PDA

View Full Version : Help someone come back to PL

AdinoEznite
09-30-2011, 01:07 AM
So I had a friend who left PL and donated me the rest of his items, some of them including a 55 rr cap and recurve
This was the friend who gave me my start in PL because he answered my questions when I had just started and gave me a purple item too xD
his forum name is Unxtoxic if you guys know him

but anyway i wanted to help him out to see if he would come back and I would appreciate it if you guys would help me out, plus i think it would be pretty special if i could say that the whole PL community helped out...so heres my proposition:

every since the nuris update i know that BSewers crafting items are pretty worthless, and many opt to forgo lvl 55 sets and get nuris when they lvl up (i know i did)
I want to ask if anyone can donate any BSewers crafting items or the lvl 55 custom recipes
also need a lvl 55 RR leather - i can buy one off someone that has it

anyway i just thought I would ask if people wanted to help and if you had extra useless mats, they can go to a good use
so below will be a check list of whats needed (i think)

Needed:
lvl 55 RR leather

Received:
Fine Leather Panel x4
Gemstone Setting x3
Recurve Bow Body Base x2

Bought:
Recipe: lvl 55 custom helm
Recipe: lvl 55 custom leather
Recipe: lvl 55 custom recurve

also BSewers has dailys for the crafting mats right? if anyone could tell me how to get the quests that would help (because i only played sewers for like a week)

thank you!

*updated list!

Riccits
09-30-2011, 01:17 AM
IMO gear insnt the reason he dont plays anymore... he could also start with non pink gear and farm nuris gear.
those items u search here should be very cheap atm.

AdinoEznite
09-30-2011, 01:23 AM
IMO gear insnt the reason he dont plays anymore... he could also start with non pink gear and farm nuris gear.
those items u search here should be very cheap atm.
part of it was because the update made the prices of the lvl 55 gear that he started investing in tank

but i wanted to see if anyone was interested in helping out because custom set is a decent set to farm nuris with

Riccits
09-30-2011, 01:27 AM
part of it was because the update made the prices of the lvl 55 gear that he started investing in tank

but i wanted to see if anyone was interested in helping out because custom set is a decent set to farm nuris with

i think we all lost millions on 55 gear, thats normal, after nuri will happen the same. thats no reason to quit, just farm for new stuff :)

NECROREAPER
09-30-2011, 01:29 AM
Ez, remind me in game about this next time I see you

Gluttony
09-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I didn't know Untoxic quit, most of the items you're asking for are easily obtained via CS for cheap. I can help by donating, but wonder if you need the materials asked for or the materials they create, for instance 5 Superior blade steels create a Gemstone setting do you need gemstone settings?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're trying to craft a Custom recurve set. So I can offer 4 Fine leather panels, 3 Gemstone settings and 2 Recurve bow body bases, that should be all you need in terms of crafting materials (except recipes and the gear itself). Just find me in game to collect.

IGN: Gluttony

AdinoEznite
09-30-2011, 01:53 AM
i think we all lost millions on 55 gear, thats normal, after nuri will happen the same. thats no reason to quit, just farm for new stuff :)
yeah thats true, and he did, but at the time he was playing SL a bit and then when he tried nuris with me it was hard since he had sewer leathers and just the RR stuff he gave me

Ez, remind me in game about this next time I see you
ok

I didn't know Untoxic quit, most of the items you're asking for are easily obtained via CS for cheap. I can help by donating, but wonder if you need the materials asked for or the materials they create, for instance 5 Superior blade steels create a Gemstone setting do you need gemstone settings?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you're trying to craft a Custom recurve set. So I can offer 4 Fine leather panels, 3 Gemstone settings and 2 Recurve bow body bases, that should be all you need in terms of crafting materials (except recipes and the gear itself). Just find me in game to collect.

O.O wow thanks!
oh yes sorry its a custom recurve set

what ign is best to find you on?

edit*
updated

RedRyder
09-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Coming from someone that's "quit" 2x, he'll be back. Something will peak his curiosity enough for him to return. I've had friends that quit during the ancient swamps and ao2-3 era come back for sewers and very recently for nuri's.

AdinoEznite
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Coming from someone that's "quit" 2x, he'll be back. Something will peak his curiosity enough for him to return. I've had friends that quit during the ancient swamps and ao2-3 era come back for sewers and very recently for nuri's.
yup thats the hope and when he does we can say that the community helped him hit the ground running instead of starting from scratch! =]

Charmstrange
09-30-2011, 02:43 PM
I was thinking about quitting... anyone want to make me feel more welcome by giving me materials to craft my demonic set? ;)

Just teasing, I hope you have fun playing if your friend returns.

13lacklegionz
09-30-2011, 03:07 PM

The exact same thing has happened to me. To some, the game will become boring, and there isn't really anything you can do to stop him/her from leaving. But, just tell them to keep the account and the items, in case he/her might want to play again. Eventually, the lure of PL comes back to everyone.

Whirlzap
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm not trying to be rude but when he comes back for the second time he expects us to give him gear?
What's the point? If he really did come back to ACTUALLY PLAY the game, he can just use generic gear, such as the sewer greens/purples/oranges, they are just a little less-statted than pinks.
I've seen lots of people purposely make threads/spam for this.
Honestly, if you want good gear, go get it yourself. If you're gonna play the game, SPEND TIME getting your OWN gear!
Because if you come back simply to get free pinks, then that's just sad.
And what happened to you being a merchant?...

Whirlzap
09-30-2011, 03:14 PM
yup thats the hope and when he does we can say that the community helped him hit the ground running instead of starting from scratch! =]
....That's a sort of begging you know?

csb
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM

It's like playing stocks. So, he would be a day trader that gambled wrong and lost his money.

Tip: When a level increase is coming, liquidate all high level stock long before the update.

AdinoEznite
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm not trying to be rude but when he comes back for the second time he expects us to give him gear?
What's the point? If he really did come back to ACTUALLY PLAY the game, he can just use generic gear, such as the sewer greens/purples/oranges, they are just a little less-statted than pinks.
I've seen lots of people purposely make threads/spam for this.
Honestly, if you want good gear, go get it yourself. If you're gonna play the game, SPEND TIME getting your OWN gear!
Because if you come back simply to get free pinks, then that's just sad.
And what happened to you being a merchant?...

i respect that opinion, but its a way of thanking him, and i dont think i was the only person he helped...
im sorry if this thread offends you but it does seem that you did not know him as i did or as the people interesting in helping did

i pm LOTS of people when i was first starting out and NO ONE, including some well known people on the forums, took the time to answer my questions except for him

in any case they were his pinks that he gave to me before he left...im just trying to upgrade them a bit
is it necessary? of course not. is it a nice gesture? i think so.

i would still say i am a merchant, but because school and work started back up i cant play as much as i did over summer and hunting for items to merch and learning new prices takes time that i dont usually have
nor do i have a lot of time to farm since nuris drop rate is pretty low it seems like it would require a huge investment of time to get even a knock off pink...i leveled from 54ish to 60 in nuris without getting any pink drop period yet alone a glyph item so thats a testament to that statement

however i fail to see how me being a merchant has anything to do with this?
just because i am a merchant doesnt mean i cant do something nice for someone