PDA

View Full Version : Weather- and Day & Nightcycle

Arlorz
12-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Hello,

I'm playing this game since 2013 and I always thought about how cool it would be to run Elites while it's raining, standing in town at night surrounded by flickering lights.
This would bring SO much variety into this game!
Running mausoleum all over again to reach Acolyte rank, and again, and again... until it bored you enough to take a short break from the game.
With a weather and day & night cylce, i think the atmosphere in this game would be so much better.
Hearing the rain in the background and seeing the lights of a bolt, accompanied by a thunder, damn i would love to run elites!
Even running maps at night, it would be just so much cooler!
Standing at paradise pier at night while watching at all these toons running around with beautiful, shimmering particle-effects, damn i can't stop raving.

Is it needed? No.
Will it improve the feeling while running maps and farming for items, and would towns like paradise pier look dope at night? Oh yes!

Leave your thoughts here, i can't be the only one with that wish!
Of course there are other things which are "more important" but this game is 4 years old and i think it's time for some small details as well.

This is what it could look like in Travelers Outpost:

Thanks for reading!

Chocolaty
12-25-2016, 11:58 AM
+1 yes day and night cycle would be great. Like graveyard it has a dark them to it when running the map.

Arlorz
12-25-2016, 12:23 PM

nightmaresmoke
12-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Dandruff weather? Lol

"The nightmare never ends"

Mess
12-25-2016, 04:18 PM
This + the arlor official time would be perfect!!! +1

Mezderak
12-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Good idea i like to see rain all around or lighting in the background after a great battle from northal or cryostar or jadis gearloose just saying :)

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Naughtiest
12-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Bad idea if u ask me. When its daytime in America its night where im from. So i would be playing AL constantly in the dark. My mage will fall ill due to lack of sunlight.

Medusazx
12-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Great idea :D ! why not ? and we can have a fixed time in game . It would help people .

Naughtiest
12-25-2016, 08:59 PM
I told you why not. I will be playing in the dark 90% of the time. Thats not fair.

Hercules
12-25-2016, 09:23 PM
Pretty idea, but I tell you something. I have seen many threads about your idea since 2013. And STS always ignore it :V

Medusazx
12-25-2016, 09:40 PM
I told you why not. I will be playing in the dark 90% of the time. Thats not fair.

Probably should have put an option to follow the current day/night or your timezone .

oh wait that would make the fixed time looks weird .

nah so i think weathers could happen lol .

Naughtiest
12-25-2016, 09:43 PM
Well in that case put in an option to play in day environment or night environment any time. Same thing right?

Energizeric
12-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Definitely would be a cool addition to the game. And perhaps it could have consequences in battle. For example, if there is bad weather then you wouldn't be able to shoot a bow or gun or throw an axe as far as if the weather was good. Also, if it was dark then you wouldn't be able to see as far ahead of where you are as you would otherwise.

I'm sure this would take some extensive programming to add this to the game.

Arlorz
12-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Definitely would be a cool addition to the game. And perhaps it could have consequences in battle. For example, if there is bad weather then you wouldn't be able to shoot a bow or gun or throw an axe as far as if the weather was good. Also, if it was dark then you wouldn't be able to see as far ahead of where you are as you would otherwise.

Definitely a nice idea, but I'm pretty sure this is too much to ask for.
I think the atmosphere itself is really worth it.

Candyloverz
12-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Omg this would be so cool ! +1 for thisssss :)

epicrrr
12-26-2016, 09:52 PM
A night/day cycle and a weather system that can be turned on or off in options. Yes please!

Daehanie
12-26-2016, 11:55 PM
Count me in.. My head.. My head.. In.. 😆😆😆😆

MrsAnnoying
12-27-2016, 04:58 AM
Liked the idea :3 +1

Gouiwaa9000
12-27-2016, 05:04 AM
+1 , i always tough sts should focus abit more on making the game look better rather than constantly adding new gameplay ( we have enough of that for now , i know there some poeple that play 24/7 and already completed the expansion , but most the poeple didnt event reach lightbearer yet )

adressing the issue of time zones , why not give AL its own day that last around 2 hours of real time ?

Rehired
12-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Why would a game ever in the world have a normal 12 hour day and night cycle? Have you or do you play GTA? Did you notice how the days are less than 2-3 hours each? That's how AL could be. Rn we could have snow.

Great idea though, +1

Suentous PO
12-27-2016, 07:15 PM

This would p*** me off to no end. Weather that only affected range limits most classes even more than warrior with his one range attack, why punish range ? Every couple hours I'm gonna get rained on and have status problems when I live in Portland and hate the frickin rain anyway- no no no plz

Just some visual change could be ok BUT there's several pages of bugs and battlegrounds isn't out yet,
I think there's better things for them to work on imho

Iuxor
12-28-2016, 03:59 AM
Sounds like an awesome addition to the game... I don't agree with the weather or sunlight affecting attacks, or even affecting any part of an individual players movement or presence.. But, having a fixed Arlor time(maybe town clocks?) which would indicate day and night themed towns would be great... It would additionally make it MUCH easier to organize meetings and guild events rather than explaining and differentiating between several timezones.

I'm sure so many of us would rather just say "Meet in Garetta around 2pm(arlor time)! If it's raining, we will meet in the Guildhall!"

That'd be lovely..... :D

Arlorz
12-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Sounds like an awesome addition to the game... I don't agree with the weather or sunlight affecting attacks, or even affecting any part of an individual players movement or presence.. But, having a fixed Arlor time(maybe town clocks?) which would indicate day and night themed towns would be great... It would additionally make it MUCH easier to organize meetings and guild events rather than explaining and differentiating between several timezones.

I'm sure so many of us would rather just say "Meet in Garetta around 2pm(arlor time)! If it's raining, we will meet in the Guildhall!"

That'd be lovely..... :D

Exactly this was my thought.

Aimsax
12-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Great! Haven't seen an idea like this pop up in a while. Adding an atmosphere to the game would be an awesome upgrade, let everyone enjoy of this feature on the "Settings" bar.

Imagine Paradise Pier at night!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161229/f8f031c2dd8e2ec38724197fb60245b9.jpg Of course, with beach lights[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadavette
12-29-2016, 05:05 PM
+11111111 to this

Potato is me
12-29-2016, 08:59 PM
If they implement it, you people better not complain about graphic lags and crashes. As the Dev has said, aura and particle effects have already caused lots of lags and with this I think all of us have to custom build our computers to play AL.. Is it a good idea? Yes. But is it practical? NO!

Aimsax
12-29-2016, 09:30 PM
If they implement it, you people better not complain about graphic lags and crashes. As the Dev has said, aura and particle effects have already caused lots of lags and with this I think all of us have to custom build our computers to play AL.. Is it a good idea? Yes. But is it practical? NO!

Have you played Vainglory or league of legends? You really gonna tell me you need a custom pc to play that? Lol

VenomSet
12-31-2016, 02:12 AM

I don't think this will cause many problems.
Just making the sky darker and adding rains etc isn't too heavily to implement.

VenomSet
01-21-2017, 02:28 AM
Bump to this idea.

Wiz8
01-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Bump. Great idea buddy.

MorFar`
01-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Bump amazing idea also add some arcane legends clock so we have time because we all are from diff time zones and arcane legend time zone would be amazing!

Poslano sa mog Elephone G7 koristeći Tapatalk

Daehanie
01-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Bump bump bump 💃💃💃

voidPtr
01-22-2017, 06:35 AM
You know, devs can only implement very few of the ideas that they have. There's always the lack of time. And i've read so many of great ideas, some of which would require a lot of work - not everything can be implemented.
And i don't see the usefulness of this idea, except, let's call it, "looking cool". Yes, some players would prefer "looking cool" improvements. I personally would prefer enhancements that will make my life in the game easier. (Absolutely random examples: easier inventory navigating-maybe buttons,sorting,searching,etc; consignment shop improvements-bidding/negotiating,buyer section,searching,view/resell unsold items,etc; i'm really throwing out only the very first of the ideas that i remember, there are a Lot of other "useful" ideas that exist.)
Ofcourse, in the end devs decide what to implement or not, there are a lot of different players(preferring different things) and they decide what would be beneficial for their game.

Daehanie
01-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Diff head.. Diff mind.. Diff way of thinking.. ✌✌

Arlorz
01-29-2017, 10:58 AM
You is think much Pokemon Gold/Silver there is day/night no copy this is no good game in AL idea. If want weather change you is go outside is fresh air, earthquakes, rain, sun, tornadoes and tsunami you. Now listen advise me! if you is want moon then you is sleep day mid and wait dark then boom! Moon! If you is want sun then sleep night boom! Sun. Sts advise listen me no change weather/day/night professional experience me no is thank me ;D

No thanks

Bryx0023
02-07-2017, 06:11 AM
This is actually a good idea, however I hope that the effects (day/night) will be based on your GMT so that conflict on different time will be avoided :3

Kollegahx
02-08-2017, 05:01 PM
These effects will make devices more laggy than it is already tho...

runagain
02-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Pretty cool Idea tbh, but u'll get problems with the time zones or u have to pick GMT time

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk