PDA

View Full Version : The Economy

starsavior
09-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Since Spacetime didn't create prices for items this made players establish prices on items themselves. Personally I think the prices are too high and some people seem to have better luck than others. Anyways I would like to know your opinion on prices. :)

thequickone
09-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I like the idea of a free market, where the buyers and sellers are responsible for setting prices. While some sellers are, well... a bit out of whack with their prices, I believe that is normal, and that the natural trend for most items' prices will be downward. Only the really rare items will remain high in price, and then only for a short while. I think at least two of each item from different sellers are required to start figuring out exactly what an item is worth; the first to break the ice, and the second to say "no, I believe the item is really worth this..." After that, the ball is in the buyer's court. I will admit; however, it is quite entertaining to see what people believe their "rare" items to be worth. :)

Oh, and... First! ;)

starsavior
09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I like the way you think. Lol

Bakoffmycandy
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Personally I think a lot of the items are way under priced just for the hope of making a little Credit. Lets say you get a few items in Slouch, then you go to sell them on the Action Terminal & people have that same item listed for 19 or 20 cred...You said it, we created the pricing. No one else did. I think very low undercuts like that sould not be done. If you put an Item up on the AT for 20 Cred it costs you 10 Cred to list that item for 3 hours. I meen a measly 10 Cred for taking the time to merchant? ? ? No room for profit guys...Even if the Items were going for a good 35-40 Cred a piece, Thats still much better then only making 10 Cred off of one transaction. Just my observations.

Acyer
09-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Market too high????? Bro the market crashed as soon as epics hit the game. Only way to make any money is vanitys or crafting mats. I think sts should increase liquidating prices on junk 3-5 credits is horrible.

starsavior
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
It seems like there's two kinds of people in sl or pl, Ones that charge way over or way under. I personally believe that everyone should make some profit of everything but not break someone's bank. There should always be a perfect balance if that is a possibility.

Zapoke
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
The problem with STS making each item X price is that it makes all items set in stone. And that makes merchants lose their way of profit, forcing everyone to farm, and in the end... A lot more of all items. All still the same price as when there was only 10...

SuperNas
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
We have a high prices (255,000 highest I seen)
Then we have a stupid crazy low price (19) if you ask me, I rather have higher price per item then a lower. If everyone has it what's the point of something being called a rare or epic?

starsavior
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Everyone I know always gets good items which results in them even giving away purple. BTW the highest price I've seen is 977000

Bakoffmycandy
09-30-2011, 02:17 PM
It seems like there's two kinds of people in sl or pl, Ones that charge way over or way under. I personally believe that everyone should make some profit of everything but not break someone's bank. There should always be a perfect balance if that is a possibility.

Unfortunately greed makes this impossible in any monetary system, old or new.

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 02:35 PM
At any time, the price of items are set by the sellers at what they think they will be bought for.

It costs A LOT to list something that's 200,000 for a day. A LOT! - So no one is going to waste money on posting an item if you don't think it's going to sell, right?

And then purps come in, I was grabbing them and selling them for 45k+ at the very start, it was glorious, now the same items are worth less then 500!

Supply and demand, they could make epics rarer etc. and that would set them at better prices.. (All of us high levels are going to keep doing mindless runs anyway, no matter the drops right?)

And then the lucky get rich (As they are right now with Legendary items, Vanities etc).

If you are lucky enough to get one and sell it for a quick 200k-400k you won't be complaining that the prices are the way they are, I guarantee it!

I like it just the way it is. :)

krazii
09-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Not only that but some peeps buy credits with cold hard cash (via plat) to facilitate buying items. That throws a whole new wrench into the works.

starsavior
09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
We are shaping the game world for future players and as of now newbies are slammed scammed and frowned upon.

Gazroast
09-30-2011, 03:00 PM
We are shaping the game world for future players and as of now newbies are slammed scammed and frowned upon.

Vanities SHOULD drop from ALL levels/crates monsters etc. just very, very, VERY rarely. So Luck = Yes. Screwed because your new = no.

:)

csb
09-30-2011, 04:00 PM

The two kinds of people are those that know the value of an item, and those that don't. Those that know the value will buy up all the undervalued items. If he guesses wrong, he will lose his money. But, he is not wrong, so he makes a profit.

Unfortunately for the buyers, there are no great deals. This is the way the market works.

csb
09-30-2011, 04:08 PM

It's not about greed. It's good business. If you get a drop worth 200k are you going to sell it for 2k to be nice and not "greedy"? I think not.

Kraze
09-30-2011, 05:13 PM

It's not about greed. It's good business. If you get a drop worth 200k are you going to sell it for 2k to be nice and not "greedy"? I think not.
Normally those 200k for 2k are people who just forgot to a zero or two it happens

Cahaun
09-30-2011, 05:52 PM
The economy is good in SL. Its the people that bought millions of gold with platinum in PL that caused heavy inflation there. Thats why the max amount of credits per purchase is 35,000 and should stay 35,000.

Kraze
09-30-2011, 05:56 PM
The economy is good in SL. Its the people that bought millions of gold with platinum in PL that caused heavy inflation there. Thats why the max amount of credits per purchase is 35,000 and should stay 35,000. if the problem is buying gold how does making people buy that gold or credits in smaller chunks improve anything?

starsavior
09-30-2011, 06:19 PM
More credits in circulation means prices go up and less credits mean prices go down.

* at least I think

BodMaster
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
The economy is good in SL. Its the people that bought millions of gold with platinum in PL that caused heavy inflation there. Thats why the max amount of credits per purchase is 35,000 and should stay 35,000.

PL random items 'junk' = 50-180g+ per liquidation.

SL random items 'junk' = 2-5c...

Think that has a massive impact on this as well.. go do a few runs in PL and liquidate findings;

PL ~ (Slots)300x (item)180=54k g (Even more than this most likely)

SL ~ 300x5=1.5k c

Massive difference as you can see.. so say 5000 players per day in PL go on a run all getn same items and liquidate;

PL ~ 5000x54k=270mil g (270milx7=1,890,000,000 g per week being brought into the game)

SL ~ 5000x1.5k=7.5mil c (7.5milx7=52,500,000 c per week)

Seeing a patern here..? this is one of the main reasons why both have total different economies.

Kraze
09-30-2011, 06:36 PM

PL random items 'junk' = 50-180g+ per liquidation.

SL random items 'junk' = 2-5c...

Think that has a massive impact on this as well.. go do a few runs in PL and liquidate findings;

PL ~ (Slots)300x (item)180=54k g (Even more than this most likely)

SL ~ 300x5=1.5k c

Massive difference as you can see.. so say 5000 players per day in PL go on a run all getn same items and liquidate;

PL ~ 5000x54k=270mil g (270milx7=1,890,000,000 g per week being brought into the game)

SL ~ 5000x1.5k=7.5mil c (7.5milx7=52,500,000 c per week)

Seeing a patern here..? this is one of the main reasons why both have total different economies.
Um how many 18 million credit sets are in sl? IMO because liq prices are so low it magnifies the impact of people buying credits. 35k is very easily made in a day in pl just in liquidating junk making buying gold a less appealing endeavor. Not the case with sl.

starsavior
09-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I average around 1k a day from selling items.

Kraze
09-30-2011, 06:52 PM
I average around 1k a day from selling items.
Ok but items sell for much less the problem is if an item is liquidating for 200 on pl and a similar item is worth 2 on sl but the max gold you can purchase on pl is 250k for 700 plat if you spend roughly the same plat in sl you'll get 175k or so. That's what's causing the issues in sl

starsavior
09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes gold is much easier to come by. But I find it weird how on SL it cost 10k or 20 plat and in PL it costs 250k or 20 plat to make a guild so somehow gold to credits changes where as plat stays the same.

Kraze
09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Yes gold is much easier to come by. But I find it weird how on SL it cost 10k or 20 plat and in PL it costs 250k or 20 plat to make a guild so somehow gold to credits changes where as plat stays the same.
Ok restate what I posted while the liquidation is higher on items it actually discourages buying gold as the conversion of gold for plat is not worth it. In some cases the difference between liquidation value can be nearly 100 times however the plat exchange is roughly 25% more in pl. Hence purchased credits are flooding the sl market and driving prices up on items.

SuperNas
10-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Less credits in circulation means prices go up and more credits mean prices go down.

* at least I think

Its the other way around

starsavior
10-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Less credits in circulation means prices go up and more credits mean prices go down.

* at least I think

Its the other way around it can be both because less money you would have to pay up because the value of 1 cred

SuperNas
10-01-2011, 01:56 AM

* at least I think

Its the other way around it can be both because less money you would have to pay up because the value of 1 cred

The value of 1 cred will raise if less of it was around therefore making it more valuable also making prices lower.

If more credits were to circulate than that value of 1 cred would be less valuable making prices raise because everyone has alot of creds.

starsavior
10-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Lol haven't been to sleep in two days so I'm kinda feeling dumb.

Cabero
10-01-2011, 03:17 AM
The only problem I have with the economy is the liquidation prices for junk items. When the average player has to spend every thing he makes on stims even with the guild discount. Something is off. Even though I do think as future patches come to pass it won't be so hard. Because with each level cap raise the liquidation prices will continue to go up. But in the meantime I think they need to lower stim prices and raise them as they go to balance it out. I really don't enjoy spending all the credits I earn just on stims. In PL I was able to keep a surplus of potions just by liquidating junk items and have gold left over to build up over time but not here.

Yes I do know if you know how to play the CS you can make a lot of credits. But I have never managed to master that. lol

Hullukko
10-01-2011, 05:06 AM

Really? Wasn't gold seriously expensive in PL?

I dunno how it's like in PL these days, but I'd say the 100-200 you get per liquidation has more to do with it. That money is pumped into the system and people walk away with gear. I played for six months and walked away with a massive amount really rare gear for a 56 in bs worth many millions and maybe a few hundred k. 300k was something I ground in a couple of days in ctk and plasma back in the day. BS was more about finding pinks to trade because the drop rates of common items was so much smaller.

The purps in SL are way more common than pinks in PL, but the vanities and pinks are more rare. Carballoy and few other mats drops about the same rate as pinks did in BS. And I just sold one for 8k, with the liquidation factor of 30 that's a few hunderd k in pl terms, sounds about right. Multiplying the purp and vanity prices with the pl/sl liquidation factor and they sure seem about right to me considering their drop frequencies and what comparable sums of money felt to be worth.

And the insane prices of vanities can rather safely be explained by their rarity. I've ground 25k kills in team games and not seen a single vanity drop and only one pink.

The market is a lot smaller, but works pretty much the same as in PL. Can't really think of much difference other than the size in terms of items and different ranges of people doing business there.

EDIT: The few _massive_ differences are:
prices of stims (which I like the way they are in SL now)
elixirs (I liked the old PL pricing better, but I'm sure STS is comfy with the new one)
recipes (which in my opinion are spot on)