PDA

View Full Version : The truth of grave stone

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 12:45 AM
After thousand times of death from gravestone, it's time for the truth to be revealed.
In haunted symphony, Skeleton archer and only him will cast a debuff on you which drain your health and mana siganificantly. While you've been debuffed, if u were hit by zombie(melee attack),theres a 90% chance cause gravestone on you.
Yep,it's a mob combo skill. same as the others in the rest of the map, death shot in symphony, knock out in pain house. I'm not sure how exactly the other mob combo works, but it's definately debuff+normal attack style like gravestone.
So, STS first time bring into a dispell concept into the game which i believe is really exciting. Yes, mage heal can dispell all the debuffs(except the one in nuris madness can only dispell by light). Heal becomes more important than ever because of debuffs, and spam health pots won't help you anymore because the combo almost one-hit everyone.(even with 4x elixer on)
Well done STS, this is a well designed campaign and it's quite hard. I can see your effort put into it and getting really excited about the future mt fang campaign release.

Orcish
09-30-2011, 12:55 AM
I assumed this was common knowledge XD

NECROREAPER
09-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I've gotten Gravestoned when there was no skeleton present, only zombies.

However I think STS has nerfed the debuff as I survive it say... 8/10 times now, but not without drinking down 10 HP pots in like 2 seconds to stop the drain. Very rarely does it ever one hit kill me nowadays, on elixir or off.

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Well done STS, this is a well designed campaign and it's quite hard. I can see your effort put into it and getting really excited about the future mt fang campaign release.

Well done STS for making the mage once again the only class that is almost necessary to have in any group; only adding to the unbalanced aspect of the game, mages are the only class that can revive (unless you're willing to spend plat), and now they're the only class that can dispel? Anything to counter for the avian/ursan classes, restore maybe (does anyone put points into that skill)? Should I be saying thanks for removing debuffs as well as for a revive now, as it stands mages are the only class getting thanked for doing what they're supposed to do!

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Well done STS for making the mage once again the only class that is almost necessary to have in any group; only adding to the unbalanced aspect of the game, mages are the only class that can revive (unless you're willing to spend plat), and now they're the only class that can dispel? Anything to counter for the avian/ursan classes, restore maybe (does anyone put points into that skill)? Should I be saying thanks for removing debuffs as well as for a revive now, as it stands mages are the only class getting thanked for doing what they're supposed to do!

This is wierd comment... Have u played any other mmorpg that a tank or dpser can heal or rev? Mage is made to be supportive class since there are only 3 classes in this game. And generally 80% mage won't heal u so don't expect they will dispel, i'm just point out how this debuff works.
To me, every class in a must have in team. My best ideal team is 1bear,2mage,2birds. There aren't any one that are more important than the others, we work as a team and doing different jobs.

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 02:08 AM
I've gotten Gravestoned when there was no skeleton present, only zombies.

However I think STS has nerfed the debuff as I survive it say... 8/10 times now, but not without drinking down 10 HP pots in like 2 seconds to stop the drain. Very rarely does it ever one hit kill me nowadays, on elixir or off.

It is nerfed a bit for sure. And it was never a one-hit combo. It hits u about 600 health the most. So a full health bear will never be one hitted.

NECROREAPER
09-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Oh ho trust me, I've bee 1 hit killed, and I have 740 life wearing glyph

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
This is wierd comment... Have u played any other mmorpg that a tank or dpser can heal or rev? There aren't any one that are more important than the others, we work as a team and doing different jobs.

As a skill, no; as an option via potion or item, yes. As far as working as a team, have you ever seen a host boot a member in search of any other class than enchantress? Mages are a must have in any team, the team can do without the others with only a slight disadvantage to the team overall but if you're missing a mage on a long map such as Haunted Symphony running back from spawn after a death is bothersome. If you're missing birds, then it'll take longer to clear the map, no bear then no crowd control (pallys seem to do the job just fine). Bottom line the mage is irreplaceable, where as birds are only dps dealers and a mage can spend their points into DEX and be just as proficient; pallys can't use the skills to taunt or beckon/stomp but they can gain aggro and live if they spend enough points into STR. Thank you for the information, but all I'm saying is that this just adds to the demand of one class and doesn't help any sort of team dynamic.

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Because u got crit hit, i was talking about normal hit, lol

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 02:29 AM
As a skill, no; as an option via potion or item, yes. As far as working as a team, have you ever seen a host boot a member in search of any other class than enchantress? Mages are a must have in any team, the team can do without the others with only a slight disadvantage to the team overall but if you're missing a mage on a long map such as Haunted Symphony running back from spawn after a death is bothersome. If you're missing birds, then it'll take longer to clear the map, no bear then no crowd control (pallys seem to do the job just fine). Bottom line the mage is irreplaceable, where as birds are only dps dealers and a mage can spend their points into DEX and be just as proficient; pallys can't use the skills to taunt or beckon/stomp but they can gain aggro and live if they spend enough points into STR. Thank you for the information, but all I'm saying is that this just adds to the demand of one class and doesn't help any sort of team dynamic.

Every class is a must have if you are talking about non-elixer runs in nuri. Maybe bird is a exception but i strongly recommand 2 birds in nuri runs because if you don't kill them fast enough before they wake up from the beckon stun, they will hahaha-u(pain house lol) and cause some ppl die. I guess a good idea for a must have bird is to bring back the Overlord shield.
And you will see how painful and slow it is if u don't have a good bear in symphony runs(non-elixer). Pally are just doing fine?Lmao. Pally can survive better than mage and thats it.(only PVE)

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Every class is a must have if you are talking about non-elixer runs in nuri. Maybe bird is a exception but i strongly recommand 2 birds in nuri runs because if you don't kill them fast enough before they wake up from the beckon stun, they will hahaha-u(pain house lol) and cause some ppl die. I guess a good idea for a must have bird is to bring back the Overlord shield.
And you will see how painful and slow it is if u don't have a good bear in symphony runs(non-elixer). Pally are just doing fine?Lmao. Pally can survive better than mage and thats it.(only PVE)

I understand your point of view and it's a shame that you cannot understand mine. You admit that birds have not been necessary since the OL shield, and most bears don't know how to play their class so their usefulness is marginal. A full mage party with an accomplished pally and a dexmage or two will be able to complete any run without problem. Can you say the same for any other class; a full bear party, full bird party?

jiroununu
09-30-2011, 03:11 AM
I understand you, i just don't get it why you complain one is more important than the other. Sure 5 mage can run through anything but are they efficent? I simply won't jump in the map as one of them. And if we talk about run through anything without efficency, why can't 5 bears and 5 birds?
I play all 3 classes, each of them have their advantage and weakness, no one is OP than the other or more important. The only thing make you feel is how much u love your class. Like me i simply don't enjoy play bird and bear is always my all time lover.It's just my playstyle. If you think one class is more important than the other, i think you just lost your passion about your choice, simply give the other class a try. I assume you play bird only?

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 03:34 AM
I understand you, i just don't get it why you complain one is more important than the other. Sure 5 mage can run through anything but are they efficent? I simply won't jump in the map as one of them. And if we talk about run through anything without efficency, why can't 5 bears and 5 birds?
I play all 3 classes, each of them have their advantage and weakness, no one is OP than the other or more important. The only thing make you feel is how much u love your class. Like me i simply don't enjoy play bird and bear is always my all time lover.It's just my playstyle. If you think one class is more important than the other, i think you just lost your passion about your choice, simply give the other class a try. I assume you play bird only?

My bird is my main, but I have a mage also (the bear I have isn't worth mentioning), and It's not really a complaint but valid observation imo. I've been in full bird parties and sure the enemies die as soon they enter bow range but there is always the worry of someone dying and the party having to wait or leave a man behind. A full bear party takes days to kill enemies and the fight over aggro control is horrible (which is probably why your ideal party only consists of one bear). Mages don't have to deal with any of those issues.

It's quite well know that mages are the most versatile class, you don't often see too many INT bears or birds simply because they don't function well, but a mage can accommodate both STR and DEX builds without any issues (I see even your mage is a hybrid). Since you mention weaknesses, what is the mage's main weakness? Also, I didn't say they were overpowered (I assume that's what you meant by OP) just that they are a vital member of any successful group and the other classes can be overlooked. Finally, I have not lost any love for the avian; I just don't understand why additional strain/reliance is being put on the enchantress. The class is already stressed to the max since players expect heals and revives to keep them playing without skipping a beat, now they have to contend with dispel also. I just want STS to hear the issue from this side of the fence and perhaps add an additional way for the other classes to remove their own debuff (plat free please) and not have to wait/beg for another member to rescue them.

Uepauke
09-30-2011, 04:16 AM
[on two birds, two mages, one bear]
I have to say that's my favourite team too (another mage saves me a lot of walking lol). I've been in all mage and/or bird teams and, yup, it can go quick but it's more messy and not as fun. I love the rhythm of beckon, ice thorn lightning stomp, the mob all gathered ready for aoes in a clump. At the boss (or even when the mobs aren't dying fast), a bear is great for taking the heat, allowing focus on heals and damage rather than pots, and of course, birds just make enemies disappear. So, while I wouldn't say that any class is necessary (I know bear teams for instance), I think it's the fun factor that makes the difference ;)

Rare
09-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Jiroununu... out of curiosity, where did you get the "90%" from? Was this just an estimate by you or was it provided by a dev?

ATL

Phoenixking
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
I have 3 birds 3 magesamd 3 bears all different and ihave seen even hybrids have roles that can help too lol :P not just pures fore exaple and intbird is good for dealing moderate damage and using staffs that have effects they also can root and dot anyone around str bird is a minitank that deals nice damage and dodge most attacks a dex bear is an aoe control and mass kill type a dex mage is a nuke and pally is another minitank that deals aoe spells O.o whoooah the possibilities

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I have 3 birds 3 magesamd 3 bears all different and ihave seen even hybrids have roles that can help too lol :P not just pures fore exaple and intbird is good for dealing moderate damage and using staffs that have effects they also can root and dot anyone around str bird is a minitank that deals nice damage and dodge most attacks a dex bear is an aoe control and mass kill type a dex mage is a nuke and pally is another minitank that deals aoe spells O.o whoooah the possibilities

I think the point is being missed here, sure you can create a mediocre hybrid that can try to take the place of a pure build and perhaps they can tank or be a moderate damage dealer/staff user. Nothing can replace the fact that only one class can group heal, revive and now dispel. That is all.

Asaciuacor
09-30-2011, 04:23 PM
i have also been "whacked" one hit kill in H.O.P.

Duped
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Ty for posting info on this, I've been wanting to know more about it for a while now (Gravestone)

LoveMadrid
10-02-2011, 09:32 AM
After thousand times of death from gravestone, it's time for the truth to be revealed.
In haunted symphony, Skeleton archer and only him will cast a debuff on you which drain your health and mana siganificantly. While you've been debuffed, if u were hit by zombie(melee attack),theres a 90% chance cause gravestone on you.
Yep,it's a mob combo skill. same as the others in the rest of the map, death shot in symphony, knock out in pain house. I'm not sure how exactly the other mob combo works, but it's definately debuff+normal attack style like gravestone.
So, STS first time bring into a dispell concept into the game which i believe is really exciting. Yes, mage heal can dispell all the debuffs(except the one in nuris madness can only dispell by light). Heal becomes more important than ever because of debuffs, and spam health pots won't help you anymore because the combo almost one-hit everyone.(even with 4x elixer on)

Jirou haha im Ihearless... I thought only the skeleton archers can deathshot you and only the skeleton archer can cast gravestone on you ..?