give some warning or something instead of just BAM - muted. I think 3 warnings on language before eventually getting muted is fair. Immediate muting though is just counterproductive to gameplay.

SuperNas
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
there should rlly be a button that says into the Chat Log "I'm sorry, but this player has been muted for XXX minutes." true

Silentarrow
09-29-2011, 07:41 PM
I've been muted twice. In the first situation I was explaining how to kill the OverLord to some people then I was muted mid sentence! The whole group just rushed in and died in result of this!

Cytokinesis
09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
i only got muted once and it was when i PvP'ing and someone said "Go" and i tried to type "Sec" but instead i typed an "X" in stead of a "C"

Whirlzap
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Yep, that's exactly why I turned off Auto Correct. Permanently.
Also, the "Sorry I got Muted." sounds like a good idea.
Would really love to see it.

Sassinya
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
there should rlly be a button that says into the Chat Log "I'm sorry, but this player has been muted for XXX minutes."

I really like this idea. Some kind of auto response to tells and one that maybe randomly goes out to current group of zone every minute or so would be so much appreciated!